Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Qatar, Saudi, UAE, are there any other oil nations that are ruled by autocrats that could look to get in on the action and buy e.g. Liverpool or Arsenal?

Iran are more of a 'real' nation with some form of democracy so wouldn't happen. Bahrain, Kuwait? Do these have sovereign wealth funds?
Norway.

cyberman

What's going to happen then, are new owners just going to sanction a new stadium right off the bat? There's plenty of discussions and planning that has to happen first I doubt all that can happen in the matter of two months. The team and the infrastructure need significant investment. They will do both.
I’m pretty sure they were presented with plans that were ready to go before the first bidding stage

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well i'm hoping this crapshow ends one way or another soon... it's getting stupid, reports come out, they're denied, more reports come out, they're denied... reputable sources report something, it's denied by others. Will it ever end?

crossy1686

career ending
Lots of countries do things with which i don't agree but i would never call entire nation or culture as primitives. Calling entire nation as primitive is a shocking thing to do.
At least we’re moving up in the world I guess. It’s quite tiring being the face of school shootings, transphobia, systemic racism and the systematic wiping out of the native Americans.

Soon we’ll just be the face of human rights abuse according to some.

JagUTD

Did you read the original post? The guy literally called it “primitive cultures”. You think he means the ruling elite? :lol:
To be fair, I didn't. I'm just going off the usual trend of everyone once in a while, calling a poster racist. It's tradition now basically.

In that context it's not acceptable.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It’s a product of British imperial strategy at the turn of the 19th/20th centuries that slowly caught on globally over the course of the 20th century to the point that it is now in common usage along the people of the region itself.
That's interesting. In french we use the terms Occident, Moyen-Orient(Middle East) and Orient(basically Asia without Arabia). Those distinctions are supposed to come from the Middle-Age.

stw2022

The stadium plans submitted were surely done within the financial boundaries set by those who commissioned the reports so if we do get new owners there's likely to be a revisit/recommissioning of new reports into our options

Mr. Meeseeks

Chief123

The last part …

“They didn’t like SJR, he didn’t make a good impression” :lol:

Yeah same here mate with the majority of Redcafe. Some adored him though.

Lord Zlatan

Dont recall the Chelsea or Newcastle take overs having a 12 week approval process. why would ours be any different?

JagUTD

The last part …

“They didn’t like SJR, he didn’t make a good impression” :lol:

Yeah same here mate with the majority of Redcafe. Some adored him though.
So you're in sync with the Glazeratti?

Interesting :wenger:

jm99

This quote from the article stuck out as odd

A report on Thursday stating that United were “negotiating granting exclusivity” to Sheikh Jassim’s group was widely dismissed,

Who dismissed the reuters report? It certainly wasn't widely dismissed, because people trust their reporting more than the British media

Tiber

Times saying ratcliffe still the favourite. They are as shameless as Keegan

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We just have to accept that we are a sportswashing project and will join the illustrious company of PSG, City and Newcastle.
Exactly. And if you can do that, fair play. You just can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Qatar, Saudi, UAE, are there any other oil nations that are ruled by autocrats that could look to get in on the action and buy e.g. Liverpool or Arsenal?

Iran are more of a 'real' nation with some form of democracy so wouldn't happen. Bahrain, Kuwait? Do these have sovereign wealth funds?
Another weird byproduct is that if Liverpool or Arsenal do start pimping themselves out for state ownership now, they will be lesser hypocrites than us…. as they can legitimately say it’s a must for them to compete…. We’re the ones legitimising that argument now. We may be able to trace the genus to City, but we’ve rubber stamped it. We’re the ones who had the power to resist and didn’t and we will absolutely be used as the tipping point of no return. The big bad who fecked everything. And we just kinda have to take it.

but you know, exciting times and everything.

stw2022

A report on Thursday stating that United were “negotiating granting exclusivity” to Sheikh Jassim’s group was widely dismissed,

Who dismissed the reuters report? It certainly wasn't widely dismissed, because people trust their reporting more than the British media
Seems like British journalists are spitting the dummy out.

cyberman

Yeah, it doesn’t ring true.
Seems Reuters found a source that will talk while Times and Keegan don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.