Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yes, a vote for Corbyn would certainly have been worthwhile…. :houllier:
Ah yes this thread was lacking in whataboutism. Especially for things that never actually happened, making it impossible to say how it would've gone.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
As selling points for prospective new owners go, “See? I told you he exists” might need a bit of work.
:D well its a good start

But honestly it was only a couple of weeks ago in this thread that posters were actually questioning his existence and commenting on how there is only 1 or 2 photos of him online

tomaldinho1

:D well its a good start

But honestly it was only a couple of weeks ago in this thread that posters were actually questioning his existence and commenting on how there is only 1 or 2 photos of him online
But have you met him, have you actually touched him to verify if he’s flesh and bone? Thought not.

Baxquux

Yes, a vote for Corbyn would certainly have been worthwhile…. :houllier:
Yeah, clearly stupid to vote for the guy who suggested we should invest in infrastructure (like, I don't know, NHS and pandemic prep, months before we had to deal with that for free ), not tender services to money-grubbing mates of the government and overcharge taxpayers, nationalize and diversify energy ( no issues with energy costs clearly now), and water (no issues with current water quality), as well as investing in green tech and being a western leader (but no, we don't have an employment crisis in large parts of the country; don't have issues with global warming), and deal with housing ladder crisis by building low-cost homes along with public-sector rental and HA rent-and equity properties (because we don't have a rent crisis or people not being able to get on the ladder). Just pie in the sky shit, clearly. You're really perspicuous.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, clearly stupid to vote for the guy who suggested we should invest in infrastructure (like, I don't know, NHS and pandemic prep, months before we had to deal with that for free ), not tender services to money-grubbing mates of the government and overcharge taxpayers, nationalize and diversify energy ( no issues with energy costs clearly now), and water (no issues with current water quality), as well as investing in green tech and being a western leader (but no, we don't have an employment crisis in large parts of the country; don't have issues with global warming), and deal with housing ladder crisis by building low-cost homes along with public-sector rental and HA rent-and equity properties (because we don't have a rent crisis or people not being able to get on the ladder). Just pie in the sky shit, clearly. You're really perspicuous.
Make plant feel silly in the CE forum please. This is not on topic now.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Out of interest, what are the major issues you have with the Qatar/Jassim bid?
Mostly its the unknowns, not clear who actually is invovled or any history in sports investment so its a bit of a gamble on what kind of owner he might be.

With Sir Jim Ratcliffe there is at least a fair bit of info out there which can be used to assess what kind of owner we would get - although looking at history at Nice & Lausanne its far from positive.

Crimson King

You're wasting your breath mate, the Tory media well and truly did it's job on Corbyn in most people's psyches.

I'm in no way a Corbynista, but it still saddens me how unnecessary a reaction his name causes with people who rarely know jack shit. Especially when they think he's the second coming of Stalin, but would happily usher in a new golden (shower) dawn under Boris if given a chance.

Anyway, think there's non-football sections for this stuff. So back to football...

LUHG!

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
The silence in recent days should be good right ?

Keegan may have been off to holiday last week and he may have decided not to waste his time and energy on our takeover situation. But i think this week with renewed energy he will update us with a positive news about the situation.

Anyway i can give you an positive cryptic update from our reliable sport lawyer "lawtop20" :lol: !

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The point you're trying to make is obvious, it's just that you're doing a pretty poor job of it.

RA: Ratcliffe's an incredibly wealthy United fan that only has a Chelsea ticket and attempted to buy Chelsea a year ago. I watch Palace the second-most after United because I got a free season ticket when I lived in London.

GOTCHA!!!!
@Shipperley come take your boy, we don't want to see him around here. :angel:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Taking a thread off topic
Ah yes this thread was lacking in whataboutism. Especially for things that never actually happened, making it impossible to say how it would've gone.
How on earth is that ‘Whataboutism’?

I’m not absolving or excusing the Tories at all, but Labour have been a shambles for years. The whole Blair/Brown conflict, selecting the wrong Miliband, swerving left and voting in Corbyn “for a laugh” and all the antisemitism crap. Nobody with a brain would vote for that.

Lib Dem’s have imploded and any of the smaller parties are pointless. Frankly a spoilt ballot is a better use of your vote!

Zora

At this point I would take a monkey smashing a typewriter over the last 4 years we've had. But anyway, back on topic (if that's possible).
My thoughts exactly. Can @Plant0x84 be banned from this thread again please? He brings nothing except crap jokes and always details this thread with nonsense.
The silence in recent days should be good right ?

Keegan may have been off to holiday last week and he may have decided not to waste his time and energy on our takeover situation. But i think this week with renewed energy he will update us with a positive news about the situation.

Anyway i can give you an positive cryptic update from our reliable sport lawyer "lawtop20" :lol: , who had been decent in recent years for United news.
LawTop20 has never been decent for Utd related news, he’s an attention seeking wind up merchant who’s got the young Utd fans on strings.

RatPack

This is the week, surely…
This is beginning to remind me of last years De Jong thread.

- It will be today, this week, this month or before the 1. July.

In this end nothing will have happened when to window closes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Anyway i can give you an positive cryptic update from our reliable sport lawyer "lawtop20" :lol: !

A mug update for mugs. Lawtop, more like laptop, his source which he used to write made up scenarios in Microsoft Word.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How on earth is that ‘Whataboutism’?

I’m not absolving or excusing the Tories at all, but Labour have been a shambles for years. The whole Blair/Brown conflict, selecting the wrong Miliband, swerving left and voting in Corbyn “for a laugh” and all the antisemitism crap. Nobody with a brain would vote for that.

Lib Dem’s have imploded and any of the smaller parties are pointless. Frankly a spoilt ballot is a better use of your vote!
I warned you to go back to the subject matter.

mshnsh

Glazers were feckers when buying the club (used leverage and put the club in debt), were feckers when running the club (no investment in infrastructure, no investment in football people to run the club and actually took money out of the club), are feckers when selling the club (prolonging the process so they can maximise their earning and are in the process hurting the club with regards to transfers). Can they just feck off already, the yank cnuts.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Glazers were feckers when buying the club (used leverage and put the club in debt), were feckers when running the club (no investment in infrastructure, no investment in football people to run the club and actually took money out of the club), are feckers when selling the club (prolonging the process so they can maximise their earning and are in the process hurting the club with regards to transfers). Can they just feck off already, the yank cnuts.
They can't help being yanks, other than that spot on.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Malcolm was the original fecker (OF). These are just sons/daughter of fecker.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He then went on to deny allegations for racism. Think he left to carve out his own legacy and not be the "spare part/donar" for his brother and nephews
Aww well Harry's not the brightest and a heriditary monarchy is racist by definition, but that's by the by. The point is he left his royal nest but Jassim hasn't. And sure you can call Jassim's billions private wealth on paper, but if he doesn't do what he's told by his father and the Emir then he would get punished or forced into exile. Power flows through him, not from him. It's a state bid.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Wouldn't it be classified as inter-generational wealth or soon to be? Like lots of wealthy people in the West.
No because the people who gave it to him are still alive and tell him what to do. And if he doesn't then he will be punished. See Riyadh Ritz purge for more details of how it works.

greenoffpearson

I think the silence points to us soon reaching a conclusion. It looks like Qatar are currently in the lead with discussions started around an exclusive period. Meanwhile they are waiting to see if Ratcliffe can beat The Qatari offer - the fact he’s had to be so creative with his offer already by being flexible with the percentage of the club he is trying to purchase promising the Glazers future earnings suggests that he’s already hit his spending threshold so it seems unlikely he’s going to put another offer in that values the club even higher and tips the balance back towards him.

My prediction is early this week we will have Ratcliffe briefing his favourite journalists that he’s withdrawing from the process leaving Qatar clear to enter the exclusive period.
Agree with your comments.

It will be telling if SJR withdraws, however given that the Reuters news came out last week, a true account but still leaked by the Raine group, and nothing’s happened, from the SJR camp. in the meantime in terms of any leaks from The Times, I would assume that SJR is going through his options before making any declaration.

In the background, as we have been told, this exclusivity agreement is being prepared, no doubt SJ has instructed his lawyers to conclude the document preparation tutto pronto whilst the Glazers lawyers have been advised to take the “slowly slowly Christmas coming” approach, before sending the document to Florida for individual parasites lawyers to feed over it with their comments for revision.

The Glazers have no incentive to accelerate the process, they have two catches who are emotionally tied to the purchase and won’t let go, even if SJ presented them with even more money, to speed things up, they would still take their time and expect that extra money!

Last edited:

DanClancy

Don't remember ever seeing anyone who is pro Glazer on here for a long time.
There was a good few financial experts who claimed to be United fans who always came on too defend them, they've not posted the last 12 months. Sadly they managed to attract a good few sheep so job done from their point of view.

Spoony

The People's President
There was a good few financial experts who claimed to be United fans who always came on too defend them, they've not posted the last 12 months. Sadly they managed to attract a good few sheep so job done from their point of view.
Yeah they were shills.

croadyman

I think the silence points to us soon reaching a conclusion. It looks like Qatar are currently in the lead with discussions started around an exclusive period. Meanwhile they are waiting to see if Ratcliffe can beat The Qatari offer - the fact he’s had to be so creative with his offer already by being flexible with the percentage of the club he is trying to purchase promising the Glazers future earnings suggests that he’s already hit his spending threshold so it seems unlikely he’s going to put another offer in that values the club even higher and tips the balance back towards him.

My prediction is early this week we will have Ratcliffe briefing his favourite journalists that he’s withdrawing from the process leaving Qatar clear to enter the exclusive period.
Yeah fingers crossed he withdraws but zero noise so far that he's even considering it

Status
Not open for further replies.