Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strandty

Imagine being completely ghosted for 11 weeks after offering £5bn. Genuinely think the only way this moves forward, outside of upping the bid if it is Qatar who the Glazers prefer, is if Ratcliffe publicly withdraws.

Last edited:

lifted

Imagine being completely ghosted for 11 weeks after offering £5bn. Genuinely think the only way this moves forward, outside of upping the bid if it is Qatar who the Glazers prefer, is if Ratcliffe publicly withdraws.
Seems mad really. Imagine offering well over the asking price for a house and hearing absolutely nothing from anyone for 11 weeks.

MonkeysMagic

Never have so much been regurgitated or discussed with so little information, as is the case with this take over! It all just boils down to cold capitalism...'if you want something I have, you have to pay what I ask'! For as long as the leeches know they can extract more, they'll feast on the blood of the host, the Glazers are just that.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
The club is an absolute mess at the minute because of the Glazers and this supposed sale/investment drive. They need driven out of the club as it’s having a negative impact on everything at the club. The ground suffers from lack of modernisation, lack of signings needed in critical positions. Yes we have recruited and improved but we need another 2/3 players this summer to bring the squad to a level to challenge for top 4. We are selling off youth talent for low cut fees, maybe they aren’t good enough but something doesn’t feel right about it.

redmanx

The bastard Glazers have NO love or passion for our Club; from the start theyve seen it and the supporters as nothing more than cash cows and they are dragging the sale out in order to raise the share price so they can make even more money from us. They should sell and clear out, lock, stock and barrel, we dont want anything more to do with a family who are clearly nothing more than money grabbing grifters.

Cantona in disguise

The bastard Glazers have NO love or passion for our Club; from the start theyve seen it and the supporters as nothing more than cash cows and they are dragging the sale out in order to raise the share price so they can make even more money from us. They should sell and clear out, lock, stock and barrel, we dont want anything more to do with a family who are clearly nothing more than money grabbing grifters.
You're absolutely right of course. They do not care about the club or the fans. There are no emotions in business and these lot see it as purely that.

We all love the club and want it to succeed on the pitch. The Glazers want the club to succeed off it financially. You have to see it through their eyes. They want as much money as possible to sell it. They do not care if the club has a bad season if it means they get their extra billion. There is no emotion in anything they do as its purely business.

That said they are cnuts.

Pes6Monster

I hate hearing it, seeing it, saying and typing it. But it is true. The Glazers are holding all the cards with the sale. They are in full control. Especially after Qatar announced their 'investment' money to buy off supporters. Such a bad move on so many levels.

This will end whenever Qatar give the Glazers what they want. I don't think they are too interested in Ratcliffe's proposal, but certainly not because of supporter protests. Indeed, they'd probably encourage such vitriol knowing it's ultimately money in their pockets.

Ratcliffe's proposal could possibly be upped but other greedy shareholders want Qatar's higher value. Lawsuits, countersuits, Lionel Hutz and replevin. Too much nonsense for the Glazers. Either pony up a record fee or we'll do some other investment.

All of these point only to stalemate, breakable only by Qatar's deepest pocket.

I'm really nervous about the next move. Qatar are favourites and can afford anything, but there is plenty of evidence showing they can't run a major, competitive club. Giving them 100 percent of the club (or anything near) is exceptionally dangerous. There is no going back with them, in many respects.Ratcliffe isn't trustworthy, either, Nice have been badly ran and cycling is not football.

This whole process, and its possible solutions, is frankly awful.

croadyman

Yesterday felt a mixed day on the saga,so just a quick sum up

Peach - Glazers have been warned about backlash if they don't sell

Kaveh - £5bn bid still on table, unsure Glazers want to sell

Ornstein - Feeling there will be resolution when window closes

Keegan - Not any closer to a sale

Custis - Jassim to take over in mid Oct

Usually when TWO tier 1's speak I would feel optimism,however that's on transfers and this is a business deal with NDA's. So it's an entirely different proposition

putzmcgee123

Yesterday felt a mixed day on the saga,so just a quick sum up

Peach - Glazers have been warned about backlash if they don't sell

Kaveh - £5bn bid still on table, unsure Glazers want to sell

Ornstein - Feeling there will be resolution when window closes

Keegan - Not any closer to a sale

Custis - Jassim to take over in mid Oct

Usually when TWO tier 1's speak I would feel optimism,however that's on transfers and this is a business deal with NDA's. So it's an entirely different proposition
Mike Keegan was clearly the chosen guy for the Qatari bid in the early going. Had an exclusive piece confirming the bid and several others afterwards to craft an image for the Sheikh/92F and their vision for the club.

It's important to separate his credibility in that regard from his credibility regarding the progress of negotiations and the sale process. I highly doubt he knows any more than the others at this point.

I'm still looking at that early September international break, hoping...

SAFMUTD

Gone way too quiet for it to happen. Glazers won't sell. They're asking for 6B no one's willing to match that price that's the end of it.

For sure there will be protest from fans but the rats won't care they live in the US. Eventually the anger will settle down and it'll be business as usual keep failing and keep milking out the club until it has nothing else to give.

croadyman

Gone way too quiet for it to happen. Glazers won't sell. They're asking for 6B no one's willing to match that price that's the end of it.

For sure there will be protest from fans but the rats won't care they live in the US. Eventually the anger will settle down and it'll be business as usual keep failing and keep milking out the club until it has nothing else to give.
Anger isn't settling down this time because employees haven't been fecked off before, so that suggests they are pushing for a change as well but still most likely won't get it

putzmcgee123

We shall see. The quiet is not necessarily an indication of what is taking place between the parties involved in these negotiations.

If they do try to stay on, they will have hell to pay from the Class A shareholders. That is not to say anything is guaranteed to come of that, but it will be a nightmare for them to deal with. It's one thing to show immunity to fan protests, but this would be a whole other animal.

If the Sheikh/92F are truly offering a full takeover valuing the shares in the $30s and there were no issues with their ability to pay, the directors will have to substantiate why this offer was not accepted and exactly how they plan to increase shareholder value when the market hasn't even valued these shares above $20 in years. With that in mind, I personally cannot envision a scenario where this ends as status quo/no transaction whatsoever.

People focus too much on this distinction between Class A and Class B shares. Voting rights aside, one share still entitles you to the same equity in Manchester United plc. The Glazers are directors of this corporation and have a fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interests of the corporation and all of its shareholders.

SAFMUTD

Anger isn't settling down this time because employees haven't been fecked off before, so that suggests they are pushing for a change as well but still most likely won't get it
How have employees been fecked off this time?

Honest question, read something about some employees giving flyers about glazers out but don't know much about it.

LordSpud

I hate hearing it, seeing it, saying and typing it. But it is true. The Glazers are holding all the cards with the sale. They are in full control. Especially after Qatar announced their 'investment' money to buy off supporters. Such a bad move on so many levels.

This will end whenever Qatar give the Glazers what they want. I don't think they are too interested in Ratcliffe's proposal, but certainly not because of supporter protests. Indeed, they'd probably encourage such vitriol knowing it's ultimately money in their pockets.

Ratcliffe's proposal could possibly be upped but other greedy shareholders want Qatar's higher value. Lawsuits, countersuits, Lionel Hutz and replevin. Too much nonsense for the Glazers. Either pony up a record fee or we'll do some other investment.

I'm really nervous about the next move. Qatar are favourites and can afford anything, but there is plenty of evidence showing they can't run a major, competitive club. Giving them 100 percent of the club (or anything near) is exceptionally dangerous. There is no going back with them, in many respects.Ratcliffe isn't trustworthy, either, Nice have been badly ran and cycling is not football.

Wait what? Before the Qatari's came in PSG were nowhere. Now they have been number one in the league ever since. Unless you're on about the CL, in which case City have only just managed to crack it themselves.

SAFMUTD

We shall see. The quiet is not necessarily an indication of what is taking place between the parties involved in these negotiations.

If they do try to stay on, they will have hell to pay from the Class A shareholders. That is not to say anything is guaranteed to come of that, but it will be a nightmare for them to deal with. It's one thing to show immunity to fan protests, but this would be a whole other animal.

If the Sheikh/92F are truly offering a full takeover valuing the shares in the $30s and there were no issues with their ability to pay, the directors will have to substantiate why this offer was not accepted and exactly how they plan to increase shareholder value when the market hasn't even valued these shares above $20 in years. With that in mind, I personally cannot envision a scenario where this ends as status quo/no transaction whatsoever.

People focus too much on this distinction between Class A and Class B shares. Voting rights aside, one share still entitles you to the same equity in Manchester United plc. The Glazers are directors of this corporation and have a fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interests of the corporation and all of its shareholders.
Honest question, why would the Glazers be pressured to sell their shares by other shareholders?

Or course Sheik won't buy the other shares if the Glazers don't sell theirs but from an strict legal point of view the Glazers aren't stopping the Sheik from buying the other shares. I don't see what else could shareholders do besides being mad.

putzmcgee123

Honest question, why would the Glazers be pressured to sell their shares by other shareholders?

Or course Sheik won't buy the other shares if the Glazers don't sell theirs but from an strict legal point of view the Glazers aren't stopping the Sheik from buying the other shares. I don't see what else could shareholders do besides being mad.
The Glazers are shareholders, but are also directors of the plc. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the company and its shareholders above all else. If someone is offering a huge premium for a full takeover, it's not going to be sufficient for them to arbitrarily say "no." Serious questions will be asked about how they arrived at their valuation and what exactly they plan to do to increase shareholder value.

In any scenario that does not result in a buyout of the Class A shares, and assuming the premises I previously mentioned are correct (92F have made an full takeover offer at a big premium and there are no concerns with their ability to pay), one would expect the share price to plummet after that scenario is confirmed. I believe the Class A shareholders would subsequently sue the Board for neglecting their fiduciary responsibilities. I have no idea how much of a case they would have, but can say with confidence they would go beyond simply being angry.

In short, I believe they have massively fecked themselves with the IPO if they truly want to set an unrealistic, absurd valuation and hold onto the club. Without the public shares, it would 100% be at their discretion and they would answer to nobody but themselves.

George The Best

Trouble is, we are almost there

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Trouble is, we are almost there
Indeed. Champion's League already looks like a group stage knockout with current squad. Don't see any kind of laegue challenge being mounted and ETH is our main selling point. The club is a zombie asset.

leeroyTX

My guess at this point is that sometime in the near future, they will announce that they are not selling but will try to temper the anger with actual plans towards renovating Old Trafford and/or Carrington.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My guess at this point is that sometime in the near future, they will announce that they are not selling but will try to temper the anger with actual plans towards renovating Old Trafford and/or Carrington.
How do you propose they will fund this?

Loon

:lol:
Didn't they talk briefly about this long before the "financial restructuring"? It's a card they've played before.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nah mate, it’ll be the classic, the old faithful, the Glazers favourite…

‘Signing to appease the fanbase’.

Always works, club has just let MG go, team looks awful, an attacker / midfielder is needed - it’s all set up for it.

Absolutely no doubt about it. ‘Tis inevitable.

Plastic Evra

Wait what? Before the Qatari's came in PSG were nowhere. Now they have been number one in the league ever since. Unless you're on about the CL, in which case City have only just managed to crack it themselves.
I think it's fair to say that PSG is not well run or at the very least not run at the level of quality coherent with the sumptuous investments they made. In particular Nasser / QSI are fairly impatient with coaches, less so DoFs but short circuited them with signings driven by image considerations.
They did invest in brand new training grounds and things of that order so there's some vision to it, but the second era of that nu-PSG hasn't seen an improvement on the pitch.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I think it's fair to say that PSG is not well run or at the very least not run at the level of quality coherent with the sumptuous investments they made. In particular Nasser / QSI are fairly impatient with coaches, less so DoFs but short circuited them with signings driven by image considerations.
They did invest in brand new training grounds and things of that order so there's some vision to it, but the second era of that nu-PSG hasn't seen an improvement on the pitch.
I wouldn't say they're "impatient with coaches" - their managerial history since their takeover in 2011 has been roughly in line with other large European clubs. They're on their 7th permanent manager since the takeover. In the same timeframe, Barca has had 9 permanent managers, Real had 8, Bayern had 8, Chelsea had 9, and we've had 6.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Breaking News: No bidder has met the Glazers' target price. My expert sources have informed me that if someone had already met their price then they would own the club by now.

How fecking easy is it to be a football journalist? You just have to make incredibly obvious statements from time to time and occasionally use words like "pivot" or "passion".

Baxquux

I wouldn't say they're "impatient with coaches" - their managerial history since their takeover in 2011 has been roughly in line with other large European clubs. They're on their 7th permanent manager since the takeover. In the same timeframe, Barca has had 9 permanent managers, Real had 8, Bayern had 8, Chelsea had 9, and we've had 6.
Their signings policy has got a lot better the last 12-18 months - although YMMV regarding indulging MBappe so heavily - particularly with strength in depth in CM. On the flipside, however, read that they were interested in Maguire earlier this summer (sadly that hasn't materialized into anything as yet....)

Seven Seas Sardines

The fact that we're not even spending peanuts on Amrabat, Gravenberch and Todibo gives me hope that the scum are on their way out. Surely they'd do another Casemiro+Antony seeing how much criticism they are bombarded with from fans right now?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The fact that we're not even spending peanuts on Amrabat, Gravenberch and Todibo gives me hope that the scum are on their way out. Surely they'd do another Casemiro+Antony seeing how much criticism they are bombarded with from fans right now?
They did spend nearly 200 mil euros this summer.

Chief123

Yeah I’m not sure Qatar informing the world how they want to spend so much money on the stadium and transfers was a great move. Glazers want all that money to come to them instead.

pauldyson1uk

This is a feck circus, do they actually want to sell or is this all just a fecking big joke to them.
Coupled with the performances on the pitch, IMHO the inability to get deals closed without it taking longer than Goeff Boycott getting a century, we are not just the laughing stock of the PL but the whole footballing world.
This has been going on too long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.