Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Truly don't give a feck who the owners are as long as they run the club well. Every billionaire is directly responsible for, or indirectly allows, violence and terrible things to happen.

I don't want us to abandon our philosophy of youth and play style and start buying every top player plastic-club style however. There's a happy balance.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Sounds like City owners have Manchester in a similar position to Dublin. Great for tourists, shite to live.
It has done me a massive favour. I have massively benefited from this financially and the area I live is better. I have lucked out. Plenty of people have not. That’s not something I am happy with, it is really sad.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I recently went to a group meetings for expectant families. There were ten couples. One of the lads had been in Ancoats for three generations. He had effectively been forced out by rising rents and his flats are now used for foreign investors as second homes. It’s shit.
Oh Christ I remember them. A load of blokes wishing they could be anywhere else on earth while being laughed at for making a bollix of changing a nappy on a doll.

Spoony

The People's President
It has done me a massive favour. I have massively benefited from this financially and the area I live is better. I have lucked out. Plenty of people have not. That’s not something I am happy with, it is really sad.
Do where have these families been forced to move to?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What's the identity that United would be selling here?
English club, English owner, some degree of connection to the club (owner is a fan etc), and has the financial wherewithal to move the club forwards both on transfers and infrastructure development.

Spoony

The People's President
Maybe I should have phrased that better. Not shite to live but shite to start living i.e. get a first home to live in.
Dublin is far more expensive. A mate of mine has been renting a box room in Dublin for 600 euros. As for property prices it's becoming expensive everywhere hence the need for affordable housing.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Dublin is far more expensive. A mate of mine has been renting a box room in Dublin for 600 euros. As for property prices it's becoming expensive everywhere hence the need for affordable housing.
But… the direct reason there’s no affordable housing is City’s owners that have got a load of land in Manchester for cheap and then not paid any tax on massive profits.

BarstoolProphet

Some really harsh criticism there. Has there not been any upside to this at all? Not unusual that these types of deals is a tax haven for the investors, easiest way to entice them to invest heavily. I bet it usually never really works out as intended. As for the criticism of UAE, they have made massive progress though, especially on official stance on workers rights. But expecting democracy is decades ahead at earliest.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Some really harsh criticism there. Has there not been any upside to this at all? Not unusual that these types of deals is a tax haven for the investors, easiest way to entice them to invest heavily. I bet it usually never really works out as intended. As for the criticism of UAE, they have made massive progress though, especially on official stance on workers rights. But expecting democracy is decades ahead at earliest.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/media/34821/download?attachment

Read the report and decide for yourself.

The fact that there has been NO EVIDENCE of money raised for the council after they sold public land for demonstrably cheaper than similar areas is pretty damning.

JohnnyKills

One of the worse hot takes I've read this month.

Has a sprinkle of Qanon about it.

Seeing some man daft posts like Hag be on his way out whoever buys us. Reads and sounds like they are secretly hoping it.
What the feck's wrong with you?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/media/34821/download?attachment

Read the report and decide for yourself.

The fact that there has been NO EVIDENCE of money raised for the council after they sold public land for demonstrably cheaper than similar areas is pretty damning.
I think that's more reason to be angry at the greedy council members pocketing the money, rather than foreign investors.

Anybody would do the same if they could get a similar deal. The locals are the ones screwing each other.

BarstoolProphet

Yikes. Reads like Wall Street bulls negotiating with Average Joe to land the latter a 'favorable' deal. I've seen such deals many times before on a various scale, all ends up the same. What really strikes me is how little criticism ADUG ownership has had, it's like it's been permanently embargoed. Yet now it's hunting season on United's soul and whatnot.

TsuWave

English club, English owner, some degree of connection to the club (owner is a fan etc), and has the financial wherewithal to move the club forwards both on transfers and infrastructure development.
I mean no hostility, I’m just confused.

United would stop being an English club? United has English owners? Aren’t/isn’t one of the suitors at the core of this buy attempt reportedly a lifelong United fan? And isn’t their financial muscle making all this possible to start with?

Tiber

Have to admit, going from the Glazers leeching the life out of the club to having an owner who invests in not only the club and stadium but the city around the club is awfully tempting

Status
Not open for further replies.