Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

Weird that this Mail article isn't from Keegan. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Also, I'm starting to doubt whether it's a state bid by Qatar (but think it's still way more likely than not).

If it's just Jassim and his dad, then I'm pretty confident in Ineos coming out on top.

Marcelinho87

You’d have thought that a deal of this magnitude with all these highly paid smart arse lawyers and super rich investment bankers involved would be much more cleverly calculated and professional than simply leaking that one bid is higher in the hope that the other bidder ups their offer.
I don't believe anything has leaked and the media are feeding off scraps.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I dunno who that guy is, but literally every post he’s done since he joined is arguing with someone, or insulting someone. Scroll through. Literally every single one

He said I was wrong about something, proved I was right, then he hid. Seems a typical weasel
Yes he’s very argumentative

Berbaclass

Weird that this Mail article isn't from Keegan. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Also, I'm starting to doubt whether it's a state bid by Qatar (but think it's still way more likely than not).

If it's just Jassim and his dad, then I'm pretty confident in Ineos coming out on top.
Do you know who his dad is? :lol:

TheLoveless

You continue to not actually respond to what is written. No one is talking about Brexits ‘final accounts’ but ok. . .

As someone whose business involves import & export from/to the EU & as any quick google search will attest, the impacts of Brexit were felt pretty immediately.

The pound plummeted to a generational low in the immediacy of the vote, & has never recovered. Another immediate impact.

Brexit is not a short term or a long term thing explicitly so if it takes a person 20-30 years to realise your buying power is less today than it was before the vote then said person isn’t just loveless but bloody clueless.

I find it startling you’re talking about something 20-30 years into the future when actual impacts i. the short term could be discussed. It’s almost as if you’re having a discussion in bad faith. . .

The irony. You’re labelling me for doing something I categorically haven’t.

Make sure you don’t say posters are calling people things when they are not again.

I didn’t read the rest, move on.
I responded to exactly what you wrote. You expressed that you couldn't understand how people could be affected by Brexit and not be upset at SJR. I just explained to you that very few people voted in favor of Brexit not understanding it could very well get shaky for some time. Virtually every pro-Brexiteer understands this but a large chunk of remainers just refuse to because they are too busy being bitter over the result of a 7 year old referendum which they took personally, that their own personal opinion did not hold up in a democratic referendum.

I will explain to you what 20-30 years mean, as you seem to believe I think it means only realising the purchase power. When something huge happens, like Brexit, virtually the whole society needs to change and adapt. This takes time and there could be voids in the labour market and delivery of goods and services (decrease in immigration), trade deals that are not in place or optimal (import/export mess) etc. that causes disruption. Over time, this will be corrected. Otherwise, how can countries outside of the EU function? The EU is only on spot 24 in the GDP per capita league.

The pound was already going down from August 2015. We cannot know that the levels it reached within a few months post the referendum would not have been the same without the referndum, but through a more slow steady deline. If you look at the development of the pound to the euro you can see that, long term, it's virtually the same now as it has been since after the financial crisis of 2008 except for some short term changes. Again, you need to look at things long term and if you do you will find that Brexit has had virtually no impact of the value of the euro compared to the pound. The downhill for the pound started in 2007, not on June 24 2016. Look at a graph from the year 2000 to today and you cannot event tell where Brexit happened just looking at the line itself and not the dates on the axis. You'd think it happened in 2007....

Regarding acusing, or at least suspecting, SJR was a racist, you wrote the following about SJR. We should not forget he is a

pro-Brexit’ier which was rooted in racism. This constant portrayal of sJR as ‘good’ is pathetic.
Unless you have any quotes or actions from him to support this, it means that you suspect him of being a racist through classic guilt by association.

If we should not suspect him of holding racist views, please elaborate why your quote on his Brexit stance, a movement you believe is rooted in racism, has any relevance in the duscission.

Superden

Both bidders should threaten to walk away from this omnishambles... Let the glazers deal with the fallout from the fans. As for raine and other intermediaries i would imagine as much as they are billing for now, there real payday only comes in the event of a sale so put the heat back on them, and if they sense the glazers are just bluffing then they should walk away too, otherwise their reputation takes a hit.

Moiraine

My mind is unable to digest how Jim RatCliffe is ahead of Sheikh Jasim who clearly has more financial resources and better plans. It is just so dirty and corrupt…

Berbaclass

My mind is unable to digest how Jim RatCliffe is ahead of Sheikh Jasim who clearly has more financial resources and better plans. It is just so dirty and corrupt…
He’s just offering more money for less percentage. Not that difficult

Widow

I don't believe he is, It's starting to look like a brief to get SJ to increase his bid. It could also explain why there is a delay in announcing the preferred bidder, brief the press to say SJR and force an improved offer from SJ. Surly if the reports regarding SJR were true it would have been announced already.

I guess we'll soon see.

RedDevilRoshi

What’s the chances both Ratcliffe & Jassim end up walking away the longer this continuously drags and drags on?

I remember at the start all parties were hoping that this will be concluded by the end of Q1 and in time for the summer transfer window so the prospective new owners can get at least some of the groundwork put in place so we can be in a position to have a successful one.

I’m loving my life

Maybe the Glazers are doing this deliberately as a final feck you to the fans who have slated them - they seem to be all about their reputation, based on them telling bidders not to badmouth them.

fatmanWazza

With this process being dragged out, I do wonder if there is a possibility of Glazers end up staying without selling the club.
Wonder what the fallout will be like in Manchester ?
Or with all the shenanigans of the past 6 months or so they have to sell no matter what.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Corruption isn't on the menu here. It's not public procurement

RuudTom83

It wouldn't be in keeping with the Glazer reign unless they drag this out all summer and wreck the planning for another season.

Thank our wonderfully owner for another year of suffering their existence.

Ahriman

I don't believe he is, It's starting to look like a brief to get SJ to increase his bid. It could also explain why there is a delay in announcing the preferred bidder, brief the press to say SJR and force an improved offer from SJ. Surly if the reports regarding SJR were true it would have been announced already.

I guess we'll soon see.
I thought that was the case as well, there was always going to be spin in the press but none of it means anything until a prefered bidder is chosen, anything else is just pressure tactics. I always thought that the best leverage the Glazer had with the buyers is time, and the longer it's stretched out the more disrupted any new era would be. So I think the Glazers are keeping everyone waiting to try prompt higher offers, I imagine Qatar aren't biting hence the Jim PR the past few days.

It's defintely coming to a head though, and I think we're going to find out very soon one way or the other. It's merger Monday on Wall Street tomorrow, who knows we might find out then.

AFC NimbleThumb

I responded to exactly what you wrote.
Yea I’m not reading all that.

You can’t start with a lie & think I’ll pay you the decency you’re not capable of. You accused me of calling him a racist, I have not. So unless you can quote a post that does this I don’t see why you’re still here. The thread specifically asks posters to keep it constructive, if you’d like to discuss Brexit you can do so by tagging me in the relevant thread.

TheLoveless

Yea I’m not reading all that.

You can’t start with a lie & think I’ll pay you the decency you’re not capable of. You accused me of calling him a racist, I have not. So unless you can quote a post that does this I don’t see why you’re still here. The thread specifically asks posters to keep it constructive, if you’d like to discuss Brexit you can do so by tagging me in the relevant thread.
Here is your quote again:

You forgot to mention Chelsea season ticket holding, attempting to buy them as well & pro-Brexit’ier which was rooted in racism. This constant portrayal of sJR as ‘good’ is pathetic.
Please elaborate where my lie is in asking you to elaborate the relevancy of your statement in bold unlesss it's an attempt to lead us to suspect that SJR might actually be a racist because he supported Brexit. The quote is there for the whole world to see so stop acusing me of lying for calling you out on your own quote.

Honestly, I've made many misstakes during my lifetime so I don't think there's anything more to it than a bit of carelessness. But you should be more careful throwing these kind of acusations around and you should also acknowledge that you maybe expressed yourself out of line, as we all do from time to time.

MiamiSpartan

I guess we'll soon see.
I'm not sure which I'm struggling with more, the idea that they would brief the press to get a bid increased rather than just contacting Qatar, or the idea that Qatar (or Ineos for that matter) would sit around checking the papers in order to find out the status of their bid.

Also, there is no law that says they have to announce a preferred bidder. They could negotiate the finer details and then just announce that an agreement is reached.

AFC NimbleThumb

Here is your quote again:

Please elaborate where my lie is in asking you to elaborate the relevancy of your statement in bold unlesss it's an attempt to lead us to suspect that SJR might actually be a racist because he supported Brexit. The quote is there for the whole world to see so stop acusing me of lying for calling you out on your own quote.

Honestly, I've made many misstakes during my lifetime so I don't think there's anything more to it than a bit of carelessness. But you should be more careful throwing these kind of acusations around and you should also acknowledge that you maybe expressed yourself out of line, as we all do from time to time.
In Post #52,551 in which you are quoted I go on to clarify. . .
I said Brexit is rooted in racism, which for a majority of the country it was & the poster is asking for sJR doing a Braverman. I’d call it wilful ignorance but I’ve seen this play on this forum too many times. He chose to profit off a culture war, can’t say many wouldn’t if they could but let’s not act like he didn’t was my point.

Racism isn’t only things people say @TheLoveless , if you’d like to discuss Brexit there’s a thread in another forum.
As I said above, I’ve seen this play countless times on this forum, & you’re rather bad at it. Check my post history, if I think something/someone is racist I say so. The bolded literally ends with ‘was my point’.

See above, last paragraph, I go on to say Racism isn’t only things people say, that would be like you saying I am referring to sJR as ‘people’, it’s ridiculous. So once again, provide me with a quote where I call sJR a racist cause all you’ve done, & rather poorly, is conflate 2 sentences. Brexit is rooted in racism. One. The portrayal of him as ‘good’ in opposition to Qatar is nonsense. Two.

Let’s park all previous posts. I am categorically telling you that I have never called sJR a racist so now you’ve been told this, again, move on. I’ll further clarify, I don’t think all Brexiteers are ‘racist’ either, hence the use of the term majority not all.

I’m glad the quote is there for the whole world to see because it certainly doesn’t show me calling sJR a racist. You keep proving you’re very under equipped this topic, the terms aren’t to be used lightly hence why I didn’t label him anything.

Widow

I'm not sure which I'm struggling with more, the idea that they would brief the press to get a bid increased rather than just contacting Qatar, or the idea that Qatar (or Ineos for that matter) would sit around checking the papers in order to find out the status of their bid.
Yet briefs are very common in football.

Also, there is no law that says they have to announce a preferred bidder.
Actually, I think there is when you're on the stock exchange.

Ahriman

It's common sense that all parties are going to use their swing in the media to get the result they want, it's just all bluffing, like poker, and at this stage it's all very close to calling.

hp88

He always rocks up for the finals and it’s fecking awkward having him around as well, it’s like that family member you have to invite to the events just to keep the rest of the family happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.