Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If Chelsea was worth 4-5bn surely Utd is worth more. I don't think you can say that because a deal didn't go through that they are't worth that money. Unless you are talking about market cap of United PLC?
Wasn’t Chelsea like £2.5bn plus a commitment of £1.75bn in investment in the club?

Last edited:

fallengt

Even Ostern quoting Daily Mail. Anyone in media actually got a clue about club sale?
Another question, does anyone still care..?

FlawlessThaw

Even Ostern quoting Daily Mail. Anyone in media actually got a clue about club sale?
Another question, does anyone still care..?
Clearly people care, one way or another the club isn’t going to move forward without it being sold. It’s so badly run now

fallengt

If Chelsea was worth 4-5bn surely Utd is worth more. I don't think you can say that because a deal didn't go through that they are't worth that money. Unless you are talking about market cap of United PLC?
Wasn't Abramovich forced out of UK? Don't think Boehly paid in full

FlawlessThaw

Oh quite possibly, just replying to the guy who said Utd weren't worth £3bn, which seems wrong
Yeah I think he just meant from a market cap perspective like you said. I think quite clearly United are worth more, definitely not to the extent the Glazers want but it’s all subjective anyway.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good then that Chelsea was not valued at that price. It was 2.5bn and we've seen how Boehly spends his money.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Good then that Chelsea was not valued at that price. It was 2.5bn and we've seen how Boehly spends his money.
I don't know how you'd factor in the £1.75bn loans that others have talked about. If they are at face value then it cost £4.25 bn to buy the club. But i imagine the calculation of how much the debt is 'worth' is way more complicated than that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't know how you'd factor in the £1.75bn loans that others have talked about. If they are at face value then it cost £4.25 bn to buy the club. But i imagine the calculation of how much the debt is 'worth' is way more complicated than that.
The 1.75bn is not relevant. If it was, Qatar can claim the billion they plan to spend on the stadium (that the Glazers won't get) counts toward the valuation which is just plain wrong.

As for United, Chelsea was debt free at that price and we are anything but. Their stadium is also not bad but at the same time they don't own the land and the capacity is limited (albeit in London).

I'd put United at £4/5bn with a hefty premium. But the market doesn't agree and that's what I was pointing to earlier.

Unless our revenue goes up 50% in 3 years, 10bn is a joke.

Woziak

Also no external debt that had to be cleared by the new owner.
There was £1-1.5bn of external debt owed to Abrahmovic but he wrote that off as part of the deal as he was not allowed to have any form of benefit from the sale, ironically the money paid and promised to Ukraine war fund for refugees is still stirring in HMRC bank account.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
The 1.75bn is not relevant. If it was, Qatar can claim the billion they plan to spend on the stadium (that the Glazers won't get) counts toward the valuation which is just plain wrong.

As for United, Chelsea was debt free at that price and we are anything but. Their stadium is also not bad but at the same time they don't own the land and the capacity is limited (albeit in London).

I'd put United at £4/5bn with a hefty premium. But the market doesn't agree and that's what I was pointing to earlier.

Unless our revenue goes up 50% in 3 years, 10bn is a joke.
You're the first person I've noticed (maybe there were others) who have said the debt is not relevant to the £2.5bn value of the club. No idea whether you are right or not but I had thought that the general consensus was that it was relevant to the cost of the club. i.e. if Chelsea had had zero debt then the cost would have been far greater.

SmallCaine

If Ornstein is quoting Mail that's bad
He isn't really quoting anything, he was asked about the mail report on an american channel and his response was mail are saying this but i can't corroborate and there are other reports saying its going to jassim. His final statement was only glazers know what is happening.

C'est Moi Cantona

If Ornstein is quoting Mail that's bad
I know Ornstein is respected more than most, but he has never had a clue about the takeover, everything I've heard him always comes with a thick layer of, 'could be', 'maybe', 'possibly', etc.

I think it's very fair to say there are currently no journalists have any more of an idea than me or you.

Cantonagotmehere

I've obviously always been worried the sale would not happen. Now I am petrified.

Its feels like we will finish 6-8th and keep the Glazers. The main thing I will focus on and hope for is the development of young players like Holjund and hope Mount performs liek I think he can.

:(

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I think it's very fair to say there are currently no journalists have any more of an idea than me or you.
Surely everyone knows the situation? Joel and Avram Glazer are blocking the sale to Qatar because they think they can get more that way. It's a stalemate.

davidmichael

They’ve got no choice but to sell as the club can’t sustain the finances needed to continue under their ownership, this is why Qatar aren’t budging on their offer as our financials are public and plain to see for all so they know if the parasites don’t sell they’ll lose the club for probably 20% of what’s currently on offer once debt is also taken into consideration.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Said this few pages back basic business acumen will tell you it's not sustainable.

Glazers have operational costs that are increasing due to debt interest not even accounting for inflation. There's no wiggle room for them to hold out.
Inflation reduces debt in real terms though

croadyman

I've obviously always been worried the sale would not happen. Now I am petrified.

Its feels like we will finish 6-8th and keep the Glazers. The main thing I will focus on and hope for is the development of young players like Holjund and hope Mount performs liek I think he can.

We definitely will remain in the pits whilst they stay here. This recruitment structure needs absolutely ripping up or that side of things will never improve. Having said that I suspect they stay on and the budget drops further again next summer. So we won't even be able to get the bare minimum then so may as well have transfer ban

Last edited:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not sure if our poor start to the season is a blessing in disguise but it may help Glazers sell n leave faster now before our value drops instead of increasing.

Perhaps they were hoping that a solid start to this season would strengthen their hand and justify their demands when it comes to the valuation of £6bn or whatever it is that would make them sell but if our performances don’t improve combined with existing debt which may also keep increasing combined with other issues that need attention such as renovations etc, they’ll be wiser to know that it’s better to leave now.

Leethal

Not sure if our poor start to the season is a blessing in disguise but it may help Glazers sell n leave faster now before our value drops instead of increasing.

Perhaps they were hoping that a solid start to this season would strengthen their hand and justify their demands when it comes to the valuation of £6bn or whatever it is that would make them sell but if our performances don’t improve combined with existing debt which may also keep increasing combined with other issues that need attention such as renovations etc, they’ll be wiser to know that it’s better to leave now.
I’m not entirely convinced that the Glazers, themselves, know the season has even kicked off. Let alone how we’re faring.

glasgow 21

It simple numbers game with the Glazers regarding $$$. They couldn't care less if its football, a hotel chain or land. Its all business.
The truth is for example the Qatari's are close to 6B and state they will have upwards of 2B to expand Old Trafford and training facilities.
The Glazers want it all the 6+2b or they are not selling.
The team is a ant on the back of an elephant they couldn't care less what happens. The money is in the name and they will extract ever cent before they leave.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
A club is worth what someone is willing to pay for it - Boehly is, in my opinion, an arsehat and paid that. Doesn't mean our two bidders are and will

Woodzy

It's funny when shit like this gets pointed out but apparently the Glazers have a thick skin and the protests don't affect the club at all.
I mean, the Glazers probably have no involvement in the decisions. More likely a case of some highly paid people not wanting to potentially upset their bosses.

Pes6Monster

TheAthletic/DanielTaylor/Are United...
Can you tell us the outcome? Twitter can only go so far unless younare a member whereas The Athletic is a paywall.

What is the outcome of their investigation?

I have noticed MOTD do cut anti-Glazer noise down, though.

I mean, the Glazers probably have no involvement in the decisions. More likely a case of some highly paid people not wanting to potentially upset their bosses.
That is likelier.

Qatar will buy United when they up their offer.

Last edited:

Zora

Good - I hope we finish 15th. That will teach the greedy feckers. If we keep scraping the Top 4 Trophy then they'll never leave.

strandty

Can you tell us the outcome? Twitter can only go so far unless younare a member whereas The Athletic is a paywall.

What is the outcome of their investigation?

I have noticed MOTD do cut anti-Glazer noise down, though.
They emphasise three times and United's response.

1 - Ten Hag leaving the pitch after the Forest game. Martinez, then Casemiro then ETH leaving the pitch. State that ETH actually left before the players did and that the audio was a continuation of the Casemiro clip through ETHs walk-off where chants should have been heard. United said they used the audio from previous clips for continuation.

2 - Casemiro unveiling. United's twitter was full of chants of 'United, United'. Shows evidence in replies of the actual audio that should have been captured from crowd and also from Sky Sports where We Want Glazers Out was chanted. United blamed it on positioning of microphones.

3 - Teams coming out against Arsenal - Antony debut. No chanting heard on United's twitter under the commentators voice. Videos in comments of loud We Want Glazers Out chants. Again, club say it's positioning of microphones. They do not, however, rule out that editing may take place.

Sky also received complaints about quietening the chants but they say they don't and only quieten some to protect young viewers. Club also say they don't have a policy of censoring audio, other than to remove offensive language to protect younger fans.

Roboc7

I don’t think it really matters, they are only trying to get Champions League football each season or at least every other season.

We’d need a few really bad seasons for it to really impact the value, and even then probably still not by a lot. They are selling a brand really, not a football club. Whoever buys it knows they need to pump in billions and rebuild us into a football club from top to bottom.

They probably could limp on for 3-5 years and valuation wouldn’t decrease but it’s still a big gamble someone agrees to pay an inflated price. They’ve only found 2 this time and appears like they aren’t close to Glazers valuation.

Chief123

Remember when everyone was reporting that we'd get an announcement by the end of March? And then an announcement by the end of June? Good times.
I remember the good times when Glazers wanted to sell the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.