Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

Funny thing I see with stuff like this is the only people ever offended is people on behalf of say the Sheikh's in this case..

Saw a video of a guy dressed in mexican garb and the only ones offended were your typical crowd, the mexican people he asked loved it.
Karens

red thru&thru

Here's what I don't get about a potential Elliot bid.

Joel and Avram combined own about 33% of the voting rights (of the 69%). If they value that 69% at 6 billion, then to buy out the rest of the family, they need to borrow 4 billion. Why would that benefit them? Even a 0% interest deal from Elliot would still require massive investment in infrastructure and elsewhere to get out of the financial mess the club is in and even THINK about increasing the value of the club.

It just makes no sense.
It makes no sense. No one yet, who believes they will stay, have been able to explain a viable option which means that they will stay.

Even if all the siblings stay and give up some shares to Elliot, they would be expected to reinvest that money (something which they've not done in the past 18 years), and bank on being successful, to somehow grow the club to a point where they will make more than the $1bn they're apparently looking for now. All whilst paying the stupid interest fees which Elliot will charge them.

And let's not forget, there is already a small pool of people who will pay $6bn. You p*ss these off now, do you think they'll be around next time around?

Gurtej

I perhaps am one of those who don’t think there is any change for glazers not selling.
They will sell.

It isn’t about their reputation within Manchester United fans that’s at stake, it’s the wider business community that they need to interact on regular basis or future opportunities. Trust still matters in business and I don’t think they would want to rock that boat especially if the offers they are receiving are attractive already.

Also why haggle for another 0.5b when you can use the 5.5b (eg) to find another opportunity where you can get 5-10x in 10-20 years, something United won’t be able to deliver at their expected valuation.

I am sure they would not want this whole exercise to be seen as a way to con market and raise external investment, there is too much to lose in a broader context with these tactics.

stevoc

Haven’t seen anyone mention it yet but the big question here is.

On which page did people start referring to Sheikh Jassim as SJ?

Surely a person needs 3 names/titles like Sir Alex Ferguson or Erik Ten Hag before their name gets abbreviated to just initials?

AlPistacho

I think a lot of the journos are struggling to appear relevant and well informed despite not having much in the way of meaningful information. Most of these guys probably know one or two people who are tangentially informed about various updates in the process, and are using the slightest bit of information they get via text to create dramatic, breaking news updates. They are also spurred on by the knowledge that fans are desperate for updates (such as in this thread).
Interesting point and says a lot about them. All feel the need to inform and dictate. When really they could drive traffic and clicks by just discussing with their audience in the absence of any intel or developments that they’re aware of.

antsmithmk

Hates women.

Surely a person needs 3 names/titles like Sir Alex Ferguson or Erik Ten Hag before their name gets abbreviated to just initials?
An important question being raised by s here

AlPistacho

The guy’s dad is called “ Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber bin Mohammed bin Thani Al Thani” you can take a guess at how many names he has but I’m certain it’s more than 3

For those that are curious the bin = “Son of”
So he’s most likely Jassim bin Hamad bin Jassim ……………. So SJH?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Not sure the S is necessary either. His dad is HBJ so surely he should be JBH. Cos that’s not confusing at all! :houllier:

laughtersassassin

If it truly is 6 billion or nothing for the Glazers I expect we will see a minority deal done with Elliott instead which will put the club in a dire position of course.

If our only options involve the Glazers and or Elliot, then I'd rather Jim make a deal with Elliott than see the Glazers stay on in any capacity.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Too Jassy for you?

stevoc

The guy’s dad is called “ Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber bin Mohammed bin Thani Al Thani” you can take a guess at how many names he has but I’m certain it’s more than 3

For those that are curious the bin = “Son of”
So he’s most likely Jassim bin Hamad bin Jassim ……………. So SJH?
:lol:

It's definitely more than 3. And SJH would be more appropriate.

But if we want to get pedantic then most people have 3-4 names if you include their middle names.

The point of my tongue in cheek post was that Sheikh Jassim is being shortened to SJ for no apparent reason.

No ones ever called Sir Alex, SA or Erik Ten ET for example.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
945 pages to say Qatar are buying us because they have the most money.

Ottawa MLS Fan

:lol:

It's definitely more than 3. And SJH would be more appropriate.

But if we want to get pedantic then most people have 3-4 names if you include their middle names.

The point of my tongue in cheek post was that Sheikh Jassim is being shortened to SJ for no apparent reason.

No ones ever called Sir Alex, SA or Erik Ten ET for example.
And SJ isn’t the best abbreviation in this case, because it could equally refer to Sir Jim.

city-puma

Yeah 69% is what all the Glazers own, which makes it rather apparent that them pushing for a valuation of £6b is sort of shooting themselves (Joel and Avram) in the foot because that's the valuation that will be used to determine what is due to the other 4 who want out now.

With banks on the rope in the States a lender like Elliot will be demanding something like 10-15% in interests of the circa £2.5b that will be needed to buyout the rest. In addition to the existing debt and first team needs this will be unsustainable and will lead to forced sales of players on big contracts which will kill off the club as a competitive force and affect its ability to generate high revenues needed to service both debts.

Pretty soon, if this happens, we will be in 'the sale and lease' of Old Trafford territory and you wonder how the fans will react to that. In a few years there will be a football regulator and this will drastically reduce the type of owners allowed in the game and possibly affect the shareholding structures of clubs to allow fan involvement in key decisions. All of this will drive valuations down.

If they are in it for the money, this is their last chance of a big pay off imo.
Elliot’s lending for AC Milan takeover has the rate above 20%. Just saying.

DownRiver

I would hazard a guess that if the Qataris offered 5.5b with full removal of debt, and Ratcliff offered 5.6b without removal of debt, they would pick Ratfcliff to buy the club. That is how much they don’t care about how good the new owners will be for new club they owned for 20yrs.

Trophy Room

Looks like the Qatari bid know that the Glazers are playing a game. They’ll probably submit a bid if they have assurances that the sale will go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.