Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney24

The market absolutely gets to decide that. The Glazers can’t sell what isn’t theirs. I know there are rules in place to force a sale at 75%/90% majority ownership on some exchanges and I’m not sure what the NYSE rules are or if it’s down to Cayman laws but if the shares rocketed up to $50 over the next week, it means diddly squat if the Glazers agreed to sell their own shares at $35.
It definitely doesn't. It was the same in reverse when the Glazers took over and delisted United off the FTSE. the public shareholders got the premium price and that was it.

Castia

I’m not getting your logic here? Surely they would just report on it? They’re not all team Jim
It’s 9:30 almost and there hasn’t been a single UK journalist do a story after last night? They’ve surely spoken to the club and for them to stay quiet would suggest something is happening in my opinion

The club/journalists could squash this story in 2 minutes but haven’t

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Exactly.

IF the Qataris win, I will take the same stance that i do with the Glazers and spend the bare minimum in/at the club.

This season gone, I spent nothing on the club other than tickets and I doubt that will change in any way, shape or form because the money is obscene and disgusting BUT the club and going to the games is a massive part of my life, socially and mentally, that I don’t think I’m prepared to give up for something that isn’t going to change based on my actions.
Absolutely, this is my stance or has been over the years. However, to be fair I am somewhat guilty for a good cause. I have purchased some United kits to indoctrinate the grandkids. Their dad is a massive Liverpool fan.

Let’s say the Qataris have agreed with the Glazers to buy 100% of the club for $35… if they are hell bent on buying 100%, what is stopping the market deciding they are actually $50 a share?
If the Qataris buy the Glazer shares they will own all the voting rights and the majority of all shares, the percentage they need depends on whats in the club's articles of incorporation, but they can then force the rest of the shareholders to sell at fair price if it comes down to it.

edit: fair price is not the same thing as market price. I'm not a lawyer but the price would be decided by lawyers. Probably somewhere between the Glazer price and the market price at the time.

K Stand Knut

The money from your ticket ultimately goes to the country with the vile laws, or to be precise, to its attendant PR pet project.

Whilst thousands of people suffer these vile
laws, thousands more think the aggressors are good people, because they bought Mbappe and 'yeah, but the West...' and playing 'Gotcha!'

Pretending this isn't happening is part and parcel of the process.

'It’s not a state bid'

It is in the Abramovich sense. Jassim is a known associate and affiliate of the ruling autocratic regime, and his position (nationalised bank) and wealth are by grace of the state. Remember, Qatar is a dictatorship. He will have to appease the Emir with every move.

Now, whereas RA did not buy Chelsea under Putin's direct command, it was part of the overall Russian government's charm offensive on Western assets.

So, although Jassim may or may not have been directly told to buy United, his capture of us is absolutely to sportswash Qatar's image and as a viable soft power tool, as is his promise to fix up the local area.

It is sportswashing.
And nowhere have I argued or suggested anything else.

I am just trying to understand people’s thought process for their decisions. I was from the mindset initially that I wouldn’t set foot in the grind if the Qataris won the bid and will admit that I have changed my mind.

My change in stance though is nothing to do with my support of or for Qatar. It is purely my stance of going to United games both at home, away and abroad with my mates, which I am not prepared to stop yet.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
So it's basically traders gambling on a Qatar takeover?
It is this exactly and that gamble is based on some Qatari media sources (I have no idea how reliable or unreliable they are) saying they think the takeover has been successful.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If the Qataris buy the Glazer shares they will own all the voting rights and the majority of all shares, the percentage they need depends on whats in the club's articles of incorporation, but they can then force the rest of the shareholders to sell at fair price if it comes down to it.

If the market price is $50, it's $50. They don't need to buy the public shares to control the company but if its some vanity thing and they want to own everything, $50 is what they will pay. Somehow i don't think they will care too much.
Thanks this is the answer I was looking for and the point I was making. Glazers can’t decide the price for what isn’t theirs.

K Stand Knut

Absolutely, this is my stance or has been over the years. However, to be fair I am somewhat guilty for a good cause. I have purchased some United kits to indoctrinate the grandkids. Their dad is a massive Liverpool fan.
You need to find other options to buy your kits.

There are plenty. For a lot cheaper and just as good. Especially for kids

Reactions: Sultan

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's weird to suggest it doesn't
If the share price rose before speculation had run wild it would have, but the movement in the United stock has been shown time and again to react to public information, not predict it.

These shares are not held by sophisticated investors with an inside track, so suggesting movement in the price is indicative of anything other than Twitter rumours is ridiculous.

I’m not saying this news from Qatar isn’t true or doesn’t mean anything (I’ve no idea either way tbh), but the stock is reacting to that. It’s like suggesting that the page count of this thread is meaningful to whether something is happening.

Thanks this is the answer I was looking for and the point I was making. Glazers can’t decide the price for what isn’t theirs.
Actually i edited the answer. Fair price is not the same thing as market price. I'm not a lawyer but the price would be decided by lawyers. If the market price shot up after the Glazer shares were bought, the price paid for the rest would probably be somewhere between the Glazer price and the market price at the time.

cyberman

If the share price rose before speculation had run wild it would have, but the movement in the United stock has been shown time and again to react to public information, not predict it.

These shares are not held by sophisticated investors with an inside track, so suggesting movement in the price is indicative of anything other than Twitter rumours is ridiculous.

I’m not saying this news from Qatar isn’t true or doesn’t mean anything (I’ve no idea either way tbh), but the stock is reacting to that. It’s like suggesting that the page count of this thread is meaningful to whether something is happening.
Insider trading is a thing though.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
The 'owner being apart from the club' doesn't apply to United, who have protested eighteen years of Glazerite rule. We'll likely find such sentiment in your posting history. If we don't, it certainly applies to your advocates.

What you suggest is indicative of sportswashing:

Denying what is directly in front of you because now the club can buy its way to the top.

Other examples include arguing into the night it's not a state bid, 'yeah, but the media' and other associated false equivalences (Tony Blair is a good one).

Seriously sad this is happening to United.
Your strawman ain't fooling me buddy

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
by about 50bn compared to jassim entire family. their owners are worth something mental like 330bn, theyre 80% owned by the PIF. they could literally blow every single club out the water with regards wages and transfer deals, comfortably so, too
Looks like Glazers were a year too late in deciding to sell then. Probably could have got 8b last year

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's weird to suggest it doesn't
It doesn't, it's pure speculation. I work closely with traders and without giving too much away they held some shares a while back and sold when the price went up. They have worked with Raine on a few deals before and they know nothing at all. In fact they think Jim will win and have held that view for a while now.

Share price without solid insider trading is just pure guess work.

Marcelinho87

Those who won't spend a penny on/at the club - Didn't Jassim say early in this process that no money would be taken out of the club? As in all money made would be put back into the club and community? Wouldn't that imply that even if it was a state bid they wouldn't be gaining monetarily directly from us?

(I may have dreamed this up)

Status
Not open for further replies.