Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

It seems Tony O'Neil has heard something regarding Kuwait. Or otherwise I don't believe he'd just throw their name out there randomly.

And like I've said before, this type of owner would bring a balance to the EPL and have us competing on a level playing field with Man City.
Yeah, I've not heard anyone mention Kuwait and then for.Tony to do so, made me think hesheard something.

I'm not too sure why, but I'd like Kuwait to own us compared to the other Middle Eastern states. They just seem more low key. Something which I feel would suit us.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Just 2 examples of making money out of United for Apple
- Man Utd tv with great content following the first team etc - subscription
- live streaming of United games - subscription
- develop a VR app where you can look around OT, trophies, history videos, watch live matches at OT on VR from your home - buy gear & subscribe to a digital season pass
- name on shirt, players using iPhone etc
- coaching staff all using iPads, macs etc

sorry that’s 5
They might also look to use United to develop wearable activity or health trackers or enter the sports data science market. There are many possible opportunities that would make a tech firm consider buying a team - people need to think less linearly.

Dividends + debt servicing only amounts to c. £45m pa under the Glazers.
That’s false, we’ve paid 743m in interest payments alone since 2005, that’s an average of 43m /year.
In 2021/22 we paid 32m in dividends, although the average is 22m.
We’ve also been paying off the debt, to bring those interest payments down, so there is more money that wouldn’t be going out of the club.

Add to that, if any tech or streaming company were to acquire United, they would expect to increase those profits significantly. I can absolutely imagine a VR platform where you can sit on the managers bench and watch the day’s game from 00:00 GMT, amongst many other things. So they might not have live broadcasting rights, but could they provide something completely out of the box that has us United fans drooling and desperate to pay 20 quid a month to appletv+… abso-fecking-lutely.

I’ll say again, I don’t think it’ll ever happen in a million years mind.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just 2 examples of making money out of United for Apple
- Man Utd tv with great content following the first team etc - subscription
- live streaming of United games - subscription
- develop a VR app where you can look around OT, trophies, history videos, watch live matches at OT on VR from your home - buy gear & subscribe to a digital season pass
- name on shirt, players using iPhone etc
- coaching staff all using iPads, macs etc

sorry that’s 5
Could have made a fortune if Ole's still here. He had a new iPad every game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, I've not heard anyone mention Kuwait and then for.Tony to do so, made me think hesheard something.

I'm not too sure why, but I'd like Kuwait to own us compared to the other Middle Eastern states. They just seem more low key. Something which I feel would suit us.
I agree.

It would bring about a power shift in the league where there would be a natural balance between the competitors unlike what we're seeing now with City who will probably win their 5th league title in 6 years this season.

And maybe there's some people who don't care if City keep winning, but I do care and want my club to compete on a level playing field against a rival team who would be going for 6 in a row right now, if it wasn't for a Liverpool team who amassed a record points tally of 99 points in the 19/20 season. And for Liverpool to do that, they were functioning at a very high level structurally on the football side of the club, but even then, they couldn't compete with a team backed with huge finances. And their owners are now looking to sell due to not being able to compete financially.

And beating City to the league title with Kuwaiti owners wouldn't feel hollow at all for me. It would actually be more difficult to beat out City with Kuwaiti's owners than it was when we were beating Arsenal to the league in yester-years whilst having more financial muscle.

red thru&thru

I agree.

It would bring about a power shift in the league where there would be a natural balance between the competitors unlike what we're seeing now with City who will probably win their 5th league title in 6 years this season.

And maybe there's some people who don't care if City keep winning, but I do care and want my club to compete on a level playing field against a rival team who would be going for 6 in a row right now, if it wasn't for a Liverpool team who amassed a record points tally of 99 points in the 19/20 season. And for Liverpool to do that, they were functioning at a very high level structurally on the football side of the club, but even then, they couldn't compete with a team backed with huge finances. And their owners are now looking to sell due to not being able to compete financially.

And beating City to the league title with Kuwaiti owners wouldn't feel hollow at all for me. It would actually be more difficult to beat out City with Kuwaiti's owners than it was when we were beating Arsenal to the league in yester-years whilst having more financial muscle.
Yep. We need similar set up CFG to compete. One of the great things we can do is out do them on the stadium. We could attract so many more visitors, etc. The infrastructure would be immense.

Kuwait could help us create a similar stadium to the Sofi stadium in the NFL! :devil:

croadyman

I just want a new owner who can take Utd private and not take money out of the club. Hire top man to run Utd that can generate revenue to reinvest in the club for 7-8 years. Hopefully, he can start paying himself after that.
Well would worry about Ratcliffe hiring Brailsford if he bought the club after watching that video from United Peoples TV

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep. We need similar set up CFG to compete. One of the great things we can do is out do them on the stadium. We could attract so many more visitors, etc. The infrastructure would be immense.

Kuwait could help us create a similar stadium to the Sofi stadium in the NFL! :devil:
I agree, and who the next owner will be of the club, will define the next 15 to 20 years imo. We are either going to challenge City on a level playing field or look to take chunks out of their dominant period alongside the other top clubs.

And as far as the political side is concerned, that's the job of the governments or governing bodies in football to take care of. And it's why we vote these people in to make political decisions. And they've allowed the likes of City and Newcastle to be taken over by Nation States. I'm going to support my team no matter who the owner is, because football is a escape from the everyday stresses of life.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh God, not just welcoming it, we have fans who are gonna celebrate like the geordies if we get turned into the next Man City.

feck me.
We will never be turned into them for one simple reason. The club already makes enough money to compete, we just need to spend it better.

City never did for the first 8-10 years so they had to pump it in themselves.

Slysi17

Yeah so it doesn't look like the Saudi's are backing two clubs in the Premier League. Probably their way of getting around a conflict of interest issue.
Did you see the tweet from telegraph sport. Premier league have no plans for regulations against a Saudi investor taking control of the club.

Slysi17

Mark Goldbridge keeps saying it will be a US investor which buys it. He keeps going on about it. Really don't think so. After learning Old Trafford will take 7 to 8 years, I think we need a new stadium which will be costly. Why would a US buyer want to buy the club having to invest in a new stadium, players and infrastructure. Your looking at 200 million spend each summer to keep pace with Manchester City, 1 billion or more for a new stadium and then spending on infrastructure. Makes no sense for someone to buy club who isn't super rich. Those people saying we don't need a super rich owner a clueless. Our profit is 200 odd million with the debt cleared. It won't be spent on players. The club has to cover other costs. Glazers neglect will lead to middle east ownership.

stw2022

We're too expensive to be a sportswashing vehicle. It isn't that the Saudis or the Kuwaitis or anyone else can't afford us, but they can achieve the same elsewhere much cheaper.

Newcastle, City, even Chelsea at the time were on the brink before Abramovic came in. QSI paid a mere €30m for the last 30% of PSG a few years ago.

Even the super wealthy still like a bargain. Look at how Chelsea haven't ended up with one this time now their value is where it is today vs 20 odd years ago. Liverpool aren't getting one either for similar reasons. We're likely to be upwards of £6bn. If we are sold (and to be fair I'm far from sold on this being the case still) there's a more than fair chance we will be bought by someone looking to get some financial return from it.

Last edited:

Slysi17

Oh God, not just welcoming it, we have fans who are gonna celebrate like the geordies if we get turned into the next Man City.

feck me.
Blame the Glazers. They have neglected the club so much that the only person who can afford to buy it is someone super rich. We need to spend alot to fix their neglect.

Slysi17

We're too expensive to be a sportswashing vehicle. It isn't that the Saudis or the Kuwaitis or anyone else can't afford us, but they can achieve the same elsewhere much cheaper.

Newcastle, City, even Chelsea at the time were on the brink before Abramovic came in. QSI paid a mere €30m for the last 30% of PSG a few years ago.

Even the super wealthy still like a bargain. We're likely to be upwards of £6bn. If we are sold (and to be fair I'm far from sold on this being the case still) there's a more than fair chance we will be bought by someone looking to get some financial return from it
It's Manchester United mate who are hardly ever on the market. Someone super wealthy will want to buy it as it's the biggest club in England with a global fanbase. People need to stop naively believing that someone super wealthy wouldn't want it. Manchester United need someone super wealthy because the club is a mess.

stw2022

It's Manchester United mate who are hardly ever on the market. Someone super wealthy will want to buy it as it's the biggest club in England with a global fanbase. People need to stop naively believing that someone super wealthy wouldn't want it. Manchester United need someone super wealthy because the club is a mess.

Clubs are always on the market as are players. It's not like you go to supermarket and the 'clubs' aisle to see who's for sale. Every owner and plc can be made an offer/taken over at any point.

There's nothing to be gained from the super wealthy buying United. It wouldn't be in any way consistent with the proven end established profile.

If you leave aside the fact it's lazy journalism to link "the Saudis" (etc) whenever the question of ownership comes up, look at the profiles of clubs they actually go for. The world's most expensive sports club doesn't fit that profile.

Slysi17

Clubs are always on the market as are players. It's not like you go to supermarket and the 'clubs' aisle to see who's for sale. Every owner and plc can be made an offer/taken over at any point.

There's nothing to be gained from the super wealthy buying United. It wouldn't be in any way consistent with the proven end established profile.

If you leave aside the fact it's lazy journalism to link "the Saudis" (etc) whenever the question of ownership comes up, look at the profiles of they actually go for. The world's most expensive sports club doesn't fit that profile.
There is hardly any return for a non state investor either. If I was a non state investor I wouldn't buy it. Plus your wrong. Buying Manchester United would greatly promote a states country too. Your being silly with clubs are always on the market comment. Clubs like Manchester United are hardly ever on the market. Plus you can't use past history. The Saudis wanted Manchester United but got refused because the Glazers wanted to sell. And for feck sake you can't just can't go and buy a football club that easily. The owner also has to want to sell

stw2022

There is hardly any return for a non state investor either. If I was a non state investor I wouldn't buy it. Plus your wrong. Buying Manchester United would greatly promote a states country too. Your being silly with clubs are always on the market comment. Clubs like Manchester United are hardly ever on the market.
You're confusing what you would like to see vs what's likely to happen.

We're one of the most profitable sports teams around. If you think that puts us in the category of 'hardly worth buying' for a non state owned enterprise then the whole concept of owning a sports team will be alien to you.

We weren't for sale when the Glazers bought us.

Football has been a way of cheaply washing reputation through sport and clubs that have been used to facilitate that have been inexpensive to buy. High end Western sports 'franchises' have never been part of that profile.

Slysi17

You're confusing what you would like to see vs what's likely to happen.

We're one of the most profitable sports teams around. If you think that puts us in the category of 'hardly worth buying' for a non state owned enterprise then the whole concept of owning a sports team will be alien to you.

We weren't for sale when the Glazers bought us.

Football has been a way of cheaply washing reputation through sport and clubs that have been used to facilitate that have been inexpensive to buy. High end Western sports 'franchises' have never been part of that profile.
feck sake your not getting it. The football landscape has completely changed around 2008. We now have 2 state backed clubs in the Premier League. Soon the it will be 3 then 4. I have a business degree in accounting too. Do you have one?. So I know what I am talking about it. Your just clueless, in a business transaction which applies to buying a football club there has to be a willing seller and buyer. Your fecking not getting that because you have no business knowledge. Plus don't just say that i am saying what i want to happen . I am just using facts here and my business knowledge i gained through my degree. To get a return on the investment Manchester United has to start winning Premier Leagues and champions leagues to increase the returns which will be hard to do with Manchester City and Newcastle United being state funded.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's not like the idea of Apple acquiring Man Utd wouldn't appeal to me as well.

For the aforementioned reasons I just don't think that there is any chance this might actually happen.
And it should be noted that Oaktree isn't faceless. You just don't know who Howard Marks is.

But they are specialized in reporting on Apple activities and have decades of experience covering the tech industry and Apple, specifically.
How can Mr Luckhurst be better informed about internal considerations at Apple than the journalists who are literally married with Apple?
Did macrumours report on the Beats acquisition early? If they did then you know they are plugged in. Otherwise....

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Glazers attempted to sell 30% of the club to Saudi Arabia in 2019 for £700m according to The Athletic. But the reason it never went ahead was due to the Glazers wanting the Saudis to be silent non interfering partners in the decision making process when it came to running the club.

https://theathletic.com/3656007/202...r-united-newcastle?source=user-shared-article

Slysi17

The Glazers attempted to sell 30% of the club to Saudi Arabia in 2019 for £700m according to The Athletic. But the reason it never went ahead was due to the Glazers wanting the Saudis to be silent non interfering partners in the decision making process when it came to running the club.

https://theathletic.com/3656007/202...r-united-newcastle?source=user-shared-article
Yeah but they wanted to buy Manchester United then bought Newcastle United because Manchester United were not for sale.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah but they wanted to buy Manchester United then bought Newcastle United because Manchester United were not for sale.
I agree with what you were saying in your earlier posts. The only reason we didn't sell out to PiF, was due to the Glazers not wanting to relinquish control of the club and hence offering them a 30% stake, which was non controlling. And the Saudis wanted full control, hence they bought Newcastle after a pitch by Amanda Stavely, who offered them full control of the club according to Yasir Al Yumayyan (governor of PiF) quoted in The Athletic piece above.

Slysi17

I agree with what you were saying in your earlier posts. The only reason we didn't sell out to PiF, was due to the Glazers not wanting to relinquish control of the club and hence offering them a 30% stake, which was non controlling. And the Saudis wanted full control, hence they bought Newcastle after a pitch by Amanda Stavely, who offered them full control of the club according to Yasir Al Yumayyan (governor of PiF) quoted in The Athletic piece above.
Yep I thought that was what happened which proves that people saying middle eastern sovereign funds don't want to buy Manchester United because it makes no sense are wrong. What frustrates me is people assume it will be us investors buying it and they will get a return are not realizing football has changed. Much harder for them to get a return compared to the early noughties. Back then Manchester City and Newcastle United were not state backed. For US investors to get a return, Manchester United need to return to challenging for the big trophies. People fail to realize that Manchester United increased in value so much because they were successful under Ferguson. Your a great poster. Seems like you know your stuff

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
And the Saudis wanted full control, hence they bought Newcastle after a pitch by Amanda Stavely, who offered them full control of the club according to Yasir Al Yumayyan (governor of PiF) quoted in The Athletic piece above.
I Hope she inserted at least one clause.

No bone saws are allowed on club premises.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep I thought that was what happened which proves that people saying middle eastern sovereign funds don't want to buy Manchester United because it makes no sense are wrong. What frustrates me is people assume it will be us investors buying it and they will get a return are not realizing football has changed. Much harder for them to get a return compared to the early noughties. Back then Manchester City and Newcastle United were not state backed. For US investors to get a return, Manchester United need to return to challenging for the big trophies. People fail to realize that Manchester United increased in value so much because they were successful under Ferguson. Your a great poster. Seems like you know your stuff
I think we're potentially approaching a watershed moment for the club. And whoever ends up buying the club will ultimately define what we do in the next 15 to 20 years as a football club.

And to challenge the current benchmark set by our neighbours, we need owners who have very deep pockets. Because the way the current ownership has left the club, we have been left way behind when it comes to the development of the football side of the club and also the infrastructure.

I'm going to follow my club no matter who the owner is and I assume the owner of this forum will do the same and not dissolve the forum. I just hope it's a ownership group that will have the ambition to challenge Man City at all levels from the first team to the youth teams etc, and not just make up the numbers in the top 4.

And like I've said before, if there's a will to make us the best from the top of the chain, then the standards throughout the club will be high, because ambitious owners will hold people accountable for poor decision making. And when you hold people accountable for poor decisions, then they're replaced by others who are deemed more competent. And that's how you create a culture of the best in class.

Last edited:

Slysi17

I think we're potentially approaching a watershed moment for the club. And whoever ends up buying the club will ultimately define what we do in the next 15 to 20 years as a football club.

And to challenge the current benchmark set by our neighbours, we need owners who have very deep pockets. Because the way the current ownership has left the club, we have been left way behind when it comes to the development of the football side of the club and also the infrastructure.

I'm going to follow my club no matter who the owner is and I assume the owner of this forum will do the same and not dissolve the forum. I just hope it's a ownership group that will have the ambition to challenge Man City at all levels from the first team to the youth teams etc, and not just make up the numbers in the top 4.

And like I've said before, if there's a will to make us the best from the top of the chain, then the standards throughout the club will be high, because ambitious owners will hold people accountable for poor decision making. And when you hold people accountable for poor decisions, then they're replaced by others who are deemed more competent.
Yep. I want owners who want to be the best and not just be happy with top four. I am praying we get owners like that with deep pockets to make this club great again.

croadyman

Mark Goldbridge keeps saying it will be a US investor which buys it. He keeps going on about it. Really don't think so. After learning Old Trafford will take 7 to 8 years, I think we need a new stadium which will be costly. Why would a US buyer want to buy the club having to invest in a new stadium, players and infrastructure. Your looking at 200 million spend each summer to keep pace with Manchester City, 1 billion or more for a new stadium and then spending on infrastructure. Makes no sense for someone to buy club who isn't super rich. Those people saying we don't need a super rich owner a clueless. Our profit is 200 odd million with the debt cleared. It won't be spent on players. The club has to cover other costs. Glazers neglect will lead to middle east ownership.
Hopefully he has got it totally wrong on this because US investors haven't got enough

croadyman

Even the super wealthy still like a bargain. Look at how Chelsea haven't ended up with one this time now their value is where it is today vs 20 odd years ago. Liverpool aren't getting one either for similar reasons. We're likely to be upwards of £6bn. If we are sold (and to be fair I'm far from sold on this being the case still) there's a more than fair chance we will be bought by someone looking to get some financial return from it.
God that would be seriously underwhelming

Slysi17

Hopefully he has got it totally wrong on this because US investors haven't got enough
He has got it wrong. He doesn't know shit . Just said he got it from his sources. Not reliable at all. Your right about the US investors not having enough which why it makes no sense for them to bid high or even really want it. As I said we need super wealthy owners as their alot to fix with the infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.