Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Calling bullshit on this.

From what the Athletic have said, Joel is the only one who wants to keep United, all the others want out and think now is the time to sell.

They’ll have to hold the club for years, like another 10 years to get anymore out of the club. It doesn’t matter how much United win between now and then, the clubs value won’t increase unless the club can bring in more revenue, and the effort to do that isn’t worthy the return.
Well the others need to twist his arm behind back

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The thing I don't get it this:
From the parasites point of view, we are a glorified ATM. Each year they get something like $25m to go buy a new yacht or whatever.
If they were to sell, they would get - even at half the valuation - 2.5 BILLION. That's like what fleet of f*cking yachts do I want money.

They're disinterested parasites, surely they should just look to cash out?
Because they want more.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The only scenario I can see the Glazers being able to sell a minority stake is for Qatar/Saudi to step in, buy a 25% stake, with a written commitment from the Glazers that they'll but the rest in let's say 1-3 years time. That would give them time to sell PSG/Newcastle before making a move for a whole buyout.

clarkydaz

The only time we've heard from Joel is when he crawled out from a rock announcing the superleague, and having to zoom call the aftermath. Proper snake

AdNani

No football journalist is going to know anything about what's going on really, This isn't transfer news.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah, I don’t know what Joel and Avram will do, but if the idea is that the club could be worth 10bn if ETH makes us successful again and OT is renovated/rebuilt — it’s not a good business case.

Say it will take 3 years (probably too optimistic). The value increase is 4bn, from 6bn to 10bn. But the clowns have no money, they need at least a 1.5bn investment. So of the 4bn increase, they only get 2.5bn.

If you invest 6bn, getting 8.5bn back after 3 years is not a very good investment. It’s 10% per year. Today you can — easily — get 5% risk free return. I think you must do a pretty awful job to not get a 10% per annum return over 3 years if you invest money on a currently depressed market.

And investing in this club is definitely not risk free. If you only get 7.5bn in 3 years, the Glazers will have had a zero return on a 6bn investment over three years, that’s horrible.

With that said — are Avram and Joel reasonable investors? From what I can tell, they are classic clueless kids who are playing with a late dads money. So who the heck knows what they will do.
Someone needs to explain this investment thing to me, if a third party comes in and invests £1.5 billion, then surely they'd own 25 % of the club if it's valued at £6 billion, all of this money then needs to spent on the stadium/training ground, so in essence the Glazers don't get a penny of this. If the club over the next 3-5 years then becomes valued at £10 billion, of the this uplift the Glazers are only entltiled to 75 %, so will get £7.5 billion.

As you say if they just take £6 billion now then they'll get a potentially higher return, with zero risk involved.

I could be looking at things too basically though.

laughtersassassin

Just so you know new owners won't necessarily clear the debt.

If they wished and the lenders agreed they could agree to maintain the current payments.

Obviously that's worst case scenario and hopefully new owners would clear it but it's not guaranteed at all.

laughtersassassin

No it is not. United owe the money
Correct.

From a moral point of view it's the Glazers debt because this isn't debt Man Utd procured in the slightest.

It's just the Glazers personnel debt that they transferred into our name.

So legally it's ours but from an objective point of view its theirs.

red thru&thru

Debt isn't all bad. You get better tax rates depending on your debt.

However, it does depend on the amount of the debt.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Debt isn't all bad. You get better tax rates depending on your debt.

However, it dors depend on yhe amount of the debt.
Our level of debt is awful mate.

We have currently paid like 1 billion in debt repayments.

The initial debt was 500 million and we still have something like 500+ million in debt.

So we've paid it off twice over already and are still at roughly the same amount it started at. That's is absolutely absymal for a business.

Giggsy13

The initial debt was 500 million and we still have something like 500+ million in debt.

So we've paid it off twice over already and are still at roughly the same amount it started at. That's is absolutely absymal for a business.
Actually it’s more depressing than that, in reality the debt is roughly £1 billion when factoring in transfer fees still owed.

laughtersassassin

Actually it’s more depressing than that, in reality the debt is roughly £1 billion when factoring in transfer fees still owed.
I factor that debt in differently because to be fair that's actually our debt.

The other debt is all the Glazers

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Correct.

From a moral point of view it's the Glazers debt because this isn't debt Man Utd procured in the slightest.

It's just the Glazers personnel debt that they transferred into our name.

So legally it's ours but from an objective point of view its theirs.
Hence leveraged buy outs suck big time

red thru&thru

Oh yeah, 100% agree with you.

I just want fans to understand that some debt might just help thw club. For then not to have the notion that the whole debt will be cleared and nothing else will do.

But yeah, our current debt bestowed on us for them having the honour of owning us, is terrible.

MrPaxtons

Another new (?) picture of one of the vultures in Dubai, looks like he’s watching cricket….anyway can’t post the link as I’m too new :(

Status
Not open for further replies.