Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I mean no hostility, I’m just confused.

United would stop being an English club? United has English owners? Aren’t/isn’t one of the suitors at the core of this buy attempt reportedly a lifelong United fan? And isn’t their financial muscle making all this possible to start with?
Obviously it would, but its identity would be gradually eroded through foreign ownership, especially that of a nation state seeking to use United to expand the brand of the state, and all the baggage that comes with it. This is why imo, it has to be owned by a private non-state entity with some degree of connection to the club, either by nationality or being a fan.

Giggsyking

Its not possible right. Several posters who are against the Qatar sale have morality as the number one reason. Of course there are a few posters who just don't want Qataris or anyone from middle east.
Yeah, I am not interested in their moral lessons, I just want to come here and read about the process and the news about the club sale. As I said, there is another thread
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wou...backed-ownership.474122/page-24#post-30141575
This is more specific about state ownership, maybe there they can talk more about that subject.

red thru&thru

I have zero evidence but the regulation was leaked in the Tory Sun, it contained far stricter fit and proper ownership rules and then the day it was meant to be announced it got pulled…seemed truly bizarre.
No of course, I'm not questioning your theory on this. But are you suggesting that the government want this deal to go through, and then stricter rules come in?

kaku06

I’m convinced if Qataris buy us, psg would become their second rate project. In that case, not sure about Mbappe but Hakimi please.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yikes. Reads like Wall Street bulls negotiating with Average Joe to land the latter a 'favorable' deal. I've seen such deals many times before on a various scale, all ends up the same. What really strikes me is how little criticism ADUG ownership has had, it's like it's been permanently embargoed. Yet now it's hunting season on United's soul and whatnot.
Said as much earlier, it's all good until a really big club that actually means something is maybe about to go down this road it seems.

Wonder if they'll carry this narrative on for City and Newcastle if the Qatar bid fails.

Last edited:

UDontMessWith24

Speaking of human rights violations, did we make sure to evacuate Afghan and Iraqi LGBTQ before we bombed and droned the living daylights out of their cities indiscriminately?

RedDevil@84

Speaking of human rights violations, did we make sure to evacuate Afghan and Iraqi LGBTQ before we bombed and droned the living daylights out of their cities indiscriminately?
Whataboutism accusation coming up in 3...2...1

On a different note, the thread was to reopened to discuss on the sale and not take digs on other posters.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's important you stay on the exact topic of the exact post that is being discussed in the exact grammar and nothing at all that relates to the posts in even the slightest or you will be slapped with the hottest buzzword for the last year on this forum and it starts with a stone cold "WHAT" and ends with a power bombing "ABOUTISM"

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No of course, I'm not questioning your theory on this. But are you suggesting that the government want this deal to go through, and then stricter rules come in?
I’m suggesting the Tory party have a history of taking lots of donations from abroad and Qatar have a history of giving them to the right people to get what they want. I also think the government would definitely be in favour of Qatari investment.

CallyRed

We'll just be swapping players with PSG.
Mbappe, Hakimi, Nunes. They can have McT, Martial and VdB

cyberman

Why? The Red Bull teams do business. The Pozzo teams. City Group etc.
Then we become no worse than City or Chelsea by who the player is and where we sign him from.
I’m not saying Ten Hag would turn down Mbappe but if he wants to play off the left when we have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho then I’m fearing for the managers future

Judas

Open to offers
Can we focus on the football side of things for a bit, I want this thread to remain open as its very useful, when its not being used as a shit throwing competition, that is.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Can we focus on the football side of things for a bit, I want this thread to remain open as its very useful, when its not being used as a shit throwing competition, that is.
Can anyone argue we won't be a powerhouse in football with Qatari money? I mean from a football perspective is it even a debate?

RedDevil@84

I don't think there has been any further news, but a bunch of journos writing paragraphs. So there is nothing much to discuss from yesterday.

UDontMessWith24

Can anyone argue we won't be a powerhouse in football with Qatari money? I mean from a football perspective is it even a debate?
If the Glazers were simply your run of the mill functional owners we’d be a powerhouse without it, but the City/Chelsea false equivalency will persist

UDontMessWith24

I thought this was a thread about the ownership of Manchester United? So was wondering what your post related to
Purposely obtuse it is then. This thread has turned into a stage for people to profess their moral high ground. I’m just pointing out that it’s imaginary

NLunited

I personally dislike Qatar and Saudi rulers and their laws, but I have to say the amount of islamophobia and racism towards Arabs in general and how it's tolerated by the mods/admins on this site is really disheartening as a fellow fan of this club, I hope y'all refrain from generalizing and attacking the populace, please understand that we are also humans and we deserve the same level of respect you give to your countrymen and other nations, thanks.
Generalization is bad, I agree.

Chief123

Yes, in which case Qatar as new owners is a fantastic proposition. A lifelong Utd fan buying us with a bottomless pit of money and the desire to transform the club and the surrounding area. Perfect.

mu4c_20le

Ok I'm convinced. We're no better than them really, in fact we should aspire to be more like them given how safe and harmonious their society is.

prateik

Woody would be gutted he isnt here anymore..
He wouldve gone crazy with all the money.

red thru&thru

I’m suggesting the Tory party have a history of taking lots of donations from abroad and Qatar have a history of giving them to the right people to get what they want. I also think the government would definitely be in favour of Qatari investment.
Wicked. Thank you.

And yeah, this is why I feel this deal will go through. No point Glazers trying to accept a deal from a bidder which may have to go through lots of hoops. Qatar should be quite straightforward.

Redfrog

I think that's more reason to be angry at the greedy council members pocketing the money, rather than foreign investors.

Anybody would do the same if they could get a similar deal. The locals are the ones screwing each other.
Very true. I think that this politics making money on public assets should go in jail. They are the reason democraties are dying being killed by greed and corruption.

UDontMessWith24

Ok I'm convinced. We're no better than them really, in fact we should aspire to be more like them given how safe and harmonious their society is.
A response of someone who has no point to make. I’m convinced you truly believe you have a moral high ground to stand on, which is absolutely hilarious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.