Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

5% season ticket price increase for next season.

Don't think that's a particularly good luck for the club in a constant cost of living crisis.
The club is also having to face the cost of living crisis. Energy costs, policing, transport to away games etc are all increasing. This rise will bring in around £1.5m a year, not a huge amount for the club budget - but we’ve had 10+ years of a price freeze. It will pay for Rashford’s wages for about 5 weeks, but every little helps as a Supermarket says.

Juicy Juiced

I first want to say I love UTD ( i don't want get banned)

Yesterday, I was on the tour of Bernebau...It was from friend to friend to his friend. We balkan people are like that

It is fecking masterpiece, I visited botanic garden, and saw little bit of the screen show. Tottenham stadium already looks like toilet compared to this.

New guys, need to start talk about stadion. We are lights years behind.

Grande

Yesterday, I was on the tour of Bernebau...It was from friend to friend to his friend. We balkan people are like that

It is fecking masterpiece, I visited botanic garden, and saw little bit of the screen show. Tottenham stadium already looks like toilet compared to this.

Progress is a fairytale told in early school.

flameinthesun

Not sure how to link videos but there's an interesting interview on Rio's channel where he interviews David Gill.

Edit: seems it automatically links it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We expecting any announcement for the PL ratification this week?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Not going to pretend I know what any of this means.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not going to pretend I know what any of this means.
I’m going to assume it means they are going to allow Ratcliffe to continue to purchase B shares and retain B voting rights. Currently only Glazers can do that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can someone translate this to English?
Class A has less control
Class B has a lot more control

Ratcliff seems to have bought shares to enable him to have more control.

Basically what we knew but just formalised.

Stinkypete

Can someone translate this to English?
The original system was that if anybody bought class B shares they instantly transferred into class A and lost half there power in order to prevent the Brothers losing power. Its been amended to allow Ratcliffes deal to take place.

TsuWave

Why would you be banned because you liked Real’s stadium? :lol:

also, easy on the hyperbole. Spurs stadium is very nice - even if the Bernabeu moved you.

Laurencio

I might be reading the SEC filing wrong, but it seems to me that the Glazers are now free to sell Sir Jim their shares whenever they want to?

Any of our shareholders may transfer all or any of his or her ordinary shares by an instrument of transfer in the usual or common form or any other form approved by our board of directors, subject to the applicable restrictions of our amended and restated memorandum and articles of association, such as the suspension of transfers for a period immediately preceding a general meeting, or the determination that a proposed transfer is not eligible.
With Sir Jim holding B shares he qualifies as a B-share "holder or affiliate", and shares sold to him won't be subject to a conversion.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How long does it take EPL to make a decision on this deal, for feck's sake?

United's midfield, even with Mctominay, moves faster than this.

Stinkypete

How long does it take EPL to make a decision on this deal, for feck's sake?

United's midfield, even with Mctominay, moves faster than this.
They told you at the start, 6-8 weeks. It's been approximately 6 so there's potential for it to still take 2.

Ducker has said it is expected within a few days.

Paul778

Don't want to see it announced today anyway. It shouldn't be in any way associated with 6th Feb. Imagine if the shareholding went really badly and it was forever associated with the same day.

Blood Mage

Yeah I think Ratcliffe/Ineos will fully own the club in a few years, they mean business. Whether or not they can actually bring success back to the club while City's financial cheating is allowed to continue remains to be seen.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Don't want to see it announced today anyway. It shouldn't be in any way associated with 6th Feb. Imagine if the shareholding went really badly and it was forever associated with the same day.
I think that’s why a few journalists/posters were saying in the last few days it shouldn’t be 6th Feb. Pretty sure Jim/his advisors are switched on enough to know this… as a fan, he definitely should be?

Another step nearer majority ownership.

Laurencio

Yeah I think Ratcliffe/Ineos will fully own the club in a few years, they mean business. Whether or not they can actually bring success back to the club while City's financial cheating is allowed to continue remains to be seen.
I think it will be much sooner than a few years. This bid seems to be a way to get his foot in the door, satisfy fiducial responsibility towards the minority share-holders, stack the board, set him up as a Class B share holder, and open up the door for him to purchase Glazer shares once he's approved by the Premier League.
It wouldn't surprise me if he's majority owner by 2025.

croadyman

I think that’s why a few journalists/posters were saying in the last few days it shouldn’t be 6th Feb. Pretty sure Jim/his advisors are switched on enough to know this… as a fan, he definitely should be?

Another step nearer majority ownership.
Yeah I wouldn't expect the announcement on a poignant day like today. Ratcliffe is switched on enough to understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.