Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s for the 69% which is 100% of the Class B Shares. Ratcliffe already said he has no plans to buy the public shares so the figures quoted do not include them.
No that’s completely wrong. It’s for their share
The 6bn is JUST for the Glazers 69%? :eek::eek::eek:

That’s not what I heard/read but okay. They really are greedy thieving scum aren’t they?!

VixV

Ratcliffe declined to comment because his bid is an embarrassment compared to Jassim's.

MiamiSpartan

Of course they wouldn't which is what I've been trying to explain in here. If jassim is offering 7bn dollars which ok might be for the entire club, and not just the Glazers share, let's assume that. That means that 20% is 1.4 bn. By the current market cap, 20% is about 600m I think. So they'd need the club to double in value from the current share price being offered to 7bn and even then they'd still be short, and they'd have lost out on what they could have made investing 1.4bn in investments with better, steady returns. If anyone thinks a super league would double the value of the club, I think they're out of their mind. And a super league is by no means a sure bet given the UK government made a statement saying they would stop it
If the Glazers kept 20%, they wouldn't be Class A shares on the open stock market. So they'll be worth whatever someone wants to pay in the future.

Will the club go up in value? Probably under new control. Hypothetically if SJR has 5bn to spend, and pays 3bn to get 50% (at the Glazers 6bn total valuation), then he would have another 2bn to invest into the infrastructure. That alone would increase the club's value significantly without the Glazers spending a dime. So in a few years, their 20% is worth more than it is now.

Of course, how SJR might structure such a deal or what he would invest in infrastructure is just a hypothetical. We don't know what anyone is really bidding. We only know what the parties involved want us to think is going on.

Dazzmondo

I don't think the Glazers will be able to retain any real voting power regardless of which of Ratcliffe or Sheikh Jassim win. That being said I think Ratcliffe sounds like a disaster waiting to happen in his own right who clearly has no interest in removing our debt and I don't believe for a second we'll see the same sort of investment that we would if Sheikh Jassim were to win. Just as I have been from the start fully hoping for Jassim to win because it's in the best interests of bringing success to the club.

el3mel

Say what you want about them, but I'm pretty sure Qatar will renovate United. The club will become completely different and in a good way.

We're about to enter another golden era.

Status
Not open for further replies.