Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

I just cannot get my head round how many on here are hoping we become a sportswashing club.Then again, splash as much cash as it takes to get people on side that's how it works I guess.Nobody really knows who this jassim really is and everyone is convinced he's a saviour because he said he'd invest a billion and Ratcliffe has saggy balls or something so he's a fraud obviously.
Unbelievable.
Oi that’s one of mine!

The Oracle

I can't help but think that Sir Jim has been used (whether knowingly or unknowingly) as a pawn in the Glazer's game to extract as much money as possible for the sale of Manchester United to Qatar.

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this?!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His balls may well be saggy but at least he has some I suppose. Meanwhile his competition is no more than a front man and stooge for a larger game afoot.

So it's saggy balls v No balls.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
His balls may well be saggy but at least he has some I suppose. Meanwhile his competition is no more than a front man and stooge for a larger game afoot.

So it's saggy balls v No balls.
saggy balls v No balls v brass balls

Bebe

I don't even care who buys us anymore. Just get on with it already, this endless dragging out is pathetic and going to kill our summer plans.

TheGodsInRed

I can't help but think that Sir Jim has been used (whether knowingly or unknowingly) as a pawn in the Glazer's game to extract as much money as possible for the sale of Manchester United to Qatar.

You can say that about Qatar too if they are the ones that lose out.

If you were selling your house and had two bidders, you would try and get the highest bid possible.

croadyman

Why did Ornstein bring out information from a month ago today,maybe it's just me but doesn't feel like the British media are talking about Ratcliffe winning quite so bullishly today

So in regards to the PSG guy contacting the leeches surely Jassim is behind in the race if he didn't up the bid sufficiently or am I reading this completely wrong.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I just cannot get my head round how many on here are hoping we become a sportswashing club.Then again, splash as much cash as it takes to get people on side that's how it works I guess.Nobody really knows who this jassim really is and everyone is convinced he's a saviour because he said he'd invest a billion and Ratcliffe has saggy balls or something so he's a fraud obviously.
Unbelievable.
Matt Busby would be so proud of them too.

The Oracle

You can say that about Qatar too if they are the ones that lose out.

If you were selling your house and had two bidders, you would try and get the highest bid possible.
In theory true. In practice not always.

I know of a situation whereby a house was for sale, and there were two bidders that were outbidding each other (by which point the bids had gone above the asking price), and eventually one of the bidders turned around to the seller and said, "I don't want to get into a bidding war" (i.e. "I am offering you above your asking price, and I am now drawing a line in the sand... I am prepared to walk away")

Ultimately the house was sold to the person that drew a line in the sand.

I feel that Qatar has drawn that line in the sand, and if the Glazer's asking price has been met, then I think the sale will be to Sheikh Jassim*

*Which in all honesty is just based on the house sale that I mentioned, as I see similarities whereby the point has been reached where a party has bid above and beyond what they originally wanted to do (5 x different bids in the case of Sheikh Jassim if reports are to be believed), and crucially it was the Sheikh that drew the line in the sand... he is prepared to walk away, which is a powerful stance to have.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

You are not and the possibility that he's in cahoots with the Glazers has been floated too

It's possible but only credible if Sheikh Jassim eventually wins

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Why did Ornstein bring out information from a month ago today,maybe it's just me but doesn't feel like the British media are talking about Ratcliffe winning quite so bullishly today

So in regards to the PSG guy contacting the leeches surely Jassim is behind in the race if he didn't up the bid sufficiently or am I reading this completely wrong.
Not worth trying to read it - obviously lots going on in the background that we have no idea about, what's reported in the media is only a small amount and most of that is likely bollocks anyway

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Unbelievable.
The issue with this kind of binary, dogmatic stance is that no Utd fan ‘hopes to become a sportswashing club’, and you know that.

Some don’t care, outright, about any human rights issues one way or the other.

But many of the fans who will support the bid by a Qatari man (until it’s proven it’s a state bid, we shouldn’t talk of it as such) will disagree strongly with some of the Qatar regime’s stances on things like the treatment of gay people and human rights, and I would hope that those people CONTINUE to oppose those issues if Jassim is successful in his takeover of Utd.

I started supporting Utd during Ron Atkinson’s last season, and I’ve found myself in recent years unable to wish success on the Glazers, not because of America, but because I think they are greedy, repulsive INDIVIDUALS who hurt Utd and are bad for Utd.

If Jassim takes over, I hope very much that Utd makes clear our stance as a club is not that of the Qatar regime regarding gay issues (via continued vocal support for LBGT issues), but I will not judge Jassim for anything other than what HE SHOWS for Utd.

I always hope that issues like this get light shone upon them and dialogue - if Jassim came in and banned rainbow flags from OT, I’d want him out, immediately.

That’s what infuriated me about the WC - it was the censorship, the authoritarianism which I think is lowly.

And I hated how it turned into a West vs ME thing rather than a proper conversation.

I think Utd being owned by Jassim would provoke more discourse than any other ME / Western franchise crossover and I’d welcome that.

I disagree strongly with certain things about the Qatari regime, but I would never let that stop me dating a women from Qatar, or to listening to a musician from Qatar, or appreciating a piece of art made by a Qatari artist.

I used to have a really binary take on this but when Newcastle got bought by Saudi I thought and read a lot more on it and I essentially hold the view that anything that provokes thought and discourse is good - if that conversation gets censored I lost respect immediately, but I personally think Jassim should be given a chance as an owner and not dismissed from the start.

I would hope that his takeover sees Utd fans come together again. We should celebrate the removal of the Glazers.

If it happens - the Glazers removal - I will cry, I know I will. Be that a full purchase by Ratcliffe or Jassim or anyone.

The day they are properly gone Utd fans the globe over should celebrate - and whoever removes them should at least be given a chance.

croadyman

The issue with this kind of binary, dogmatic stance is that no Utd fan ‘hopes to become a sportswashing club’, and you know that.

Some don’t care, outright, about any human rights issues one way or the other.

But many of the fans who will support the bid by a Qatari man (until it’s proven it’s a state bid, we shouldn’t talk of it as such) will disagree strongly with some of the Qatar regime’s stances on things like the treatment of gay people and human rights, and I would hope that those people CONTINUE to oppose those issues if Jassim is successful in his takeover of Utd.

I started supporting Utd during Ron Atkinson’s last season, and I’ve found myself in recent years unable to wish success on the Glazers, not because of America, but because I think they are greedy, repulsive INDIVIDUALS who hurt Utd and are bad for Utd.

If Jassim takes over, I hope very much that Utd makes clear our stance as a club is not that of the Qatar regime regarding gay issues (via continued vocal support for LBGT issues), but I will not judge Jassim for anything other than what HE SHOWS for Utd.

I always hope that issues like this get light shone upon them and dialogue - if Jassim came in and banned rainbow flags from OT, I’d want him out, immediately.

That’s what infuriated me about the WC - it was the censorship, the authoritarianism which I think is lowly.

And I hated how it turned into a West vs ME thing rather than a proper conversation.

I think Utd being owned by Jassim would provoke more discourse than any other ME / Western franchise crossover and I’d welcome that.

I disagree strongly with certain things about the Qatari regime, but I would never let that stop me dating a women from Qatar, or to listening to a musician from Qatar, or appreciating a piece of art made by a Qatari artist.

I used to have a really binary take on this but when Newcastle got bought by Saudi I thought and read a lot more on it and I essentially hold the view that anything that provokes thought and discourse is good - if that conversation gets censored I lost respect immediately, but I personally think Jassim should be given a chance as an owner and not dismissed from the start.

I would hope that his takeover sees Utd fans come together again. We should celebrate the removal of the Glazers.

If it happens - the Glazers removal - I will cry, I know I will. Be that a full purchase by Ratcliffe or Jassim or anyone.

The day they are properly gone Utd fans the globe over should celebrate - and whoever removes them should at least be given a chance.
Yeah Ratcliffe will get more of a chance to prove me wrong IF he's successful provided that it's a full sale and he's getting rid of the leeches immediately. I would still have serious reservations about how he is running Lausanne and NICE though.

Cloud7

I don't think anyone has been used per se, rather that the Glazers have played both sides against each other to see who they could get the best deal out of, safe in the knowledge that it's highly unlikely both bidders would walk away, so no matter how much they pushed they were always likely to get one of them to make a huge offer.

We still don't have a clue who will win.

croadyman

So in regards to people who are still confident that Jassim's bid will win. What % would you put on it and when do you see significant news breaking in his favour.

I have openly admitted on here many times I am a total hypocrite about state ownership,however have also always said it should have been stopped way back in 2003. Sadly the horse has now bolted so don't feel anything about it.

Last edited:

The Oracle

I don't think anyone has been used per se, rather that the Glazers have played both sides against each other to see who they could get the best deal out of, safe in the knowledge that it's highly unlikely both bidders would walk away, so no matter how much they pushed they were always likely to get one of them to make a huge offer.

We still don't have a clue who will win.
You make very plausible points to be fair.

What I would say in regards about who will win, is that if the Glazer's had any decency - which let's be honest is a bit of a stretch, then the best possible way that they can leave is via a full sale in which they are no longer part of the club going forward... and the only bidder offering that option is Sheikh Jassim.

Cloud7

You make very plausible points to be fair.

What I would say in regards about who will win, is that if the Glazer's had any decency - which let's be honest is a bit of a stretch, then the best possible way that they can leave is via a full sale in which they are no longer part of the club going forward... and the only bidder offering that option is Sheikh Jassim.
The one thing we know those pricks don't have is any decency :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So in regards to people who are still confident that Jassim's bid will win. What % would you put on it and when do you see significant news breaking in his favour.

I have openly admitted on here many times I am a total hypocrite about state ownership,however have also always said it should have been stopped way back in 2003. Sadly the horse has now bolted so don't feel anything about it.
I don't think any sensible person can make a solid prediction given the number of variables and lack of quality information. Logic suggests a Qatar purchase is more likely just because they are richer but it doesn't make it a certainty.

croadyman

Honestly, what reputation do we have? A Glazer, banter shit show?
It’s not done yet but there’s a reason rival fans were laughing their asses off at Jim and Glazers teaming up last week and there’s a reason why other teams are protesting Qatar and not Jim
Oh yeah there is fear from the other teams in this league much as fans try to deny it

croadyman

It’s too far gone now. My hope is they all get bored and feck off.
I hate all options but I was thinking about this last week. If Glazers stay on and old man Jim takes over then who do they sell to when they all want out or/when Jim wants to retire or the grim reaper shows up (way in the future) the only buyer will probably be oil money anyway. At least Qatar wining now cuts that in half and maybe they sell us in 15 years as well and it all ends
That's actually a good way of thinking about it

croadyman

The fact the Glazers have gone to the PSG president to help negotiate a fee is a really positive update IMO.

It means they WANT to sell to Qatar and all the leaks/tactics used in the last few months are just an attempt to drive up the price.

If Qatar were massively off the asking price I don't believe they'd even bother going to the PSG president. They could be very close now.

Its now just a matter of, will Sheikh Jassim give them the extra money they want or will he play hard ball like they are.
How much extra do you think it will take

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

I've seen you ask this question a few times now, do you require some false reassurance from somebody that knows just as little as you to feel better? Nothing that anybody predicts on here is worth listening to. I know you know this, but you and others create an echo chamber of bullshit with your guesswork, misinformation and daft tweets.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The fact the Glazers have gone to the PSG president to help negotiate a fee is a really positive update IMO.

It means they WANT to sell to Qatar and all the leaks/tactics used in the last few months are just an attempt to drive up the price.

If Qatar were massively off the asking price I don't believe they'd even bother going to the PSG president. They could be very close now.

Its now just a matter of, will Sheikh Jassim give them the extra money they want or will he play hard ball like they are.
The details of this approach to the PSG president are vague, but I've seen some claiming it was over a month ago when they made that approach? So around the time of third round of bidding. Jassim made another bid that wasn't what the Glazers wanted since then, so it may be completely irrelevant information by now.

The Oracle

Ultimately the only people who can decide who will win are the Glazer's, and it depends on what the Glazer's intentions are:
- A full sale will mean Qatar's bid will be successful
- A sale in which they stay on in some capacity will mean that Sir Jim's bid will be successful

Without knowing that key information (the Glazer's intentions), then any answer is just speculation.

My own opinion (speculation), is that the Glazer's will leave straight away, and therefore it will be Qatar that wins, I am 95% certain of this.
I base my 95% certainty on this:
- Sheikh Jassim has played a 'Power move' by being prepared to walk away.
- He has upped his bid numerous times and must now be there or thereabouts of the Glazer's valuation; with it being his final bid, it has lead me to believe that he is actually 'There' at the Glazer's asking price. His "Not negotiating any more" stance, further adds to this belief.
In a way Sheikh Jassim is saying, "I have met the asking price (for what was overpriced from the outset), and I will not pay a penny/cent more".

In terms of when the news will be announced of the preferred bidder, I believe because we are dealing with something that is fiscal (it's a sale after all), then logic would suggest that something should be announced by the end of the Quarter Fiscal - which is 30th June 2023... which just happens to be very close to 1st July 2023 - a date that is important in the Summer transfer window, as that is when the International window opens for overseas transfers.

sparx99

Unbelievable.
Because most people don’t care. You can barely get people to vote in their own elections let alone worry about what’s happening to people they’ve never met living in the Middle East.

Ted Lasso

Unbelievable.
Are you a vegan?

Marcus

After all this, if the Glazers decide not to sell, I think United's share price is going to take a catastrophic hit because of the loss of trust by investors. The Glazers will sell. That much I am sure. Just do it quickly you leaches.

BTG

I'm convinced they just wanted a valuation so they could take out further loans.

Lightbringer

I don't even care who buys us anymore. Just get on with it already, this endless dragging out is pathetic and going to kill our summer plans.
I care much more about the club not being owned by Qatar then what happens with our summer plans to be frank!

The Oracle

I'm convinced they just wanted a valuation so they could take out further loans.
At this stage anything is a possibility, because we don't know what the Glazer's intentions are:
- Are they wanting a full sale? (Qatar are wanting full control)
- Are they wanting a partial sale? (Sir Jim will entertain this)
- Are they actually wanting to sell at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.