Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You'd have to ask him if he's suggesting that.

The sports press are quite obviously being used by parties in the process, I'm not saying its the Glazers though (and it happens in a lot of M&A processes) still the extent it has in this case is a lot.
The main issue with this process though is the constant missing of deadlines and proposed dates
It could be a valid issue but that should be aimed at the party that was supposed to schedule things in a way that it wouldn't happen which is Raine Group.

Josep Dowling

Whilst I'll be delighted the Glazers have gone it will be sickening to know they have profited in the billions on an investment that cost them far less than the true value of the club. The debt they then used to pay for the club has hindered us since then including player transfers, player retention when it mattered in the 2008-11 era and infrastructure investment. It really is a sad state of affairs that people can get away with it.

George The Best

If you have a credit/debit card and have £12, it is supposed to take around 24 hours.
But if you are overseas and need a UK law firm to help draw up the Articles of Association and submit the registration, it’s a bit more than £12. From submission to filing is a matter of days though if everything is in order.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It could be a valid issue but that should be aimed at the party that was supposed to schedule things in a way that it wouldn't happen which is Raine Group.
Ultimately the Glazers are accountable its their process, they hired Raine Group, and part of the delay would have also been on their end too (e.g providing feedback on bids and ultimately deciding what they want to do)
Raine Group doesn't set a date without feedback from its client (Glazers)

I don't believe Crafton mentioned the Glazers though, he was just commenting on the shit show of a process it has been

El Zoido

And what is your opinion on City? We'll deserved success? Adhering to FFP? Nothing going on under the table?
My opinion of City is that they haven’t adhered to FFP and have broken the rules countless times. I would hope and expect we’re run with full transparency and adherence to FFP regulations.

JPRouve

Scout
But if you are overseas and need a UK law firm to help draw up the Articles of Association and submit the registration, it’s a bit more than £12. From submission to filing is a matter of days though if everything is in order.
It's possible but we are talking about people that aren't really overseas, it's a family that does most of its business in London, they are kind of locals.

cyberman

NickSpeed on it again
It’s unfortunate for him. The news he steals is either accurate or he’s getting lucky but he won’t grow any followers because he tweets like a lunatic.

Edit

jm99

I thought we were told a few days ago that there wouldn’t be a period of exclusivity
Tbf we've been told:

Jim is the preferred bidder, Qatar expect to win, Jim expects to win, it'll be wrapped up by the end of Q1, it'll be wrapped up by the end of the season, it'll take til the end of the summer, Jim has won exclusively, there won't be any exclusivity etc.

This whole saga has been pretty embarrassing for the British media

klayton88

I can confirm that he did.

Good men. Been a huge fan since day one myself.

Now, no offence Jim Brexit… but your bid is technically not worth going exclusive with.
Stop going on about Jim Brexit, you're never going to meet him. As for Jassim, his money is bit too obvious, a bit too, petrol-ey.

The Irish Connection

The state of our current ownership though.

Negotiating the terms on exclusivity negotiations.

No wonder we have fallen so far over the years. The fecking dawdling and indecisiveness is overwhelming. I get that they are trying to squeeze every penny but this is just amateurish.
And people still point to our net spend to argue that we’re only whining.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yep. And a lot of people who got so insulted every time United’s past successes were mentioned (like 10, 15 years ago today, etc.) will do exactly this: repeatedly mention our history and our past successes in order to argue how big and successful United already were pre Qatar and that’s why we can’t be compared to City, PSG, etc. Even if part of it is true, we will moving forward still almost always be put in the same line with them.
indeed, and hey, if some people are okay with that trade off, then fine. At least it’s a consistent position. More power to you I guess, but that IS the trade off. You don’t get to be state owned and keep wholesale respect within the football world. You get the money, but also the suspicion and accusation. Deal with it.

Saying “it’s not like City” …but how many City fans do you know who are openly honest or deprecating about their situation!? Who hold their hands up and go “hey, we cheated & don’t deserve this, but whoopsy, don’t care!”…. And that’s a club with hundreds of actual charges and a suspended sentence against them! United fans are going to be 10 times worse just due to the plausible deniability of already being rich… as if already being rich has ever stopped rich people from cheating, or trying lever an unfair advantage.

JPRouve

Scout
Ultimately the Glazers are accountable its their process, they hired Raine Group, and part of the delay would have also been on their end too (e.g providing feedback on bids and ultimately deciding what they want to do)
Raine Group doesn't set a date without feedback from its client (Glazers)

I don't believe Crafton mentioned the Glazers though, he was just commenting on the shit show of a process it has been
No, I can't have that one because you are essentially suggesting that a client should have a better understanding of the process and timelines than the architect he hired. You wouldn't make that point at any time, you would logically point to the fact that the architect is not doing a good job and putting everyone in a less than ideal situation. In fact if you remember the reports bidders had issues with Raine Group. Could the Glazer go with an other firm mid process? Probably but I don't know it would be received.

And to be clear, I don't know if any of this is true, I'm just adressing the points about the organization and management of the process.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Yup. Like you go to talk shit to a Liverpool fan after beating them - except now they just say "yeah well you're an oil club and have unlimited funds to do this so are you really happy"... You can't even respond to it. The whole social element of football, being proud to win, fighting your corner etc is all in the dust now. It's just like a private thing I'll keep to myself now basically.
I'd say Liverpool were put up for sale by Fenway at the same time as we were. No one was interested.

jm99

Not to forget the club of every player we’re linked with will be looking to rip us off!
Tbh my hope is these guys are a better at negotiating than Woodward was, they certainly could have overpaid and blown Jim out the water early doors but they didn't and they seem to be paying below the £6bn asking price. City have limitless resources but don't seem to regularly get ripped off because they're clear they'll walk away and target a different player, and I'm hoping we go that route as opposed to PSG

cyberman

Yup. Like you go to talk shit to a Liverpool fan after beating them - except now they just say "yeah well you're an oil club and have unlimited funds to do this so are you really happy"... You can't even respond to it. The whole social element of football, being proud to win, fighting your corner etc is all in the dust now. It's just like a private thing I'll keep to myself now basically.
Liverpool fans have basically been sharing (in their minds) trophies with City over the last few years and claiming it’s the greatest rivalry in EPL history.
I wouldn’t worry about Liverpool fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.