Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

The share price mean feck all
One rumour Glazers are selling and it’ll be back up again. There is zero correlation between us getting sold and the share price.

Its like tracking odds during transfer windows, means feck all.

greenoffpearson

Wasn't done well. Also, I'm not suggesting some overt operation. A handful of carefully picked, skillful operators could set up a situation where the Glazers choose to sell. Not forced to
Postponing games is almost impossible, the Liverpool game was a one off.

However delaying games by 30 - 40 mins would be possible - this will cause havoc - tv scheduling/programming etc.

Demonstrators could just do a slow walk on the approach roads around Old trafford, causing traffic to slow to a standstill, like the Just Stop Oil groups.

No violence and no arrests as long as the demonstrators keep moving - then no police intervention.

Greck

It's sort of obvious the selling part is stalling and won't go until they are sure there's nothing left to leach. It's very sad to think any positive uptick on the pitch is going to have the leaches thinking about staying. Once we saw the glazer twat attend the cup final knew it would be a battle to pry the last finger off. They enjoy playing real life championship manager and we are the savefile.

Zora

One rumour Glazers are selling and it’ll be back up again. There is zero correlation between us getting sold and the share price.

Agree.

makes me laugh that we’ve got so many so-called Stock Market experts in here as well.

There is no correlation between how well/bad stock is doing and whether or not the Glazers will sell.

And how on earth will the cnuts (Glazers) get arrested for market manipulation? I’ve read that a few times as well :lol:

Ludens the Red

Inevitable that this would come out about them not selling. The club is destined to continue to fail under their stewardship.
The failure to sort out the transfer strategy under yet another manager is absolutely criminal.

Basically for this club to ever be successful again we’ll either need the Glazers to feck off or for them to hire an actual top class manager. They refuse to do the first and are incapable of doing the second.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Postponing games is almost impossible, the Liverpool game was a one off.

However delaying games by 30 - 40 mins would be possible - this will cause havoc - tv scheduling/programming etc.

Demonstrators could just do a slow walk on the approach roads around Old trafford, causing traffic to slow to a standstill, like the Just Stop Oil groups.

No violence and no arrests as long as the demonstrators keep moving - then no police intervention.
Sounds good! But how do we manage to sneak the stallion's severed head into the room?

C'est Moi Cantona

Inevitable that this would come out about them not selling. The club is destined to continue to fail under their stewardship.
The failure to sort out the transfer strategy under yet another manager is absolutely criminal.

Basically for this club to ever be successful again we’ll either need the Glazers to feck off or for them to hire an actual top class manager. They refuse to do the first and are incapable of doing the second.
So we're concluding that ETH is not a top class manager already?

I think it's fairer to say we will never be successful again until the Glazers leave whoever the manager is.

Last edited:

Chief123

Shares dropping again, now $18.99. Opened at $19.48.
There’s too much being read into the price crash. This has no bearing on whether Glazers are still selling or not.

The price going up and down is based purely on speculation. I would not be surprised if the sale is still going ahead behind the scenes.

clarkydaz

i must say im getting rather bored of the shareprice rollercoaster, seems to affect zilch. Theres an offer on the table around 6b, regardless where the price is

Raoul

Admin
Staff
i must say im getting rather bored of the shareprice rollercoaster, seems to affect zilch. Theres an offer on the table around 6b, regardless where the price is
The share price is little more than a perception indicator on the likelihood of an imminent sale imo.

Anustart89

The share price is little more than a perception indicator on the likelihood of an imminent sale imo.
...to Jassim specifically, as news of Ratcliffe being in pole position has had little effect (due to his lack of intention to buy out minority shareholders) on the share price.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm sorry but an article from the Daily Mail with no substance behind it doesn't wipe £500m value off a company. There's something else going on behind the scenes.
Like Rio and a random unfounded rumour about Qatar winning the bid doesn't raise the value of the shares by almost similar amounts?

Hal9000

I'm sorry but an article from the Daily Mail with no substance behind it doesn't wipe £500m value off a company. There's something else going on behind the scenes.
Yes it would, not every shareholder has secret inside knowledge especially private investors. All it takes is a few people to get spooked that Qatar or Sir Jim is not going to buy their shares at a high price and dump them, for everyone start doing the same, then it's a race to the bottom with everyone trying to minimise their losses or get rid to hold onto whatever gains they've made.

It's the same way when you see a surge in value when Qatar will complete the process soon reports, everyone buying up shares in the $20 range in the hope that Qatar comes in and buys up 100% of the club and giving them $30 for a share.

Acquire Me

That’s none of your business :lol:

Nick Speed (I know) is claiming that Raine Group are speaking to Reuters tomorrow about the sale.

Let’s give Wall Street Rumours more credit than they deserve and assume they are correct and that’s actually happening, it would explain the sudden drop in share price if it’s bad news as there is always insider trading.
Fair enough :lol:

philippexyz

I think there is too much fuss about share price and the influence that has on the sale.

Rumors that Glazers are staying or that Jimmy Brexit is winning the race and leaving them as minority owners - share price drops, of course. That's not good for the future of the club.

Rumors that Sheikh Jassim(Qatar) will complete a full takeover - share price skyrockets because that indicates future investments, prosperity and success, of course.

All these rumors are coming mostly from unreliable sources who don't really know what is happening. It's a mystery that only the Glazers can finally resolve.

Very simple and too much emphasis on this. I guess journalists just milk these non-stories for clicks and attention.

Plastic Evra

Well don't worry it's only stock value, so for the club it's mostly virtual, as it is for every share not on the market.

Ludens the Red

well I thought that was what brought about the recent surge in this discussion….

So we're concluding that ETH is not a top class manager already?

I think it's fairer to say we will never be successful again until the Glazers leave whoever the manager is.
Obviously just my opinion but I don’t think he is from what I’ve seen. I of course would welcome being proved to be incorrect and a complete idiot.
We’ve been successful before with the glazers and other clubs have had success in spite of shit owners so I do think it’s a possibility but you literally to have goat levels of manager to do it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think there is too much fuss about share price and the influence that has on the sale.

Rumors that Glazers are staying or that Jimmy Brexit is winning the race and leaving them as minority owners - share price drops, of course. That's not good for the future of the club.

Rumors that Sheikh Jassim(Qatar) will complete a full takeover - share price skyrockets because that indicates future investments, prosperity and success, of course.

All these rumors are coming mostly from unreliable sources who don't really know what is happening. It's a mystery that only the Glazers can finally resolve.

Very simple and too much emphasis on this. I guess journalists just milk these non-stories for clicks and attention.
Reuters and Bloomberg are not unreliable sources.

Daily_Blind

well I thought that was what brought about the recent surge in this discussion….

Obviously just my opinion but I don’t think he is from what I’ve seen. I of course would welcome being proved to be incorrect and a complete idiot.
We’ve been successful before with the glazers and other clubs have had success in spite of shit owners so I do think it’s a possibility but you literally to have goat levels of manager to do it.
What GOAT manager nowadays would want to come in to a situation where they were under Glazer ownership?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It is quite ironic that at this moment, the state of the club is as representative of the owners as it has ever been. Heavily involved in and distracted by everything but football itself.

strandty

£166m in dividends since being floated on the NYSE.

£166m in 10 years...or £800m-£1bn each in one transaction. Just take the fecking money you absolute scum!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's also an indicator of speculation which is why there's no point looking at it.

When we get actual news the share price would likely react to it, so it's pointless relying on that. Currently it's not a leading indicator of what's happening, it's reacting off a shit source in the Sunday Mail.

Just like in June when it jumped 30% because some outlet in Qatar said its done. It doesn't actually indicate anything.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wasn't done well. Also, I'm not suggesting some overt operation. A handful of carefully picked, skillful operators could set up a situation where the Glazers choose to sell. Not forced to
I am buying up the FL supplies of horse heads then

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

£166m in dividends since being floated on the NYSE.

£166m in 10 years...or £800m-£1bn each in one transaction. Just take the fecking money you absolute scum!
Tbf if you think your asset is valued upwards of £6+billion, taking out 20-30million annually as dividends isn't much.
Or even at the market value of £3+billion.

strandty

Tbf if you think your asset is valued upwards of £6+billion, taking out 20-30million annually as dividends isn't much.
Or even at the market value of £3+billion.
They've taken £166m between them in 11 years so £27.5m each. The offer on the table is all the more reason for them to take £800m each or whatnot in one chunk.

TheReligion

Abusive

Nick Speed (I know) is claiming that Raine Group are speaking to Reuters tomorrow about the sale.

Let’s give Wall Street Rumours more credit than they deserve and assume they are correct and that’s actually happening, it would explain the sudden drop in share price if it’s bad news as there is always insider trading.
Interested to see if this develops today.

MegadrivePerson

Why would this be bad news?

fezzerUTD

This isnt true. The price rising for the Qataris has nothing to do with prosperity because the shares will be bought out from the stock exchange. The stock price rises strictly because they will be bought out at a premium on top of the share price by the Qataris.

SuperiorXI

It will be a combination of the sale being delayed and Antony/Greenwood perfect storm. Those that play the markets are perhaps even more fickle than football fans. Don't be surprised at how often people shit the bed and dump their stock.

MegadrivePerson

Why would bad news be bad news? Not sure I understand the question.
You said, Raine Group are speaking to Reuters tomorrow about the sale.

What is the bad news? If the sale of the club is moving closer then that's good news?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You said, Raine Group are speaking to Reuters tomorrow about the sale.

What is the bad news? If the sale of the club is moving closer then that's good news?
Can you try reading it again?

davidmichael

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwes-merger-with-endeavor-expected-to-be-finalized-next-week

Obviously this isn’t United based but I’m sure the whole Endeavor/WWE/UFC deal started well after the parasites had released a statement about United being up for sale or minority investment ?

Just how quickly things can go when competent people are leading things which it shows just how incompetent the fecking parasites are, weren’t Raine leading the Endeavor/WWE/UFC deal too ? They must be sick of the parasites themselves by now as they’d have surely told them to accept the Qatar deal seeing as it’s double the actual club value.

Status
Not open for further replies.