Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
They're currently charged with point blank cheating, yet since then all I hear from the media is how great they are, them winning the treble, Pep been some sort of God, etc, with barely a mention of anything negative.
It’s depressing, really, and says all you need to know about the state of football. Lie and steal and cheat, it doesn’t matter as long as you win at the end of the day.

RedDevilUnited369

Sir Jimmy can’t compete with City.

He can’t even buy the club outright even though INEOS and he himself can afford to.

The same way Malcom Glazer could afford to but chose a leveraged buy out instead.

It’s another 20 years of top 4 whilst Newcastle will go on to win it all.

Yorke to Cole

How does Jassim's offer change the dynamic of how this process now works, given that they have cut out Raine?

When do people think these turds will flush?

C'est Moi Cantona

It’s depressing, really, and says all you need to know about the state of football. Lie and steal and cheat, it doesn’t matter as long as you win at the end of the day.
Yep, and you can guarantee if we get similar owners then you won't hear the end of it, and that will be long before we win anything with them, with no dodgy sponsorship dealings in sight.

SAFMUTD

We need fecking Qatar. City's dominance is unbearable. Cant take more years of this shit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This thread always had a massive upsurge in posts when City are winning or we're losing!

dpansheth

Its a crime how far we have fallen behind. I want my club to be competing tonight against City or Madrid. Oh those CL nights.

Woziak

In what way are the bids lower? When they are compared to each other we can presume they are for the same amount of shares. IE we should not believe that SJR bid is £5 billion for 69% and SJ 5 billion for 100% and thus SJR:s 1,5 times as high.
Doesn’t quite work like that, whatever percentage of the club you intend to buy, the bidder still needs to value 100% of the club but you are right SJR values the club at £5bn or just over $6.2bn the Glazers would get 69% of that value for a full sale for their controlling shares, with the caveat that SJR would not have to settle the debt or buy the remaining 31% shares and take the club off the stock market.

SJR layered offer for 50.01% values it at rumoured to be the same value just over $3bn or £2.5bn to buy controlling shares again but leave Avram and Joel with the opportunity to keep their from 2-4 years with a guaranteed uplift in share index price where their combined equity currently valued in his takeover at £1.2bn could potentially be worth much more in year 3 and year 4.

The reality is SJ has only ever wanted full control of the club and take it off the NYSE so he’s now offered £5.6bn however £800m of that offer is for future investment, which means his last and supposedly final offer is £4.8bn as debt and future investment have no bearing on the buyout process which is less than SJR offer for 69% as SJR has offered £3.45bn to all 6 siblings and SJ £3.31bn so there is a difference of £124m, this is how I understand it from speaking to people who work in the stock market and financial advisors.

Qatar/SJ are in the embarrassing position of not being able to control the outcome of this process due to SJR offer to keep Avram and Joel and let them have 20%, he may use the additional money saved in buying them out to invest in stadia refurbishment, player transfers and paying off the club debt, if he comes out after wining this the fans will soon get inside.

Qatar are either walking away in one weeks time or they are going to offer a huge bid which may be £5.6bn or even £6bn. SJR will not increase his offer, he doesn’t need to.

dove

We need fecking Qatar. City's dominance is unbearable. Cant take more years of this shit.
You are mistaken if you think City fans are happy winning everything. I am sure they feel terrible inside and cannot stop thinking about their lack of morals.

Woziak

This is where it makes no sense to me, why would you bid less than what your competitor is bidding for the same exact deal, why would glazers or raine even entertain the deal. Heck if this is the case and I was glazer I would tell jassim to just f off if he isn't serious, which again why would you bid less knowing you have to atleast match that price.
The bids are much closer than the Uk media would have you believe however neither really satisfy the Glazers greed, they both need to up their bids by probably £500m for SJR and £700m for SJ !

Partridge

If Qatar don't get us I expect they'll invest in some sort of moon base and use it to destroy Old Trafford with powerful lasers.
If we televise it, make it pay per view, £10.00 buy rate, we would make millions and be able to rebuild the entire...cafeteria and toilets!

Rolaholic

You are mistaken if you think City fans are happy winning everything. I am sure they feel terrible inside and cannot stop thinking about their lack of morals.
They defintiely can't stand the loss of their identity and what their club has become :lol:

SAFMUTD

Exactly, what would they give to have our sporting mediocrity but high horse morality.

TsuWave

Its a crime how far we have fallen behind. I want my club to be competing tonight against City or Madrid. Oh those CL nights.
you've not been enjoying the morally correct yearly humiliations against City, Liverpool and Sevilla and then scraping for top 4?

TheLoveless

Doesn’t quite work like that, whatever percentage of the club you intend to buy, the bidder still needs to value 100% of the club but you are right SJR values the club at £5bn or just over $6.2bn the Glazers would get 69% of that value for a full sale for their controlling shares, with the caveat that SJR would not have to settle the debt or buy the remaining 31% shares and take the club off the stock market.

SJR layered offer for 50.01% values it at rumoured to be the same value just over $3bn or £2.5bn to buy controlling shares again but leave Avram and Joel with the opportunity to keep their from 2-4 years with a guaranteed uplift in share index price where their combined equity currently valued in his takeover at £1.2bn could potentially be worth much more in year 3 and year 4.

The reality is SJ has only ever wanted full control of the club and take it off the NYSE so he’s now offered £5.6bn however £800m of that offer is for future investment, which means his last and supposedly final offer is £4.8bn as debt and future investment have no bearing on the buyout process which is less than SJR offer for 69% as SJR has offered £3.45bn to all 6 siblings and SJ £3.31bn so there is a difference of £124m, this is how I understand it from speaking to people who work in the stock market and financial advisors.

Qatar/SJ are in the embarrassing position of not being able to control the outcome of this process due to SJR offer to keep Avram and Joel and let them have 20%, he may use the additional money saved in buying them out to invest in stadia refurbishment, player transfers and paying off the club debt, if he comes out after wining this the fans will soon get inside.

Qatar are either walking away in one weeks time or they are going to offer a huge bid which may be £5.6bn or even £6bn. SJR will not increase his offer, he doesn’t need to.
That’s exactly what I meant.

Thanks for your extensive response.

dpansheth

you've not been enjoying the morally correct yearly humiliations against City, Liverpool and Sevilla and then scraping for top 4?
a life long fan of Blazers, Man Utd, Ferrari & Packers, all I can say is my support is asking too much from me.

DownRiver

People see Man city get the treble and win 5 out of the last 6 premier league titles, but still want Ratcliff who will keep us at mediocrity with debt and provenly crap management (of Nice).

mu4c_20le

better than British Glazer.

edit: We need owners who will demand maximum from everyone & dont mind throwing money & fail fast.
Arsenal and Liverpool have shown that it is possible to challenge without state funding. I wish it was as easy as throwing money, we haven't exactly been skint when it comes to fees and wages.

Raynaldo-dossantos

2 CL finals and 6 league titles for City since the UAE takeover, 2 CL finals and 5 league titles since the Glazer takeover. Basically no difference. Based on what i have read here i think we should keep the Glazers.

PS: I know its not the same context but some people here need some perspective.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We could get Qatar and still not finish above City under Pep. That will be the killer for some of you. They are just that good.

Woziak

We could get Qatar and still not finish above City under Pep. That will be the killer for some of you. They are just that good.
Exactly we now know what it was like being an opposition fan watching Fergie, we need Pep to feck off next season !

FCAES_7

Arsenal and Liverpool have shown that it is possible to challenge without state funding. I wish it was as easy as throwing money, we haven't exactly been skint when it comes to fees and wages.
yes Liverpool did and look at them now as they were not able to keep with the spending, let's see what will happen with Arsenal in the next 2 years without big investments. We challenged City twice to the title in the past 5 years and fell flat as our squad was always thin compared to there squad. City are dominating the English football at all level, from youth to men if I'm not mistaken. It is not a fair game at all and getting boring if it's not for the great marketing and the history of the teams in the EPL it is just as bad as the French league

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This really shouldn’t be about City. Our club has been destroyed, we are £1bn in debt, the stadium is a mess. We need whoever can rectify the Glazers’ destruction to take over and SJR appears to be happy to work with them so bollocks to that.

jm99

They've won 2 of their titles over the last 6 years by a single point, the title was out of their hands this year until arsenal bottled it, they've only had seasons (17/18 and 20/21) where no other side could catch them. The idea that there's nothing that could be done to catch them isn't really based on anything real

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s pretty sad that football has come to this. Real Madrid battered in a European Cup semi final by a nation claiming the form of a nothing football club, whilst we hope for our own nation to be able to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.