Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

This thread has everything. Racists, ones for who "United will cease to exist" if Qataris take over, some who think Qataris will enforce their laws at OT so no gays will be allowed entry and they will have to abide the sharia law if they want to keep supporting United. Then we have extreme leftists, some that Qataris buying the club will be a dream come true and finally a group that seems to be level headed and can see both sides. This thread has potential to be the worst in RedCafe's history especially if Saudis enter the race.
:lol:

M4YON

So the Qataris and the Glazers are £1.5bn apart in their valuations! That's a rather large gap.
Doubt the Glazers will accept 4.5 if they asking for 6...
I think its a case of the Glazers asking for more than they actually want knowing that the potential bidders will lowball them followed by some negotiating and getting roughly 5 Billion. Its like selling a car you start high knowing you'll get knocked down in price.

Infra-red

Doubt the Glazers will accept 4.5 if they asking for 6...
Indeed. I have a funny feeling that Glazer greed is about to throw a very large spanner in the works for a few of the more giddy United supporters. Regardless of what people here have said about their limitless money, Qatar will not want to overpay or be ripped off - they are not stupid people and this is not their first rodeo.

Infra-red

I think its a case of the Glazers asking for more than they actually want knowing that the potential bidders will lowball them followed by some negotiating and getting roughly 5 Billion. Its like selling a car you start high knowing you'll get knocked down in price.
There will be an element of negotiation, of course, and probably a fair amount of public disinformation to that effect. I don't know though, I think these Glazers might fancy walking away with a billion a piece (and there are six of them).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one is going to offer £6bn. It's a matter of if the Glazers will say "nah we'll hold off" or if they'll just cave to the levels that is being offered by the various bidders. I'd assume Ratcliff's bid won't be far off Qatar's. These guys are probably all offering virtually the same amount.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So the Qataris and the Glazers are £1.5bn apart in their valuations! That's a rather large gap.
If I understand the process correctly the people who submit a bid now will be narrowed down to a smaller group of preferred bidders, with a further process from there seeing those preferred bidders receiving more detailed information about the club's operations. I would guess the expectation is that all those preferred bidders will increase their offer at that point.

Basically the bids now just need to get them into that next round of discussions and 4.5billion would probably do that?

Infra-red

No one is going to offer £6bn. It's a matter of if the Glazers will say "nah we'll hold off" or if they'll just cave to the levels that is being offered by the various bidders. I'd assume Ratcliff's bid won't be far off Qatar's. These guys are probably all offering virtually the same amount.
The reports all seem to suggest the bids will fall somewhere in the £4-4.5bn range. If true, the game is potentially open to a US or Saudi investor to come in with something slightly larger - ultimately, the Glazers will accept the biggest bid - they could not care less who has the 'best' bid for United.

M4YON

There will be an element of negotiation, of course, and probably a fair amount of public disinformation to that effect. I don't know though, I think these Glazers might fancy walking away with a billion a piece (and there are six of them).
Maybe but if they really want to sell the club, asking for over market value will only leave them without any viable bidders. Guess we will find out soon enough.

DickDastardly

Isn't he worth like 276 bn?

What's 6bn for him?
Pocket change.

Infra-red

If I understand the process correctly the people who submit a bid now will be narrowed down to a smaller group of preferred bidders, with a further process from there seeing those preferred bidders receiving more detailed information about the club's operations. I would guess the expectation is that all those preferred bidders will increase their offer at that point.

Basically the bids now just need to get them into that next round of discussions and 4.5billion would probably do that?
This is indeed just round one - Raine will then speak to the Glazers (and do a little bit of due diligence regarding source of funds from the bidders). It's difficult to know what a qualifying bid might be without having a clear idea of how many bidders there actually are - sounds like they could be at least two Saudi groups? Who knows how many US consortia might be interested - initial reports had suggested that those who missed out on Chelsea had rolled their interested over to United (Chelsea had more than 15 bidding groups).

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Indeed. I have a funny feeling that Glazer greed is about to throw a very large spanner in the works for a few of the more giddy United supporters. Regardless of what people here have said about their limitless money, Qatar will not want to overpay or be ripped off - they are not stupid people and this is not their first rodeo.
I can understand a bit of haggle space. However the nightmare scenario would be if the Glazers got delusionally greedy and ended up putting off Qatar and other serious contenders , forcing them to go down the road to Liverpool.

Abdullah7

So women of SA are happy cause your sisters are happy?
Missing the whole point of my example as gulf country's women can be whatever they want to be. We don't discriminate against them. For instance. We have women playing football in Saudi for crying out loud.

I live here and I know what I'm talking about.

Infra-red

Maybe but if they really want to sell the club, asking for over market value will only leave them without any viable bidders. Guess we will find out soon enough.
Indeed. I'm hoping that once it gets down to the final three/four preferred bidders, we might start to get a bit of information about the various bidders' plans for the club, if they succeed. Old Trafford, Carrington, the youth team, women's team and fan engagement.

Real Name

Missing the whole point of my example as gulf country's women can be whatever they want to be. We don't discriminate against them. For instance. We have women playing football in Saudi for crying out loud.

I live here and I know what I'm talking about.
If you say so. Would be interesting to know what do you consider as discrimination.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is indeed just round one - Raine will then speak to the Glazers (and do a little bit of due diligence regarding source of funds from the bidders). It's difficult to know what a qualifying bid might be without having a clear idea of how many bidders there actually are - sounds like they could be at least two Saudi groups? Who knows how many US consortia might be interested - initial reports had suggested that those who missed out on Chelsea had rolled their interested over to United (Chelsea had more than 15 bidding groups).
One would think that Raine would probably be inclined to move a Qatari bid into the second round regardless, as that would presumably be one of the bids with the most scope to either increase or drive increases from others. In terms of driving the price up keeping that nation-state dynamic is helpful, particularly if there are bids backed by more than one state.

Real Name

If Qatar takeover does happen at least I hope we wont see stuff like this although it wouldn't at all surprise me.

JohnnyKills

We have no clue what they are really asking for once it comes to the negotiations. I’d bet that 5 or 5.5 gets it done.
The Qataris will be desperate for this. Their overriding goal is to emerge from the Saudi shadow and this is their big chance. The first mega-club to come up for sale.

My feeling is they'll eventually pay whatever it takes. The Glazers' dream scenario is a Qatar-Saudi bidding war.

Abdullah7

Sadly the western media just spin spin spin and people lap it up.

I wonder how many have actually been to the ME and lived there for a period of time.

No country or regime is perfect. But a lot of people clearly have an agenda.
Thank you for your honesty. We host the WC to break boundaries but yet there are people who wants to wipe us from the world. it's the same story over and over again. Visit the ME and mingle with the people and truly form your opinion. Not just by reading an article or a column you judge the whole nation and accuse them of being backwards and can't come to the modern world like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.