Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm just going to leave the discussion here but the stance you are taking is bizarre and extremely counterproductive IMO.

The more people that are aware of and condemn these sorts of actions surely make the perpetrators less likely to repeat such behavior.

Different cultures mixing can only be a good thing.
If only there was some news I’ve mentioned that shows that maybe …. Just maybe…. Saudi Arabia is still not advancing in human rights. Just anything that had come out?

Or even Qatar our owners. Just any report from a Human Rights charity suggesting things aren’t improving at all.

Fooza

Ya'll need to stop entertaining the WUM and put him on ignore already, otherwise every thread just ends up a car crash

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If only there was some news I’ve mentioned that shows that maybe …. Just maybe…. Saudi Arabia is still not advancing in human rights. Just anything that had come out?

Or even Qatar our owners. Just any report from a Human Rights charity suggesting things aren’t improving at all.
Over what time period?

fergosaurus

It's deeply unpleasant seeing the mental gymnastics displayed by some of these Qatar fanboys.

jm99

They are advancing in human rights, I've told you the rights they've given to women over the last 5 years, your opinion seems to be that progress isn't enough, it needs to be perfect right now. I'll remind you that America still has the death penalty. Saudi Arabia still has a lot of work to do with human rights, but they are moving in the right direction, maybe it'll be 20 years til they get rid of the death penalty, but that's better than 50 years if we tell them to feck off and be a more insular culture

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Jm99: maybe the West working with the Saudi government will improve human rights!

Wumminater: there are seven dead bodies over there

Berbaclass: we shouldn’t isolate them

Wumminator: one of them was a child!

Jm99: when has isolation ever worked

Wumminator: they were doing a sit in protest and they’re sentence to death including a 12 year old

Berbaclass: women can drive now!!!!

Marwood

As I've posted before, since Saudi Arabia started seeking closer ties with the west, women have been given the right to drive, go out alone, restaurants aren't segregated. If we totally rejected Saudi culturally and told them to feck off until they share our values exactly none of these changes would have happened and millions of women in that country would be worse off. So in what way is it more moral to say we want to turn these countries more insular and totally reject any cultural ties, if it means things not improving in these countries?
How do you know that? It's way too complicated for anyone to say definitively which approach would have been better.

What else I really don't like about this idea that taking Saudi money has liberated women is that is completely wipes out those incredibly brave women in Saudi who've protested for their lives. Along with the journalists and activists who've reported it.

Godfather

Let’s keep them out the club ownership race as well please.
A billionaire with enough money to throw out on our football club will most likely be a cnut anyway. They can all get fecked. All I'm looking at is who will provide the most for the club. I don't expect anyone in the race to buy United to share any of my views. But if they also start to feck the club over like the Glazers do they can do one.

Lyng

Who is going to inform the wum that its Qatar and not the Saudis who want to buy us?
In fact the only potential owner with close ties to the Saudi is Ratcliffe

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
A billionaire with enough money to throw out on our football club will most likely be a cnut anyway. They can all get fecked. All I'm looking at is who will provide the most for the club. I don't expect anyone in the race to buy United to share any of my views. But if they also start to feck the club over like the Glazers do they can do one.
Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if Brexit Jim turned out to be a homophobe as well. At the end of the day we don’t really have much choice who takes over the club. All we can do is hope they take care of it well

Berbaclass

Jm99: maybe the West working with the Saudi government will improve human rights!

Wumminator: they were doing a sit in protest and they’re sentence to death including a 12 year old

Being like this is your way of self-flagellating for being pumped full of that sweet oil money isn't it?

doomy20

Day summary please? Saw the Rio Vid, was happy and 15 pages later it’s all non-Qatari again

Godfather

Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if Brexit Jim turned out to be a homophobe as well. At the end of the day we don’t really have much choice who takes over the club. All we can do is hope they take care of it well
Dunno bout that but he's a tax avoiding, Tory cnut of a billionaire that advertised Brexit. So yeah feck him too. I'm not going to be a fan of anyone buying us. From wherever that guy might be. But at least treat this club like it deserves to.

jm99

How do you know that? It's way too complicated for anyone to say definitively which approach would have been better.

What else I really don't like about this idea that taking Saudi money has liberated women is that is completely wipes out those incredibly brave women in Saudi who've protested for their lives. Along with the journalists and activists who've reported it.
Well I suppose because in the years before they started closer cultural ties with the west women were segregated, couldn't go out without a man and couldn't drive. The whole point of these regimes investing is that they know the oil and gas won't last forever, they want to be closer to the west, for investment, for tourism and this means a cultural alignment with the west. It might mean young Saudi fans watching Newcastle and seeing pride flags at times, seeing a more culturally tolerant country. You're probably not going to change the minds of older people in these countries, the same way older people in the UK are more likely to be racist and homophobic (not all but its more common than in younger people)

Either Saudi kids will grow up with western culture being an influence, or they'll grow up where there only cultural influence is their own country. Personally I think the former is more likely to result in the next generation being more accepting and tolerant. Maybe that's not the case but it certainly seems more likely

jm99

Wumminator: bad things still happen in these countries so no progress whatsoever has been made

Berbaclass

You asked, and Saudi Arabia is the topic becuase they're just now murdering kids. According to Amnesty, the use of death penalty as punishment has increased sevenfold in the last three years.

What answer did you expect?
He is being deliberately disingenuous because he's a WUM, clue is in the name...

I'm referring to the big picture of cultural development that is more likely to happen over years or decades. Not this incident in isolation, which I may add he is using to score points on a football forum.

NotThatSoph

He is being deliberately disingenuous because he's a WUM, clue is in the name...

I'm referring to the big picture of cultural development that is more likely to happen over years or decades. Not this incident in isolation, which I may add he is using to score points on a football forum.
"This incident in isolation" is hundreds of dead people every year, and it's increasing dramatically. Out of the 7 people just recently profiled, one of them is 12 years old. What makes you so positive?

Berbaclass

"This incident in isolation" is hundreds of dead people every year, and it's increasing dramatically. Out of the 7 people just recently profiled, one of them is 12 years old. What makes you so positive?
No offense but this is the football forum.

I'm not interested in having a political/cultural debate because no doubt you've already decided what you think of me or my opinion and that you are right regardless and I simply don't care.

This isn't the thread for it and I've said all I'm going to say on the matter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There no news since the momentary hope Qatar had gained the edge two days ago.
Agree with @Berbaclass I think they do have the edge now. The likelihood is that the Reuters source was someone from the Raine group using the media to send the message that Ratcliffe is no longer the leading bid and leveraging him to make another offer.

This is how it’s going to roll on until one of Qatar or INEOS say enough is enough.

With that in mind I’d wager good money that we won’t find out who the winning bidder is from either the Glazers or the winning bidder - we will find out because the losing bidder will leak to their journalist of choice that they’ve called it a day with excuses like “the entire process has been a farce” and they are “not wasting any more time or money on it”.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You asked, and Saudi Arabia is the topic becuase they're just now murdering kids. According to Amnesty, the use of death penalty as punishment has increased sevenfold in the last three years.

What answer did you expect?
It’s disgusting and I’m glad it’s being talked about - but was it Qatar? Or Saudi? Why’s it being used in the Utd forum as leverage against 92 Foundation?

The American police force have fairly obviously been infiltrated by White Supremacists and regularly shoot dead unarmed black people, often kids, on the street.

They are an arm of the U.S government. The U.S government is western and aggressively capitalist - does that mean they are representative of all Western, capitalist government and further still all commerce…?

If David Cameron’s son / daughter grew up and tried to buy a French footy team, would the murderous behaviour of the American police force be used in an argument against him…?

jm99

Doesn't America still have the death penalty? I don't see people suggesting we totally cut ties with them. And before you say it's warranted

At least 190 people who were sentenced to death since 1972 have since been exonerated, about 2.2% or one in 46

That's 190 totally innocent people America have executed in the last 50 years

Berbaclass

Agree with @Berbaclass I think they do have the edge now. The likelihood is that the Reuters source was someone from the Raine group using the media to send the message that Ratcliffe is no longer the leading bid and leveraging him to make another offer.

This is how it’s going to roll on until one of Qatar or INEOS say enough is enough.

With that in mind I’d wager good money that we won’t find out who the winning bidder is from either the Glazers or the winning bidder - we will find out because the losing bidder will leak to their journalist of choice that they’ve called it a day with excuses like “the entire process has been a farce” and they are “not wasting any more time or money on it”.
I found it interesting that this line in particular is being sort of overlooked:

The Qatari offer is currently viewed by the Glazers more favorably than a bid from British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe
Seems to have gotten lost amongst all the 'negotiating exclusivity' talk.

NotThatSoph

No offense but this is the football forum.

I'm not interested in having a political/cultural debate because no doubt you've already decided what you think of me or my opinion and that you are right regardless and I simply don't care.

This isn't the thread for it and I've said all I'm going to say on the matter.
Wumminator: Things are not getting better in Saudi Arabia.

You: Over what time period?

Wumminator: Right now.

You: WUM.

Me: Here's how things are getting worse in Saudi Arabia.

You: No offence, but I'm not interested in politics. This isn't a thread for politics.

You asked. Look, everyone knows you're a wum, everyone knows you're a liar. Everyone knows you would excuse anything as long as it benefits your view, there's nothing you wouldn't say or pretend to believe. You're too transparent, the only thing worse than a troll is a fecking shit one.

Status
Not open for further replies.