Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Right, and Joel and Avram have about 1/3 of that combined. Since an article here mentioned that the Elliot financing would be to buy out that other 2/3, that's 4 billion (based on the Glazer's valuation of 6 billion for the 69%). If they actually believe that valuation, of course.
If twitter rumors are to be believed Jassim's bid is at 5.5b, why on earth would the other Glazers who want out settle for a lower valuation if they reject 5.5b as too low?

If Joel and Avram insist on staying thereby denying the other siblings their payday the wantaway four have the capacity, as a voting block, to disrupt the running of the club or force the duo out from their executive positions. So if they want out they will be paid off at a valuation the Glazers would have demanded from bidders, in the event of no sale.

In this vein the only hope they have is a bidding war but I don't see both parties going into another round if they reject all the current bids. One is bound to pull out and they would be left with one who wont bid against himself. If I was advising either of the front runners I would (a) leak the value of my bid and (b) state that its the highest I am willing to go and thus force them into that minority investment option they are touting which would expose them to angry fans and impossible lending rates because no one is going to pour a couple of billion into a club controlled by those two clowns without a say in how his money will be used.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s not wong. Elliott are predators, they look for vulnerable owners/companies and take advantage of it. They’ll have something written in that if they default on X, Y, Z or don’t meet certain terms then they receive certain perks/shares etc. Milan almost went to the wall

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Irrespective of whose the bidder is if he had bided 5.5b then the Glazers would be A class Aholes to refuse it.

Fanta Stick

My sartorial summation:
Ratcliffe: Doesn't wear a tie to important business meetings (trying too hard to be hip)
Zilliacus: Penchant for tying his sweater around his shoulders (major red flag)
Sheikh Jassim: If I speak, I am in big trouble.

devilish

Firstly, it sounds like they're lining up Paul Mitchell as director of football. This guy is very competent indeed.

Secondly, please be careful with language - 'saddling us with debt' is meant to sound like they'd be Glazers mark 2. But you know perfectly well this is a completely different business model:
- they need the club to grow and be successful to earn anything out of it, unlike the Glazers.
- they have to invest in the squad and infrastructure to make it grow
- the debt would not be on the club, unlike the Glazers
- their need to get a return on investment is not some uniquely evil business practice, it's how 99.99% of these acquisitions are. Even Qatar will want to see some financial gain from it. Boehly needs to turn a profit.
A- I like Paul Mitchell although his recent appointments didn't really went well for him

B- I never said that SJR is Glazers mark 2. However debt will be involved especially around retaining current debt. That's a huge burden on us. There's also no commitment on whether they'll invest on infrastructure either

C- INEOS track record in football is underwhelming at best

AneRu

Irrespective of whose the bidder is if he had bided 5.5b then the Glazers would be A class Aholes to refuse it.
If there is an actual 5.5b bid then they are lucky bastards and playing funny antics now would be pushing it. They have run down the club and it is only down to its committed fan base that there is even someone willing to pay them 5b. But there is a reason why they are incompetent, Malcom and Woodward (for all his faults on the football side) are the only ones who ever had the full version of the gameplan in their heads.

devilish

If there is an actual 5.5b bid then they are lucky bastards and playing funny antics now would be pushing it. They have run down the club and it is only down to its committed fan base that there is even someone willing to pay them 5b. But there is a reason why they are incompetent, Malcom and Woodward (for all his faults on the football side) are the only ones who ever had the full version of the gameplan in their heads.
I agree. United has been losing money for the past 3 years, its infrastructure is crap, we haven't won the title since SAF retired and their customers absolutely hate the owners. Meanwhile interest rates are sky rocketing and most of the owners want out. They should just take the money and flee before the whole thing collapse over them

Even in normal terms there's room for negotiation with the seller reducing the price a little while the buyer going a bit higher. United aren't in great shape at all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
:lol:

The Glazers are within their rights to hold out for more. However, it is a bit crazy on their part to think they will get it.

I hope they get real soon. Otherwise it's hard to see a positive future for United.

AneRu

I agree. United has been losing money for the past 3 years, its infrastructure is crap, we haven't won the title since SAF retired and their customers absolutely hate the owners. Meanwhile interest rates are sky rocketing and most of the owners want out. They should just take the money and flee before the whole thing collapse over them

Even in normal terms there's room for negotiation with the seller reducing the price a little while the buyer going a bit higher. United aren't in great shape at all.
I think both the full buyout bidders should pull out of this comical charade. The market has spoken after signalling their intent to sell only two serious bidders have come in and they have the temerity to hold out for an out of this world valuation! Absolute nonsense.

If they keep on coming for these extra rounds of negotiation then they are giving the Glazers nonexistent leverage. Call their bluff and see if they go into bed with a vulture like Elliot, the club will be available for sale in three or four years anyway after the Glazers have been eaten alive by impossible debt servicing conditions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Qatar and Ineos both submitted bids of around £5bn, which is thought to be well below the Glazers' asking price. There are also multiple offers of financing and minority investment, including from Elliott Management.

Nobody knows what will happen next, but the general assumption is that there will be a further round of bidding early next month.
The bids could be bigger. Reports suggested over 5bn with Sportico saying SJ bid closer to 6bn.

Let’s see.

devilish

I think both the full buyout bidders should pull out of this comical charade. The market has spoken after signalling their intent to sell only two serious bidders have come in and they have the temerity to hold out for an out of this world valuation! Absolute nonsense.

If they keep on coming for these extra rounds of negotiation then they are giving the Glazers nonexistent leverage. Call their bluff and see if they go into bed with a vulture like Elliot, the club will be available for sale in three or four years anyway after the Glazers have been eaten alive by impossible debt servicing conditions.
Unfortunately football is the biggest sport in the world and out of the big 4 (ie United, Barca, Real and Bayern) only one can be realistically bought. That's why despite we're in a financial shambles, these vultures are able to away with these things

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Apologies if this has been addressed before. Are there rules, like an auction? Do the Glazers have to sell to the highest bidder? Or if a lower bid suited them better, might they opt for that?

devilish

Apologies if this has been addressed before. Are there rules, like an auction? Do the Glazers have to sell to the highest bidder? Or if a lower bid suited them better, might they opt for that?
The Glazers can sell it to whoever they want

rizx

Why are so many people relying on Solhekol anyways, dude's very NOT reliable

M4YON

I love that shit sources keep being posted and reacted to, people are only driving themselves insane at this point.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You may be right. It's easy to say without being in that position. I was saying it a little tongue in cheek. It was more a comment on how insane these numbers are. That there are people that could give away 90%+ of their wealth and still be a literal BILLIONAIRE.
They don't like that way though. That's the point.

I don't know any obviously but aren't billionaires meant to be tight as cramp. Having money is like a drug to them. They don't want to let it go.

Mindhunter

This is becoming an Indian soap opera style drama where things change every second. I better leave this thread and only return when there is something substantial to react to. Glazer's are going to eventually get what they want through sheer brinkmanship. It's so sad how they have ruined the club we all love so dearly. They stripped it off its financial muscle, it's competitive edge, and now even its dignity.

Hope this nightmare comes to an end soon. That's all I can wish.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is becoming an Indian soap opera style drama where things change every second. I better leave this thread and only return when there is something substantial to react to. Glazer's are going to eventually get what they want through sheer brinkmanship. It's so sad how they have ruined the club we all love so dearly. They stripped it off its financial muscle, it's competitive edge, and now even its dignity.

Hope this nightmare comes to an end soon. That's all I can wish.
Its no different than most transfer saga threads. At least 75% of the posts are needless and usually involve people wanting to be a part of a discussion despite not actually having anything meaningful to say.

Mindhunter

Its no different than most transfer saga threads. At least 75% of the posts are needless and usually involve people wanting to be a part of a discussion despite not actually having anything meaningful to say.
I understand what you are saying but transfer muppetery still gets us excited due to the possible signing of a transfer target. This one just makes me depressed. It will be more relief than anything else when these leeches are finally gone after one final payoff by touting the club around.

Then they will go away into the sunset, living the rest of their lives as crazy rich billionaires after decimating a once revered institution.

AlPistacho

yeah the numbers don't work for a partial sale

I doubt Qatar or SJR are buying that story either, its clearly nonsense
I think partial sale will value the club lower but give the funds required to invest and (in their hope) increase the value in 5-15 years time to more than £5b today plus inflation

Appletonred

Can see the 2 main bidders being brought into the exclusivity zone for the sale of the club probably in the next week or so, wouldn't be too concerned about the Glazers staying, they simply can't afford to they really can't, the time has come for them to cash out, that's the reality.

Spoony

The People's President
I think partial sale will value the club lower but give the funds required to invest and (in their hope) increase the value in 5-15 years time to more than £5b today plus inflation
That's hoping some flithy rich state comes in for United. They’re not stupid.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Why would they sale parts of their shares and then give it to the club? I keep reading this and it makes me want to cry. These parasites never put a dolar into the club. They will not start putting now when world economy is falling apart.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He is the reason i stopped watching Sky Skoprt News, cant stand the captain obvious comments, anyone who spent 5 minutes on Twitter knows more than this repetition merchant.
I think a lot of the journos are struggling to appear relevant and well informed despite not having much in the way of meaningful information. Most of these guys probably know one or two people who are tangentially informed about various updates in the process, and are using the slightest bit of information they get via text to create dramatic, breaking news updates. They are also spurred on by the knowledge that fans are desperate for updates (such as in this thread).

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely it's ok to have nothing really meaningful to say but still be part of a discussion on here.

AlexUTD

I think a lot of the journos are struggling to appear relevant and well informed despite not having much in the way of meaningful information. Most of these guys probably know one or two people that is tangentially informed about various updates in the process, and are using the slightest bit of information they get via text to create dramatic, breaking news updates. They are also spurred on by the knowledge that fans are desperate for updates (such as in this thread).
Yeah all the big news channels and outlets repeat Manchester United stories to death because they get so much views by doing it.

Can`t fault them that i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.