Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm99

If the Glazers kept 20%, they wouldn't be Class A shares on the open stock market. So they'll be worth whatever someone wants to pay in the future.

Will the club go up in value? Probably under new control. Hypothetically if SJR has 5bn to spend, and pays 3bn to get 50% (at the Glazers 6bn total valuation), then he would have another 2bn to invest into the infrastructure. That alone would increase the club's value significantly without the Glazers spending a dime. So in a few years, their 20% is worth more than it is now.

Of course, how SJR might structure such a deal or what he would invest in infrastructure is just a hypothetical. We don't know what anyone is really bidding. We only know what the parties involved want us to think is going on.
What I'm saying is that right now, the Glazers hold class b shares, so if jassim wants the club, he has to buy Joel and avi's shares or he wouldn't have control, so there's a huge premium over the current share price. This premium won't exist in the future, if Ratcliffe is the owner and their shares are only a minority. Right now their 20% gives them full control of thr club if the other Glazers sell and they don't agree to give up class B status, which gives it far more value than just selling it on the stock market

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What I'm saying is that right now, the Glazers hold class b shares, so if jassim wants the club, he has to buy Joel and avi's shares or he wouldn't have control, so there's a huge premium over the current share price. This premium won't exist in the future, if Ratcliffe is the owner and their shares are only a minority. Right now their 20% gives them full control of thr club if the other Glazers sell and they don't agree to give up class B status, which gives it far more value than just selling it on the stock market
Joel and Avram also need to reduce below 10% as 10% or above their B shares would be still active.

Tiber

Joel, Avram and Jim Glazer will drag this process out until they extract the the last selfish penny. This deadline seems important but we thought the same about the last two

Spoony

The People's President
Joel, Avram and Jim Glazer will drag this process out until they extract the the last selfish penny. This deadline seems important but we thought the same about the last two

You've thought long and hard about the situation haven't you?

seegoblu

whomever wins the bid (assuming there is a sale), I hope they pay the Glazer's in pennies/pence. Back up the dump trucks, dump the coin in front of OT and make those creeps get down on their hands and knees and count and put their coins into rolls to bring to the bank.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This has no benefit to the Glazers. When they sell up they won’t care one bit what happens to United.

All this is designed to do is heap pressure on them to sell. The idea of this being on the table as a benefit to United fans and being denied by the Glazers who choose to stay on is a painful one and it shouldn’t be one they take lightly.

United Hobbit

The trouble with Jassims bid is the Glazers won't give a flying feck about the fact he's set aside funds for the stadium etc

I just hope they accept and this saga is finally over and we can try and get back to the top

jm99

Joel and Avram also need to reduce below 10% as 10% or above their B shares would be still active.

People are just so pessimistic they can't look at this logically. Football clubs are vanity investments for billionaires, or for sportswashing by nation states, theres no world in which joel and avi csn sell a sub 20% share that will offer no ownership rights for 1.4bn dollars anytime in the next decade. By which point putting that money in an investment fund would have more than doubled it anyway. The Glazers don't give a feck about our club, they aren't wanting to own us for status, or for sportswashing, its for money, and holding on and declining 1.4bn would be a terrible financial decision.

The other siblings would also be furious at them if they had to take Jim 's bid for their shares rather than jassim's and I can't see them agreeing to it

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
whomever wins the bid (assuming there is a sale), I hope they pay the Glazer's in pennies/pence. Back up the dump trucks, dump the coin in front of OT and make those creeps get down on their hands and knees and count and put their coins into rolls to bring to the bank.
I said it before, I'll say it again.

I hope the Glazers take the cash and reinvest it in the next club up for sale, ie Liverpool.

Please god. Make it so.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Does anyone know when we’ll find out what the leeches are going to decide?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People are just so pessimistic they can't look at this logically. Football clubs are vanity investments for billionaires, or for sportswashing by nation states, theres no world in which joel and avi csn sell a sub 20% share that will offer no ownership rights for 1.4bn dollars anytime in the next decade. By which point putting that money in an investment fund would have more than doubled it anyway. The Glazers don't give a feck about our club, they aren't wanting to own us for status, or for sportswashing, its for money, and holding on and declining 1.4bn would be a terrible financial decision.

The other siblings would also be furious at them if they had to take Jim 's bid for their shares rather than jassim's and I can't see them agreeing to it
Pretty confident they wont

jm99

The trouble with Jassims bid is the Glazers won't give a flying feck about the fact he's set aside funds for the stadium etc

I just hope they accept and this saga is finally over and we can try and get back to the top
Isn't it also more money than Jim's bid?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If they can only get 1 serious bidder this time...surely they don't think they can get even more demand at a higher price in a few years

Edwards6

I said it before, I'll say it again.

I hope the Glazers take the cash and reinvest it in the next club up for sale, ie Liverpool.

Please god. Make it so.
Had a few Liverpool fans telling me the Glazers aren't that bad look at how much they've spent on transfers, would love to see there reaction if this happened

Status
Not open for further replies.