Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

Why is it OK for some to have the fecking Emir of Qatar as an owner but Mason Greenwood shouldnt be let back?

Isnt that incredibly weird?

croadyman

Let's face it probably the only non state ownership option who allows us to improve infrastructure,facilities and stadium without borrowing to fund it is a tech giant

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I’ve been quoted too many times and most replies aren’t serious so I’m personally done with this thread. I said what I had to. Its 2023 and if you truly want to know about a topic there are multiple sides to a story which you can get to with some digging. Some of you have already made your mind so no point arguing.

There is a cultural gap as well. Getting shocked at housemaids being normal… maybe you need to target your frustrations towards capitalism and not Qatar

Grizzly B

Without getting into the morals of it all, one things Qatar will do is listen to the fans. The worry with a lot of other owners is that they come in and feel they have to make wholesale changes, we are finally starting to get the football side right and I think most fans want the manager and current personnel backed - Qatar are far less likely to change this.

ShinjiNinja26

I could see the Qatari’s turning their attention to Spurs if the Glazers end up pricing them out of a sale. Which knowing how greedy the parasites are is a distinct possibility.

RedDevil@84

But you think we will be state owned. Alot of talk has said it is private individuals that will bid not the state, so where is the issue in that?
They would simply argue the individuals are friendly with royal family and hence dirty

RedDevil@84

Why is it OK for some to have the fecking Emir of Qatar as an owner but Mason Greenwood shouldnt be let back?

This kind of nonsense coupled with other nonsense like Rashford will be forced to go to PSG is what makes any discussion futile.

Bosws87

I don't even know how to reply to this one, been sat staring at the reply box for a while :confused:

Andersonson

Care to show your calculations, that is an utterly bizarre comparison.
This kind of nonsense coupled with other nonsense like Rashford will be forced to go to PSG is what makes any discussion futile.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...years-in-qatar-jail-after-reporting-rape/amp/

Who is responsible for situations like this? Isnt it the Emir? The one who is going to most likely buy us?

So this is ok? But not Mason Greenwood?

Or is morale just something when it fits the narrative?

Bosws87

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...years-in-qatar-jail-after-reporting-rape/amp/

Who is responsible for situations like this? Isnt it the Emir? The one who is going to most likely buy us?

So this is ok? But not Mason Greenwood?

Or is morale just something when it fits the narrative?
Going nowhere with this, the club this is all about is currently governed by people that you could easily lay the same claims on to manslaughter for the covid response, its not as black and white as someone having physical evidence of a crime being committed "even if the charges were dropped"

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

"She said no and stop several times."
C Ronaldo.

Andersonson

Aye because they’re the same thing. :rolleyes:

It’s shite like this that keeps bogging this thread down.
Then answer me this,
How is women rights in Qatar?
Can women report or get help after being raped?

Who is in charge of said laws in Qatar?
Are you ok with said laws and practices?

Why are ok with us getting owned by someone who force and make the rules above, but letting a player who hasnt been convicted for anything shouldnt be let back? Is it ok to do stuff like that over there, but not here?

troylocker

In my opinion, the reason everyone is so against Middle east is because of all the negative media that has surrounded them in the last few years.

Everyone says oil money, well that's how they make money, so why not spend it? Why is oil money dirty?

Say for example INEOS / American owners, people do not scrutinise them to the extent they do with middle east owners, why? Do we know how these people make their billions?

What I have seen is, the middle east owners will put the right people in charge to win, whilst investing in and around Manchester.

We could have a state of the art stadium.
Are you being serious?
You are comparing Ineos and American business owners to Dictators here? The difference in scrutiny levels might be because they are not the law, judge, jury, church or controlling 100% of the power and resources, oppressing millions of people while robbing them of religous freedom, freedom of speach, freedom of sexuality etc. in countries where they don't allow free elections..... I would love more negative media attention around it. Absolutely love it. Judging by this thread it's far to little of it.

Can you really not see why people do not scrutinise INEOS/American owners to the same extent as tyrant dictators?

Bosws87

Then answer me this,

Why are ok with us getting owned by someone who force and make the rules above, but letting a player who hasnt been convicted for anything shouldnt be let back? Is it ok to do stuff like that over there, but not here?
Google the conviction rate for sexual assault in the UK and educate one self.

croadyman

Without getting into the morals of it all, one things Qatar will do is listen to the fans. The worry with a lot of other owners is that they come in and feel they have to make wholesale changes, we are finally starting to get the football side right and I think most fans want the manager and current personnel backed - Qatar are far less likely to change this.
Keegan's article or was it Jacobs suggests that they are at least willing to listen to fans views on how the ground and facilities could be improved

romufc

State actors using state funds to get around dual ownership rules is state ownership. The mental gymnastics required to deny that to yourself is incredible.
There are no private individuals with this kind of wealth that aren't associated to the royal family there.
That's a formality, the people in charge of these private funds work and respond for the Royal Family.
By that logic - Man City are not state owned.

City are owned by Abu Dabhi group. - A sovereign fund.

So you all have made up that its the QIA that are bidding for the club? I hope you all have done this much research on all the bidders.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
City are owned by Abu Dabhi group. - A sovereign fund.

So you all have made up that its the QIA that are bidding for the club? I hope you all have done this much research on all the bidders.
Please don’t try and pretend this isn’t anything to do with the Qatari rulers. You can justify it how youwant, but don’t go down that pathetic route.

troylocker

Okay, so let me ask you, you are against Qatar because?
Nobody here has said they are against Qatar, the country, or it's people. They are against their tyrant dictator buying this club. Totally different things.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Google the conviction rate for sexual assault in the UK and educate one self.
Conviction rates are low in most countries because its difficult to prove that it was non-consentual unless there were reliable witnesses present that is somewhat different than a womans testimony being worth less than a man's in law.

romufc

Are you being serious?
You are comparing Ineos and American business owners to Dictators here? The difference in scrutiny levels might be because they are not the law, judge, jury, church or controlling 100% of the power and resources, oppressing millions of people while robbing them of religous freedom, freedom of speach, freedom of sexuality etc. in countries where they don't allow free elections..... I would love more negative media attention around it. Absolutely love it. Judging by this thread it's far to little of it.

Can you really not see why people do not scrutinise INEOS/American owners to the same extent as tyrant dictators?

Yes, I am being serious.

So you have an issue with how the country is run and politics of it all, you know exactly how each person in middle east feels? Its like you are saying there is nothing politically wrong with America or the UK? Is that how you feel? It is your opinion that UK and America have the best politics and laws, other people will not share the same thinking.

ShinjiNinja26

Then answer me this,

I don’t know the ins and outs of the laws in a country the other side of the world. I do know the conviction rate for rape in the UK is absolutely shocking. As for Greenwood the club are doing their own investigation and will decide themselves what to do with him. I assume you’ll be walking away from the club if the Qatari’s do indeed takeover seeing as you’re so strongly against it? You’re entitled to your opinion but don’t be jumping on anyone who doesn’t share the same one as you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Antero Henrique has acted like a 12 years old on a few occasions, as have Leonardo. Personally I put that on them because both have shown that they can do their job properly but I don't know if it's too much freedom or something else that led them to take some boneheaded decision, in the case of Leonardo you have signing Icardi for a big fee when Tuchel didn't like his profile. That's an example of the bad things, while it was Leonardo's job to build the team, El Khelaifi seemingly failed to arbitrate between his DOF and his head coach.

So the good thing is that Doha didn't get in the way of Football people but the bad thing is that Doha didn't get in the way of Football people. They looked at the result and told Leonardo to find a new job after Leonardo pushed Tuchel away.
I never understood the hype around Leonardo. He was appointed technical director despite playing just 4 years with Milan. He then moved to manager despite not even having the qualifications to cover the role and after tanking it big time and news leaked out of having problems with Berlusconi, he fount himself managing another top club aka Inter. It the equivalent of Ole becoming City manager after tanking with us. He then did meah at Inter only to resign and become a director at PSG. But that's not all. After getting banned for 13 months which I think lead to his sacking he fount himself back to Milan as sporting director. But that is not all. He then leaves Milan again on mutual consent only to return to PSG again. That's astounding when you consider that he was a good player, a mediocre manager and an even worse Director. Now either this guy is the most fortunate man on earth or else he happens to have nude pictures of most top football people of the time.

LARulz

Has there been any new updates or is everyone here still fighting and that's why there's been so many pages today?

Siorac

Going nowhere with this, the club this is all about is currently governed by people that you could easily lay the same claims on to manslaughter for the covid response
What now? Are we talking about United here or do you mean some other club?

romufc

Then answer me this,

Right, we want to do this do we?

I agree Qatar has outdated laws, didn't this country have that not too long ago too?

You can ask these questions, but you also have to answer mine.

What % of women who report rape get justice in America or UK?

Strelok

Care to show your calculations, that is an utterly bizarre comparison.
The Qatari royals have been know to commit multiple crimes including rapes, tortures and murders. And I don't think we'd need to discuss how women are treated there.

What bizarre here is some of our fans can live just fine with those people owning United but can't live with MG returning. Some may argue that the players presents the club more than the owners. That's simply not true the players, coaches etc. and the owners all are a part of the club and they're all associated with the club and our image.

For me it's really simple. If you're ok with the Qatari royals owning us then you should not complain about or are against MG playing for us again. At least MG didn't torture and kill anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.