g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

I am not a pro Glazers, but from a business POV, the rumored final bid from SJ is £ 5B which equals to $6.3B is not a tempting offer. Washington commmanders, a NFL franchise i hadnt heard of before, was sold for $6B in early June.
Comparing the sell of united to the sell of Washington commanders is like comparing the sell of a car to the sell of a house.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I am not a pro Glazers, but from a business POV, the rumored final bid from SJ is £ 5B which equals to $6.3B is not a tempting offer. Washington commmanders, a NFL franchise i hadnt heard of before, was sold for $6B in early June.
The latest bid is reported to be £5.5bn.

Giggsyking

I think Kieran Macguire is probably right. A lot of people have been profiting from these news leaks. Pro Qatar rumours seem to have a positive effect and that reflects the share price. Fans are being played.
I am pretty sure this is illegal.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
Then I would say they do not understand how finances in football and American Sports work. American Sports you can tank and still makes loads of money. Football you need to constantly invest money to make money.
As said, the glazers are not good business people they wont understand the logic:nono:

Spoony

The People's President
You think serious business journalists from Reuters and Bloomberg are putting their credibility and reputations on the line for this?

Of all the millions of stocks they report on daily they’ve decided to play games with this one?
Good point. Yeah if Bloomberg have been reporting then there's substance.

Loon

:lol:
I’m quietly confident this is still going to be going on on during my birthday - in January…

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You think serious business journalists from Reuters and Bloomberg are putting their credibility and reputations on the line for this?

Of all the millions of stocks they report on daily they’ve decided to play games with this one?
The Reuters “update” was just telling us that SJ is negotiating for exclusivity. Which he’s basically been doing since he made his very first bid.

What earth shattering revelation has Bloomberg just dropped? (Can’t read article, paywalled)

redshaw

Their previous name was the Washington Redskins if that makes any difference, a very well known and successful team.

Spoony

The People's President
The Reuters “update” was just telling us that SJ is negotiating for exclusivity. Which he’s basically been doing since he made his very first bid.

What earth shattering revelation has Bloomberg just dropped? (Can’t read article, paywalled)
Sources say the Qataris feel they've won. Either their sources are the Raine Group or Jassim's crew. Surely they're not going to comply eith Raine leaks? This is Bloomberg. But I must admit to having doubts.

Rake

"Those within the inner circle of the Qatari bid have now begun communicating their confidence of victory and believe it’s just a matter of time before an official announcement is made "

cyberman

I see.

I do feel this post is probably one more heavily affected by 'the emotional weight in a fan' than the moderators choice of thread titles.
Not really. I hate both options but it’s glaring how reports before and after the Reuters article have been treated.
I’m just pointing that out.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

The problem is, you're putting too much onus on their articles. A quick scan through Reuters football articles shows that they often comment on what their sources tell them, which often turns out incorrect.

The other issue is that, this isn't putting their reputations on the line. 99.999999% of people don't even care about the Reuters article, it's just mainly people on the internet that are absolutely obsessed and dripping with desperation for Qatar to win. Their journalist even clarified that the article wasn't confirmation of anything. It was worthless, and I bet the Bloomberg article is too.

cyberman

That Qatar are expecting an announcement of their takeover imminently?
Edit and Reuters were first to claim Qatar were now the favoured option of a sale. Not small updates at all

putzmcgee123

Benzinga are disreputable now? :lol:
Correct. They may offer certain products and services which some find useful, but to cite them as a source of any exclusive news is way off.

To be clear, I have always been of the belief that it's the Qataris' to lose, and the Reuters and Bloomberg reports do mean something. Nothing Bazinga say is going to move the needle.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This is a big claim:

However, "those within the inner circle of the Qatari bid have now begun communicating their confidence of victory," Bloomberg said sources informed them, adding that they believe it is a matter of time before an official announcement is made.
So Bloomberg are claiming to have sources which have heard directly from within the Qatari camp that they have won.

You can be as cynical as you like about it but short of an official announcement you are not going to get anything more solid.

1. Bloomberg have a solid reputation.
2. It’s come from financial journalists, not headline chasing football journalists.
3. Bloomberg trusted sources claim to have heard it directly from the Qatari camp.
4. The claim isn’t that their bid is “preferred” or “in the lead”, they think it’s actually won.

Lyng

The problem is, you're putting too much onus on their articles. A quick scan through Reuters football articles shows that they often comment on what their sources tell them, which often turns out incorrect.

The other issue is that, this isn't putting their reputations on the line. 99.999999% of people don't even care about the Reuters article, it's just mainly people on the internet that are absolutely obsessed and dripping with desperation for Qatar to win. Their journalist even clarified that the article wasn't confirmation of anything. It was worthless, and I bet the Bloomberg article is too.
This isnt a transfer. This is about finances. They absolutely wouldnt just throw that out there.

buchansleftleg

You could imagine somebody making a series out of it. What would it be called?
Suggested Titles...
Glazed Over
Knives Out versus the Glass Onion
Amortization II Electric Boogaloo
What Would Woodward Do?
Ever Considering Bids
What Avram wants...Avram gets! (for Martial)
Sheikh and Baked
A Fistful of Leveraged Buyout Share Certificates
Citizen Malcolm

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Suggested Titles...
Glazed Over
Knives Out versus the Glass Onion
Amortization II Electric Boogaloo
What Would Woodward Do?
Ever Considering Bids
What Avram wants...Avram gets! (for Martial)
Sheikh and Baked
A Fistful of Leveraged Buyout Share Certificates
Citizen Malcolm
Pane with the Glazers.

Perception

Do you guys not know how stocks market work? these "a bit of profit taking", "going up", "going down" happens everyday in stocks market. It's not a fecking indicator..
Aye its simple price action. But when it comes to technical analysis its very easy to appear smarter than what you're actually showing. Ofcourse after a bullish movement there will be some profit taking, resulting in a slight pullback

Skills

Snitch
Then I would say they do not understand how finances in football and American Sports work. American Sports you can tank and still makes loads of money. Football you need to constantly invest money to make money.
Football clubs just don't make money period. American sports are rigged with salary caps and franchise models in order to make money for the owners.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is this one of the most dull and protracted saga ever? Worse than the FDJ nonsense from last year.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nothing about SJR package seems appealing to me. Why are people all for it? Just feels like more of the same to me.

Last edited:

Chief123

Nothing about SJ package seems appealing to me. Why are people all for it? Just feels like more of the same to me.
How does Sheikh Jassim’s proposal seem more of the same (Glazers) to you? I can’t see any similarities at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.