g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Cheers, they've owned PSG for 12 years. So it's not guaranteed they'd look to redevelop OT or Carrington right away if they buy United.
I think they have issues trying the buy the stadium from the local go or something. It's not for the lack of wanting to upgrade the facilities etc.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Pocket change for Norway.
The Norwegian government wouldn't dare, too many Liverpool fans over there, besides it would be no different to a private investment consortium, it's there to make money for the people of Norway so they can have the things that Brit's can only dream of

Todd

That last paragraph (apart from maybe anti LGBT) could easily be said for the 'greedy capitalist pigs' mentioned in relation with the sale of the club. For some reason that is accepted in the Western world and pretty much never comes under heavy scrutiny.
Capitalist greed absolutely comes under scrutiny in the US, it's just that the US has moved so far to the right that when we do scrutinize it we're berated as filthy communists.

And for all its problems, let's not pretend America treats women like second-class citizens like they are in the Middle Eastern countries we're talking about.

rotherham_red

I reckon if they want to this deal through with minimal fuss, there’ll be conversations had with the premier league and UEFA that they won’t push to join/back any ESL proposals.
UEFA won't be an issue. PSG and Al-Khelaifi essentially run UEFA since the ESL shat the bed

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Norwegian government wouldn't dare, too many Liverpool fans over there, besides it would be no different to a private investment consortium, it's there to make money for the people of Norway so they can have the things that Brit's can only dream of
Buying United would be the worst ROI in the funds history. For that reason alone they would never even entertain it.

Rolaholic

Cheers, they've owned PSG for 12 years. So it's not guaranteed they'd look to redevelop OT or Carrington right away if they buy United.
To be fair they've tried buying the Parc De Princes in view of modernizing and expanding it but the municipality of Paris rejected it after long negotiations.

They're trying to buy the Stade De France now.

Think they'd definitely look into investing in an improved Old Trafford or build a new one if they're our owners

Bwuk

A lot of rumours Ferdinand is going to be involved with the Qataris on this.

BarstoolProphet

Capitalist greed absolutely comes under scrutiny in the US, it's just that the US has moved so far to the right that when we do scrutinize it we're berated as filthy communists.

And for all its problems, let's not pretend America treats women like second-class citizens like they are in the Middle Eastern countries we're talking about.
I'm specifically talking about both Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase who throughout their history has done some remarkably shitty stuff. From funding slavery trades to defrauding smalltime investors, manipulating stock markets, funding/allowing ponzi schemes (most notably Madoff's) ending up in recessions and for good measure and homage to woman more recently being named as a probable contributor to Epstein's sexual operations. And the result when caught? Just fines and rinse repeat.

It's sort of accepted in the Western world that these behemoths on Wall Street can destroy normal peoples lives without being held accountable (fines mean feck all). And yet the morally pointy finger is on only one interested party here (which obviously is deserved).

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If you looked into how Jim plans to buy us you wouldn’t. With Qatar we will have ownership with a strong desire to win and we won’t be saddled with more debt repayments or people who want their money back (JP Morgan, Goldman).
Dude, stop pedalling myths and fake news. Ratcliffe isn’t going to saddle the club with debt. He simply doesn’t need to, nor would it be wise as an incoming owner to knock the fan base offside from the get go. The tweet clearly said he had gained funding via INEOS to pay off the Glazers debt. It would not impact the club negatively in the slightest, nor would it leverage anything against the club and future earnings.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Makes the most sense if they paid fergie and have him be their front man. That would kill off any pushback
It would be a huge mistake for Fergie to get involved, his legacy would be tarnished, maybe not so much with United fans but football fans in general, I think he learned his lesson with Glazer's so he'll keep schtum

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dude, stop pedalling myths and fake news. Ratcliffe isn’t going to saddle the club with debt. He simply doesn’t need to, nor would it be wise as an incoming owner to knock the fan base offside from the get go. The tweet clearly said he had gained funding via INEOS to pay off the Glazers debt. It would not impact the club negatively in the slightest, nor would it leverage anything against the club and future earnings.
If he's having to bank loan just to buy the club, how's he going to invest in the players we need, plus a new stadium, training ground etc etc.

Buying the club isn't really that important, it's what comes after. I'm not sure he has that kind of desire for the club.

We don't need another static owner.

BarstoolProphet

I doubt the government would have any say in such investment but it would be completely against how the fund operates. Small stakes with no interference in daily operations. Not such how much ROI has been on the investments in Dortmund and Juventus.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You’re absolutely insane if you think the clubs money in future won’t be used to pay money back.

sglowrider

It would be a huge mistake for Fergie to get involved, his legacy would be tarnished, maybe not so much with United fans but football fans in general, I think he learned his lesson with Glazer's so he'll keep schtum
Everyone has a price.

I am just sayin that it would make a lot of sense if the new owners roped him in.

Rolaholic

Football fans outside of the United fanbase don't give one toss about Fergie endorsing the Glazers when they took over :lol: :lol:

sglowrider

So what you want is a white knight sugar daddy then.

Abdullah7

Any news on your end?

Insider reports from the qatari media etc.
The Qataris are really confident and think they'll beat any counter offer including Sir Jim Ratcliffe. The bid will be submitted by Friday.

Thanks for your perspective Abdullah!

In my younger days I was working in the shipping industry and at that time we did a lot of business in the ME between 1990-2012 and I share that same experience as you regarding people/companies from that region. Most of the time we had our business meetings in Dubai and it’s easy to get impressed with what’s going on in Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi from an financial point of view. The amount of money that often is involved is hard to grasp but these economical resources often make them get very good results.
Exactly and Thank you for sharing an honest experience for everybody to see.

When we were first put up for sale my dream was Qatar to buy us. Can’t believe it’s actually happening

always assumed we would be stuck with Malcolm glazer and Qatar would go for Liverpool

Your dream will become a reality by Friday.

The Qataris are meticulous about what they invest in but results shall blow heads off.

They don't interfere with the manager and not so hands on with the dealings. This is how clubs are run domestically in the league and they try to encourage it to continue further to a world wide audience. In the beginning, they were hot headed with their decisions at PSG but with experience being gained they have learnt the right formula to portray it to Man United. It's not their first rodeo and that's important.

IMO, basically, it's the best thing that ever happened to Man United.

Last edited:

Castia

Can’t wait until this guy gets banned.

Every Journo out there including non sport sources are reporting Qatar interest and because he denied that story days ago he’s stuck in his stance the daft cnut

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can’t wait until this guy gets banned.

Every Journo out there including non sport sources are reporting Qatar interest and because he denied that story days ago he’s stuck in his stance that daft cnut
Well said.

Also look at his face. Sick of the sight of it.

JagUTD

If the Qataris win the race it comes down to hoping the Premier League find their backbone and refuse to allow it. But given the even worse Saudis were deemed acceptable that's more than unlikely.

If Musk is fronting it for the Saudis, then he and they would be the nightmare scenario just as the Qataris. Musk on his own would be better but also a journey into the unknown. Contrary to the myth he destroys everything he touches, he's occasionally done quite well for himself. You'd just have to hope we'd be one of those success stories.

Ratcliffe is still the most palatable option but also compared with others, is practically a pauper with his pathetic double figure billions.

Surely there are other options out there. What about that ridiculous Canadian Teachers Pension thing? They buy everything.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope that if anything, the fact that the gulf states are trying to embrace in western sports/culture themselves, it'll bring more spotlight on them more in the eyes of the world.

This will hopefully raise human treatment in terms of health/'personal' preferences. It's obvious mistakes have been made in the past, but lets hope that it can help bridge the gap and make progression much faster.

NK86

Well he is consistently recorded by those who deal with this kind of thing as being the richest or second most richest individual in the world, he doesn't necessarily need outside help, in some cases he doesn't want to take all the risk presumably

Personally I wouldn't want him within a million miles of the club but he's also the likeliest person (along with Bezos) who could be the equivalent of a sugar daddy like Roman
Musk and a sugar daddy? You're kidding me, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.