Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
A daft take - almost as daft as paying through the nose for a preseason friendly and getting upset about the line up

Clearly proven over the years that a boycott will not work and going to the match and protesting has more value, bizarre than anyone still peddles this idiotic myth
imho getting games called off (not one, not two….a few of them) will push Glazers out

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Whats clearly proven? did I miss the white paper or extensive reports on this subject? Also back up the second part of that sentence.
Show me the data
There is 18 years worth of data since the first Glazer boycotts were called for in 2005 to show it will never work and the most publicised and well attended moment for the antiGlazer movement was undoubtedly the 2010 Green&Gold protests inside Old Trafford

imho getting games called off (not one, not two….a few of them) will push Glazers out
Whether that is true or not is actually irrelevant because there is no chance whatsoever of this ever happening as our fanbase is too big with too many different opinions

The Super League protest was a one off with a unique set of circumstances, cant see it ever being repeated and certainly not on a regular basis

Also worth noting that the Glazer business plan survived COVID when there was no matchday revenue so it's not necessarily true anyway

Red00012

Imagine not wanting £6 billion and leaving half a billion debt behind if they take it . Their greed is an incurable disease

strandty

It genuinely is whatever story gets clicks yesterday, a journalist puts out the opposite to get equal amount of clicks the next day. It’s a dick measuring contest between the UK media to see who gets most traffic. Nobody knows a fecking thing.

Fahad Jawaid

Seriously I have lost interest. I am at a stage where, I would be just happy to hear anybody has bought the club, regardless of my preference. They dither and dither and suck the joy out of everything.

Giggsyking

I posted just for..., but no one should believe Custis specially in 2023.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Custis vs Luckhurst. Scummy Sun guy versus stuck-up delusional prick who thinks he's entitled to opine on what's a true fan.

Pes6Monster

Custis vs Luckhurst. Scummy Sun guy versus stuck-up delusional prick who thinks he's entitled to opine on what's a true fan.
With Custis, you see the phrase 'alternative bidder Sheikh Jassim'. It implies Custis may be a little too close to Qatar for good measure, especially as he is quick to reiterate his information wholesale.

There is nothing 'alternative' about Jassim. Anyone with a functioning brain knows it is a state bid from Qatar, to use United to launder their dictatorship's reputation, with supposed 'big United fan Jas' as its front.

As for Luckhurst, Jacobs et al, they know nothing of any merit, either. Fed scraps by their sources. All anyone has.

Zora

You guys can’t get all doom and gloom over Luckhurst’s tweet but then completely dismiss Custis.

That’s the thing with this place, bad news is true whilst good news is fake.

They’re both chancers but Custis has called a few things right with Utd. Luckhurst never does.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I think Custis had a similar report about a month or so ago, nothing really official coming out still however I think the reports of no sale are very clickbait and no one has had good information tbh.

I don’t believe Luckhurst but I also don’t believe Custis. As with all think truth lies in between.

Still think it’s a November takeover.

Pes6Monster

You guys can’t get all doom and gloom over Luckhurst’s tweet but then completely dismiss Custis.

That’s the thing with this place, bad news is true whilst good news is fake.

They’re both chancers but Custis has called a few things right with Utd. Luckhurst never does.
I'm not sure about your closing statement, but I am dismissing, endorsing or promoting neither message.

We'll see what happens when it happens. Most of us are honest about speculating.

My guess is the Glazers will eventually sell to Qatar because, being a very rich state indeed, Qatar have more money to throw at the Glazers.

It would not surprise me if the Glazers remain, but Qatari state rule is the likeliest outcome.

All possible outcomes are honestly awful. Not equally awful, but awful nonetheless.

Appletonred

Personally, I suspect that the Glazers are at the business end of selling to Qatar, they might be greedy but they are not entirely stupid, they won't say no to a multi billion dollar profit in order to stay for dividends, that's not what clued up business people are about, its all about a maximum return on investment, I think we just need to be patient, the end is in sight.

nainaisson

I've never rated Luckhurst much as a journalist or human being in general, but I do admire his contempt for the "professional fan" grifters like The United Cringe and Full Time Douchebags.

Zora

I'm not sure about your closing statement, but I am dismissing, endorsing or promoting neither message.

We'll see what happens when it happens. Most of us are honest about speculating.

My guess is the Glazers will eventually sell to Qatar because, being a very rich state indeed, Qatar have more money to throw at the Glazers.

It would not surprise me if the Glazers remain, but Qatari state rule is the likeliest outcome.

All possible outcomes are honestly awful. Not equally awful, but awful nonetheless.
Custis called Lukaku transfer when the rest of the world was saying Morata.

He’s definitely got contacts within the club. He’s just a colossal prick. Luckhurst is also a colossal prick but has ZERO pedigree when it comes to journalism.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
But there is recognition among United’s hierarchy that there could be mutiny among fans in the event of a no-sale as their start to the new Premier League season threatens to be engulfed in chaos and controversy.

Old Trafford has witnessed numerous angry protests about the Glazers’ ownership of the club over the years yet there is concern internally that the demonstrations could reach levels seldom seen if the worst fears of many fans are realised in the coming weeks.

Sources close to United’s American owners maintain the process is still ongoing despite increasing concern in US banking circles as to whether the Glazers will sell.

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, both of whom have lodged bids to buy the club, are still waiting to discover the Glazers’ next move.

But, nine months after United announced a “strategic review” in which the Glazers said they were open to a full sale, the long delays have deepened fears among fans that the owners will rebuff the offers on the table.

United were originally targeting a sale by the end of March but that soft deadline has long since passed and still the club, its fans and the bidders remain in the dark as the Glazers’ radio silence becomes deafening.

Woziak

I’m no fan of neither but Custis gets lucky now and then;

My personal belief is;

1. The saga has run all through the Spring and Summer and the Glazers have probably agreed and then recounted at least twice, hence all the false flag statements that Jimmy is the winner, then Sheikh Jasim is the winner and then 4 weeks ago more rumours the deal was done with Qatar. (Qatari news publications reporting this just never ever happens, reporting false news in that country carries a prison sentence!)

2. It was so close to a final completed deal 4-6 weeks ago, Bloomberg and Reuters were leaking information, shares rose and nothing happened but there must have been a real threat from the NYSE to the Glazers and Ineos/Qatar to stop leaking information as this could be construed as Stock market manipulation.

3. All the leaks started to dry up and it went quiet, remember everyone is under strict NDA’s share price value dropped or levelled off, but still remained over $21 which is probably double what it would be if The Glazers announced they are staying indefinitely.

4. Although all 6 Glazer sibling are a nightmare to deal with, one line has remained constant through the media and the Raine Group, the Glazers are determined sellers for £6 billion, that’s not to sell the club but that’s what they want to relinquish control of the club and sell all 69% B class shares and 4.3% of A class Shares, in other words if someone gives them £1bn each they will sell the club willingly and go concern themselves with the mounting debts now starting to affect Tampa Buccaneers too, it’s important to remember they owe $380m debt on that franchise too.

5. The 31% minority share holders have put pressure on the Glazers to accept the Qatar bid as INEOS offer is untenable for them so Jimmy’s bid needs to change to have a real chance of buying the club, again taking more time while Jimmy went away to see what he could do!

6. For the sort of money the Glazers want and need to sell united for, whilst keeping the minority shareholders happy, only a state could afford that value!
Saudi already own Newcastle, UAE city which leaves Qatar as the only viable option.

7. If the sale was not going to happen, SJ and Qatar would have walked by now and stated that the Glazers are not selling, not that they can’t afford it or don’t think it’s worth the Glazers Valuation. They just don’t operate like that, if the thought the deal was not possible they would strategically withdraw with their
honour intact.

8. The Cardiff chairmen saying the club will be sold for £7.2-7.3bn by November is normally another throw away statement but this was the banker who brokered the original LBO by Malcolm Glazer in 2005, so he has huge credibility.

9. Finally consider this, that with all the current controversy surrounding the club which will be ongoing for the next few weeks, wouldn’t it be a great time to announce that the Greedy Glazers are currently negotiating the sale of the club for an initial world record fee of £6bn that could eventually rise to £7.3bn as the club undergoes extensive negotiations with SJ and 92 Foundation for the sale of the club, this process could take up to 3-6 months?

This way, they control the narrative, shift public opinion and focus to the biggest story in sport, whilst at the same time sweeping the dirty laundry under the mattress and greasing their palms in the most despicable way that only the Goblin’s know how ?

They have no morals, they have no values and they have never and will never treat our beloved club with the respect it deserves, for them it’s a cash cow that is finally now being sent to the Slaughter House.

cyberman

Didn’t the Sun break something last month that was dismissed on here that needed up happening?
Or did I imagine that?

edit it was the double bid for Scott and Maguire with long distance medicals taking place

Pes6Monster

Personally, I suspect that the Glazers are at the business end of selling to Qatar, they might be greedy but they are not entirely stupid, they won't say no to a multi billion dollar profit in order to stay for dividends, that's not what clued up business people are about, its all about a maximum return on investment, I think we just need to be patient, the end is in sight.
I'd say it would depend on the dividends and future wealth of the club. The only reason they want to sell nownis the debt is getting out-of-hand and it's why I think they ultimately want a full sale now, but Ineos have 'read the room' best and turned the heads of the reluctant brothers.

Qatar have the deepest resources, but Jassim played himself when he announced the 'investment' money in a brazen attempt to buy off support from the fanbases. Yum Yum said the Glazers.

Custis called Lukaku transfer when the rest of the world was saying Morata.

He’s definitely got contacts within the club. He’s just a colossal prick. Luckhurst is also a colossal prick but has ZERO pedigree when it comes to journalism.
I'd imagine, like the vast majority of journalists, there are things Custis has got right, and many things wrong. It's part-and-parcel of being a journalist, especially one reliant on sources. People will 'stand' with him because they like what he says. However, his information, like any other, deserves scrutiny.

They have no morals, they have no values and they have never and will never treat our beloved club with the respect it deserves, for them it’s a cash cow that is finally now being sent to the Slaughter House.
With respect, thousands within our fanbase are willing to participate in civil disobedience because they won't sell the club to a far-right, human rights abusing dictatorship. We are in no position to question 'morals'.

They have called the supporter's moral bluff with Qatar and are, with some justification, laughing in our faces with this process.

They have won, and our next move is to become the next psg.

Man-United

Custis is one of the best journalists when it comes to United news. But the paper he works for means it's difficult to say any positive stuff.

stw2022

Custis is one of the best journalists when it comes to United news. But the paper he works for means it's difficult to say any positive stuff.
Football reporters have nothing to do with the editorial direction of their papers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Luckhurst and Custis are just two very average tabloid journalists, both tasked with covering United that have to write stories that fill the vacuum around the sale right now. They don’t know anything, they won’t have sources anywhere close to the process and they can be safely ignored.

Member 127762

I mean that posters here will always have a go at Custis no matter what.
Alex Ferguson did not mind having a go at him either. Custis got his revenge with the beckham boot saga EXCLUSIVE FERGIE BOOTS BECKHAM! Man is a wee bit of a hack and why he goes calling Jassim an ‘alternative bidder’ instead of just a bidder is a bit PR like. We all know Murdoch is as righty as Qatar is.

Oh wait yeah use ellipsis this means it’s a serious point or somesuch…

Member 127762

Luckhurst and Custis are just two very average tabloid journalists, both tasked with covering United that have to write stories that fill the vacuum around the sale right now. They don’t know anything, they won’t have sources anywhere close to the process and they can be safely ignored.
have you never seen Star Wars?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
There is 18 years worth of data since the first Glazer boycotts were called for in 2005 to show it will never work and the most publicised and well attended moment for the antiGlazer movement was undoubtedly the 2010 Green&Gold protests inside Old Trafford
Where is the data?

Green and Gold protests in 2010 did what exactly? 13 years later - the glazers have an iron grip on United.
Revenues only increasing since 2010. https://www.statista.com/statistics/271665/revenue-of-manchester-united/

The Glazers dont care - once they have money they dont care what the protesters do.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Where is the data?
What data do you expect exactly? Do you think someone wrote a University paper on it?!

The problem is that you are completely ignorant about the history of our club and more specifically the antiGlazer movement. You know nothing about the different fan groups involved, nor the different protests that have been called and more importantly which worked and which didnt.

Very sad that we have people in our own fanbase who choose to go around slagging off other United fans who just want to go to the game and support the team while also making their feeling heard about the poor management of the club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’d take a relegation battle this season if it meant that they sold us.

I Am Zlatan

I’m starting to turn into a pessimist regarding the sale, however it still doesn’t make much sense.

How are they going to fund rebuilding the stadium, it has to be done sooner or later.. how are they going to compete for their beloved top 4 when many of our rivals bending every rule to gain an advantage, while we’re here trying to sell players first before getting someone like Amrabat who’s around €28m?

If the money have ran out, and they didn’t take dividends the past two quarters I believe? Then surely someone advising them to sell, and not let the club rot while hoping the price will go up..

Redstain

My personal belief is;

1. The saga has run all through the Spring and Summer and the Glazers have probably agreed and then recounted at least twice, hence all the false flag statements that Jimmy is the winner, then Sheikh Jasim is the winner and then 4 weeks ago more rumours the deal was done with Qatar. (Qatari news publications reporting this just never ever happens, reporting false news in that country carries a prison sentence!)

2. It was so close to a final completed deal 4-6 weeks ago, Bloomberg and Reuters were leaking information, shares rose and nothing happened but there must have been a real threat from the NYSE to the Glazers and Ineos/Qatar to stop leaking information as this could be construed as Stock market manipulation.

3. All the leaks started to dry up and it went quiet, remember everyone is under strict NDA’s share price value dropped or levelled off, but still remained over $21 which is probably double what it would be if The Glazers announced they are staying indefinitely.

4. Although all 6 Glazer sibling are a nightmare to deal with, one line has remained constant through the media and the Raine Group, the Glazers are determined sellers for £6 billion, that’s not to sell the club but that’s what they want to relinquish control of the club and sell all 69% B class shares and 4.3% of A class Shares, in other words if someone gives them £1bn each they will sell the club willingly and go concern themselves with the mounting debts now starting to affect Tampa Buccaneers too, it’s important to remember they owe $380m debt on that franchise too.

5. The 31% minority share holders have put pressure on the Glazers to accept the Qatar bid as INEOS offer is untenable for them so Jimmy’s bid needs to change to have a real chance of buying the club, again taking more time while Jimmy went away to see what he could do!

6. For the sort of money the Glazers want and need to sell united for, whilst keeping the minority shareholders happy, only a state could afford that value!
Saudi already own Newcastle, UAE city which leaves Qatar as the only viable option.

7. If the sale was not going to happen, SJ and Qatar would have walked by now and stated that the Glazers are not selling, not that they can’t afford it or don’t think it’s worth the Glazers Valuation. They just don’t operate like that, if the thought the deal was not possible they would strategically withdraw with their
honour intact.

8. The Cardiff chairmen saying the club will be sold for £7.2-7.3bn by November is normally another throw away statement but this was the banker who brokered the original LBO by Malcolm Glazer in 2005, so he has huge credibility.

9. Finally consider this, that with all the current controversy surrounding the club which will be ongoing for the next few weeks, wouldn’t it be a great time to announce that the Greedy Glazers are currently negotiating the sale of the club for an initial world record fee of £6bn that could eventually rise to £7.3bn as the club undergoes extensive negotiations with SJ and 92 Foundation for the sale of the club, this process could take up to 3-6 months?

This way, they control the narrative, shift public opinion and focus to the biggest story in sport, whilst at the same time sweeping the dirty laundry under the mattress and greasing their palms in the most despicable way that only the Goblin’s know how ?

I think this is a good balanced view. The silence is just being misconstrued as a negative when it's clearly evident things are happening in the background.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What data do you expect exactly? Do you think someone wrote a University paper on it?!

The problem is that you are completely ignorant about the history of our club and more specifically the antiGlazer movement. You know nothing about the different fan groups involved, nor the different protests that have been called and more importantly which worked and which didnt.

Very sad that we have people in our own fanbase who choose to go around slagging off other United fans who just want to go to the game and support the team while also making their feeling heard about the poor management of the club.
Who am I slagging?
I'm pointing out protests don't work if you've given them your money.

The Glazers are still in charge. The protests didn't work - that's clear.

You call me idiotic and daft but then have nothing but absolute faff to back up your point. Just talk about proven this and that with no actual information.

If I'm ignorant educate me!

All I can see is that the bastard Glazers are still in charge so it's not a huge leap to believe protests don't work once revenue still pumps into the coffers

Chairman Steve

I think this will be done in 2023 and I’ll be surprised if come 1st January 2024 the Glazers are still seen as the owners who are going nowhere. I personally think they’re negotiating with Qatar, who themselves are lining all their ducks up to try and hit the ground running.

The way that Qatar have bid 5 times and how everything went quiet on the 5th bid seems like progress was made from the Glazer side, because they’re very close to getting what they wanted.

croadyman

I think this will be done in 2023 and I’ll be surprised if come 1st January 2024 the Glazers are still seen as the owners who are going nowhere. I personally think they’re negotiating with Qatar, who themselves are lining all their ducks up to try and hit the ground running.

The way that Qatar have bid 5 times and how everything went quiet on the 5th bid seems like progress was made from the Glazer side, because they’re very close to getting what they wanted.
How I so want you to be right

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

My personal belief is;

honour intact.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Woziak!

My opinion is that the Glazers take a huge risk by delaying the sale. Continuing protests outside Old Trafford, a mediocre or a bad annual report 2023 will create skepticism from the market and Wall Street and that can lead up to that both bidders walk away because the numbers indicate that the Glazers valuation isn't aacurate. That would put the Glazers in a difficult position. Suddenly it's the buyers market and that can create a negative bidding war.

I don't believe that the sibling are stupid, they're advised by the Rotchilds but my only logical take on this is that the Glazers has some sort of agreement with one of the bidder and we're waiting on the public announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.