Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Saw all the new pages thinking there might be some news I missed but nope more of the same nonsense. It's very impressive.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Look, being a United fan has been a daily interest/passion for me for about 26 years. You are free to do what you want but I'm not going to piss away that just because the club may get owners that are morally problematic.
Again, support who you want. However when you say that people leaving their lifelong club who they love because of morally reprehensible owners are “pissing away” their support - that’s why people find you antagonistic.

jm99

You’ve never thought about their position on Greenwood? Or thought poorly or Liverpool for how they handle the Suarez issue? Or disliked City for cheating in the league? Or been proud of the charity work the lads do?
Well OK I guess I have, but these things don't impact which team I support. If I see another side doing great charity work, I'd think that's nice, but I wouldn't suddenly start supporting them

Chief123

So this evening’s proceeding’s was basically @Wumminator trying to be cute with a play on one of the definition’s of moral and then proceeded to dig a hole so deep he needs to be winched out. Nothing to see here.

jm99

And yet you call City cheaters. Different mindset for United I suppose ?
If I've ever called city cheaters it's in relation to their breaking of ffp rules. I've never commented on their ownership. So wind your neck in a bit, eh? Before throwing accusations around

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So this evening’s proceeding’s was basically @Wumminator trying to be cute with a play on one of the definition’s of moral and then proceeded to dig a hole so deep he needs to be winched out. Nothing to see here.
Is that genuinely all you took from my posts? From the thread I linked on the chairman of MUST saying the same things? Me “digging a hole”?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Life is hard enough as it is for the average man on the street to burdon themselves with the worries of billionaire owners buying millionaire players for entertainment purposes. I think regards of whether you support Qatar or Jim Ratcliffe or even the Glazers, at the end of the day you cant put the blame on people who want to continue to support the club. I have my own issues with the club if Qatar take over, but to judge the fans I feel is something you cant do. We're friends, fathers, sons, wifes, sisters, brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends, customers, workers first. If you want to continue to support Manchester United, you're not the ones at fault.
If everyone gets a pass here I think it has to be conditional upon not openly looking down on those who chose to walk away.

Chief123

Saw all the new pages thinking there might be some news I missed but nope more of the same nonsense. It's very impressive.
How foolish of you to expect anything useful in this thread. You’ll probably find more substantial information on the takeover by opening your kitchen bin.

cyberman

I like him as a poster but I found out he financially benefitted from the City takeover through gentrification months ago so all this moral talk is laughable in my eyes.
All this talk and there’s only one poster who had money placed in his pocket through oil money and it’s not the posters replying to jabs about morals!

0le

Crazy to think that this story broke in November and we are still waiting for firm news as to who our owners will even be, let alone for all the paperwork to be completed.

mu4c_20le

If I've ever called city cheaters it's in relation to their breaking of ffp rules. I've never commented on their ownership. So wind your neck in a bit, eh? Before throwing accusations around
Yeah my bad for accusing you of actually saying something negative about city. Getting you to post the c-word seemed difficult enough, but you were probably backed into a corner.

sparx99

If we’re not winning fairly, or United winning is through countless pain caused to others - I’d rather not win.
I don’t see how either of those two things would occur. We don’t need to cheat FFP. We just need to spend better and invest in our infrastructure. Our transfer spend has largely been sufficient under the Glazers even if spent poorly. If Sheikh Jassim came in we’d likely still be self sufficient on the Sporting side of things.

What pain would be being caused? Qatar had a massive construction boom for the World Cup. Too many migrant workers died but there isn’t another Qatar World Cup coming along.

Even on social issues; Qatar is a country of 330k people. How much does is it really matter what goes on there? Utd losing causes more people pain on a weekly basis!

gulli_G

Sorry if already posted:

Does that mean SJR is out of the race?

El-Manos

Can we stop talking about who has the moral high ground here. Any feckin updates ?? What’s twatter saying? Give us tonight’s gossip.

Chief123

I like him as a poster but I found out he financially benefitted from the City takeover through gentrification months ago so all this moral talk is laughable in my eyes.
All this talk and there’s only one poster who had money placed in his pocket through oil money and it’s not the posters replying to jabs about morals!
Morals aren’t relevant when you have a beneficial gain from it. It’s only important when you want to poke other peoples’ stance.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Crazy to think that this story broke in November and we are still waiting for firm news as to who our owners will even be, let alone for all the paperwork to be completed.
It's not particularly crazy. It's been the most likely timeframe for sport franchises over the past years.

Chief123

Sorry if already posted:

Does that mean SJR is out of the race?
It doesn’t apply to the take over bids. In fact there’s even doubt whether it would have applied to the Glazers leveraged buyout. In summary, it’s looking pretty pointless.

SirScholes

You’ve never thought about their position on Greenwood? Or thought poorly or Liverpool for how they handle the Suarez issue? Or disliked City for cheating in the league? Or been proud of the charity work the lads do?
When you support a club it’s normally as a child to begin with
I’d not of had a clue when I started to support Man Utd om those issues.
By the time you’re old enough to fully grasp them you’re more than likely too far down the rabbit hole

atleast that’s my position, I love the club and couldn’t possibly support anyone else at this point

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That’s why so many of us are upset and baffled by the “I don’t care about morals” brigade.
Yes, but you're confounding the thing you're actually talking about here (a tie to United that has nothing to do with success on the pitch) with something else (morals).

Look, you can argue that being opposed to Qatar is a matter of morals - I would agree. But "morals" in that context has very little to do with Manchester United as such.

0le

It's not particularly crazy. It's been the most likely timeframe for sport franchises over the past years.
Ah, didn't realise. I guess it just feels like it has dragged on forever.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
fecking hell.

after seeing many influential United fans talking about this very issue today I try and have an actual discussion in this thread but because it makes people uncomfortable we get this nonsense and “less morals more gossip” please.

jm99

For some, evidently not. To say that to a tweet I’ve posted where the MUST Chaimen literally has a massive thread explaining this very thing is weird though. For a lot of people it is.

People are genuinely like “Yeah, I’ve been a United supporter all my life and remain loyal and hate certain clubs and love the homegrown players but it’s nothing to do with morals.”
Liverpool fans and players stayed loyal to suarez after his racism, just because it was loyalty doesn't make it morality. Support for a club is usually hardwired from youth, people don't hate Liverpool because of morality issues, they hate them because they're a rival club. People across the morality spectrum support clubs, its hardly as if all united fans share the same morality, or all Liverpool fans share the same morality

SirAF

Ageist
Again, support who you want. However when you say that people leaving their lifelong club who they love because of morally reprehensible owners are “pissing away” their support - that’s why I find you antagonistic.
Fixed that for you.

MDFC Manager

Can we stop talking about who has the moral high ground here. Any feckin updates ?? What’s twatter saying? Give us tonight’s gossip.
Gossip from NickSpeed10 is that trading will be halted tomorrow and Raine will make an announcement that Jassim has won it.

MDFC Manager

The fact the share prices hasn’t fallen significantly like all the previous spikes we’ve seen is very interesting…

Feels like something is coming soon.
Forbes says earnings report is due this week. If there's no announcement by then, i think price will fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.