Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
All of you showed your true colors when Jaap Stam was sold. None of you have any rights to express your opinions on potential new owners.

Real Name

I don't think they will, but who knows. And yes I agree that last few pages, people are actively trying to entice you to say things and prove you wrong just to suit their tunnel vision.
It was nice to talk to you. :)
And that poster needs repeating what you wrote and meant it seems so I've done it too.

I'll now remove myself from this crazy thread.

Erik the Red

Eh?? I think you should re-read that and practice what you preach
It was said tongue in cheek. I was demonstrating that you cannot brand all Americans together in the same way you cannot brand all Arabs together. I'm sorry the British irony was lost on you.

Ten Lasso

I follow my religion which is against homosexuality, but I am not against homosexuals. I believe people can do whatever they want and like. I will hang out with those people be friends with them. Eventually if there are wrong they will judged by God itself on the day of judgement.
Imagine being judged by something that's killed 40,000 innocent people in Syria and Turkey because you fancy the same sex.

Last edited:

Fahad Jawaid

Where? Honestly what are you seeing here?
Somebody has to be blind to not see what I said. I said religion forbids me from homosexuality, so I refrain from it, but I am not against any homosexuals.

It was nice to talk to you. :)
And that poster needs repeating what you wrote and meant it seems so I've done it too.

I'll now remove myself from this crazy thread.
Likewise have a good day

M4YON

Qatar buying United doesn't mean United suddenly takes on all of Qatar's regressive social values.
The most sane and logical post I've read in 20+ pages, thank you.

You're correct it doesn't nor does it mean we represent those values either in my opinion.

I understand that some will feel it does but they're never grown up or level headed enough to talk about it like adults and without taking the thread so far off topic you wonder what site you've visited.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Somebody has to be blind to not see what I said. I said religion forbids me from homosexuality, so I refrain from it, but I am not against any homosexuals.
May they live k

Likewise have a good day
That isn’t what you said.
I might have misconstrued it - fair enough. Not worth me going intk it any more as I’ll just get frustrated.

Let’s hope as United we are a fanbase that is dedicated to tolerance and accepting of everyone,

Andy_Cole

Can anyone spot the Islamophobic in this thread...

Are the moderators taking a day off from this thread? because it has gone WAY off track and WAY overboard too.
Haha. You’ll get pulled up on this post by the mods yourself. They’re very touchy on this even if it is so obvious!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yup. Unfortunately in today's world being accused as gay when you are not is an insult and most straight men would take offense. It's an attack on your manhood. As homophobic as this sentence sounds, it's the way it is. I also would take offense.
Haha. You’ll get pulled up on this post by the mods yourself. They’re very touchy on this even if it is so obvious!

Scholesgoals

Are the moderators taking a day off from this thread? because it has gone WAY off track and WAY overboard too.
I think I want to make it clear I'm separating the state from it's people. I don't have any qatari friends myself but lots of Iranian and Pakistani friends, and they're all great. In much the same way that my English friends are great. England as a nation have been and are responsible for some awful shit but I don't blame my friends for that (unless voting for etc not going into the politics) it's much the same for qatar no doubt, but in this instance we are being bought by the state.

I'm not Islamophobic by any means, but I am against laws which prohibit the freedoms that I believe to be essential human rights. You could argue I'm a militant atheist.

When a state purchases a football club you have to ask why they are doing it. Can anyone tell me why Qatar are interested in purchasing United?

redcucumber

Why?!

They're literally sitting on tons of gold!

And all the new Brazilian and Mexican fans we would acquire!
And the Polish!
I don't want to be owned and controlled by some sovereign state that has weird religion and an extremely dodgy history. Gold Trafford and Mbappe just isn't cutting it for me, soz.

Fahad Jawaid

I might have misconstrued it - fair enough. Not worth me going intk it any more as I’ll just get frustrated.

Let’s hope as United we are a fanbase that is dedicated to tolerance and accepting of everyone,
Yeah the Qatari owners (if they succeed with the bid) will be under alot of pressure, so I am sure they will not make any unpopular decisions.

redcucumber

No? Why don't you actually help them out and quote it rather than vaguely imply discrimination is taking place?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The co-running of United and PSG will be quite dodgy and I know it had been issue in the past when two teams owned by the same group were in CL but I guess UEFA won't care this time as they owe too much to Qataris to question their integrity now. It certainly will be awkward and we will probably see many deals between the two clubs in the future, at some point Qataris will also have to prioritize one of their investments and I can't help feeling we will get the upper hand here due to our international brand and the sheer fact that we compete in a much stronger and popular league.

Seems the only other possibility is Ratcliffe, with all other rumored candidates being thrown there rather randomly. Musk would be the ultimate tragedy and we may as well close the club if he's anywhere near takeover bid. Can't think of any worse possibility for United than that moron.

stevoc

We need a separate thread to list down the folks here who are declaring that they are done with United if the Qataris or Saudis take over United.

Let them be bold enough to declare their intentions now. Otherwise, it would just sound like some teenage rant.

We really don't but seeing as you seem so interested in it you should create one mate, then go back and read over every thread on potential gulf state ownership and compile a list of everyone.

I'm sure that would be a really productive use of your time.

HarryP

And when they try to buy United this point will be relevant
But they're the ones that ultimately oversee the Premier League and the club. They are more powerful than the direct owners (ask Abramovich).

Where's the uproar?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yeah the Qatari owners (if they succeed with the bid) will be under alot of pressure, so I am sure they will not make any unpopular decisions.
They would publicly run United very well whilst having an army of English fans justifying their every decision even if it goes against the belief in acceptance and tolerance.

DickDastardly

I don't want to be owned and controlled by some sovereign state that has weird religion and an extremely dodgy history. Gold Trafford and Mbappe just isn't cutting it for me, soz.
Has a nice ring to it.

"Gold Trafford" Love it!

Maybe we can have Johann van der Smut to buy us!
He'd love Erik, they're both Dutch!

Scholesgoals

I don't think you did. I respect yer man here for saying that he's happy for the gays to be gay on their own time, but he also said that he thinks it's against his religion and they'll be judged accordingly at the given time. This isn't sarcastic I am genuinely pleased, but the law in Qatar isn't as gracious as this. They'll judge you now and put you in prison. This is a massive distinction between live and let live!

Marcelinho87

I’m just saying, you can be as open as you like, but if you told a gay person “i don’t personally mind, but when you die my god is going to judge you very harshly” .. well, i don’t think you’d have that person as a friend, to put it lightly.
Try this theoretically-ok, practically-laughable approach on an actual gay person. Let us know how it goes.
Twisting words now.

He said IF they are wrong they will be judged accordingly same as IF they are not... He can't answer the question factually as nobody knows.

If God/Allah/whomever does exist then only at that point will people know their sins etc.

Until then do as you can do to be better or what you believe to be better.

Chris-Red

Hi guys, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere... Can someone point me in the direction of the thread discussing the takeover?

Bert_

But they're the ones that ultimately oversee the Premier League and the club. They are more powerful than the direct owners (ask Abramovich).

Where's the uproar?
You must love a bit a yoga. Just don't stretch any further or you'll do some damage to yourself!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Twisting words now.

He said IF they are wrong they will be judged accordingly same as IF they are not... He can't answer the question factually as nobody knows.

If God/Allah/whomever does exist then only at that point will people know their sins etc.

Until then do as you can do to be better or what you believe to be better.
But… in that post he admitted he believed in Allah. So he does believe they’ll be punished.

I tried to send a DM to the guy apologising if I’ve been overly harsh. I admire his faith but just don’t agree with how that post was phrased.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Leaving aside everything else, I'd hope we we wouldn't actually be run like PSG have been with the insane deals for Neymar and Mbappe as well as the stink of player power that constantly hangs over the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.