Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I mean, just say you want your team to be successful and you don't care about discussing Qatar's political/human rights issues? The bolded part is just naive mealy-mouthing.
I involve myself with Utd through watching TV, listening to the radio, reading the news, coming on the CAF, for a significant proportion of my time every day and wanting my team to be successful is an emotional highlight for me.

On the other hand, if I am honest, I don't really care about Qatar's political/human rights issues and if it wasn't for takeover talk ,I would never even think about them.
I don't think I am a bad immoral person but quite frankly concerning myself with a country thousands of miles away which I have absolutely no personal or emotional connection to when there are enough issues in my own country seems a lot of effort and time I dont have.

That's a long winded way of saying I really don't care about discussing Qatar's issues but I would love them to make Utd the top team in the world.

I'd bet most Utd fans if they were really honest with themselves would agree

Reactions: Sultan

seegoblu

Today's tweet storm has two bits of info that I find intriguing.

First, the personal preference of the Glazer family about who the next owners will be has been assumed to be simply about the bidder hitting the Glazer's ask (or the closest to the hole). The tidbit about the Glazers not warming to SJR isn't illuminating, but the idea that the Glazers are considering what a winning Qatari bid will unlock for them in the region should not be undersold.

Second, if UEFA really will repeal the "ban" against multi-club ownership in the same competition, I wonder if this will be a big reveal (like some game show where the mask comes off)...and the bid starts to morph into a QIA bid without the likely artifice of a straw man bidder as many suspect the current Qatari bid to be.

Gazza

I involve myself with Utd through watching TV, listening to the radio, reading the news, coming on the CAF, for a significant proportion of my time every day and wanting my team to be successful is an emotional highlight for me.

On the other hand, if I am honest, I don't really care about Qatar's political/human rights issues and if it wasn't for takeover talk ,I would never even think about them.
I don't think I am a bad immoral person but quite frankly concerning myself with a country thousands of miles away which I have absolutely no personal or emotional connection to when there are enough issues in my own country seems a lot of effort and time I dont have.

That's a long winded way of saying I really don't care about discussing Qatar's issues but I would love them to make Utd the top team in the world.

That's absolutely fine -- you are being up front and honest, and not hiding behind some baseless theoretical justification, which was the post I was responding to.

Having said that, you're not really in a position to surmise what "most United fans" would say or do, and neither am I, so that's more than a bit of a reach.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Today's tweet storm has two bits of info that I find intriguing.

First, the personal preference of the Glazer family about who the next owners will be has been assumed to be simply about the bidder hitting the Glazer's ask (or the closest to the hole). The tidbit about the Glazers not warming to SJR isn't illuminating, but the idea that the Glazers are considering what a winning Qatari bid will unlock for them in the region should not be undersold.

Second, if UEFA really will repeal the "ban" against multi-club ownership in the same competition, I wonder if this will be a big reveal (like some game show where the mask comes off)...and the bid starts to morph into a QIA bid without the likely artifice of a straw man bidder as many suspect the current Qatari bid to be.
I think we have a bingo.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool

I do completely agree with this sentiment.
But I also have some hope that them being heavily involved with the west may make some smaller changes for the better back home.

If that makes me naïve so be it but my original point stands and I am in alignment with your thinking.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The Masked Bidder:lol:

Im pitching it to Netflix

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I mean, just say you want your team to be successful and you don't care about discussing Qatar's political/human rights issues? The bolded part is just naive mealy-mouthing.
Correct , I am naïve and I do think even if it’s small changes it can happen, whereas completely blocking it out does not open that avenue for change.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

This is a good post. And you are right, you’re not a bad person. You’re a normal bloke like the rest of us.
Thing is, we should all consider what the cost is of ‘them making Utd the best team in the world’, and that’s why this discussion is important.

Gazza

Correct , I am naïve and I do think even if it’s small changes it can happen, whereas completely blocking it out does not open that avenue for change.
It’s very naive and unrealistic too, doesn’t really feel like that approach fits in any remotely realistic discussion of the matters tbh.

Abdullah7

But what exactly is happene?
+ ing :drool:

@Wumminator why are you trying to be little me?

I've loved United through thick and thin for more than 20 years. I'm as committed as any United fan. You're letting yourself down here man.

you so blatantly ridiculed that it's not that rewarding to love a team outside of your own country ? please explain yourself.

Why? You aleady own one third of the UK

Man United has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

AlPistacho

Yes, I thought you were being a smart arse. This thread is full of ‘em.
If not I apologise, I’m sorry.

That said the comparison proves nothing as PSG feminin are very much the after thought behind the men’s team and also struggle to overcome OL feminin. There certainly hasn’t been an explosion of winning under the Qataris and like the men’s team PSG proves that it takes more than endless money to get success.
For all the premier leagues dominance, how often do Premier League teams actually win the CL?

During the mid 00s, a peak, just Liverpool and United. In the 10s… Chelsea, Liverpool, Chelsea. That’s 5 premier league teams winning the CL since since 2000, 22 attempts.

Woziak

Does it matter whether they’ve warmed to a potential buyer? Unless they’re thinking of staying involved.
Nah this is; Geezer bid is too low but the only viable option to Qatar, hopefully he will now up his bid to £5bn so we can squeeze the Qataris to finally bid £5.2-5.3bn

city-puma

Btw, just found out today, Glazer Joel freshly took 1.7m A shares last year, and his sister Darcie has been holding 600k A shares for at least two years.

KungPaoChicken

Even in the unlikely scenario Ineos did end up bidding lets say 5% more than qataris. I belive glazers would pick the qataris beacause a good relationship with basically an entre Nation is Worth more than a good relationship with relationship. The glazers would probably be given some decent investment possibilities as a thank you.

Would you choose to receive 100m pounds by being forced to live in luton for a year or would you take 95m pounds, but have to settle in Mauritius for the same period of time?

Fluctuation0161

Even in the unlikely scenario Ineos did end up bidding lets say 5% more than qataris. I belive glazers would pick the qataris beacause a good relationship with basically an entre Nation is Worth more than a good relationship with relationship. The glazers would probably be given some decent investment possibilities as a thank you.

Would you choose to receive 100m pounds by being forced to live in luton for a year or would you take 95m pounds, but have to settle in Mauritius for the same period of time?
What your saying is, you think Qatar could offer back handers?

sepulturite

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
What the feck is this about? I live in Ireland so therefore support the club from another country too, do you have the same issues with me? Or is it just because of where that particular poster comes from?

KungPaoChicken

What your saying is, you think Qatar could offer back handers?
Not necessarily back handers. Just being on good terms with a royal family which bascially rules a nation would certainly open some doors. Hey Joel and Avram, I have this piece of land you can buy from me for a decent price, you want to build a Shopping Center or Hotel there?

Woziak

For all the premier leagues dominance, how often do Premier League teams actually win the CL?

During the mid 00s, a peak, just Liverpool and United. In the 10s… Chelsea, Liverpool, Chelsea. That’s 5 premier league teams winning the CL since since 2000, 22 attempts.
Spanish teams 10, England 5, Italy 3, Germany 3, Portugal 1

But now look at finalists in those 22 attempts England 9, Italy 4, Spain 3, Germany 4, France 2

So combined finalists in those 22 years are ; England 14, Spain 13, Italy 7, Germany 7, France 2, Portugal 1

The Spanish performances are dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona with Atletico and Valencia always losing and their attempts are 22 years ago, The English teams just don’t win or end up playing each other quite frequently. But they have produced a finalist of the CL from every team in the so called top 6 with these results ; Liverpool 2/5 wins, Chelsea 2/3, Man united 1/3, Arsenal 0/1, City 0/1, Spurs 0/1. Let’s consider both Barcelona and Madrid 10 finals they’ve won all 10 of them combined in this period they just win unlike English teams that have 36% win rate or Germany and Italy who have 43% win rate, the two Spanish super clubs take their country win rate to 72%, Madrid have won 14 and Barcelona 5 overall that’s 19 to Englands 14 (Liverpool 6, United 3, Forrest 2, Chelsea 2, Villa 1)

Has any other Spanish team won EC/CL ?

Appletonred

Suspect that this will be pretty much wrapped up by this time next month, Qatar overwhelming favourites, bound to be offers of business investments for the Glazers from Qatar to help sweeten the deal.

Cloud7

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
Wow

always_hoping

looking more like investment than a takeover? if so we aren't going to get rid of the Glazers as we originally hoped!

Fluctuation0161

Not necessarily back handers. Just being on good terms with a royal family which bascially rules a nation would certainly open some doors. Hey Joel and Avram, I have this piece of land you can buy from me for a decent price, you want to build a Shopping Center or Hotel there?
Sounds like a back hander to me. I'm not saying you're wrong BTW. You're probably right.

Similar to Pep Guardiola's brother and Girona.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions

Status
Not open for further replies.