Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

This is good news in the short term. United becoming state owned would be football's final tragedy. I despise the Glazers but the Qatari state would be end game for me.

It potentially also gives other consortiums a chance to put money together.
You’ve left once you can leave a 2nd time I guess if it happens

LordSpud

We've seen this year how broke we are - scrambling for a desperate loan move for a striker in January and ending up with Burnley failure Weghorst and in the summer having to be creative towards the end with loan deals again.

This surely will only get progressively worse each window? I worry about what the squad might look like in a couple of years.

Roboc7

Also, I'd love to know who all the "better than Qatar taking over" people think are gonna come up with £10b... fan consortium? Fairy godmother?

If true, this 100% guarantees that state ownership is the only realistic future for the club. Its not as if there was a long line of other options queuing up to match a £5-6b valuation.

Again, if true (and I suspect it is), I'd say two things influencing it are 1. The recent influx of Saudi money and the impact that's going to have in the next couple of years, and, 2. A gamble on Qatars determination to make themselves permanently relevant.

In the meantime the shitshow continues.
No people aren’t queuing up at this price because of the huge debt and couple of billion that needs to be pumped into the club, even more if you really want to maximise all the area around the ground etc. They won’t be queuing up in 2 years at that price either let alone 10bn, it’s just not worth it.

They were lucky to get a bid from a state this time around, there is a good chance they don’t get that again. The club is and has always been a shambles in terms of leadership, ambition and recruitment since SAF left (he papered over it). But they always had cash to fall back on, they don’t have it now. Imagine if they have to sack ETH, they don’t have funds to start again and pay him off.

By all accounts they should sell and I thought they would but there is this nagging feeling that whatever they get offered won’t be enough and they’ll have to be 100% certain there isn’t a new revenue stream on the horizon.

Zora

I have a nine month baby girl I was up with all night as we are trying to sleep train her. I don’t think I’ve touched any alcohol for weeks now :lol:
Congratulations mate - get some rest today though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
That's really not true though. Most oil rich clubs have achieved feck all, it's just City that have been a success in part due to Pep as they struggled before him.

We've had a few years of pain recently, most clubs go through decades of relegation and fighting in the lower divisions. Facing financial woes and whether they'll actually exist as a footballing club.

Calling us a dead club is just a coping mechanism so you can put your morals in a box and accept the big money. Weird how the box was opened for Mason and yet when it comes to a state backed bid from a country that represses based on gender, wealth and sexual orientation the box is closed.

Weird huh?
I'm not really talking about United in a vacuum. The whole of football is reprehensible these days. Calling United a "club" is just incorrect at this point. Its a business and functions like one and the owners take money out if it like a business.
Oil money just adds more disgust into it.

Manchester United winning a title next year will not be what it used to be.
It'll mean the business was able to spend more money . Where it comes from who the feck knows.

It's a money circus

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm not really talking about United in a vacuum. The whole of football is reprehensible these days. Calling United a "club" is just incorrect at this point. Its a business and functions like one and the owners take money out if it like a business.
Oil money just adds more disgust into it.

Manchester United winning a title next year will not be what it used to be.
It'll mean the business was able to spend more money . Where it comes from who the feck knows.

It's a money circus
Lets not kid ourselves and think this is a new thing. Footballs been spiralling out of control for decades, the majority of our trophies under Sir Alex was partly due to the amount of money we spent. All you have to do is look at the all time spending charts and you'll see that.

We're still spending a butt ton of money too, it's just we've spent it very badly over the past 5-6 seasons.

Brophs

The One and Only
If football clubs were solely businesses then we wouldn’t have a bid of £5bn on the table.

Von Mistelroum

They will never be a bigger club.
I would love to believe that, but we have to be honest with ourselves and in many ways they already are. Obviously we have history, but so do Forest and they're a small club these days. As our fanbase dwindles and City continue to win everything, getting more and more media coverage and glamour, they will inevitably outgrow a club which by then will only have age on our side.

In time, on current trajectory, City will end up with more money, more glory, more trophies, more fans and more media coverage. In which way will they be smaller? Obviously it'll take years but the way they're being allowed to hoover up talent and trophies without worrying about little things like cheating, it won't be that long in the grand scheme of things.

NWRed

Not having that.

Fans like me were stood outside OT in August 2005 warning how bad the Glazers were but not enough listened because Fergie said they were OK.

United becoming state owned would be the final nail in the coffin for top level football in this country.
Not having what?

You opposed the Glazers in 2005 because why? I guess it is because they wanted to load debt on the club and thus harm the clubs ability to compete at the top level.

And now you oppose the Qatar take over because why? It certainly isn't because they're going to harm the football club the way the Glazers have over the last 18 years.

You need a reality check, there is no benevolent benefactor with £6bn burning a hole in their pocket with no ulterior motive. It's cnutish hedgefunds who are hoping to break the collective PL bargaining and sell TV rights individually, cnutish billionaires who are looking for the same (or an ego trip or to greenwash etc etc) or states who are looking to diversify their economies for a future without oil and gas. That's it, there are no other options.

Skills

Snitch
Ha ok, another decade of this nonsense that United is pulling. Lets see what happens.
Yup. The sad thing is, United have become a massive meme in recent years - which is brutal in the social media era.

putzmcgee123

This thread title has got to stop being tweaked when nothing has happened. Nearly stopped my heart until I checked why. :nervous:

Acquire Me

The Daily Mail are having a laugh straight to the bank with the amount of activity a negative press get from Man Utd fans.
It’s very easy to get activity from our fan base. It’s a good reason our name is used in every article even if it’s not about us at all.

This article is at best speculative and made to get clicks and views.

Rojofiam

Err Jassim is one guy who has done nothing wrong that I know of in his life. But yeh let’s paint every Qatari with one brush.

Has this user been banned? Guessing because it was @Wumminator ’s second account
:lol:

Even if he hasn't done anything wrong, he or his dad wouldn't be billionaires if they weren't royals.

Also, what are the chances they have different views on their country's human rights issues? What are the chances they oppose anything that's wrong with their penal code?

And all these hypotheticals can only be asked if it really isn't a state bid, which is unlikely.

croadyman

We've seen this year how broke we are - scrambling for a desperate loan move for a striker in January and ending up with Burnley failure Weghorst and in the summer having to be creative towards the end with loan deals again.

This surely will only get progressively worse each window? I worry about what the squad might look like in a couple of years.
Yep we may as well have a transfer ban with our budget likely to keep dropping

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Lets not kid ourselves and think this is a new thing. Footballs been spiralling out of control for decades, the majority of our trophies under Sir Alex was partly due to the amount of money we spent. All you have to do is look at the all time spending charts and you'll see that.

We're still spending a butt ton of money too, it's just we've spent it very badly over the past 5-6 seasons.
I don't disagree. United were a behemoth of financial power but it was organic at the beginning due to how the club was built by the men that built it.

It's hard to know how to feel about the whole thing these days. Selling up to some other soulless corporate entity isn't the panacea that will solve all woes on the pitch and Selling to middle Eastern oil money isn't ideal either
It's a mess.

I try to stick to the 90s mins of a game and ignore the circus.

Melville Red

The FA and the Government stepped in and forced the Russian to sell Chelsea, and yes we know why.
Now surely with all this debt can’t a case be made against the Glazers as unsuitable owners?
Any other business would go into administration with this amount of debt, Jesus we needed to do some very smart business to get Amrabat for this season on loan with an option to buy at the end of the loan, I never thought the day would come when United were in such a poor state.
For gods sake the best thing that can happen now is a survey on OT which shows the same sought of weak concrete as in all these schools that need closing down, that WILL feck the yank cnuts.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Anyone else reported this yet? Seen it mentioned by places like metro etc all linking back to the Daily Fail. If it was in all real, surely the bidders would have spoken now as the NDAs would be worthless?

MoXoM

Yep. It’s going to be a bumpy ride for sure!

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
I strongly agree with what Gary Neville say about Glazers. If you look into the financial report, the club needs cash to operate and further investment to maintain the competitive level with their epl rivals. Major investment needs to be secured even if full sale is not an option.

if the glazers do nothing at all, I seriously doubt their ability to run any business properly.

Pickle85

But my point is that it’s not keeping us out of state ownership, it’s now ensuring it.
2025 isn’t even that far away so this result (if true) is stupidly short term. Now we’ll have bidders that are only state funded in 15 months.
Great news
Again, I don't think you'll find I said that the glazers not selling was great news. Can you quote me?

It's not like it's only states that could afford us. We all know there's not a chance we go for 10bn, state funded or not.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Did anyone expect anything different? They just dropped £200m over the summer to fund transfers. They weren’t leaving. CNUTS!

clarkydaz

last week we were told senior execs warned the glazers not to keep shares at the club due to fanbacklash. The media would be screwed without this club to write about

Red_toad

Did anyone expect anything different? They just dropped £200m over the summer to fund transfers. They weren’t leaving. CNUTS!
They dropped nothing. The club spent its own money/ extended credit. It in no way affected their asking price. Whoever buys the club gets the debt and repercussions.

Dazzmondo

I strongly agree with what Gary Neville say about Glazers. If you look into the financial report, the club needs cash to operate and further investment to maintain the competitive level with their epl rivals. Major investment needs to be secured even if full sale is not an option.

if the glazers do nothing at all, I seriously doubt their ability to run any business properly.
Why do people think these are competent business people? Their father made their money. They inherited everything. Nobody should trust their judgement or ability to think rationally. They're the ones that really put our club into the state it is. This downward spiral hadn't happened while their dad was still in charge.

Himannv

I think we will never get rid of them. They will not put any money into this club and continue to bleed the club dry as per usual. They are so greedy that they will not sell and try to hike up the price some more even if they do receive offers (as we have clearly seen with this process). The protests against them have been useless - they barely even know about it in their mansions in the US.

In the meantime, we will continue to struggle to get players in and baulk at even fairly low fees. Even if someone eventually does buy us, it will take a lot of investment and many years to dig us out of the pit these leeches will bury us in. It's a sad state of affairs, but it is reality.

Matt Varnish

When you read the report the delay comes across as logical.
Expansion of the FIFA World Club Cup, (Glazers are assuming United will qualify), which would result in greater TV revenue, and (possibly) a bigger fan base, the figure of £10bn in 2025 is meant to reflect that.
Do these figures really matter to a buyer who has money overflowing from a bottomless, after all why would a very rich man want to buy United in the first place.
The last transfer window has shown that the Saudi's are prepared to pay anything for what they see as a toy.

Matt Varnish

Why do people think these are competent business people? Their father made their money. They inherited everything. Nobody should trust their judgement or ability to think rationally. They're the ones that really put our club into the state it is. This downward spiral hadn't happened while their dad was still in charge.
They have proven their incompetence in previous business's, their shopping mall real estate business in the states collapsed even before online shopping took it's toll. They own the Tampa Bay team, reports vary on how well they are doing financially and on the pitch.
Yes Malcolm made the money, without using a lot of his own, he bought up places in much the same way as he bought United.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Games going ahead at all will be in doubt if they don't feck off after all this. It will be that Liverpool game over and over again until we are ordered to play behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.