Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So the Glazers basically announce they are skint and need private investment to stay on or a full sale.

And somehow we come full circle and they are now going to buy out their family with help from Apollo group (who want what?) Hence meaning the private investment they originally wanted still hasn't been achieved. It makes zero sense and isn't exactly hard to dismiss.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I find some of the media reporting on this to be strange, Mike Keegan in the Daily Mail almost seemed like a water carrier for Qatar. And I don't get the fact that some sources report the Qataris will be the likely owners and are confident of purchasing Utd when others are reporting that the Qataris won't go over £4.5M for Utd. How can you set a max valuation of £4.5M (Below what the Glazers are likely be looking for) and be confident of buying Utd? The Glazers aren't selling or else you're lying about your max valuation.

And another thing: with FSR coming on line, rich owners don't really mean much. This club's issue has not really been generating revenue (And we'd make more revenue if we get better on the pitch which as things stand is happening under the Glazers), this club's issue has always been not spending money well. Big owners don't really change much as most of the revenue cow has already been milked by Ed Woodward, the gains still available are marginal at best. And whilst I don't think a new training ground and a redeveloped stadium would hurt, I don't think they are essential to Utd on the field.

RopersReturn

Bidders of course would be Luke warm. You don't show your hand so early on

"I love it, charge me what you like" says no one serious ever

I honestly think that clown Ratcliffe's nonsense has really skewered perception of how these processes actually work and how those involved actually behave.

Any interested party will be playing down their interest in hope of negotiating the best price. The sure sign Ratcliffe has NEVER been involved in this process was that he has been running around telling everyone he is.

It's negotiation.
Makes you wonder if Ratcliffe really thought he was in contention, especially knowing he’d need to borrow significantly for a leveraged buyout? Compared to potential Middle Eastern bidders he really isn’t in the race but it’s been great publicity for him and Ineos since the takeover was announced.

jm99

No words. But not unexpected. They are going nowhere. Never were.
They definitely are going. If they don't sell, Qatar will likely buy Liverpool. Tottenham will get a big money takeover, Chelsea have brought in a load of top talent and will eventually get it right with the amount they're spending, and arsenal are quite a bit ahead of us, if Newcastle finish top 4 they'll spend enough to be title challengers. The value of the club will plummet, if we're competing for europa league spots every year rather than CL, this is the peak value for them

Fahad Jawaid

True, and perhaps its emblematic of the possiblity that free thinking is not acceptable in the ME outside of groupthink.

I live in the UK and hate the Tories. I lived in Israel and hate the government and the way they treat the Palestinians. And Iran is my absolutely favourite place in the world, but I hope the regime crashes and burns and society rises from the ashes.

That's simply not true, I live in ME, and I agree their labour laws could be improved, but women rights and freedom for women has greatly increased and there is no place safer for women, plus quality of life is good and salaries are without tax, so people are very happy here. Furthermore, I am not even Arabic so bigging them up gives me no benefit.

Do you think there is somebody holding me to a gun, asking me to write good things about living here or ME? I will just be happy that we have a owner who will put Utd first and dividend and returns are not the first thing they will have on their mind.

Just to give you an example, I am very much against Israel for their atrocities against Palestine, but this has not impacted my love for the club, despite the current owners being in bed with Israel and they have publicly supported their government's campaign.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That is why it is going to happen. Glazers will pile more debt on the club chasing The Super League.
As I understand it they can't add more debt, they've reached the limit on what United can borrow, that's one of the reasons they want to sell, they would have to spend some of their own money which 4 of the six siblings don't want to do, Joel and Avram don't want to sell so I assume they know that they would need to cough up money but they can't do that on their own

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
As I understand it they can't add more debt, they've reached the limit on what United can borrow, that's one of the reasons they want to sell, they would have to spend some of their own money which 4 of the six siblings don't want to do, Joel and Avram don't want to sell so I assume they know that they would need to cough up money but they can't do that on their own
Interesting.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not really desperately, but yes Glazers with more debt would be preferred by just about any oppo. In the end I am just a spectator of this circus.
Yep.

As pointed out most oppos love to see United and it’s fans suffer. Basically ruining our club.

That’s why many are accepting of investment from the ME.

red thru&thru

Haha, the meltdown in here is so funny!

Someone explain to me, how can the Glazers (Manchester United) gain entrance to the super league without the consent of the Premier League?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Haha, the meltdown in here is so funny!

Someone explain to me, how can the Glazers (Manchester United) gain entrance to the super league without the consent of the Premier League?
Well they could just resign from the PL if they wanted, not very likely admittingly but these days you never know!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
There is going to be a lot of disinformation over the next few days.

This looks more like a negotiating tactic by the Glazers to panic buyers into offering more.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The article states that Qatar were initially luke warm about the merchant bank offering the club to them due to their doubts regarding the intentions of the Glazer family.

It seems like those doubts have been put to bed with Avram himself spending time in Qatar during the world cup.

gormless

It's a relatively small twitter account, but he was right about a lot of our transfer activity in the summer. I'm not saying it's true, I just threw it out, in case it's true, so that fellows reds might not be smacked in the face with this news out of nowhere. Could be bullshit, but it might reign some expectations from people in that are 100% convinced Qatar is done and financial floodgates are about to open.
is the relatively small twitter account @antoniocarter? First result after searching “Glazers Apollo.” He seems like a grade A bullshitter. His pinned tweet is still saying it was a done deal with Dubai back in November

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This looks more like a negotiating tactic by the Glazers to panic buyers into offering more.
More than a few days, I would think. These are just the initial bids that then get reduced down to a smaller shortlist of preferred bidders. I assume there's then further negotiations at that point where bids will inevitably be raised, so we'll probably continue to hear that's there's a possibility of no sale right up to the sale being confirmed.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s most likely scaremongering from the likes of Delaney but I suggest everyone be prepared for the Glazers to back track on their intentions to sell if no one meets their crazy demands. We all know how greedy these cnuts are so nothing should surprise anyone. We just have to pray the other 4 siblings put enough pressure on Joel and Avram that anything other than a full sale is out of the question.

Suv666

No its losers desperate for more clicks. Shite like Delaney will sell there own mother for clicks.

They know any negative news about the takeover will whip the anxious fans into a frenzy and generate engagement. The only thing they care about.

Fahad Jawaid

True, and perhaps its emblematic of the possiblity that free thinking is not acceptable in the ME outside of groupthink.

I live in the UK and hate the Tories. I lived in Israel and hate the government and the way they treat the Palestinians. And Iran is my absolutely favourite place in the world, but I hope the regime crashes and burns and society rises from the ashes.

Wouldn't blame yourself mate. I think it's an intended function of the bid/purchase to mobilise these fans with such sympathies to advocate for them, vertically integrating their ideology in there slowly but surely because we're already fans. We've seen it at City with them coming together over time, when at the start a lot of them called out the ridiculous statements for well, being ridiculous.

Yea I think it's difficult in a consumer world like ours to honestly say that you'll take a stand without being or feeling hypocritical. 60% of the worlds solar panels or something are made by chinese slaves, but i'll still buy them to help the environment. We still buy flagship smartphones etc etc. We do what we do to

Were I the perfect man, I'd be in #1. It would be a hard limit and I'd be protesting it and not support the club if it went ahead. But I like football, the club, my quiet life. Were I the perfect man, I'd probably also be off fighting in Syria or Ukraine.

I'm no psychologist, but as I mentioned shortly above I think this is kind of a function of them buying/bidding for the club. Stage one is to buy and their fanboys will harp on, integrating with the other fans. They'll do 'good' for the club, for the city. Let us spend our own money. Knowing that for many fans who have that bitter taste in their mouth it's still a lifestyle, an addiction. Slowly move us down until we really don't care, and we're singing from the same hymm sheet. The ones who were originally mad at it in reluctant acceptance, whilst the ones who didn't care from the start move to full on shill mode.

I honestly think we're seeing this now with City. They are becoming more and more full throated in their support.

I don't think our interest will diminish? It's still our club. The same boys/girls, the same managers. We'll just be more... empty perhaps? When we win or in general, who knows.

As for some mythical billionaire; though I'd love Mackenzie Scott to swoop in to put a finger up at Bezos, I only really see 2 viable options and I'm not sure how serious about us either would be. (And no Ineos isn't viable for me) [for reference: my idea of viable is defined by "rich enough for the club to be a hedge, and cash rich enough to plough cash into the club for a decade without caring for anything but capital gains"]
This guy is such a big bull shitter, during transfer season not even single rumour he reports turn out to be true, so for such a multi billion dollar deal, where confidentiality will be paramount and only a few people will know anything, he will actually be the last person to know anything.

AneRu

So the Glazers basically announce they are skint and need private investment to stay on or a full sale.

And somehow we come full circle and they are now going to buy out their family with help from Apollo group (who want what?) Hence meaning the private investment they originally wanted still hasn't been achieved. It makes zero sense and isn't exactly hard to dismiss.
Its just posturing from the Glazers but they are cornered - fans are at war with them to the extent that they cant set foot into their own ground, commercial revenues have flatlined (they are struggling to secure a replacement for Teamviewer), the club needs major investments in infrastructure to catch up and the potential PL arms race means you cant run a top PL club on the cheap and maintain relevance.

On top of that the siblings wont accept being bought out on the cheap, they gonna want as close to 2/3 of the target valuation as possible so good luck getting a loan of £3b to £4b. Even if Apollo stupid enough to bite how are the Glazers going to fund the stadium renovations and keep the team competitive? We are a billion in debt, imagine the difficulties of servicing a £5b debt whilst trying to satisfy a restive fan base, the value of the club will collapse as we become too toxic even for the sponsors.

As incompetent as they are the Glazers would have seen these troubles coming from a mile away, the fact that they have finally contemplated a sale shows they have tried all else and failed. If this news did indeed come from the Glazers, a big if, then its nothing more than posturing. We have seen the three parties (the parasites, the Chelsea season ticket holder and the migrant abusing Qataris) all lay their case in the media and this is just a continuation. Imagine what the weekend and next week will be like with briefs and counter briefs, especially if our weakened team loses badly tomorrow night....

Strootman's Finger

is the relatively small twitter account @antoniocarter? First result after searching “Glazers Apollo.” He seems like a grade A bullshitter. His pinned tweet is still saying it was a done deal with Dubai back in November
I think that's it. I don't even really know who he is, I came across him at the end of the summer when I saw a tweet of his claiming how accurate his summer predictions were. When I looked back through his tweets he was ahead of the game on almost all our summer transfer activity, so I started following him.

I know, he's a no one, but everyone starts as a no one, and having a summer of successfully predicting most activity makes me put some weight into what he posts. And I get what you are saying about him claiming Dubai was done, he did maintain that until a couple days ago, and only now says it's changed because of Apollo, so I guess we may never know if that was correct. Unless Qatar buys us, in which case he was bullshit all along and I will unfollow him. But for now, he's giving me reason to atleast consider what he says.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Its just posturing from the Glazers but they are cornered - fans are at war with them to the extent that they cant set foot into their own ground, commercial revenues have flatlined (they are struggling to secure a replacement for Teamviewer), the club needs major investments in infrastructure to catch up and the potential PL arms race means you cant run a top PL club on the cheap and maintain relevance.

On top of that the siblings wont accept being bought out on the cheap, they gonna want as close to 2/3 of the target valuation as possible so good luck getting a loan of £3b to £4b. Even if Apollo stupid enough to bite how are the Glazers going to fund the stadium renovations and keep the team competitive? We are a billion in debt, imagine the difficulties of servicing a £5b debt whilst trying to satisfy a restive fan base, the value of the club will collapse as we become too toxic even for the sponsors.

As incompetent as they are the Glazers would have seen these troubles coming from a mile away, the fact that they have finally contemplated a sale shows they have tried all else and failed. If this news did indeed come from the Glazers, a big if, then its nothing more than posturing. We have seen the three parties (the parasites, the Chelsea season ticket holder and the migrant abusing Qataris) all lay their case in the media and this is just a continuation. Imagine what the weekend and next week will be like with briefs and counter briefs, especially if our weakened team loses badly tomorrow night....
The Glazer's are hardly incompetent, how many folks do you know who bought a business for nothing, take out millions in dividends and are selling it for billions? -We, as fans, don't like it, but as a way of making a lot of money it was pretty ingenious

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that's it. I don't even really know who he is, I came across him at the end of the summer when I saw a tweet of his claiming how accurate his summer predictions were. When I looked back through his tweets he was ahead of the game on almost all our summer transfer activity, so I started following him.
:lol: people just tweet every scenario then delete the ones that are wrong. How are you falling for this in 2023!

Teja

They're not going to fund any major projects. Apollo can buy out some of the Glazer siblings for equity and that'll be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.