Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsterdam Devil

I would like the club to be debt free but it’s not the most important part I think. All the clubs have debts, only the state owned clubs don’t. All the big and succesfull clubs have debts, maybe only Bayern is that well run that they don’t have debts. When you buy a house you have debts probably. Money wasn’t the problem the last ten years. We paid 1 billion in transfer fees and we have the highest squad wages in the league. We just pissed the money away.

We need a strong owner that gets the directors right and invests in infrastructure, stadium, trainingscentra, academy, technology and scouting. Get the best people in and make sure everything around the club is state of the art. Most of those investments fall outside FFP I think. Make sure our revenue goes up so we have even more money to spend than we did the last ten year. Pay off some debts every year and don’t add more debts to the club. And most important: DON’T TAKE MONEY OUT OF THE CLUB.

Debts is just a part of the whole picture, I don’t think it’s the most important part, although I would like to see us lower the debts when we have the opportunity so we have even more money then.

I found this table of club debts in 2023:
1. Tottenham - £1.2 billion
2. Barcelona - £1 billion
3. Atletico Madrid - £804 million
4. Manchester United - £771 million
5. Inter Milan - £757 million
6. Juventus - £752 million
7. Real Madrid - £651 million
8. Arsenal - £405 million
9. Liverpool - £386 million
10. Everton - £353 million

JagUTD

I would like the club to be debt free but it’s not the most important part I think. All the clubs have debts, only the state owned clubs don’t. All the big and succesfull clubs have debts, maybe only Bayern is that well run that they don’t have debts. When you buy a house you have debts probably. Money wasn’t the problem the last ten years. We paid 1 billion in transfer fees and we have the highest squad wages in the league. We just pissed the money away.

We need a strong owner that gets the directors right and invests in infrastructure, stadium, trainingscentra, academy, technology and scouting. Get the best people in and make sure everything around the club is state of the art. Most of those investments fall outside FFP I think. Make sure our revenue goes up so we have even more money to spend than we did the last ten year. Pay off some debts every year and don’t add more debts to the club. And most important: DON’T TAKE MONEY OUT OF THE CLUB.

Debts is just a part of the whole picture, I don’t think it’s the most important part, although I would like to see us lower the debts when we have the opportunity so we have even more money then.

It's not entirely true that State owned clubs don't have debts. City's parent company took out a $650m. They claim it's for various projects across their entire group bit one might be forgiven for having little faith in what they say, when it rarely matches with what they do.

Even at face value, it's demonstrates how even State backed clubs still see fit to take on debt.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's not entirely true that State owned clubs don't have debts. City's parent company took out a $650m. They claim it's for various projects across their entire group bit one might be forgiven for having little faith in what they say, when it rarely matches with what they do.

Even at face value, it's demonstrates how even State backed clubs still see fit to take on debt.
Debt is a normal, reasonable part of every business. It’s not a fair expectation that anybody bids to buy the club with up to 6bn of their own money. It’s just not realistic. United fans need to drop this PTSD from the way the Glazers have abused the debt to suit their own ends.
Similarly it’s perfectly normal for any buyer to see a return on their investment, provided they go about it in the right way. Nobody is going to bankroll the club just to suit the fans. There has to be something in it for them too!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So, as things stand, the Ineos bid is the only bid on the table for a full buyout.
Should just accept it and stop wasting time. Other bidders have had their chance.

jm99

Isn't a lot of the debt, particularly for real Madrid and Tottenham, long term debt, for building a new stadium, or massively upgrading the existing ones, that they would hope the increased revenue from the stadium would cover the debt payments, our debt has had interest payments of something around 750m since the Glazers took over and even after refinancing it's still been about 20m a year for the past decade. Our debt is not the same as other clubs debt

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Isn't a lot of the debt, particularly for real Madrid and Tottenham, long term debt, for building a new stadium, or massively upgrading the existing ones, that they would hope the increased revenue from the stadium would cover the debt payments, our debt has had interest payments of something around 750m since the Glazers took over and even after refinancing it's still been about 20m a year for the past decade. Our debt is not the same as other clubs debt
Yup, we have feck all to show for the debt put on us by the Glazers. Interest rates being so high will probably kill us with repayments as well, so things have changed there also compared to the last ten or so years.

Godfather

I mean if it's INEOS or keeping the fecking Glazers the choice is easy. Ratcliffe all along. Also his planned sporting director seems quite a good option.
Still expect Qatar to follow up with a second bid too mind

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s probably dismissed because he’s only got half the cash without the means to get the other half. His idea is non starter.
He said they would find the whole thing and then get fans on board didnt he?
That said he was talking about Uniteds value being £3.8b anyway so I guess that kinda the same thing :wenger:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I should think so. He just asked a large proportion of the civilised world to go halves with him on a football club.
:lol: I wonder if he ever put it like that in his own head

Spoony

The People's President
If Big Jim has bid he's confident that there's only two bidders for full control. Reckon it was all a case of brinkmanship.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
>900 pages and there’s one, very sad, constant in this.

Fans have no idea what’s going on and whatever they want for their club is basically irrelevant.

This has been the direction of travel since the Premier League and the ban on standing.

You’re all being mugged off, which is a shame given the journey Erik is about to take us on.

Good night sweet prince

JagUTD

>900 pages and there’s one, very sad, constant in this.

Fans have no idea what’s going on and whatever they want for their club is basically irrelevant.

This has been the direction of travel since the Premier League and the ban on standing.

You’re all being mugged off, which is a shame given the journey Erik is about to take us on.

Good night sweet prince
Don't be a clown

jm99

So have Qatar pulled out?
If this is genuinely a state backed bid as most of us believe, I don't think there's any way they'll pull out or lose, ownership of city, psg and Newcastle, no matter how successful absolutely pale in comparison to us. There are three other clubs in the world with our profile and all 3 have some kind of fan ownership that would make acquiring them very difficult (impossible in bayern's case). They simply won't miss out on it. If jassim is genuinely just an individual then it's possible, if he's relying on his dad's money and his dad suddenly decides it isn't worth it any more then they could pull out

kaku06

So he’s pulled out because Glazers aren’t serious about selling which makes SJR favourite even though the Glazers aren’t selling :lol:
You really thought your explanation was needed to prove it’s a bullshit tweet? You make Harold cnut pal seem smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.