Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partridge

Here's where I am. I won't stop supporting the club, but won't attend games, or buy merch from United. It's all I can do really, as I've loved the club since 1987. It's not alot, but I won't be giving them my cash.

Some might see it as pathetic but after giving it some thought over the last few weeks, I'm comfortable with my decision.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Here's where I am. I won't stop supporting the club, but won't attend games, or buy merch from United. It's all I can do really, as I've loved the club since 1987. It's not alot, but I won't be giving them my cash.

Some might see it as pathetic but after giving it some thought over the last few weeks, I'm comfortable with my decision.
You gave to the Glazers?

stevoc

The fact Brexit Jim has to rely on Bonds/Loans to help him finance the bid from the major banks is embarrasing. Go back to focussing on Nice ye ballbag looking fool.

Genuine question where do you think any company/individual would get £5 Billion from to buy a football club?

Sheikh Jassim and his Dad don't have £5-6b lying in a bank acocunt either that they'll be using to buy United.

Rake

I actually feel that is perfectly reasonable. Thought something along those line myself. Unfollow United on every social media, don't pay for any merch or subscriptions etc.

Water Melon

@Wibble How come you get to call posters naive or self-deluded? Is there any proof that Jassim is investing the money of Qatari government? He and his father are very rich. They are not supposed to disclose their wealth to you or anyone else. I am sure they will have to pass through a proper due diligence procedure. They could of course get a preferential loan from a Qatari bank, so what? Hundreds of Qatari companies get those, are they state-funded? Pro-Qatari ownership posters want them because we believe that the 9-2 foundation would do more good to the club than Ineos, whereas when it comes to moral issues Ineos is a horrific company with proven awful workers' rights and environmental records, while their main shareholder is a documented hypocrite and liar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herman Toothrot

This is it in a nutshell for me. I'm sick and tired of other fans saying if you support Qatar then you support the regime, you're all for human abuse, you just want mega money...

No.

What I want is:
1. The Glazers gone.
2. A new owner who I believe will run the club properly, first and foremost and not just take cash out of it. Just run it properly and let it do its thing.
3. Investment in the team and the manager backed. I'm not wanting every superstar player being bought with unlimited wealth. United more than make enough money as it is and I just want that pumped back into the club for the manager to use.
4. Investment in Old Trafford and/or a new ground.
5. Investment in training facilities.

That's it. It's purely about football and what I believe will be the best for the club, not politics, they are two totally separate things.
I can still support United and the Qatar bid but be against some of the things they stand for. I have the ability to compartmentalise, some fans don't.
I see. All of the benefits and none of the consequence. You're not exactly playing 4D chess, are you?

Widow

Can anyone honestly tell me how they can be behind a bid from someone who demonstrably has not got the personal wealth to buy the club (clearly state backed) and whose Father was the Emir of a country with human rights offenses out the kazoo? It’s bonkers. Is everyone a teenage glory hunter on this forum or are we seriously willing to forego everything this club stands for to compete with a plastic club across the city. Genuinely curious.
Are you a supporting the SJR bid then?

Broski-MUFC

i don't believe for a second that there are fans who will distance themselves from united if jassim wins. the love and passion is too strong for our club. i don't understand how you can say that while you've been fooled for 18 years by the glazers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The fact Brexit Jim has to rely on Bonds/Loans to help him finance the bid from the major banks is embarrasing. Go back to focussing on Nice ye ballbag looking fool.

How does it work? I bet his investors won't be happy, going from pouring money into United to a modest Club in French League.

Fanta Stick

Voodoo Sheikh by Jassimi Hendrix

You’ve got debt the size of a mountain
I’ll chop it down with the wealth of my Dad
I chop it down with the wealth of my Dad

I’ll pick up all the pieces and buy Mbappe…
Might even develop some local land

Cuz I’m a Voodoo Sheikh, Voodoo Sheikh
Lord knows I’m a Voodoo Sheikh!

The Raine Group are taking their sweet time
They’ll get right back to me one of these days…

If I don’t bid anymore in this sale…
you’re stuck with Jim Ratcliffe and his cycling mates…
Cycling mates!

Love it!

mufc_sd

Sheikh Jassim and his Dad don't have £5-6b lying in a bank acocunt
You would be very surprised the facts that they have the funds ready to be transferred state otherwise according to Ben Jacobs anyway.

IncyWincySpider

Politics and sport are totally separate and one should never affect the other. How could the qataris be worse than the Glazers?
If politics and sport should never affect each other, what motivation do you think Qatar has for wanting to buy Manchester United?

Partridge

Voodoo Sheikh by Jassimi Hendrix

I’ll chop it down with the wealth of my Dad
I chop it down with the wealth of my Dad

I’ll pick up all the pieces and buy Mbappe…
Might even develop some local land

If I don’t bid anymore in this sale…
you’re stuck with Jim Ratcliffe and his cycling mates…
Cycling mates!

As Chris Morris once said to Peter o Hanrahanrahan...

Your wrong, and your a grotesquely ugly freak!! :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How does it work? I bet his investors won't be happy, going from pouring money into United to a modest Club in French League.
Yeah it doesn’t add up at all. As if he can put together a proposal for investing in United and then when that falls through the money is still his to put into Nice. Bollocks.

Fanta Stick

The Islamic Republic of Iran was appointed Chair of the U.N. Human Rights Council Social Forum last month.
Just saying. Times are changing and being wholly cnutish is becoming more socially acceptable. It's all about diversity at the end of the day.
Hope that puts some of your consciences at ease.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I seriously admire fans for having such high regard for human rights abuses and are against this takeover

However, I highly doubt the ethical element of the debate will be disregarded if United are taken over by Sheikh Jassim/Qatar. If anything, United being such a big clog in people's lives it will come to the fore more frequently. The club is also based in Manchester and as such British laws will apply so no issues with LGBTQ or the women's team not being given support (City and PSG have no such problems).

Coming onto Sir Jim (Ineos) and Sheikh Jassim (Qatar) can simply both cheat FFP rules. We only generally associate states as capable of doing such possibly due to Manchester City which has created an in-built bias. There has been talk of other clubs being responsible for breaching FFP rules not owned by a state.

Quite simply if United are run well as has been said numerous times the club can compete with anyone on the planet even with cheats. I'm not even saying any owner should be denied making money from the club. Simply, allowing it time to develop its infrastructure, the debt burden and get best-in-class footballing people to run its footballing division. Personally, if these benchmarks are fulfilled I don't mind any owner taking over the club. When I go to games the owner will be the last thing on my mind. Even the Glazers were not relevant when as a club we were maintaining a high degree of success and the club was well run.

Now the debate is which owner can best achieve what we require. The answer to that will not be known until some time in the future. We have absolutely no control over the takeover process and it's hardly worth falling out over.

que sera, sera

"whatever happens, happens" (more literally "whatever will be, will be") Ostensibly employed to express a personal philosophy of fatalism and acceptance of the future.

We need an rvn

Basically you're like 95% of the supporters of the club who support the club but don't buy a shirt etc on an annual basis, and 99.9% of global fans who can't attend any games (and if you did attend games the demand for tickets is that high United wouldn't miss you attending to be honest - we sell out during the glazer era, we'll sell out every match whoever the next owners are).

Not pathetic, just means you're a normal supporter like the majority of fans

note. % made up on the spot

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He was a hermit living at times in a barrell in the marketplace, masturbating in public and quarrelling with the city intellectuals (like Alexander The Great), so he probably said more than most hermits, but maybe not so much ‘hi’, fair enough.
Fair point! He’s certainly the first exhibitionist hermit I’ve heard of.

lsd

The Oracle
Politics and sport are totally separate and one should never affect the other. How could the qataris be worse than the Glazers?

I mean 6500 migrant workers died as a result of the world cup there not to mention everything else that went on.

I'm pretty sure the Glazers haven't been responsible for thousands of deaths

Telsim

Transfer window opens today and the club is just as much in limbo as it was back in March.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah it doesn’t add up at all. As if he can put together a proposal for investing in United and then when that falls through the money is still his to put into Nice. Bollocks.
And there's probably a better investment than pouring 5 billions into a French League team.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So you're basically saying you are wrong. "IF the Qatar is are willing to pay more"...we'll no shit, that's how this whole process works. If SJR is willing to pay more, then Jassim can't afford it?

We'll, actually no, again that is wrong. He'd just simply not be willing to pay what is required, even if he can.
I can afford to buy a diamond Rolex for each day of the week and a different high class hooker each night if I'm willing to mortgage my house and run out of money in the future. Sheikh Jassim doesn't have that problem because he's massively richer than me.

When the numbers don't add up, it means you can't afford it.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
I see. All of the benefits and none of the consequence. You're not exactly playing 4D chess, are you?
Yeah this is a football team we are talking about not a political party. We watch for some light relief and a break from every day life on a weekend. We don’t need sanctimonious lectures on morals or what awful people we are. Some of us quite happily separate the two and sleep very soundly at night.

Water Melon

I mean 6500 migrant workers died as a result of the world cup there not to mention everything else that went on.

Now please enlighten us, how they died, what was the cause of their death and then provide a solid evidence that Jassim is responsible for this. Because if you are basing this all just because of common nationality and citizenship, I could provide tons of much more cruel evidence against Jim who is British.

Last edited by a moderator:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah this is a football team we are talking about not a political party. We watch for some light relief and a break from every day life on a weekend. We don’t need sanctimonious lectures on morals or what awful people we are. Some of us quite happily separate the two and sleep very soundly at night.
You might not need it, but if you're openly amoral you'll get it.

Oranges038

It's been the same merry go round for the last couple of months in here.

Does anyone know if we've got past the Jim = debt and is Glazer's MKII or Jassim is state backed argument yet?

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down

This is 100% something Alan would say :lol:

glasgow 21

100% correct Im sick of all this virtual signalling and a decision hasn't even been made. Here a choice that everyone can't make and its 100% guaranteed.

1.Wait for the result.
2. Make a decision to stay or leave as a fan.
3. Thereafter stop poisoning and labelling the fans that accept NO.2.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Somewhat dramatic!

The figures are mostly made up. I am sure workers will have died and yes, the conditions are not the best for migrant workers.

Anyway, I doubt Sheikh Jassim has blood on his hands on a personal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.