Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gardening leave? Eh? Is this a well known term?
A guy at our work had to serve a 9month period of gardening leave coming in from a competitor.

Full pay, 9 months off to travel and cruise around. Amazing.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I guess he has a normal / short notice period (about 6 months) and a non compete for another 6-12 months. And thats the issue and also legal

Stinkypete

yeah I call BS on this. They way Ineos have started the overhaul behind the scenes by aggressively going after Berrada and Ashworth, I can't see how they would allow/trust EtH and Murtough with another summer window. I would think it's more realistic both will be gone at the end of the season than them having a big input about the club going forward.
Why not use the staff you are paying for in the mean time?

Nothing wrong with Murtough and Ten Hag discussing player profiles the club needs, and if those align with the people Ratcliffe hires then scouting. Murtough can approach potential players or there agent and see if a move is realistic. We are nearing spring and going into the second half of the season. Its worthy Iaying down foundations for the summer window.

For what it's worth, Ornstein believes INEOS are going to stick with ETH so it is worth at least beginning the search for players he needs.

Raven

He seems to be making the right moves so far, moves that should have been made when Fergie retired or perhaps before. Hopefully this is the game changer and we can finally start getting our shit together.

Waynne

I'm excited for Dan Ashworth to come in.

I hope the club takes as much time as they need to bring in the right people to help steer this great club.

moodyred

I can imagine Omar and ETH having regular afternoon tea in Dan Ashworth's garden for the next few months.

croadyman

Ashworth has to be involved in that conversation. No doubt he’s also got his own ideas for that post.
Yeah think he would have liked Sam Jewell,however reckon he's Chelsea bound. Find it hard to believe he would wait for Ashworth,unless they have some kind of close relationship we don’t know about

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I reckon he wanted the DoF job and we offered a recruitment role.
Yeah, there was always the question mark over Mitchell about whether he would want to step back down to a lesser role after being the main guy at Monaco. He's in the situation where he can probably aim at either being be the DoF/Sporting Director at a lower club or Head of Recruitment (or maybe assistant DoF) at a top one. Up to him which he wants to target. We may have wanted him for the latter and he wasn't interested as he wanted the former.

Of course, there's also a fair chance that we didn't actually offer him a role at all.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Has the multi club CL question ever been answered for sure? I.e. if we do manage to make 5th and get a CL spot and Nice qualify also, was there any truth to the fact the higher placed one would be in contention for the spot and the other would have to forfeit? Don't know if there was any truth in that

Stinkypete

Has the multi club CL question ever been answered for sure? I.e. if we do manage to make 5th and get a CL spot and Nice qualify also, was there any truth to the fact the higher placed one would be in contention for the spot and the other would have to forfeit? Don't know if there was any truth in that
It won't hold any bearing because Ratcliffe will own us through a company called Trawlers Ltd. As opposed to INEOS that own Nice.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Gardening leave? Eh? Is this a well known term?
Yes. It’s a standard part of most employment contracts, but not so heard of in football so its term of the week at the minute.

The term originated in the British civil service where employees had the right to request special leave for exceptional purposes. "Gardening leave" became a euphemism for "suspended" as an employee who was formally suspended pending an investigation into their conduct would often request to be out of the office on special leave instead. The term came to widespread public attention in 1986 when it was used in the BBC sitcom “Yes, Prime Minister” episode "One of Us"
Here's the scene where "Gardening leave" is mentioned - it's towards the end, but worth watching the whole brilliant scene:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
£555M in 3 years then what do we get in return in performances?

Terrible

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£555M in 3 years then what do we get in return in performances?

Terrible
I’d be interested to know what the plan was for all that expenditure.

If we got into the UCL every season and reached the knockouts would that make it a financially viable ROI and mean we would still be able to spend well under FFP?

Were they always anticipating a number of fallow years to follow annd therefore expecting a settled squad?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Honestly all the more reason to sell a good amount this summer. Bruno and Rashford in particular should really be explored, very good chance this is the last opportunity to sell either for a very nice fee. Along with Greenwood, could see us getting 160-180m between the three which would help immensely with creating some breathing room in our budget.

clarkydaz

impressive you finally stop Ed Woodward burning the club's money for a decade, for his right hand man to continue doing exactly the same

GlasgowRedz

I was sure that I had read an analysis from The Swiss Ramble that suggested that FFP wasn't going to be as much of a problem next season, even with no Champions League football.

May not mean we can freely spend but I'm sure the conclusion was that we would not be severely hampered.

RedDevil@84

Ducker has a tendency to predict doomsday when it comes to us. He loves to shit on us about everything.

Rooney1987

I was sure that I had read an analysis from The Swiss Ramble that suggested that FFP wasn't going to be as much of a problem next season, even with no Champions League football.

May not mean we can freely spend but I'm sure the conclusion was that we would not be severely hampered.

RedDevilUnited369

Who cares if Murtough is still involved? He’ll do as instructed by the new CEO and Brailsford.

And regardless if ETH doesn’t get CL I hope he is involved and at least given next year to build around the young players he’s brought through, our best players. Neither him nor Murtough will be allowed to go for players not sanctioned by Berrada and Brailsford.

Ashworth will play an informal part regardless of gardeners leave. All it takes is a burner phone and a WhatsApp group. All messages set to auto delete within 24 hrs.

cyberman

I presume that means they will still have a controlling interest, they will however put a team in place that means Ratcliffe and INEOS can have silent ownership.
INEOS have nothing to do with us. Jim bought his shares with his own money with that new Trawler Ltd company or whatever he called it.
This is blatantly made up

Status
Not open for further replies.