Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

i have wondered... what exactly would happen if the unimaginable happens? pitch invasion? any one has any inkling?
I'd imagine we'd be looking to get a fair few number of games cancelled just like with the Liverpool game after the super league debacle.

Yes we'd be cutting off our nose etc, but its the only way to spook them. That and going after the sponsors too in a peaceful yet debilitating way.

MF1138

The Glazers are still dithering over what to do aren't they? Probably no closer to a decision than they were 3 months ago.:(

Gandalf

There is feck all noise about anything.
Which I guess is why the belief is steadily growing that they are not leaving. It is tough to discern anything remotely factual from even normally reliable sources so we all are left to invent our own outcome to some extent. What is beginning to look likely though is that the Glazer family as a whole are split on which bid to take and the longer this drags on the greater the likelihood that they will end the process and just carry on for another year or two before revisiting the idea of a sale.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Which I guess is why the belief is steadily growing that they are not leaving. It is tough to discern anything remotely factual from even normally reliable sources so we all are left to invent our own outcome to some extent. What is beginning to look likely though is that the Glazer family as a whole are split on which bid to take and the longer this drags on the greater the likelihood that they will end the process and just carry on for another year or two before revisiting the idea of a sale.
Agree.

greenoffpearson

If you think about it logically it depends how the debt was obtained. If the bank relied on your listing as part of the security then they, the bank, may want it repaid prior to delisting, but that would not be part of the delisting requirements but the contract between the bank and the borrower. However the same bank may practically come to the view that they are comfortable with the delisted company and that they can continue to service the debt and provide security and therefore continue to provide the lending?

spwd

It’s more to do with it’s a full sale process and SJ wishes to delist from the NYSE. This has always been his intent.
Therefore the three stages of that takeover would be ;

Stage One - Clear all existing club Debt with existing lenders.

Stage Two - Agree a deal with 69% Majority share holders and make payment to purchase their controlling shares thus taking control of the club

Stage Three - Make a fair trade share offer under Cayman law for 31% minority shares enabling the club to be delisted from the NYSE this could take 3-4 months after stage 1 and 2.
I usually rate your posts but who in their right mind would clear the debt before agreeing a deal with the cnuts?

And what's with this "Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE"?

cyberman

Hopefully people will stop posting tweets and prematurely celebrating Qatar takeover news every week.
Not sure that’s really happening these days since Qatar in has financial heavyweights telling us Qatar are in the lead and that’s the basis of their Qatar are going to win angle ever since then. Nothing has come out against Qatar since then apart from random posts of I don’t think or the way I see it as if anybody on here has a clue.
It’s more the posts trying to discredit Reuters and Bloomberg like yours that’s the problem at this stage
Not having a go, just the way I see it.

sosolid4u09

It's not compulsory to pay off debts as part of a deliberate delisting or takeover in any shape or form. It could be part of the clubs specific loan agreements but i doubt it and as you say we just don't know.

Whoever is buying us will form a new company buy the shares of the existing listed firm and then take it private. They'll still own the existing company and its debt, it's a separate transaction to clear that debt or restructure it.
that's what i thought. which is why i thought its strange that the glazers would in any way shape of form discuss the debt as part of the sale. they're being bought out and the debt transfers to the qataris. what they do with it is none of the glazers concern.

nainaisson

Look closely guys, the Mason Mount unveiling photoshoot is the evidence we need that the sale's all but done.

Besides the Middle Eastern-sepia toned wall, that rug was clearly donated by the Qatari Museum of Islamic Art, it's right out of their carpet collection. I guess the 'forever and ever' banner is a sympathy acknowledgement of how ridiculously long this has been going on for.
Not only are the posters here football and scouting experts, but they're also eminent rugologists who can identify the country of origin of every rug in the world. Surely there has never been a greater collection of geniuses than this forum.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not sure that’s really happening these days since Qatar in has financial heavyweights telling us Qatar are in the lead and that’s the basis of their Qatar are going to win angle ever since then. Nothing has come out against Qatar since then apart from random posts of I don’t think or the way I see it as if anybody on here has a clue.
It’s more the posts trying to discredit Reuters and Bloomberg like yours that’s the problem at this stage
Not having a go, just the way I see it.
I was right about Reuters and Bloomberg. Either their stories weren't as matter of fact as many were claiming, given their constant "according to sources", or they were wrong. I don't know how anybody can declare a party in the lead unless a decision has been made. These guys know feck all.

There's articles just today repeating what was said last week, that the Qatari group have never heard back from the Glazers. Or that the Qatar bid was actually the more complicated of the two. Pick and choose what you believe but there is enough out there to cast doubt on either parties bid. Its a fools game at this point to be confident in anything. I'm actually leaning towards thinking the Glazers will stay at this point.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Lot of noise right now about Glazers staying. So those of you who hate the idea of Qatar might get your wish when the new season approaches as there’s a chance we will be still be owned by the leeches.
really puts all the complaining about Qatar into context. 6 BILLION quid 5.5 billion quid clear profit for something that cost them absolutely NOTHING and has paid them hundreds of millions already…. Their fathers inheritance to them, a religion to millions of people around the world and to the countless families and the communities in the area and around Ireland and the U.K. A company they have almost singlehandedly run into the rubble, and yet still they hang on in there to suck every pound out while they can. They are literally the devil. Disgusting bastards.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is pretty big anyone that disagrees hasn’t got a clue about personal jets.
To be fair anyone that agree likely don't know more about personal jets. We are largely peasants around here!

greenoffpearson

I refuse to contemplate something so awful
Glazer’s have to sell soon.

They have already advertised the fact that the club, as a whole, are seeking strategic options.

Therefore, the only way to withdraw from this is if the bidders pull out or the board make a decision that the options are not viable.

Bidders pulling out

Jassim
No borrowing therefore has cash funds available and unless he has more appealing options he can leave his bid on the table for more than a reasonable period.
The Glazers only option is to somehow force him out but this is unlikely.

Sir Jim
Theoretically may have to withdraw if the finance becomes too expensive or lapses however the longer it goes on you would imagine he would be better able to organise his finances due to returns from his many business operations.

Conclusion the bidders are financially strong and would not need to withdraw.

Therefore, the Glazers are stuck.

The decision, of which group to proceed with or not, would have to be made by the board, however given the minority shareholders holding a gun to the independent board members heads it would seem that the matter is out of the Glazer's control.

Financially the Glazer's have to sell very soon.

We know that four of the Glazers, excluding Darcie and Joel, have independently realised significant sums out through share sales.

Joel, being calculating, probably has not sold because he is preserving his ability to veto any decision he opposes, with Avram supporting him. Similarly, Darcie is probably cunning enough to recognise the Joel factor and tactically has not diluted her interest. However, four brothers including Avram, don't have the option of selling any further shares without disturbing the family majority.

The small-ish dividends are not sufficient for these Glazers anymore and they need to access the hundreds of millions that are available from their shares.

Conclusion

Need to sell and there will be pressure to sell. Time is running out for Joel to find solutions as an alternative to a sale. The equity investors are there in the background but do not really present any appealing option that is more favourable than the two main bidders.

There will be genuine pressure to sell very soon, this whole process started early last year when Joel and Avram were investigating equity options so now it has been something like a year and a half since the process started and the cash hungry family members must be getting restless.

Those hungry members also have the nuclear option of merely selling their shares and reducing the family majority however that would be financial suicide because the value of those shares would fall in the absence of selling the majority holding to a prospective buyer, their shareholding value is tied into providing a buyer with control.

Last edited:

bstb3

Is that supposed to be significant? The man is travelling around the world all the time.
Yeah, but it's New York, where all the shares are being kept in a box. He's gone to get them.
Be interesting to know what the planes final destination is.
Back to Qatar, carrying a big bag of shares. It stands to reason. If you're going to spend Billions on some shares, you'd hardly trust the Glazers to mail them to you. Feckers would send them via Yodel, they'd not turn up for months until mysteriously one day they'd be hoofed over the palace wall and land in pond. Then where would we be. Of course he's sending his Dad's plane to pick them up. He's not an amateur.

NK86

I was right about Reuters and Bloomberg. Either their stories weren't as matter of fact as many were claiming, given their constant "according to sources", or they were wrong. I don't know how anybody can declare a party in the lead unless a decision has been made. These guys know feck all.

There's articles just today repeating what was said last week, that the Qatari group have never heard back from the Glazers. Or that the Qatar bid was actually the more complicated of the two. Pick and choose what you believe but there is enough out there to cast doubt on either parties bid. Its a fools game at this point to be confident in anything. I'm actually leaning towards thinking the Glazers will stay at this point.
Who is reporting these? Is it the usual football journos or the more reputable financial reporters/publications?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
really puts all the complaining about Qatar into context. 6 BILLION quid 5.5 billion quid clear profit for something that cost them absolutely NOTHING and has paid them hundreds of millions already…. Their fathers inheritance to them, a religion to millions of people around the world and to the countless families and the communities in the area and around Ireland and the U.K. A company they have almost singlehandedly run into the rubble, and yet still they hang on in there to suck every pound out while they can. They are literally the devil. Disgusting bastards.
From this…

To this…

jadaba

Not only are the posters here football and scouting experts, but they're also eminent rugologists who can identify the country of origin of every rug in the world. Surely there has never been a greater collection of geniuses than this forum.
Desperation really carries us to new intellectual heights.

Tarrou

Pretty sure i've read previously that in the event of a change of ownership or new majority shareholder, the loans against the Club get called in and would require paying off.
I’ve read it too and a million other things pulled out of thin air

I don’t think it’s possible to know that unless you are privy to the contracts involved

but seeing as Jim doesn’t intend to clear the debt, I think the reality is clear

Tender Teacher

It's a damning indictment of the football journalism industry as a whole that said journalists even feel the need to push out these factually incorrect stories with such frequency.

Moriarty

An interesting question is whether Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is insisting on a few Class B shares from J&A to ensure he has a two thirds majority of voting power. J&A shares make up 33.4% of the voting rights so they would have a veto on major decisions.
I can't see them doing that, can you?

NK86

Jamie Jackson.
Oh so basically a bunch of rumour mongers who have no clue about how any of this is going. I cannot wrap my head around people holding tweets from people like Jamie Jackson in the same esteem as reports from Reuters/Bloomberg on this matter. It's laughable and can only be called as holding onto straws.

RedDevil@84

It's a damning indictment of the football journalism industry as a whole that said journalists even feel the need to push out these factually incorrect stories with such frequency.
Only if you assume that the industry has been spewing truths all along. For years, I have this notion that a majority of the so called journalists who provide breaking news, sit at a table, with a stash of weed, smoke some, get high and then think what bull s**t to make up for the next article. Because they know that they can come up with whatever nonsense they want and then change the tune the next day and no one cares. The football fans are so huge in number that considerable no of clicks to the article is guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.