Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

There aren't any strikers at a similar level to Kane. Also, what is the point in targeting a number 8? We have a young player in Mainoo who is crying out for a DM next to him. We need a huge overhaul and should be targeting players in every single position.

There aren't any strikers at a similar level to Kane. Also, what is the point in targeting a number 8? We have a young player in Mainoo who is crying out for a DM next to him. We need a huge overhaul and should be targeting players in every single position.
I think we need a midfielder who can control a game more than anything else, in fact, we’ve needed that for over a decade.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mbappe would cost us a bomb, Osimhen and Martinez are not worth the money

Remember the geese

I think we need a midfielder who can control a game more than anything else, in fact, we’ve needed that for over a decade.
I'd like to see us free Mainoo up slightly and allow him to be more influential. De Jong style. Get a DM beside him and you have a proper base. Even better still if we can field a third midfielder, as opposed to whatever we are currently doing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
All out for Isak.
I was desperate for Thuram. Everyone laughed at me for that and yet I thought it was a no brainer. He could play in 2 positions and he was free. Look at him now. He scored 8 goals and made 7 assists in 20 Serie A games.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
A striker in the mould of Kane?
Nonsense, who is out there other than...Kane?

Osimhen? no where near as good as Kane

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was desperate for Thuram. Everyone laughed at me for that and yet I thought it was a no brainer. He could play in 2 positions and he was free. Look at him now. He scored 8 goals and made 7 assists in 20 Serie A games.
Seire A is always a lottery. Remember when piatek and belotti were amazing there.

Marcelinho87

We have a manager who does not know how to coach an attacking game. Whoever we buy for our attack won’t improve anything.
Are we sure that is the case? Or do we have empowered players like Rashford who for one reason or another think they are above the manager.

Remember we have been first and foremost a commercial entity for the past decade, which leads me to believe that the Glazers put the commercially beneficial players ahead of the rest regardless of form or footballing matters - What first piqued my interest on this was when we heard that the Glazers (Joel iirc) stopped the sale of Martial, since then I don't believe we have had a manager since SAF that has been allowed to manage as they wish.

Laurencio

Three potential strikers tbh. Mbappe (not happening), Osimhen and Lautaro Martinez. Lautaro is arguably the most versatile one. He also has the best stats of the two in terms of both creating and shots to goal ratios (in the same league) - which matches Harry Kane's output. His passing is significantly better and he is a signficantly better dribbler than Osimhen, and his numbers this season match Kane.

Rojofiam

Three potential strikers tbh. Mbappe (not happening), Osimhen and Lautaro Martinez. Lautaro is arguably the most versatile one. He also has the best stats of the two in terms of both creating and shots to goal ratios (in the same league) - which matches Harry Kane's output. His passing is significantly better and he is a signficantly better dribbler than Osimhen, and his numbers this season match Kane.
Incredibly overrated.

wolvored

We need an experienced older striker for Hojlund to watch and learn from. Lewandowski would have been perfect for a season or two. Osiman and Mbappe will negate having Hojlund, so another £70 mill down the drain.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We need an experienced older striker for Hojlund to watch and learn from. Lewandowski would have been perfect for a season or two. Osiman and Mbappe will negate having Hojlund, so another £70 mill down the drain.
Mbappé would play on the left, so in theory I don't see how he negates Hojlund or any center forward.

Blood Mage

Only striker who's near Kane's level currently plays for Man City. I'd settle for Toney or Solanke to be honest.

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredibly overrated.
Lautaro's a very good player, but he's at his best when partnered with another striker.

So we'd have to partner him and Hojlund together. Personally not a fan of systems that utilize 2 strikers together nowadays.

croadyman

Lautaro's a very good player, but he's at his best when partnered with another striker.

So we'd have to partner him and Hojlund together. Personally not a fan of systems that utilize 2 strikers together nowadays.
Why aren't you a fan of 2 strikers then?

Eddy_JukeZ

Why aren't you a fan of 2 strikers then?
Personally think it limits how great a team can be in today's game. Most of the best teams over the past decade employed 1 striker and 2 forwards from the flanks.

The only team you can argue employed 2 strikers were Real Madrid during their 3-peat with Ronaldo becoming more of a penalty box player, but that team had 10-11 world class players all over the field. Not exactly a blueprint you can follow.

I just prefer an extra player in midfield versus 2 central strikers playing off each other. I'd rather have my team focus on controlling the midfield, pinning teams back via controlled sustained possession. Most of the systems employing 2 strikers nowadays cede midfield control or aren't optimized to gain midfield control vs the top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.