Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The de Jong transfer thread was a Haiku, this is an epic
I could not believe that people genuinely thought we would buy De Jong, even though he was openly resisting us and swearing his allegiance to Barca.
Gaitan was another one.
Wesley Schneider was also a yearly transfer that never happened.
I do hope that the sale of the club actually does happen. There would be a meltdown of epic proportions if the Glazers say, "We stay!"

Woodzy

Do we even need the word Club tbh? Let’s just call it sale. Or better still just use a dollar sign.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I could not believe that people genuinely thought we would buy De Jong, even though he was openly resisting us and swearing his allegiance to Barca.
Gaitan was another one.
Wesley Schneider was also a yearly transfer that never happened.
I do hope that the sale of the club actually does happen. There would be a meltdown of epic proportions if the Glazers say, "We stay!"
Muppets gonna muppet.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Quick question for those in the thread - do anyone of you actually think this isnt getting done or are you just wishing it would be announced? It seems clear its Qatars. Anyone actually think its not agreed?
Whenever the Glazers are involved be very wary of the absolute crappest, shittest, biggest letdown of an outcome you can imagine.

Whenever they finally go - PROPERLY go - it will be a great, great day for Man Utd.

dpansheth

I resent these 6 group of people so much, may all their sporting ventures fall flat.. come on Falcons, Saints or even Panthers.

Monks_United

I’m pretty sure that if Malcom Glazer was the one selling, we would have been sold by now (for that matter I don’t think the club would have been in the position we are today if it was him running the show at the top). The weak have inherited the club. None of these spoilt brats have had to work their way to where they are today and this is a sizeable portion of their inheritance. As a result, they don’t have it in them to take a decision with any sort of conviction. That is apparent with any financial dealings they have tbh. They’re scared to spend money or make any large financial decision because they’re so unsure of where they will end up since all of this is pretty much uncharted territory for these bumbling buffoons !

Reactions: Fortitude

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

I am still trying to read this thread and have seen numerous posters use this “reporter” as a source - can we make sure in future he is not seen as credible at all.

BTW - the replies to this tweet are vile. What a disgusting human. I wish I was surprised as 28k likes

Telsim

Takeover Targets
"@Takeover Targets UPDATE: Rumor from a source connected with the Glazer family expects details to be released next week on full sale terms."

Brinks2009
"#Man Utd Sale is rumored to be announced once the transfer of all funds agreed has been verified, seems now we will get a PR next week about the terms of the sale #sheikhjassim"
Yep, here we go. It's always next week. Just one last thing to be done. And it will be the same next week.

greenoffpearson

So Jim's last throw of the dice.

It was previously understood that Sir Jim would keep on-board Joel and Av (holdouts).

He could still do that by not purchasing their shareholding, representing about 32%.

Instead he could use those, saved, funds to purchase the problematic Class A shares.

Therefore he would eliminate the, potential, legal minefield.

He has probably already agreed, in outline, some sort of working arrangement with the holdout Glazers. However once he buys out the Class A shares then he would need to reformat the constitution of the company in terms of voting power, however on the basis that they have a broad arrangement that should not be too problematic.

So here the issue for him is that he's paying top dollar based on his offer of buying, initially, only 51%, and therefore he would now have to stretch himself to purchase, at that same higher cost per share, approximately 66% of the total shares. Jassim's new offer has now made that the minimum price he has to pay.

That may explain him canvassing new lenders. He 'now' needs to find the difference between his previous lower 66% purchase offer and his higher cost 51% purchase offer,, as opposed to the previous strategy of paying that higher sum over a longer period.

The above arrangement would make sense if the holdout Glazers were actually looking to stay on and are not simply saying that as a leveraged tactic.

Why would the Glazers not stay on?
They need money for other projects.
No dividends in prospect for years (sustenance money).
Could stay on but still need significant cash now.
Sir Jim won't have the 'extra funds' to upgrade the infrastructure/playing staff for some time to make any meaningful difference to the financial outlook of the club and therefore United will remain an outsider for many years - no massive boost in the value of the club and potentially a proportionate drop off.

The other four Glazers.
They will want as much as the holdouts.

The four will want to ensure that they receive max. value now and are not subsiding a higher payout in the future.

I can't believe that the holdouts can derail the other four and stop a sale.

They will have some sort of written working arrangement between them. However they probably don't want to trigger that to maintain the family harmony but will do so if things can't be agreed, by any maths 4 trumps 2.

That said we will probably know of Sir Jim's progress in the next few days and this may be a reason for The Times not receiving any definitive update of him conceding?

Last edited:

48 hours

This is the sale that never ends,
it just goes on and on, my friends,
the Glazers started selling it,
not knowing what it was,
and they’ll continue selling it forever just because…

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
James Bond also told us in 1997 that Tomorrow never dies

Status
Not open for further replies.