Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon Wallet

Qatars bid includes future investments which are of no importance to the sale.
They were important to Abramovich, just not important to scum like the glazers.

I realise it's just business, but there's levels... They can easily make tidy profit AND safeguard the clubs future like Abramovich did ( well he tried, but... Bohely )

cyberman

He made two offers at the last round of bidding. Both worth more than Jassim's. Why would he raise his offer? Christ.
Only more as a whole because he’s choosing to keep the two Glazers on so he doesn’t have to buy their shares so it would cost him less than buying out all 6?
He’s choosing to keep The Glazers to keep the price down for himself or why else is he keeping the Glazers on?
I was told it was the only way to compete with Qatar, then Qatars bids became public and all those excuses fell away.
Christ

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Only more as a whole because he’s choosing to keep the two Glazers on so he doesn’t have to buy their shares so it would cost him less than buying out all 6?
He’s choosing to keep The Glazers to keep the price down for himself or why else is he keeping the Glazers on?
I was told it was the only way to compete with Qatar, then Qatars bids became public and all those excuses fell away.
Christ
Wrong. See above where it has been explained once again.

JagUTD

They were important to Abramovich, just not important to scum like the glazers.

I realise it's just business, but there's levels... They can easily make tidy profit AND safeguard the clubs future like Abramovich did ( well he tried, but... Bohely )
Very different situation though.

HarryP

Reporters can share their opinion as long as they clearly state what's news and what's opinion.
I agree but from memory he didn't really do that last night, he veered into the territory of presenting his clear subjective opinion as fact. Which is acceptable for most people but not a reporter imo.

cyberman

Aren't both Ineos offers still on the table, and the original offer will still be around the same as what Qatar are offering to all 6 Glazers?
Jim doesn’t make the second offer if the first was good enough. The second bid is clearly there as a workaround from raising his offer for all 6 Glazers and carves them apart.
What annoys me is Qatar seems to have been surprisingly sensible with their bids, the second bid doesn’t really need to be there and there will be rightful outcry if it happens.
Can you imagine the run up to every window for buying the two dickheads out in our fanbase and Match going fans, just end the fecking thing now

DanClancy

Ah ok, but in that case it doesn't matter what the other shareholders think. If they own all the Glazer shares they own 97% of the voting rights and can force those shareholders to sell if necessary.
But at what price though, going to cost them more then what they've intended

JagUTD

That's how I understand it. But the pro-Jassim lot seem to want to pretend the SJR offer for 69% doesn't exist because it's a problem for them.
The media doesn't help either. They've focussed on his alternate offer as it will being more attention due to the Glazer factor.

pocco

loco
@cyberman if you listened to what SJR had to say at the very beginning, way before Qatar were even involved, he explained how the sale of the club might have to go. He spent the day with Joel and Avram discussing his interest in the club and then went on national television to explain to the fans that they both don't want to sell. He said then and there that it may be a case that he may try to buy a majority stake in the club and then look at a full purchase further down the line.

Fast forward a few months to the point where the bids go in and he offers them two options (both worth more to them than the Qatar bid), either he purchases their whole 69% stake or he purchases 51% for the majority share, but J&A Glazer can remain. As part of the second offer, J&A have 2-3 years to sell their share to him at the same inflated price. After 2-3 years he would purchase at market rate, potentially.

cyberman

Wrong. See above where it has been explained once again.
That’s not explained. You’re just quoting a bid that went out the window many weeks ago.
You’re quoting outdated news here buddy. He’s moved from 69 percent to full buy out in 4 years or something stupid.

croadyman

Well let’s face it you would see it like that.
Yeah it's because I can't get my head around them not matching Ratcliffe's OVERALL bid if they want to buy the club

Clearly they are offering considerably more up front but that isn't good enough for the leeches as other offer allows them to stay

DanClancy

@cyberman if you listened to what SJR had to say at the very beginning, way before Qatar were even involved, he explained how the sale of the club might have to go. He spent the day with Joel and Avram discussing his interest in the club and then went on national television to explain to the fans that they both don't want to sell. He said then and there that it may be a case that he may try to buy a majority stake in the club and then look at a full purchase further down the line.

Fast forward a few months to the point where the bids go in and he offers them two options (both worth more to them than the Qatar bid), either he purchases their whole 69% stake or he purchases 51% for the majority share, but J&A Glazer can remain. As part of the second offer, J&A have 2-3 years to sell their share to him at the same inflated price. After 2-3 years he would purchase at market rate, potentially.
The rate he'd be paying now? If thats the case what's the point in holding the brothers grim holding on to their shares now? Got to be something else in it for them.

acnumber9

Yes, it's weirder to move from criticizing your rivals for being funded by a petrostate to aspiring to become like them all in the name of social media glory-hunting. Don't care what SJR has done with smaller clubs in smaller leagues or any other fantasyland narrative put out as a coping mechanism to mask wanting to be a petrostate's plaything. I just want to see the hypocrites in tears.
Well it depends really. If the Qatari’s cheat the way City owners do and they defend it then they will be hypocrites. If they clear the debt and allow the club to operate on their own finances then it’s a different matter.

United fans wanted the debt cleared. Who did they think was going to do that? They wanted competent ownership. What is it about Ratcliffe’s track record that suggest he is competent?

Other than wanting to laugh at people, what is it you want? Because I tell you something, somebody coming in and clearing the debt, being competent and not with an ulterior motive is truly fantasyland.

Amarsdd

But one thing I’m not understanding. Why do people assume payment from Ratcliffe to the glazers will come in instalments?

If his bid is accepted and he gets the loans. The glazers whose shares be buys out get paid. Avran and Joel who he aligns with don’t sell anything so don’t. If, very big if, they decide to sell in 2 years then they get paid.
I'm 80/20 sure that assumption was started in this thread. Someone mentioned it a couple of times after reports of new Qatar bid and when asked for source I don't think there was any response. And then others started repeating it in the thread. I have seen nothing of that news elsewhere.

pocco

loco
The rate he'd be paying now? If thats the case what's the point in holding the brothers grim holding on to their shares now? Got to be something else in it for them.
I think they believe the value of the club will increase. They have (according to reports) said they feel the club could be worth $10b in the future. They're probably just nervous about leaving too much on the table, particularly if they think there will be movement with the ESL or TV rights.

pocco

loco
I'm 80/20 sure that assumption was started in this thread. Someone mentioned it a couple of times after reports of new Qatar bid and when asked for source I don't think there was any response. And then others started repeating it in the thread. I have seen nothing of that news elsewhere.
Which poster? At this stage I'm starting to think there's genuine Qatar shills in this thread.

croadyman

For me it’s 57.5% in Qatar’s favour. 37.5% for Jim. 5% for Glazers to stay.
Would agree with you IF his bid was £6bn outright (£5bn for club plus £1b investment) but apparently is only around £5.5bn

I am convinced the only way that Athletic would start reporting less confidence from Ratcliffe camp is if Jassim had hit that figure

Amarsdd

Which poster? At this stage I'm starting to think there's genuine Qatar shills in this thread.
No clue at all. All the posters here have blended together for me by now and even if its my guilty pleasure browsing this thread :nervous: but have no intention of going back through it again. I just know it was around the time when the new bid was being reported.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A lot of fans just want Glazers gone. Isn’t that obvious?
People were joking about Jim not having the money early on but he’s found a way to buy us cheaper, but officially more or at least equal to Qatar, by trying to get the two Glazers to stay so he doesn’t have to buy their shares.
It’s a joke. This isn’t the only way for Jim to buy the club but the way he wants it and feck him for it.
Feck Qatar as well by the way, not happy with either option
Think that is the big point. We cannot find a buyer who is ideal. It is either become another City or go nowhere, just massage SJR ego. Why can't we just be Manchester United.

IRONTUSK

All the reports of SJR being front runner seem plausible which has spurred Sheikh Jassim to increase his offer.
I think with this new offer it looks very likely Jassim will be the winner...

Marcelinho87

Massive respect for Kaveh on Sky.

He gets a bad rap, but listening to him report on the latest bid last night/ today he was brilliant.

Called the Glazers out in a way I haven’t seen from any main stream outlet before.
All he is doing is protecting Sky's interests - The Glazers stand for the ESL which Sky is against so they use frontmen like Kaveh to push against it.

pocco

loco
All the reports of SJR being front runner seem plausible which has spurred Sheikh Jassim to increase his offer.
I think with this new offer it looks very likely Jassim will be the winner...
I reckon there still a long way to go in this. I can see it dragging on through into the summer. There's no doubt the Glazers will ask both parties for more and possibly another round of bidding. They had a price in mind of, I think it was reported, £6.5b for their 69%. I think they'll still push for this as ideally they'd all cash out now. If they didn't accept SJRs offer for 69% then why would they accept the new offer from Qatar at sightly less?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The scenario you describe arguably reinforces Qatar as potentially the best long-term scenario for United. If half the league is owned/backed by states, and United isn't, what do you think is going to happen?
I dont know but being out of that arms race might not be the worst thing in the world. United's revenue will only increase, even if we aren't state backed.

My main argument is that completely selling out the club's soul no longer guarantees any more success than we're getting now. If that's the case, what's the point?

Infra-red

Sources indicate the club valuation part is in the same ballpark as Sir Jim Ratcliffe, believed to be north of $6bn, and thus circa £5bn. The pledged investment from Sheikh Jassim is understood to be $1bn (£0.8bn).

$6bn + $1bn = $7bn (his original tweet) where he said all inclusive. His additional tweets are just a break down.
Jacobs' numbers re Qatar's bid yesterday are: $7bn (£5.63bn) inclusive of the investment pledge of $1bn (£0.8bn). Qatar's bid therefore now values the club at $6bn (£4.82bn). Jacobs says that Qatar's third round bid only valued the club at $5.2bn (£4.2bn) so Qatar increased their bid by $800m (£643m) yesterday, a pretty significant jump.

Most sources have put the Ineos third round bid (for a controlling stake) at club valuation of just over £5bn, so the Ineos bid still values the club at a higher figure than Qatar, but Qatar have closed most of the gap yesterday. Considering that Qatar are now only c. £200m short of Ineos in their valuation, one wonders why they didn't just match the Ineos bid and remove any doubt from this process.

JagUTD

I find it odd that Qatars last 3 bids were all initially reported as the same £5bn figure. Bids 2 and 3 were later revised as below £5bn but if you just took the initial reports, it looks like they've made the same bid 3 times.

Even the tweets in March, April and today read almost identical to each other.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I find it odd that Qatars last 3 bids were all initially reported as the same £5bn figure. Bids 2 and 3 were later revised as below £5bn but if you just took the initial reports, it looks like they've made the same bid 3 times.

Even the tweets in March, April and today read almost identical to each other.
Clear indication that the the information given to reporters has been vague.

Ciddy

Massive respect for Kaveh on Sky.

He gets a bad rap, but listening to him report on the latest bid last night/ today he was brilliant.

Called the Glazers out in a way I haven’t seen from any main stream outlet before.
Couldn't agree more having watched it this morning. Spoken like a true red tbh.

fjred

I reckon there still a long way to go in this. I can see it dragging on through into the summer. There's no doubt the Glazers will ask both parties for more and possibly another round of bidding. They had a price in mind of, I think it was reported, £6.5b for their 69%. I think they'll still push for this as ideally they'd all cash out now. If they didn't accept SJRs offer for 69% then why would they accept the new offer from Qatar at sightly less?
They are trying to get near the 6 billion they want. I feel the Qataris will eventually do it (near enough). I wouldn't give the glazers my toenails but there we go. They would then blame the buyers for delays saying that they knew it was 6 billion and should have paid it at the start. Typical Glazer slime.

Dan_F

And increasing ticket prices, lower transfer budger, taking dividends from the club... the cycle continues.
What does taking dividends from the clubs have to do with it?

Ideally not on the other things. If the hospitality and naming rights cover it, there would be no need for that. Not to mention just the potential increase of capacity would be worth millions per season alone. Has Madrid’s budget been massively impacted by their stadium renovations?

Why do we deserve to have a stadium fully funded for nothing?

Last edited:

JagUTD

They are trying to get near the 6 billion they want. I feel the Qataris will eventually do it (near enough). I wouldn't give the glazers my toenails but there we go. They would then blame the buyers for delays saying that they knew it was 6 billion and should have paid it at the start. Typical Glazer slime.
The reported rate the Qataris increase their bids, were a year to 18 months off their £6bn offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.