Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

I'm not talking about qualifying for it, I'm talking more about their overall success in the CL - which is better than ours or any other PL club. I don't think it has anything to do with the Bundesliga ownership rules, but rather that Bayern are consistently very well run, which shows you don't need to be owned by oil money to be successful at the highest level. The guy that owns Arsenal isn't worth very much, but seems to have them back again (blud) as well.
They have easy access to poach most of the talents within the league. Makes it much easier when you get prime access to such talents.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Both main bidders haven't bid thus journalists from both sides were caught with their pants down. It kind of confirms what we already know. Sports journalists aren't very good
Journos often have one source that feed them info that is speculative at best by the source, and the journos still go out with it because it buys them credibility to be perceived as reporting information on a particular subject. That's precisely what is happening here. No one knows much, but journos like Kaveh are still going out with a daily drip so they can continue to appear relevant and well informed.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They have easy access to poach most of the talents within the league. Makes it much easier when you get prime access to such talents.
I agree they can poach German talent at will, but that has little to do with CL success.

Capwn

Agreed. Get rid of the Glazers and the debt and we're back in business with just about any owner. The club generates enough money on its own to keep us competitive among the other big clubs.
That's not really true. The club generates around 600 - 650 million pounds and our wage bill alone takes 400 million away. That leaves us 200m odd to spend on transfers, stadium and other various expences.

redsunited

Do you think Bayern are doomed to eternal mediocrity because they aren’t owned by an autocratic middle eastern oil and gas state ?
Completely different situation. Anyone who pays glazers are overpaying way too much to buy the club. On top of it, they need to find money for Stadium, training facilities and squad build. If they already borrowed money max they could afford to buying glazers shares, then good luck for any money for essential spend. For example, Dont rule out selling all future income to borrow like next 10 years tv contract sale like Barca etc to dig a huge hole for United into administration.

Quite simply the situation could become worse than glazers. Greedy glazers will finally feck the club permanently if they sell it to another person who struggles with overpaying.

Is Ratcliffe buying United by selling his shares from Ineos and keeping it debt free other than the glazers debt and also has money to invest in stadium? In that case not an issue. If it is bought on debt from anything else, then worse than glazers.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's not really true. The club generates around 600 - 650 million pounds and our wage bill alone takes 400 million away. That leaves us 200m odd to spend on transfers, stadium and other various expences.
As mentioned before, the cost of infrastructure and investment would be absorbed by the buyer, as opposed to now where it simply isn't happening because the Glazers don't care and/or are too much in debt to do anything about it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Or they found out about each other's bid and need to recalculate before submitting?
My blood pressure goes up just thinking of this -- trying to do all that in 7 days. Discovering mistakes in your spreadsheets etc or finding out new legal/contractual obligations even for my rinky-dink businesses.
I cant imagine the pressure of trying to figure out a re-jigged business case after this.
Most journalists had claimed that SJR or/and jassim has bidded only for them to end with one hell of an egg on their face. Its evident that there is little journalism in sports journalism. It's all about printing the PR BS of owners or agents

Capwn

As mentioned before, the cost of infrastructure and investment would be absorbed by the buyer, as opposed to now where it simply isn't happening because the Glazers don't care and/or are too much in debt to do anything about it.
Thats true. Looking at how little they put into infrastructure,it's obvious they don't see united as their home. They're just here to squeeze maximum return which is what businessmen do. Football is a feelings business and they have no feelings for us.

city-puma

By September 2022, the financial situation is, in millions,
Cash: 24.3
Total debt: 856.8
Revenue Adj: 600.4
Net Income, Adj: —129.2

Really bad! Broken. Remember that a big portion of our debt is from a receiver IR swap. The current high interest rate (still going up) results in much higher payments to service it.

MF1138

Shouldn't we worry about SJR though? This is his second late bid (ie United and Chelsea) after all.
Less worried because I don't think he'll win. Also Its been said about him quite a lot before so nothing new.

AshRK

I agree they can poach German talent at will, but that has little to do with CL success.
Well it defenitely helps. Getting Lewandowski for free, going and getting free hands on signing top talents like Kimmich, Goretzka, Upamaceno, Gnabry, even this winter in Sommer. These are core talents that may help them win another CL. The point is Manchester United or other english clubs do not have that privilege. Imagine us having free reign to just sign all the brighton talents for cheap or poaching Saka on a free contract without competition. Bundesliga clubs are feeder clubs to Bayern

Water Melon

Really bad! Broken.
Fecking leeches. The sooner we are rid of the rats, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capwn

Really bad! Broken.
My head wants Qatar and my heart is indecisive. Qatar will use is for sportswashing but ineos will too. Thing is, ineos doesn't abuse my countrymen's rights.

MF1138

Most journalists had claimed that SJR or/and jassim has bidded only for them to end with one hell of an egg on their face. Its evident that there is little journalism in sports journalism. It's all about printing the PR BS of owners or agents
This is my problem though because most of what we know about Jassim and his bid comes through the PR bullshit.

Rolaholic

A bunch of the complaints about United and the lack of spending translate across pretty well to Bayern. They lost Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Lewandowski, over the years... they're replaced none of these players over time with big money signings. They don't have a top striker, they replaced most of the last generation with academy players or players that other teams didn't want... and yet they're among the favorites to win the UCL, again. Says something about how absolutely vital money is to being competitive :rolleyes:
That's hardly been the case has it though?

They've spent on some of the best young talents around at their position.

The likes of Sane, Davies, Hernandez, Upamecano and De Ligt weren't exactly cheap...

They obviously get German talent left and right for either peanuts or straight up free but the notion that they haven't spent much to maintain their high level in Europe simply hasn't been true in recent years.

They get their domestic players from rivals for discount sums that we could only dream of in the Premier League but they do show good ambition in the market when opportunities arise as well.

It's that mixture that makes it so sustainable for them, a similar situation simply doesn't exist in England where all of the domestic rivals are extremely wealthy on their own and can afford to squeeze unreasonable sums for their talent.

Bayern are smartly ran yes but let's not overlook just how much of a massive structural advantage that having effectively an absolute monopoly on their leagues best talent is compared to European rivals. It's a very enviable position to be in.

Tommy79

I'm talking more about their overall success in the CL - which is better than ours or any other PL club

The guy that owns Arsenal isn't worth very much, but seems to have them back again (blud) as well.
Hmm, BM have won 3 CL in 47 years and have 6 in all, Liverpool have six and have won them in that same 47-year period where BM won 3 from 1975/76 till now, so based on that Liverpool have been the better side in Europe than them.

I don't know if you are being funny due to the owner been a fellow yank or just getting bad info, but he is worth 12.9 billion, hardly bloody chump change now is it.

Teja

A bunch of the complaints about United and the lack of spending translate across pretty well to Bayern. They lost Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Lewandowski, over the years... they're replaced none of these players over time with big money signings. They don't have a top striker, they replaced most of the last generation with academy players or players that other teams didn't want... and yet they're among the favorites to win the UCL, again. Says something about how absolutely vital money is to being competitive :rolleyes:
Bayern get a free pass on all of the talent in Germany so it's hardly comparable. It's hard to compare to RM and Barca too because of their history but it's a fairer comparison.

And yeah as others have pointed out they have had a ton of big money signings after the schweinstieger, lahm generationm

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hmm, BM have won 3 CL in 47 years and have 6 in all, Liverpool have six and have won them in that same 47-year period where BM won 3 from 1975/76 till now, so based on that Liverpool have been the better side in Europe than them.

I don't know if you are being funny due to the owner been a fellow yank or just getting bad info, but he is worth 12.9 billion, hardly bloody chump change now is it.
I’m talking during the actual Champions League era since the early 90s, which is a pretty good sampling of recent history. Bayern have won more matches than anyone except Madrid during that period, and have made six finals.

Last edited:

Tommy79

I’m talking during the actual Champions League era since the early 90s, which is a pretty good sampling of recent history. Bayern have won more matches than anyone except Madrid during that period.
Ah sound, so they won more matches other than RM, thanks didn't know that, So for all that winning, they have won one more than us and Liverpool, hardly something to get that excited over Raoul given back when it started we were fecked thanks to the 3-man rule, where Irish, Welsh and Scots were considered foreigners by Uefa, so 3 from Peter, Denis, Keane, Eric, McClair, Hughes, GIggs and AK could only play, and they were the main players in that team/squad, whereas BM were always mostly back then Germans.

Now if they had won their six overall in that period (1992-2022) yeah that be something, but RM doing it 3 times back to back sort of diminish that BM feat (3) seeing it was done over a 20-year period, and they normally get a free run in their league so it gives them the chance to rest key players in league matches given how poor the German league really is.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ah sound, so they won more matches other than RM, thanks didn't know that, So for all that winning, they have won one more than us and Liverpool, hardly something to get that excited over Raoul given back when it started we were fecked thanks to the 3-man rule, where Irish, Welsh and Scots were considered foreigners by Uefa, so 3 from Peter, Denis, Keane, Eric, McClair, Hughes and AK could only play, whereas BM were always mostly back than Germans.

Now if they had won their six overall in that period (1992-2022) yeah that be something, but RM doing it 3 times back to back sort of diminish that feat seeing it was done over a 20-year period, and they normally get a free run in their league so it gives them the chance to rest key players in league matches given how poor the German league really is.
They’ve won 3 and made six finals. The entire point of the Bayern derailment in this thread was to show clubs who don’t have oligarchs or sheikhs can be successful in the CL. Bayern have done it, as have several other clubs. A list that doesn’t include the mighty City and PSG. If clubs take on a mentality that the only path to success is to buy it through mega billionaire owners, then that is one nail in the coffin of football as we know it.

red thru&thru

I meant the 31% owners, the investment groups that own the odd 6/7%s. United is a cash cow for them as well, not just for the Glazers.
No one ever seem to discuss how they have been milking us too.Do they think handing their shares back is good business long term?
Cash cow? Just out of curiosity, how much do the 31% earn in dividends for their percentage of ownership to be called a cash cow?

red thru&thru

Both main bidders haven't bid thus journalists from both sides were caught with their pants down. It kind of confirms what we already know. Sports journalists aren't very good
Rob Harris of Sky isn't a sports journalist, and he said both had bid.

Also, where do you think any journalist get their information from?

MF1138

Both bidders are relying heavily on leaks
We know a lot more substantial information about Ineos for good or for bad. Plus there are plenty of questions being asked or comments being made about their suitability from a footballing perspective. More importantly, I don't think they'll win.

So I'm more worried about the substance of the Qatari bid and whether they are on the level. For one either they're lying about not being a state bid or they're a group of unknown investors fronted by a guy who is something of an unknown quantity. People have been running around saying they would just blow everyone out of the water with their bid, but they then need more time to put it in. Might be nothing or perhaps they indeed are just a group of Qatari investors and they're in need of more backers to get the deal done. Or perhaps Jassims father got a look at the financials of the club and isn't as enamored with the deal as his Son. Jassim might be 100% on the level about what he wants for the club, but if the money isn't coming from him what's to say the other players in the bid are of the same mind.

We currently have owners that say one thing but will happily do something else, so I'm not inclined to take the next bunch on face value, whomever they may be.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I have just realised QIA owns 6.3% of Barclays. So.... theyre in the league already.

Status
Not open for further replies.