Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Batman Forever is released. Feeling like it’s going To be Glazers Forever :(

Woziak

I think they’re after way more than £6B.
The 6 Glazer siblings want £6bn for themselves to relinquish control of the club, they want a enterprise premium payment of $40 per share for there 113m ‘B’ Shares, that’s $4.5bn plus another $260m for their A Shares that’s $4.75bn or £3.7bn and then they want another £2.3bn to relinquish control of the club on top of that to sign over power and sell the deeds to the 43 acres around old Trafford, where currently Joel and Avram’s name sit.

They also want to be compensated for future merchandising, commercial and broadcasting deals.

That’s enterprise value of £6bn which has always been what they want, a sum way over Forbes $6bn valuation for 100% of the club. . Before the £6bn is paid to the Glazers, SJ would also have to pay off the club debt of nearly £1bn which would give them £5bn or $6.5bn then SJ would have to buy the remaining 31% minority minus 4.3% Glazer ‘A’shares which is about 43m ‘A’’shares at rumoured $38 which is $1.634bn or £1.269bn.

Ultimately this is what they want SJ to pay a total price of £7.2bn or $9.2bn.

The current bid is £5.2bn to buy the Glazers shares minus the club debt plus the minority shares at £1.5bn, the bid is already £6.7bn for 100% but the Glazers would only get £4.2bn plus £200m from A shares being sold they want another £500m at least but in a perfect world they want another £1 billion which they are not going to get.

The 92 Foundation if they took control can take up to 6/12 months to buy the remaining 31% of minority shares so they pay £5.4bn now and and another £1.25bn in 6 months after fair trade price offers are made to all shareholders. Basically both SJ and Jimmy can take control of the club buy buying out just the Glazers but they will need to offer other Share holders fair trade price.

I add the current transfer spend is also an issue for the Glazers, this will be additional debt which makes up the £1billion(535m historic, £300m amortised transfer debt) the Glazers are so cheeky they will want the £200m we spend this summer to be subtracted giving them an additional £200m as well!

pogbasformerbarber

These deals take time...they just do.

When things are quiet with the sale and you're a soccer twitter/YouTube/tiktok/instagram influencer there is one tried and true way to get massive clicks...

Throw out some insanely thin rumor that the the sister of the butler to the the wife of the CEO of the cleaning company for the Man Utd toilets heard through a friend of theirs that the Glazers could possibly decide at some point in the near future that they might want to stay if they happen to decide that it makes sense at some point should the decision be something they decide to think about...easy 1 mil clicks/views.

JediSith

Ten Hag says he would like to speak to owners about the takeover in US: "I'm more often in contact with them so this is a good opportunity to share ideas + we can talk informally. It is obvious I can give advice + recommendations but the decision is on the club
This is what I like about ETH. He’s not Ole whose just happy to be in the job but nor is he the Mourinho who lacks the diplomacy skills to get what he needs / wants and ends up antagonising those above, besides and below him.

I can imagine ETH probably pushed for Onana. Very likely the club tried to get him to keep DDG, and then then probably tried persuading him to go for a cheaper keeper.

But ETH found the way to get what he needed. He appears to be doing the same now with a striker. I really won’t be surprised if we make a bid for Kane or Osimhen. Might take selling Maguire, Fred, McTominay AND Sancho, but if we get £120-140 for those lot it’s a deal that can be made. And we will have seriously upgraded our spine. Add Amrabat for £25m and squad will be trim but have most positions covered even with injuries and suspension.

Yorke to Cole

Batman Forever is released. Feeling like it’s going To be Glazers Forever :(
My wonderful sister was born the summer of 95. It was a hot summer.

I went to see that at the cinema. It was awful. However, as a Val Kilmer link, towards the end of 95, I went to see Heat at the pictures with my Dad. I was not expecting much, (remembering Val Kilmer as Batman) and as a teen who did not know too much about what the film was about. We initially went on the Saturday evening and there was a sign saying "Heat, sold out".

My Dad took me back home and said, I am going to buy the tickets early for the following night. So the Sunday came and I did my regular paper round in the morning and then went back to bed (as I usually would did).

When I got up again, I saw my Mum and she said "your Dad's been on the phone, he has brought the tickets and he wants you round his, no later than 7.00".I forgot all about going and I really could not care less. Any,I did as we arranged and went to see it.

To this day, that is the best film. I have ever seen at a cinema visit. De Niro and Pacino were electric and although Val Kilmer was the last Batman, it was as if De Niro had said to him, step aside this serious acting!

That movie introduced me to Taxi Driver. Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Godfather trilogy, Scarface, Carlito's Way etc.

Great times, amongst the backdrop of the 95/96 season and "you can't win anything with kids".

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This is what I like about ETH. He’s not Ole whose just happy to be in the job but nor is he the Mourinho who lacks the diplomacy skills to get what he needs / wants and ends up antagonising those above, besides and below him.

I can imagine ETH probably pushed for Onana. Very likely the club tried to get him to keep DDG, and then then probably tried persuading him to go for a cheaper keeper.

But ETH found the way to get what he needed. He appears to be doing the same now with a striker. I really won’t be surprised if we make a bid for Kane or Osimhen. Might take selling Maguire, Fred, McTominay AND Sancho, but if we get £120-140 for those lot it’s a deal that can be made. And we will have seriously upgraded our spine. Add Amrabat for £25m and squad will be trim but have most positions covered even with injuries and suspension.
In what world do we get 100 mill plus for that quartet? None that I know of.

JediSith

In what world do we get 100 mill plus for that quartet? None that I know of.
Sancho £60
Maguire £40
McTominay £20-30m
Fred £20m

The biggest asset is Sancho. As long as we don’t get screwed over for him and get £60m. Realistically due to his age, type of player, we should be able to get that. Assuming ETH views him as dispensable for a world class striker. With Antony, Garnacho,Rashford, Amad, Pellistri all wingers or able to play there. I think Sancho is worth letting go to add a world class striker

Woziak

Sancho £60
Maguire £40
McTominay £20-30m
Fred £20m

The biggest asset is Sancho. As long as we don’t get screwed over for him and get £60m. Realistically due to his age, type of player, we should be able to get that. Assuming ETH views him as dispensable for a world class striker. With Antony, Garnacho,Rashford, Amad, Pellistri all wingers or able to play there. I think Sancho is worth letting go to add a world class striker
Sancho on £350k per week is going nowhere plus I have a feeling he’ll be playing a lot more off the left this season as Rashford plays as a 9, we are struggling to get a true CF and we might end up with a £20m option like Teremi, we should go all in for Kane offer £90m, Levy will say no then offer £107m an EPL record and just get deal done. We could sell them Maguire for £27m so the real cost is £80m.

croadyman

Imagine what a summer this could have been if they had fecked off. Kim, Mpappe or Osimeh, Caicedo, ah feck.
Kim was down to not being able to move Maguire. We prioritised Mount over Caicedo. The other two were never gonna happen due to Mbappe wanting Real and Osimhen sky high price tag

colombianmancunian

I prefer Kane, but either of the two would be a dream come true and will have an RVP like effect. Højlund is a great prospect for the future, but I think we need a made striker.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What do people think about this,could Erik somehow play a part in pushing for us to get sold. Probably completely way off but trying to give myself a tiny slither of hope.
We are reading too much into it.

ETH isnt some young buck. He will discuss football matters only. He knows his lane.

Blood Mage

Ten Hag standing up to the Glazers and not kissing their arses like Ole did, you love to see it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
1995: Pokemon was still a concept to be released in 1996.
2023: Too many Pokemons.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I can't post photos here but she was pretty fit in the early '00s but she's aged pretty badly.

Check out the version of Dress she did at the V festival in either Melbourne or Sydney (I forget which) in 2003. It's on YouTube.
Like I said I’m a big fan, she was gorgeous and I still would.

But over Kylie… cmon.

Pes6Monster

What do people think about this,could Erik somehow play a part in pushing for us to get sold. Probably completely way off but trying to give myself a tiny slither of hope.
ETH pushing for Qatar is interesting.

Like many he'll think 'free money' but, of course, nothing about Qatar's state bid is particularly free.

They'll most likely start signing marquee players ETH does not want, as Qatar press for more prevalence and exposure. Its bid is about Qatar, not United. They will not like the fact United's brand is bigger than they are.

This means, like their other franchise (psg), they will start insisting on unsuitable players and alienate the manager, leading to his dismissal and this the dreaded 'managerial merry-go-round' will emerge.

I'll imagine they'll start giving club legends 'executive' roles (David 'Spice Market' Beckham is primed, as is 2Ole) and placate supporters further with 'jam tomorrow' signings, Sheikh Jassim's car collection (he's so cool!) and a new stadium. Featuring a two hundred foot statue of Alex Ferguson, approved by his estate.

He could push for Ratcliffe. But, well...

EtH will likely want clarity on what is happening.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Like many he'll think 'free money' but, of course, nothing about Qatar's state bid is particularly free.

They'll most likely start signing marquee players ETH does not want, as Qatar press for more prevalence and exposure. Its bid is about Qatar, not United. They will not like the fact United's brand is bigger than they are.

This means, like their other franchise (psg), they will start insisting on unsuitable players and alienate the manager, leading to his dismissal and this the dreaded 'managerial merry-go-round' will emerge.

I'll imagine they'll start giving club legends 'executive' roles (David 'Spice Market' Beckham is primed, as is 2Ole) and placate supporters further with 'jam tomorrow' signings, Sheikh Jassim's car collection (he's so cool!) and a new stadium. Featuring a two hundred foot statue of Alex Ferguson, approved by his estate.

That is actually a very intresting post. The part of United being a bigger brand than Qatar was eye-opening in a way.

Pickle85

The 6 Glazer siblings want £6bn for themselves to relinquish control of the club, they want a enterprise premium payment of $40 per share for there 113m ‘B’ Shares, that’s $4.5bn plus another $260m for their A Shares that’s $4.75bn or £3.7bn and then they want another £2.3bn to relinquish control of the club on top of that to sign over power and sell the deeds to the 43 acres around old Trafford, where currently Joel and Avram’s name sit.

They also want to be compensated for future merchandising, commercial and broadcasting deals.

That’s enterprise value of £6bn which has always been what they want, a sum way over Forbes $6bn valuation for 100% of the club. . Before the £6bn is paid to the Glazers, SJ would also have to pay off the club debt of nearly £1bn which would give them £5bn or $6.5bn then SJ would have to buy the remaining 31% minority minus 4.3% Glazer ‘A’shares which is about 43m ‘A’’shares at rumoured $38 which is $1.634bn or £1.269bn.

Ultimately this is what they want SJ to pay a total price of £7.2bn or $9.2bn.

The current bid is £5.2bn to buy the Glazers shares minus the club debt plus the minority shares at £1.5bn, the bid is already £6.7bn for 100% but the Glazers would only get £4.2bn plus £200m from A shares being sold they want another £500m at least but in a perfect world they want another £1 billion which they are not going to get.

The 92 Foundation if they took control can take up to 6/12 months to buy the remaining 31% of minority shares so they pay £5.4bn now and and another £1.25bn in 6 months after fair trade price offers are made to all shareholders. Basically both SJ and Jimmy can take control of the club buy buying out just the Glazers but they will need to offer other Share holders fair trade price.

I add the current transfer spend is also an issue for the Glazers, this will be additional debt which makes up the £1billion(535m historic, £300m amortised transfer debt) the Glazers are so cheeky they will want the £200m we spend this summer to be subtracted giving them an additional £200m as well!
How do you know all this stuff? Are you involved with the bids?

stevoc

Sancho £60
Maguire £40
McTominay £20-30m
Fred £20m

We should be getting more than 40 quid for Maguire.

Last edited:

stevoc

Where does this come from?

Haven't seen any quotes that say Erik favours Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.