Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

I'm going to hazard a guess that the age range of people voting on that are 13-25 years old and think the Qataris owning United = United buying Mbappe.

Nowhere does it mention ten Hag has the confidence of the Qataris, just that he'll be financially backed, buzzwords fans will lap up during a takeover.

They won't think twice of dropping him as manager when we get ourselves in a rut as they'll have their own guy they'd like to bring in, waiting in the wings. They want to be seen as the best and the club winning everything, as soon as that doesn't happen, ten Hag will get the boot.
Yeah, anyone who doesn't go along with your views are 13-25 year olds who only salivate about transfers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

45k votes
62% Qatar
We asked our contestants whether they would rather:

A. Receive a blowjob from their mother.
B. Jerk off their father
C. Get fecked in the arse by their brother
D. Comment other

62% said receive a blowjob from their mother

Sly1

This is definitely relevant but you just know when it comes to us, we'll be measured by a different standard. Comes with the territory of being an actual big club.
From the SkySports website:

Amnesty International on Qatar Man Utd bid: A wake-up call for PL

An imminent Qatari bid for Manchester United should be a "wake-up call" to the Premier League to strengthen its ownership rules, Amnesty International has warned.

"Coming in the wake of the World Cup and strenuous efforts from the Qatari government to fashion a glitzy new image for the country, it seems highly likely that any Qatari bid for Manchester United would be a continuation of this state-backed sportswashing project," Peter Frankental, Amnesty UK's economic affairs director, told the PA news agency.

"We saw only limited reforms on migrant workers' rights in Qatar in the lead-up to the World Cup, and there's been no movement whatsoever in ending the disgraceful criminalisation of LGBTQ+ people or institutional discrimination against women.

"It's been nearly 18 months since the hugely controversial Saudi takeover of Newcastle United and a Qatari bid for Manchester United would be yet another wake-up call to the Premier League over the need to reform its ownership rules.

"We're not necessarily opposed to the involvement of state-linked overseas financial consortia in English football, but the Premier League must urgently strengthen ownership rules to ensure they're human rights-compliant and not an opportunity for more sportswashing."
This rubbish will never stop me from supporting Man Utd. And never will it prevent any ME country from taking over our dear club.

If you know you can't cope,just fvck off.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Sadly the western media just spin spin spin and people lap it up.

I wonder how many have actually been to the ME and lived there for a period of time.

No country or regime is perfect. But a lot of people clearly have an agenda.
So if i live in Qatar there will be no anti-lgbt laws and migrant workers won't be treated like slaves?

Coops73

A. Finger their Mum
B. Jerk off their Dad
D. Comment other

62% said finger their mother
Very Freudian

Fahad Jawaid

I don't know about you guys but I would be shitting myself if Qatari investors would be closer to buy Liverpool. I am soo happy it's us.

Firstly you have to realize several things their views regarding homosexuality is stemmed from how it's prohibited in Islam, that's why in all Muslim countries bar one or two it's taken very offensively.

Whereas for the right of women, it's backward but women over there atleast 90 percent of them wants to live that way, that is what I know from my friends and colleagues and discussion from my visits in Qatar, that they want to be dependent of their male guardians and spend their immense wealth.

The west agenda picks out 5 Qatari women who studied from England or USA and came back to Qatar and get their views and obviously their views are different but overall it's not the same. Labour laws are poor and should be improved.

I am living in UAE right now, they and Saudis hate Qatar, so if they had bought Liverpool, it would become a dick swinging contest to ensure one of them gets on top. We would be left soo far behind with current ownership.

Firstly they would never make unpopular decisions like make drastic changes or sack Ten hag etc. They will infact be the most reasonable among all other owners, they will install competent people, they will get them even if by paying over the top wages to entice them.

Whereas I believe with Radcliffe or Musk they will think too highly of themselves and try to get involve ala Boehly and make the life insufferable for manager.

Plus they will invest heavily and not back out or demand any return from their investment and will not stop unless we get to the top of echelon and that's what we strive to achieve don't we?

Or maybe the moral brigade would be happy being in the shadows of Liverpool, City, Newcastle and Arsenal and be happy in the Europa League.

Abdullah7

I'm going to hazard a guess that the age range of people voting on that are 13-25 years old and think the Qataris owning United = United buying Mbappe.

Nowhere does it mention ten Hag has the confidence of the Qataris, just that he'll be financially backed, buzzwords fans will lap up during a takeover.

They won't think twice of dropping him as manager when we get ourselves in a rut as they'll have their own guy they'd like to bring in, waiting in the wings. They want to be seen as the best and the club winning everything, as soon as that doesn't happen, ten Hag will get the boot.
You're having that assumption because of what happened at PSG but you forgot one important factor. The fans, we have a vast sum of them whom will dictate and influence the outcome of anyone be it a player or a manager. It happened before and will happen again. You cant compare PSG's small and plastic fanbase to ours. We'll stand by ten hag no matter what and I guarantee you that the Qataris will respecte it is they're a sensible people.

mu4c_20le

Firstly they would never make unpopular decisions like make drastic changes or sack Ten hag etc. They will infact be the most reasonable among all other owners, they will install competent people, they will get them even if by paying over the top wages to entice them.
Their style in running PSG speaks otherwise

Fahad Jawaid

So if i live in Qatar there will be no anti-lgbt laws and migrant workers won't be treated like slaves?
Their will be anti LGBT laws because it's prohibited in the religion and they are just following the religion, it's the same as Hindu people finding Cow as sacred, whereas you will be feasting on kebabs and beef steak.

Would not you respecting their religion and their beliefs if you are in India?

Fahad Jawaid

Well their running style has resulted in PSG becoming a well renowned club with arguably the top 3 players including a GOAT and potential best player in the world playing for them.

They are regularly in the semis of Champions League and were unlucky several times. If you are going to critisice them for not winning the champions League, I would argue It's the same as SAF with Utd, you need a lot of luck to win the champions league.

stw2022

Their will be anti LGBT laws because it's prohibited in the religion and they are just following the religion, it's the same as Hindu people finding Cow as sacred, whereas you will be feasting on kebabs and beef steak.

If someone's religion permits them to rape their wife your presumed respect for that isn't one I'd share

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Well their running style has resulted in PSG becoming a well renowned club with arguably the top 3 players including a GOAT and potential best player in the world playing for them.

They are regularly in the semis of Champions League and were unlucky several times. If you are going to critisice them for not winning the champions League, I would argue It's the same as SAF with Utd, you need a lot of luck to win the champions league.
That’s a hell of an argument. Pick the guy who won the Champions League twice.

ROFLUTION

Sorry, respecting people who dont respect homosexuals is not my thing.

And jesus (no religious pun intended), the descent of this thread the last couple of posts. Suddenly there are no migrant worker problem and anti-lgbt laws are quite alright because it’s only religion.
Let the mindbending begin. Soon we’ll all defend and excuse the shit doings of our Qatari overlords.

stw2022

Sorry, respecting people who dont respect homosexuals is not my thing.

And jesus (no religious pun intended), the descent of this thread the last couple of posts. Suddenly there are no migrant worker problem and anti-lgbt laws are quite alright because it’s only religion.
Let the mindbending begin. S
oon we’ll all defend and excuse the shit doings of our Qatari overlords.
You have to imagine that these people would have been defending apartheid South Africa from the criticism if this were 40 years ago.

So what if they treat black people appallingly? It's their country, respect it.

Shows how blinked some are when it comes to their football team. Literally nothing they won't defend. If Gary Glitter made a bid they'd be arguing that what right do we have to decide our age of consent laws are the right ones.

"Respect"

AndySmith1990

Thank feck for the tweets only thread. It really does get quite depressing coming onto a football forum and reading discussions relating to rape, murder, racism, homophobia etc.

Abdullah7

PSG were like Man City 2009. Small time club with no direction where they could tear it up multiple times until it can work.It can't be compered to what's going on at Man United where the manager have established a working formula and just needs the support in the market. From the news we heared they are excited to work with ETH and will creat an environment where he'll thrive eventually. This move to buy United at the best possible time it's surreal and can be the catalyst to a greater things.

DevilRed

A. Receive a blowjob from their mother.
B. Jerk off their father
D. Comment other

62% said receive a blowjob from their mother
A does make the most sense though, if you’re a heterosexual male.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Just absolutely insane.
Sure they might treat human beings as second class citizens but India doesn’t eat cows!

Bert_

If he's having to bank loan just to buy the club, how's he going to invest in the players we need, plus a new stadium, training ground etc etc.

Buying the club isn't really that important, it's what comes after. I'm not sure he has that kind of desire for the club.

We don't need another static owner.
So many people seem to have missed the news about City getting done for breaching FFP. A new owner isn't going to splurge any more money on players than anyone else buying the club outright. We don't need a fecking cheat code.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
A does make the most sense though, if you’re a heterosexual male.
Good for you being honest mate. Personally I’d have gone for D and said something like “A blowjob from Margot Robbie” but each to their own.

stw2022

It's one thing accepting little influence we each have over who owns us. It's another to dismiss human rights abuses as something we now need to "respect" because other countries decide to engage in them.

It's possible to be resigned to the fact that capitalism is bad and we can't help who owns us and not make yourself look like a shitty human being at the same time.

ROFLUTION

Another aspect of getting qatari owners is that it will divide our fanbase. The great part of being a United fan - to me at least - is that you’re part of a common fanbase with one religion that is United. I would probably hate to be standing cheering United with say 50% of people next to me who’d be willing to defend Qatar’s human rights record.

I’d hate to see a divided fanbase. I know Redcafe can be over the top but bringing politics into the picture will bring a whole new dimension

DevilRed

PSG were like Man City 2009. Small time club with no direction where they could tear it up multiple times until it can work.It can't be compered to what's going on at Man United where the manager have established a working formula and just needs the support in the market. From the news we heared they are excited to work with ETH and will creat an environment where he'll thrive eventually. This move to buy United at the best possible time it's surreal and can be the catalyst to a greater things.
It’s a once in a lifetime chance to own one of the biggest sports franchise in the world. Not to mention a highly profitable organization that really can sustain itself if freed from debt repayments. The cash flow generated alone is among the most in the world of sports, with obvious room for growth in the future.

The infrastructure will need investment, but you would imagine it would bring a healthy ROI, especially if they can pull off building a new stadium.

It’s as “Risk free” of an investment as you can get in the world of sports.

fallengt

45k votes
62% Qatar
I wanted to say something but then I realized no saint person would want to spend 6bil on a football club. It's just a case of pick your poison. There's no lesser of two devils here, the answer depends on where people come from.

Real Name

Is there a verse in Quran about anti LGBT laws?

ROFLUTION

I wanted to say something but then I realized no saint person would want to spend 6bil on a football club. It's just a case of pick your poison. There's no lesser of two devils here, it's subjective and the answer depend on where people come from.
Rumours of Joel and Avram still want to be part of the shareholders, so get your hopes up - you could get Glazer poison mixed with Qatari poison. Best of both worlds

DevilRed

Rumours of Joel and Avram still want to be part of the shareholders, so get your hopes up - you could get Glazer poison mixed with Qatari poison. Best of both worlds
It’s only the clueless espn cnuts who are “reporting” this. It’s more of an opinion. The real story is that nobody is sure about the Glazers intentions, but all facts point to a full sale being the most probable.

It could also be the Glazers sending a message to bidders that they will only accept a higher than premium bid for a full sale.

Bert_

45k votes
62% Qatar
Mark goldbridge and his fanboys are a bunch of cnuts so that poll doesn't surprise me one bit. I bet a large portion of those votes are driven by pricks wanting better squad rating on FIFA and thinking doing a City is the fastest and easiest way to do it.

mu4c_20le

I was thinking of the Tuchel incident where a disagreement led to a clash and then dismissal. He was their best chance at a CL, they then wasted 2+ years with Poch. Imagine a scenario where ETH says inadvertently something supportive of LGBT+ groups in the context of their homophobic laws, and I can see tensions, especially if he isn't their guy to begin with.

Abdullah7

I am living in UAE right now, they and Saudis hate Qatar, so if they had bought Liverpool, it would become a dick swinging contest to ensure one of them gets on top. We would be left soo far behind with current ownership.
That's something from the past. Now we are good together and we cooperate all the time and have shown that through the last WC. Where Tamim was supporting the Saudis himself.

Last edited:

Real Name

There is a bit about owning slaves in the bible, which is why the slave trade is defended so often here. Respecting someone's religion, etc.
Yeah, I guess we should interpret the Bible by the letter and live by it just like 500, 600 years ago.

Godfather

Just read that Winterburn tweet... Qataris bid not being "great for football". Yeah God beware we become competitive again right? The hypocrisy when the Qataris buy us will be unbearable. Its not like the competition in football and especially the PL hasn't been fecked for a long time already.

DevilRed

Another aspect of getting qatari owners is that it will divide our fanbase. The great part of being a United fan - to me at least - is that you’re part of a common fanbase with one religion that is United. I would probably hate to be standing cheering United with say 50% of people next to me who’d be willing to defend Qatar’s human rights record.

I’d hate to see a divided fanbase. I know Redcafe can be over the top but bringing politics into the picture will bring a whole new dimension
Reminds me of when the glazers took over. Our fan base was divided then. So much so that FC United was created and some swore to never support our club again.

Real Name

Just read that Winterburn tweet... Qataris bid not being "great for football". Yeah God beware we become competitive again right? The hypocrisy when the Qataris buy us will be unbearable. Its not like the competition in football and especially the PL hasn't been fecked for a long time already.
Yet when UAE bought City it was great for football I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.