Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strandty

If Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE wins it, hopefully this guy will be kept far far away from the club's operations.
He will be heavily involved no doubt. He was at INEOS' meeting with the Club hierarchy when SJR tipped the press off to be there

croadyman

If Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE wins it, hopefully this guy will be kept far far away from the club's operations.
Yeah IF it has to be Ratcliffe then at least keep this guy and that other racist one away from running this club

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Truth honestly is nobody has a clue including the Glazers, until they make up their mind it's all speculation, my take on is it they don't want to sell so if they get an offer they deem is too good to be true, they will sell. If they don't they will take investment/ credit and hope in a few years that club world cup/ sponsorships/ tv deals etc makes the value increase exponentially and cash in then as I don't think they can hold onto the asset long term.

FujiVice

I think we call all agree that its not happening within the next 2 to 3 months, if at all. So feck this thread until then.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Truth honestly is nobody has a clue including the Glazers
Think they will eventually - they're just very greedy and until they actively realise they are losing money they will imagine more money than whatever is offered. But it could take a couple of years.

Brophs

The One and Only
Bohemian Rhapsody is released.
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let me go) Will not let you go
(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go
(Let me go) (Never) let you go (Let me go) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Apt.

George The Best

i was in the M&A business for years, and PR does play a part in it. One thought I have is that the Glazer’s leaking they may not sell is a tactic to gauge the reaction - not from us fans, as they don’t give a toss about us, but more so from the share price and the A class shareholders. They will not want to pick a fight with the hedge funds and people like Soros as they don’t have the muscle to compete with them - and if they tried their name would be blackened forever. Not sure this is quite over yet.

SAF is the GOAT

i was in the M&A business for years, and PR does play a part in it. One thought I have is that the Glazer’s leaking they may not sell is a tactic to gauge the reaction - not from us fans, as they don’t give a toss about us, but more so from the share price and the A class shareholders. They will not want to pick a fight with the hedge funds and people like Soros as they don’t have the muscle to compete with them - and if they tried their name would be blackened forever. Not sure this is quite over yet.
Are the other shareholders can sue them if they won't take SJ bid ?

putzmcgee123

Tin foil hat time. Imagine if a bidder feels he is closing in on a deal and sanctioned these articles to boost their own popularity for an impending announcement. :wenger: Ratcliffe and the Sheikh both have their fair share of opposition in the fan base, but legitimately faced with the prospect of the Glazers and the status quo, a lot of fans would take either Ratcliffe or the Sheikh when push comes to shove.

In all seriousness, I would be floored if they announce the end of this process without anything changing. The Class A shareholders will give them a massive headache. There is a distinct possibility they drag this out for who knows how long, though.

Banana Republic

Are the other shareholders can sue them if they won't take SJ bid ?
The exposure to this risk will be growing by the week.
SJ has currently left the room and it’s probable that he’ll lose patience at some point and leave the building completely.
By all account, Qatar are determined not to be taken for a ride on this deal and will simply walk away, if the Glazers don’t made a decision soon. They won’t be panicked into upping their offer.

Pes6Monster

SJ has currently left the room and it’s probable that he’ll lose patience at some point and leave the building completely.
By all account, Qatar are determined not to be taken for a ride on this deal and will simply walk away, if the Glazers don’t made a decision soon. They won’t be panicked into upping their offer.
Qatar will stick around.

They'll want United to sell Qatar. An increased offer if needs be. The Glazers know they're good for it.

George The Best

No way is SJ walking away. His bid is still on the table, awaiting a response from Glazer’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.