Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Yeah, let's just stick with owners who come from a country that routinely mows down kids while they are learning 2 + 2 and still support law enforcement that just love to use black people as target practice whilst our own people regularly abuse black players on social media.
Coming from a country and running a country are very different things but then you already know that.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Reading FT article makes it sound like its not state backed. Not sure if it is just to avoid ownership criticism
Correct but as part of the royal family they can just shuffle assets about and do what that like with their wealth , none of it is disclosed and won’t need to be.

He can spend 10bln if he wants and they’ll just shuffle the cash over if needed.

But that level of investment isn’t needed. As soon as they wipe the debt and the outstanding transfer fees we can literally outspend any other non state backed club but again no need to as the investment needs smart people in the right places .

Funny now how Keegan becomes our T1

Sushi Kagawa

The potential Qatari owners DO NOT want to make ANY money from #mufc.

[via @SkyNews] #MUFC

bonsaiboy

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason.

What is going on here? I thought redcafe is supposed to be a positively selected sample of our global fanbase. I'm not recognising it here.

Are we really going to throw our values out the window at the first smell of some cash for a couple of trophies? So we (as a fanbase) were just pretending our outrage at city and chelsea for the last 15years?

I think I'm even more saddened by the reaction of our fanbase than by the prospect of having to stop supporting this club after 20+years. We are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Where is the outrage?
Honest question, what do you want us to be outraged at? The human rights stuff or the outrageous money stuff? If the latter, this is (hopefully) a different story. We've always had the revenue to spend big even without owner investment - in fact, even with our owners taking money from the club. City's fortune came from nowhere - a small, failing club bought and invested in through dodgy sponsorship deals and shady money management.

Even with a rich owner there's no need for any of that dodginess. We don't need inflated sponsorship deals. We should be self-sustaining still when it comes to transfers with the benefit that profits don't need to go into paying down debt or dividends and that we can upgrade facilities without loading up further debt. That's harder to justify but as long as it's done within the rules I don't see the issue. Businesses get bought all the time and have their debts repaid, this is really no different.

The human rights issue is by far the thornier issue and I'm still not sure how to feel about it.

RedStarUnited

So this Qatari consortium isn't as wealthy as we hoped huh? Would Ineos actually be the better option?
No because Jim wants to use loans. We dont need a super wealthy guy we just need a guy that can take the debts away. United can self sustain in the transfer market.

MDFC Manager

So this Qatari consortium isn't as wealthy as we hoped huh? Would Ineos actually be the better option?
Nope. INEOS are going to use the likes of Goldman Sachs to fund their bid. feck knows what that would mean for our finances in the longer term.

FujiVice

Let us not pretend its anything its not. Its clearly state backed and some pretend Man United fan is heading it so you dont think they own PSG and Man United as well. Its clear as day its state funded.

hp88

SJR / Ineos is Glazer 2.0, they will need to borrow some cash to finance the move which in one way or another will end up hurting us.

Pickle85

So they’re going to spend money on the squad. What’s new? We’ve spent a crapload in the last decade anyway and saying they’re going to spend absurd money is guesswork. There’s legitimate reasons to not want them as owners but saying we’d be on some sort of cheat-code is not one of them.
Absurd money. If you think otherwise then you're dreaming. See PSG.

AlPistacho

Jim is emptying his desk drawers out looking for some tippex.
He’s desperately calling his local bank, “I’ve borrowed £3b, can you spot me another £1b… it’s Ratcliff not the Glazer just more debt than the Glazers”

OverratedOpinion

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason.

What is going on here? I thought redcafe is supposed to be a positively selected sample of our global fanbase. I'm not recognising it here.

Are we really going to throw our values out the window at the first smell of some cash for a couple of trophies? So we (as a fanbase) were just pretending our outrage at city and chelsea for the last 15years?

I think I'm even more saddened by the reaction of our fanbase than by the prospect of having to stop supporting this club after 20+years. We are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Where is the outrage?
I'm outraged at your racial and religious intolerance if that helps.

Not really. Don't give a feck. Just wanted to see if I could beat you at your virtue signalling game. It's football mate, will be fun to see Mbappe score hat tricks.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Technically wont be a conflict of interest with PSG. But in reality it will be.

clarkydaz

So they’re going to spend money on the squad. What’s new? We’ve spent a crapload in the last decade anyway and saying they’re going to spend absurd money is guesswork. There’s legitimate reasons to not want them as owners but saying we’d be on some sort of cheat-code is not one of them.
We're actually going to be built for success for a change

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So if we go head to head for a player which both PSG and United want, who will be preferred?

MDFC Manager

Don't take this set up mentioned at face value. It will be state backed just presented as not to distance themselves from PSG ownership.
Ooh absolutely. Would be naive to think otherwise.

Don't be surprised to see a similarly setup Saudi bid being disclosed shortly

Withnail

No because Jim wants to use loans. We dont need a super wealthy guy we just need a guy that can take the debts away. United can self sustain in the transfer market.
Nope. INEOS are going to use the likes of Goldman Sachs to fund their bid. feck knows what that would mean for our finances in the longer term.
INEOS has an absolutely massive cashflow. They can absorb the kind of debt they'd need to take on for the deal.

Any new owner will have to wipe the debt anyway. With FFP and Uniteds current finances the way they are we're fecked with that debt on the club.

seegoblu

Where's the Saudi bid? I wouldn't be surprised to see that it is in the same ballpark as the Qatari bid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We always knew we'd be able to spend on players, but hearing heavy investment into youth and facilities is what I wanted.

Will be interesting to see how the other bids compare.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Technically wont be a conflict of interest with PSG. But in reality it will be.
I think they will move away from PSG in the future

They only bought them to win the World Cup bid and the league interest is so low in Qatar

Pretty hard to build a CL winning team when you play in crap opponents every week

If you spend £5 billion on Man Utd in the best league in the world why have any effort in a club you got for £200m in such a boring league no one watches or cares about

Like the next time they want to spend their money on a Mbappe I would assume they would rather transfer them to us

Status
Not open for further replies.