Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Mods i get that the funny thread titles are sort of a signature around the caf now. But that title really doesn't help us understand the latest update. I like to use the title as a guide to whats happening. Does it now mean that Qatar are being briefed as frontrunners? Or does it mean we are getting conflicting reports on who is leading
The update is that theres no update. Repeat until the season starts.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mods i get that the funny thread titles are sort of a signature around the caf now. But that title really doesn't help us understand the latest update. I like to use the title as a guide to whats happening. Does it now mean that Qatar are being briefed as frontrunners? Or does it mean we are getting conflicting reports on who is leading
If you want to piece together the last bits of news:
  1. Benzinga suggested on Monday that the successful bidder would be told before the financial reports were released on Tuesday.
  2. Financial reports were released on Tuesday.
  3. On Wednesday, Bloomberg are reporting that Qatar are now confident that their offer has won. Which is different from “confident they are winning”.

stw2022

Like the last time serious, credible sources like Reuters and Bloomberg are having their stories given equal weight as bullshit guess workers on Twitter in order to create the illusion of chaos to produce the 'funniest' thread title.

greenoffpearson

Glazers are running out of rope.

Sir Jim appears tapped out. He probably could come in with a bid but ultimately is a businessman, in the true sense of the word, and without more time has realised, that at short notice, he can only look to the lenders of last resort and has baulked at the options.

Therefore the Glazers have lost one of their prime levers of leverage.

Next lever, the family disharmony.

The siblings don't all agree approach.

The underlying objective for the Glazer family is cash accumulation.

The siblings have been very fortunate, they had an industrious father who was a Sir Jim type businessman. Essentially self made man who could see a deal.

The siblings are financially fortunate, but less fortunate in other ways, as we can see, step forward Av.

However, these guys are not business people in the Malcolm/Sir Jim mode they have assets and must make the most of each asset, that is their primary focus.

Jassim is also fortunate, born into a family with money, from certain county at a certain time. However his mentality is different, he has opportunities coming from every direction, he does not have to focus on flogging one or two personal assets. He can make vast amounts of money with ease.

The Glazer siblings are not so fortunate, not natural business people but smart enough to know what they have and shameless enough to exploit any opportunity to extract everything from those assets.

They will probably not sell the Tampa Bay Bucs, they live in Florida, but regulations dictate that the club has to be run according to a stricter set of regulations, however the NFL is the ultimate cash register

United was the perfect asset for them.

Relaxed regulation, for some reason in this country we seem to have the ideology that business must be open and transparent to all, otherwise the UK won't be attractive, generally regardless of the asset.

This is ideal for the asset stripper, nothing is off limits. Even in the US the bastion of apparent free trade they regulate who can buy their sports franchises and how they can be financed and run.

The Glazer family, as we know, did what they did in buying United.

Before Malcolm died the club was listed on the NYSE, he sold 10%. That 10% was used to clear much of the interest heavy loans, I believe.

However following his death, his children have used United as a cash register.

They have sold off another 20%, raising hundreds of millions which they have used for themselves.

Now that option is gone.

They have about 3% which they can sell and that is it, finished, the cash register is then, literally, empty, for them.

They could sell more, but the magic 67% needs to be retained, otherwise it would be a tactical disaster, they would lose their total control over the club.

Obviously, in losing total control they lose much of the value of their shares.

Dividends have dried up, for the time being, and these siblings need more than a few million, they have lived off hundreds of millions, in recent years, and won't be able to return to the days when Malcolm controlled the cash register.

Simply they have to sell.

Jassim's team know this and that is why they aren't necessarily handing over 6 billion, they have seen the game from the start.

The Glazers, without Sir Jim, are playing their last card, family disharmony stopping a sale, but Jassim has that card marked, but he will be frustrated with all the cat and mouse games and the general delay and posturing and the Glazer's are hoping for one last mighty effort.

That said, the Glazers made the mistake of canvassing the club as an auction.

If they had not openly declared that they were seeking strategic finance and openly invited bids they could have gone down the private sale of their shares route and then they could have separated their sale from the Class A shareholders.

However once Jassim made the offer to buy out the whole club it appears that was fatal for the Glazer's options.

Now they can't choose an offer in isolation of the other shareholders, which they could have done if it was a private sale, but they put out a club statement and it was a whole club strategy and not a private sale:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...strategic-alternatives-to-enhance-club-growth

I suspect their advisors are having to explain themselves.

The only other way out, for the Glazers, is to fully withdraw from a full sale, however due to the empty cash register they must sell now or sell very soon, particularly in the absence of a European Super League option.

Conclusion, sale announcement in the next few days, the veil of secrecy is coming off, people have already started to squeal, they can't hold off much longer, NYSE requirements dictate they must be open, their strategies have now run their course.

Last edited:

phunky

Needs to change his underwear
That's market speculation and it happens all the time. Sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they're right. It shouldn't be used as an indicator if a club is about to get sold or not.
People are speculating that any positive price movements indicate traders have heard some news and are buying in. For example, there was a huge volume spike of >100K of shares being bought yesterday, unlikely by retail investors like you and me but institutional ones. No one is buying our stocks now because we are "value for money", just for laughs, or bragging rights.

oz insomniac

Another day passes when the ghouls do absolutely nothing and cement their position as the worst owners of any football club. It’s easy to get the feeling that due to the fans absolute rejection of the Glazers that they are more than likely delaying any sale as a payback for the multitude not lining up and praising them. A middle finger salute if you like to the global fans of United.
As before , urinate elsewhere, take your I’ll gotten and unpaid for gains which left the club in an increasing and massive debt, and find a place where we don’t ever hear your name again.

Idxomer

Is it? It’s the second time after a major publication broke some news that the title didn’t represent the story at all
And there hasn't been any actual update from the INEOS side this time either.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Another day passes when the ghouls do absolutely nothing and cement their position as the worst owners of any football club. It’s easy to get the feeling that due to the fans absolute rejection of the Glazers that they are more than likely delaying any sale as a payback for the multitude not lining up and praising them. A middle finger salute if you like to the global fans of United.
As before , urinate elsewhere, take your I’ll gotten and unpaid for gains which left the club in an increasing and massive debt, and find a place where we don’t ever hear your name again.
Pretty much how I feel

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Sir Jim appears tapped out. He probably could come in with a bid but ultimately is a businessman, in the true sense of the word, and without more time has realised, that at short notice, he can only look to the lenders of last resort and has baulked at the options.

The siblings have been very fortunate, they had an industrious father who was a Sir Jim type businessman. Essentially self made man who could see a deal.

The siblings are financially fortunate, but less fortunate in other ways, as we can see, step forward Av.

However, these guys are not business people in the Malcolm/Sir Jim mode they have assets and must make the most of each asset, that is their primary focus.

Jassim is also fortunate, born into a family with money, from certain county at a certain time. However his mentality is different, he has opportunities coming from every direction, he does not have to focus on flogging one or two personal assets. He can make vast amounts of money with ease.

The Glazer siblings are not so fortunate, not natural business people but smart enough to know what they have and shameless enough to exploit any opportunity to extract everything from those assets.

They will probably not sell the Tampa Bay Bucs, they live in Florida, but regulations dictate that the club has to be run according to a stricter set of regulations, however the NFL is the ultimate cash register

Relaxed regulation, for some reason in this country we seem to have the ideology that business must be open and transparent to all, otherwise the UK won't be attractive, generally regardless of the asset.

This is ideal for the asset stripper, nothing is off limits. Even in the US the bastion of apparent free trade they regulate who can buy their sports franchises and how they can be financed and run.

Before Malcolm died the club was listed on the NYSE, he sold 10%. That 10% was used to clear much of the interest heavy loans, I believe.

They have sold off another 20%, raising hundreds of millions which they have used for themselves.

Now that option is gone.

They have about 3% which they can sell and that is it, finished, the cash register is then, literally, empty, for them.

They could sell more, but the magic 67% needs to be retained, otherwise it would be a tactical disaster, they would lose their total control over the club.

Dividends have dried up, for the time being, and these siblings need more than a few million, they have lived off hundreds of millions, in recent years, and won't be able to return to the days when Malcolm controlled the cash register.

Jassim's team know this and that is why they aren't necessarily handing over 6 billion, they have seen the game from the start.

The Glazers, without Sir Jim, are playing their last card, family disharmony stopping a sale, but Jassim has that card marked, but he will be frustrated with all the cat and mouse games and the general delay and posturing and the Glazer's are hoping for one last mighty effort.

If they had not openly declared that they were seeking strategic finance and openly invited bids they could have gone down the private sale of their shares route and then they could have separated their sale from the Class A shareholders.

However once Jassim made the offer to buy out the whole club it appears that was fatal for the Glazer's options.

Now they can't choose an offer in isolation of the other shareholders, which they could have done if it was a private sale, but they put out a club statement and it was a whole club strategy and not a private sale:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...strategic-alternatives-to-enhance-club-growth

The only other way out, for the Glazers, is to fully withdraw from a full sale, however due to the empty cash register they must sell now or sell very soon, particularly in the absence of a European Super League option.

Conclusion, sale announcement in the next few days, the veil of secrecy is coming off, people have already started to squeal, they can't hold off much longer, NYSE requirements dictate they must be open, their strategies have now run their course.
Reads like a script for a TV mini-series.

Btw are you related to Luckyscout by any chance?

stw2022

Is it? It’s the second time after a major publication broke some news that the title didn’t represent the story at all
Yeah I would agree. It's ironic the transfer Tweet thread has 'tier' rules but thread titles think 'my mate reckons' and Reuters are equally valid sources.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
People are speculating that any positive price movements indicate traders have heard some news and are buying in. For example, there was a huge volume spike of >100K of shares being bought yesterday, unlikely by retail investors like you and me but institutional ones. No one is buying our stocks now because we are "value for money", just for laughs, or bragging rights.
Yeah its all speculation. Can also be insitutions or big traders trying to ride the wave. I think we can ignore the stocks trading stuffs now considering even the buyers who intend to spend billions dont even know if its going to happen or not!

sirAlexsglasses

I’m a big believer In Karma, and it’s obvious these vile creatures will not get theirs in this lifetime, my only hope is that this set of pond life scum, return into the next life in abject poverty, but with a semblance of memory as to why. That is the only way you hurt greed, they really are the vilest of the vile.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I’m a big believer In Karma, and it’s obvious these vile creatures will not get theirs in this lifetime, my only hope is that this set of pond life scum, return into the next life in abject poverty, but with a semblance of memory as to why. That is the only way you hurt greed, they really are the vilest of the vile.
Harsh on @Pexbo and @Vidyoyo

Partridge

I'm going to contact a voodoo priest in Haiti and do some business. Maybe a curse will help.

philippexyz

Now that option is gone.

Excellent post. Only thing i disagree with is that the sale announcement is happening in the next few days. It will take at least a couple more weeks, and probably months for that to happen.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
We're in the endgame. Bloomberg are top of the top they won't say anything if they are not confident in their information.

I also think you are underestimating the article from Bloomberg that says Qatar are confident they have won the bidding war. This is big update for us.

I don't know why Ineos are included in the battle at all, the only reliable source that said that Ineos are preferred bidder is the Times, who were supporting Ineos all along.

All of the sources who said that Qatar are confident for the takeover.

Bloomberg
Spectator Index
Benzinga
Rio Ferdinand (club ambassador :lol:)
Reuters
beinSport Qatar
Oracle

None of those mentioned said anything about Ratcliffe which I think that speaks for itself ! There would have been a meltdown here and everywhere else if Bloomberg or Reuters had reported that Ineos are confident of winning the bidding war.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Now that option is gone.

I think you're not far away from the reality in your conclusions but one thing is 100% certain and that's that a sale is their only way out of this mess.

It's a thin line between a seller acting cool or stupid. Right now the Glazers are about to cross that line and if the uncertainty in the sale process continue then the big guns will start to asking questions.

Whenever Bloomberg or equivalent seriously starts asking what's going on then it not only hurts them financially but also their reputation on the market is starting to taking a hit. Not to mention the Raine Group. Their role as advisers and executers will be under scrutiny if there's any suspission of they have been part of a sales manipulation.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
I truly don't see any smart reason not to do a full sale. Use the $6B/5B money to buy a NBA/NFL franchise instead could make them more cash in the future. At least there is no uncertainty in relegation or missing the UCL.

Tiber

How are Ratcliffe and Joel suddenly now confident about the Ineos Bid? I missed that update, did they get yet another super high interest loan?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think updating just cause Qatar had told Bloomberg they're feeling confident was giving people the impression it was something more than it was. It's a major publication alright but it's not much in the way of news.

Woodzy

Bloomberg was fantastic in Jurassic Park but we really shouldn't be taking what he says as gospel.

stw2022

I think updating just cause Qatar had told Bloomberg they're feeling confident was giving people the impression it was something more than it was. It's a major publication alright but it's not much in the way of news.
Reuters and Bloomberg have essentially said the same thing. Given the reputation, reach and resource of those two organisations it's daft their reporting is given the same weight as a Tweet.

What we're seeing is the deliberate cultivation of false equivalency. Reputable financial news outlets in successive weeks being rubbished through the pretending that someone with barely 0.02% of their credibility saying something else is "conflicting reports"

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Reuters and Bloomberg have essentially said the same thing. Given the reputation, reach and resource of those two organisations it's daft their reporting is given the same weight as a Tweet.

What we're seeing is the deliberate cultivation of false equivalency. Reputable financial news outlets in successive weeks being rubbished through the pretending that someone with barely 0.02% of their credibility saying something else is "conflicting reports"
:lol:

What do you think the mods are trying to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.