Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Foo

People keep repeating that our transfer window is fecked or similar, but is that actually the case?

If Jim or Jassim took over tomorrow we'd still be working under the same FFP restrictions would we not?

I read somewhere recently that Kieran Maguire thinks we could spend £250m this summer and still adhere to FFP.
Yea that's my understanding too. I think at best the new owners relieve our debt obligations and we can spend a bit more? But it would be quite damning if we are actually waiting on ownership situation before moving on our targets

stevoc

Yea that's my understanding too. I think at best the new owners relieve our debt obligations and we can spend a bit more?
Possibly, no idea about the mechanisms and timescales of when that debt can be paid off and when it counts towards FFP etc.

But you'd imagine once it got to late April and the takeover wasn't finalised that the club would have just went into the window with the plans we had in place. If what Maguire says is true that the club can afford to spend £200m+ this summer topped up by sales then there's no reason we can't have a good window regardless of whether or not the takeover is completed. And even it were sealed tonight it's still going to take weeks to get ratified by the PL etc.

And I don't imagine there was ever going to be a scenario where new owners came in and we immediately had a few extra hundreds of millions to spend anyway. As with every transfer window people are getting themselves worked up and being dramatic.

But it would be quite damning if we are actually waiting on ownership situation before moving on our targets
Indeed, you'd like to think all the deals we're trying to complete this summer would have been worked on for months.

stevoc

No. Just a Sun journalist and pro photographer happened to be there at night to thankfully capture the whole thing, with quotes from the thugs
Thank god they were there, who knows how things could have escalated if they weren't.

The thugs might have left his gates open or something.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Possibly, no idea about the mechanisms and timescales of when that debt can be paid off and when it counts towards FFP etc.

But you'd imagine once it got to late April and the takeover wasn't finalised that the club would have just went into the window with the plans we had in place. If what Maguire says is true that the club can afford to spend £200m+ this summer topped up by sales then there's no reason we can't have a good window regardless of whether or not the takeover is completed. And even it were sealed tonight it's still going to take weeks to get ratified by the PL etc.

And I don't imagine there was ever going to be a scenario where new owners came in and we immediately had a few extra hundreds of millions to spend anyway. As with every transfer window people are getting themselves worked up and being dramatic.

Indeed, you'd like to think all the deals we're trying to complete this summer would have been worked on for months.
I am sure they have done their scenario planning, especially in view for such dramatic structural shifts within the organisation. The expedient approach with how they got Sabitzer should be some indication of that sort of planning or management.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Something is definitely going to happen today - trust me. If it doesn’t I will delete this post.

Zora

Serious question: who the hell is this Nick Speed chancer? He’s a dude with a weird profile picture and that’s it. The Muppetiers seem more reliable at this point and that’s saying something.

Andy_Cole

Woodward got plenty of abuse including bavaclala masked men visiting his house in rage. How come the Glazers never had such a thing happened to them? what they did is way worse and the worst thing that has ever happened to them directly is a reporter asking if they were considering selling the club.
Because they live in America. If they were housed here I’m sure it would be worse

Andy_Cole

Serious question: who the hell is this Nick Speed chancer? He’s a dude with a weird profile picture and that’s it. The Muppetiers seem more reliable at this point and that’s saying something.
Makes himself sound clever by taking pics of share price news.

Woziak

Those are made up bs nos. just last year utd were valued at $4.6bn https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...worth-51-billion-back-on-top/?sh=7938bc7f286b, what magical events happened in a year that the valuation rose to 6bn? there is no financial basis to that increase. Glazers have wanted 6bn that has been pretty consistent, neither buyer is willing to go close to that figure.
We’ll revisit this when all the final details are published of the sale, you, me and many united fans are in for a huge shock on just how greedy these Goblin Cnuts really are ?

stevoc

I am sure they have done their scenario planning, especially in view for such dramatic structural shifts within the organisation. The expedient approach with how they got Sabitzer should be some indication of that sort of planning or management.
I hope so, there seems to be more of a planned approach in the last years or two since Woodward fecked off. So I'm fairly hopeful that the takeover drama won't affect Ten Hag's plans at all this summer.

Giggsyking

I hope so, there seems to be more of a planned approach in the last years or two since Woodward fecked off. So I'm fairly hopeful that the takeover drama won't affect Ten Hag's plans at all this summer.
There is 0 chance for this.

laughtersassassin

Honestly can't believe a decision hasn't been made or announced by this point.

Like I thought it would drag on but its weeks since Jassim put in the "final" Bid. And months since the end of the third round of bidding

romufc

Clearly it is already affecting the plans. Ten Hag wants players in, we dont know the budget, which is why we cannot let DDG go.

Its already making a negative impact.

stw2022

Will they want to announce it before the Premier League and FA have passed the ownership test?

putzmcgee123

A random tool who posts made up "rumours" on one website, then references those rumours as a source on his Twitter account.

Plenty of people know how big of a story this is and fabricate rumours before news is reported for attention. Also because if their predictions coincidentally end up being somewhat correct, they look like they know what they are talking about and some people may listen to them in the future.

JuriM

No spending on transfers until we get the club's sale thing out of the way - whatever that means. If that would even be remotely true, we are gonna have a rough time.

Infra-red

Will they want to announce it before the Premier League and FA have passed the ownership test?
My guess is that both bidders will already have got an unofficial nod from the relevant football authorities. It would be a colossal waste of time and money for either bidder if they were to fall at that hurdle.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No spending on transfers until we get the club's sale thing out of the way - whatever that means. If that would even be remotely true, we are gonna have a rough time.
That was the case from day one. It was delusional to think that we will buy someone during sale process.

Infra-red

That was the case from day one. It was delusional to think that we will buy someone during sale process.
We would have bought someone already if Chelsea had accepted our offers for Mount.

The club will have a budget for this summer and that budget will be known to both bidders - it will have formed part of the club's financial projections that will have been made available to the bidders earlier in the process.

The Athletic say the budget is £100m plus sales - that's probably correct.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Those are made up bs nos. just last year utd were valued at $4.6bn https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...worth-51-billion-back-on-top/?sh=7938bc7f286b, what magical events happened in a year that the valuation rose to 6bn? there is no financial basis to that increase. Glazers have wanted 6bn that has been pretty consistent, neither buyer is willing to go close to that figure.
The magical event is that they want to sell - when it comes to takeover nearly all companies sell for a big premium over what the stock market generally values them at

Plus these Forbes valuations are just guesses based on several assumptions - it's just a guideline and certainly not meant to be taken as fact

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Regarding transfer activity, I wonder if that’s something that might be agreed as part of the exclusive period. It’s being sold as an ongoing concern so up until now the Glazers would have been operating as if it the club was not being sold and they worst case scenario they were still owners next year that could change with the right agreement in place.

stevoc

There is 0 chance for this.
Explain please?

Ten Hag and the club will have been identifying players for the best part of a year, working out what the budget will be and then starting the ground work on targets via their Agents/Clubs in the last few months.

How would the takeover affect these plans?

Clearly it is already affecting the plans. Ten Hag wants players in, we dont know the budget, which is why we cannot let DDG go.

Its already making a negative impact.
How would we not?

The budget is dictated by FFP and the clubs own income, the club will have known what sort of budget would be available this summer for weeks/months. It's not like if Jim or Jassim took over last week we'd have an extra £200m to spend. Happy to be corrected but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

Coleyoscar

Honestly can't believe a decision hasn't been made or announced by this point.

Like I thought it would drag on but its weeks since Jassim put in the "final" Bid. And months since the end of the third round of bidding
I know what you mean but I think we should not be surprised,

One of the characteristics of the Glazer regime has been their inability to make timely decisions. In almost every sphere the club takes an age to act and almost always chooses an option which postpones the tough choices. We have seen this in transfer negotiations, contract agreements, managerial appointments, etc., etc.

Taking forever to make the decision to sell is right 'on brand' for the Glazers. They lack the most basic leadership skill of all - the ability to make a decision.

romufc

How would we not?

The budget is dictated by FFP and the clubs own income, the club will have known what sort of budget would be available this summer for weeks/months. It's not like if Jim or Jassim took over last week we'd have an extra £200m to spend. Happy to be corrected but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.
There are multiple reports out there that the Glazers are not going to sanction any deal until the takeover is complete because we need to go and renegotiate our loan positions. We didn't make a profit, which means we cant spend money.

Actually, I will correct you because, if Jassim takes over we will have more to spend. He will clear the debt which in turn will allow us to spend more because we wont be paying interest payments.

It is obvious that we can spend more with richer owners.. see Newcastle, Villa, Fulham.

stevoc

There are multiple reports out there that the Glazers are not going to sanction any deal until the takeover is complete because we need to go and renegotiate our loan positions. We didn't make a profit, which means we cant spend money.
We've already made two bids for Mount so those multiple reports are clearly nonsense.

Again we're making bids for players so clearly we can spend money.

Kieran Maguire a football finance expert said only a few weeks ago that even under FFP United should be alright to spend £200m+ this summer. Even if that's an optimistic estimate we clearly aren't skint and this takeover process shouldn't be affecting transfers that have been planned for months.

Actually, I will correct you because, if Jassim takes over we will have more to spend. He will clear the debt which in turn will allow us to spend more because we wont be paying interest payments.

It is obvious that we can spend more with richer owners.. see Newcastle, Villa, Fulham.
How long does it take for the PL to conduct a fit and proper persons test and ratify a takeover?

How long does it take for Jassim to clear the debt?

How long before that extra money that would have been set aside for interest payments becomes available?

How long before it counts as extra income with regards to FFP?

Sections of the media are cashing in on United fans yearly transfer anxieties by spreading misinformation it seems.

romufc

We've already made two bids for Mount so those multiple reports are clearly nonsense.

Again we're making bids for players so clearly we can spend money.

Kieran Maguire a football finance expert said only a few weeks ago that even under FFP United should be alright to spend £200m+ this summer. Even if that's an optimistic estimate we clearly aren't skint and this takeover process shouldn't be affecting transfers that have been planned for months.

How long does it take for the PL to conduct a fit and proper persons test and ratify a takeover?

How long does it take for Jassim to clear the debt?

How long before that extra money that would have been set aside for interest payments becomes available?

How long before it counts as extra income with regards to FFP?

Sections of the media are cashing in on United fans yearly transfer anxieties by spreading misinformation it seems.
So all in all you are agreeing with me, the takoever is going to have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.