Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seveneric

I don't think the fanbase is at all divided on wanting the Glazers out, the division comes from who replaces them, and some people have decided they don't want the Glazers out badly enough to the extent of rooting for a Qatari ownership. I don't think that means they like the Glazers.

clarkydaz

Surely no one is divided on saying feck off to the Glazers though?
There have been weak attempts in the past. On Bruno's debut there was a planned walkout, but it was the anniversary of Munich, so a touchy subject and only a handful left. A twitter campaign 'empty old trafford' last year, nothing of note. i agree its the most powerful thing to do and is worldwide news in minutes, but match going fans wont seem to make that effort en masse. Annoyingly, you feel Anffield would be empty if they had cause to, they are quite unified like that

bstb3

To be fair with all this drama the TV rights for a season of All or Nothing: Manchester United could be worth a few billion. Has anyone told Joel?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair with all this drama the TV rights for a season of All or Nothing: Manchester United could be worth a few billion. Has anyone told Joel?
Should be a Fyre Fest style exploring how such a shit show can happen.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There have been weak attempts in the past. On Bruno's debut there was a planned walkout, but it was the anniversary of Munich, so a touchy subject and only a handful left. A twitter campaign 'empty old trafford' last year, nothing of note. i agree its the most powerful thing to do and is worldwide news in minutes, but match going fans wont seem to make that effort en masse. Annoyingly, you feel Anffield would be empty if they had cause to, they are quite unified like that
Yeah I totally agree with the Liverpool thing, and a few other clubs too. It’s really disappointing that our fans can’t seem to mobilise properly.

croadyman

Yeah I totally agree with the Liverpool thing, and a few other clubs too. It’s really disappointing that our fans can’t seem to mobilise properly.
Yeah hate giving them any credit but they all were unified with that walkout before end of game when under Hicks & Gillett

Puskas_007

I'm most likely deluding myself (I understand most of you will have already stopped reading at that opening) but the current media storm (and it is ridiculous) feels like the storm before the sale, I feel like pressure is being put on the Glazers, the volume of negativity has never been higher, and I don't think it's by accident, it's likely the vain hope that they will sell disturbing my logic but really would be nice to sail out of the storm of the Glazers into calm waters of new ownership... Problem is there is no ownership I can see on the horizon that would provide that, even if the club were run properly it would likely be by a billionaire or hedge fund, and personally, that is uncomfortable, although I admit there's no other option as no other entity could put the funds together... Ho hum feels like we're f***ed for the foreseeable whatever happens...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What do the f@ckers thing they gain from staying"? No one is going to pay them £10bn. Utter clowns

IamBurnsey

I just find it bizarre that either jassim or Ratcliffe haven't came out and said something, if the deal actually is off until 2025 with a new value of 10bn being the amount they want there is no way they would be hanging around if that was the case. The not knowing what is happening for the fans is a disgrace though, it is 'our' club after all, a lot of us have put a lot of time and money into this club after all!

croadyman

I'm most likely deluding myself (I understand most of you will have already stopped reading at that opening) but the current media storm (and it is ridiculous) feels like the storm before the sale, I feel like pressure is being put on the Glazers, the volume of negativity has never been higher, and I don't think it's by accident, it's likely the vain hope that they will sell disturbing my logic but really would be nice to sail out of the storm of the Glazers into calm waters of new ownership... Problem is there is no ownership I can see on the horizon that would provide that, even if the club were run properly it would likely be by a billionaire or hedge fund, and personally, that is uncomfortable, although I admit there's no other option as no other entity could put the funds together... Ho hum feels like we're f***ed for the foreseeable whatever happens...
Custis was talking very confidently about a sale before that Mail on Sunday article,however since that came out he has gone to ground which seems very telling. Feels to me like he has lost belief in his stance now

clarkydaz

What do the f@ckers thing they gain from staying"? No one is going to pay them £10bn. Utter clowns
Thats the thing, only 2 serious bidders have come forward now. Who is supposed to appear out of the blue in a few years time throwing billions more down?

croadyman

Thats the thing, only 2 serious bidders have come forward now. Who is supposed to appear out of the blue in a few years time throwing billions more down?
They are probably hoping some of the big NFL owners will come to the table,however outside of Ballmer have any actually got the money to meet their nuts valuation

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They don’t. But they think they can squeeze every penny out of current bidders by playing the long game.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If they hold onto the club and continue to run it into the ground - thus wrecking the name of Man Utd, they’ll be lucky to get 3b in the future.

The image of Utd is all they’re really selling, the club itself a wreck that requires a billion of investment and a lot of work to even be competitive again.

If they continue to run that image through the mud, its worth will plummet.

People don’t buy football clubs to make profit.

Puskas_007

Custis was talking very confidently about a sale before that Mail on Sunday article,however since that came out he has gone to ground which seems very telling. Feels to me like he has lost belief in his stance now
Interesting, there'll be loads of backchat going on that is unsubstantiated but they will hear a lot more than gets printed so I wouldn't be surprised if you're (unfortunately) probably right!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
None of the big names on it yet but tweets about Qatar meeting with FSG in Boston. You think it is real?
I can’t believe Indykailia buys a blue tick

BluesJr

I don’t think he’s changed his stance but he’s reported his news what’s the point in him saying the same thing over and over?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think he’s changed his stance but he’s reported his news what’s the point in him saying the same thing over and over?
Clicks? It’s literally his job

croadyman

My point was IF he was that confident I thought he would double down on his stance,however like you said maybe he doesn't feel he needs to

BluesJr

Clicks? It’s literally his job
Don’t think he has much to gain by just copy and pasting the story. Journos never do that. If there’s a change or a minor update, sure.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's reall
They don’t. But they think they can squeeze every penny out of current bidders by playing the long game.
If that's true I almost hope we have a disastrous season to devalue the club. If their logic is as you say they're probably thinking this season will be a banger due to some of the transfers Erik now has at his disposal. In some ways this thread should be closed because it is like that girl you're never gonna get, and you re just gonna get hurt thinking you are.

croadyman

It's reall

If that's true I almost hope we have a disastrous season to devalue the club. If their logic is as you say they're probably thinking this season will be a banger due to some of the transfers Erik now has at his disposal. In some ways this thread should be closed because it is like that girl you're never gonna get, and you re just gonna get hurt thinking you are.
They may as well make official announcement about staying and then can lock up this thread until they get a whim to sell again

FujiVice

What's interesting is how none of the press seems to give a feck about slagging the club or the Glazers at the minute. Its well known within the game that the press are shit scared of losing their access, so tread carefully. Everyone is taking a kick at us at the minute. Hope that suggests these lot arent long for this world.

C'est Moi Cantona

They may as well make official announcement about staying and then can lock up this thread until they get a whim to sell again
If I was them and wanted to wait until 2025 to sell then I'd say nothing until the end of the season, and even then just say 'we are looking a new round of bidding in the New Year' or similar.

Putting a statement out now saying they've pulled the club off the market will be a nightmare, and I'm sure they know it, better saying nothing and keep the hope for the fans going as long as they can.

Yorke to Cole

If I was them and wanted to wait until 2025 to sell then I'd say nothing until the end of the season, and even then just say 'we are looking a new round of bidding in the New Year' or similar.

Putting a statement out now saying they've pulled the club off the market will be a nightmare, and I'm sure they know it, better saying nothing and keep the hope for the fans going as long as they can.

I ams ure that has crossed the two minds of the the two turds that won't flush. Unfortunately, for them people are not stupid and will a) see through it, b) the club and it's employees can't keep carrying on in limbo, c) the management will be under pressure from constant questioning and d) the management will be under pressure from not qualifying for the Champions League.

They made the announcement public and therefore made a rod for there own back.

I wish they would fcuk off and go.

C'est Moi Cantona

I ams ure that has crossed the two minds of the the two turds that won't flush. Unfortunately, for them people are not stupid and will a) see through it, b) the club and it's employees can't keep carrying on in limbo, c) the management will be under pressure from constant questioning and d) the management will be under pressure from not qualifying for the Champions League.

More so the biggest danger is the two bidders putting out a statement if this goes on much longer, so it's probably a non starter for them, but they've pushed it longer than I thought was possible already, so who knows.

I can't believe a guy like SJR has been kept in his box and is still saying nothing.

Rhyme Animal

Agree, they’ve literally done it to themselves. It’s fecking hilarious.

They’re so fecking stupid it’s almost unbelievable.

Coops73

Does anyone think the shift in the media towards the club could be related to the sale? In terms of negative press.
Possibly, they’ve had a sniff the cnuts are staying so are wading in on the negative feelings from the United support but if I know the English press and they think they could be offski they’ll want to take some credit for their “coverage” of the negativity around the club.

Hard to call but in my opinion the media are pretty down on us and always have been, they’ll kick us either way.

Yorke to Cole

What gets me is that there are a lot of criticisms and generalisations people make towards Americans in relation to politics, racial policies, their ignorance sometimes towards their view of the World outside of them, exploitation in spreading markets. But there are some aspects of life that you applaud them for.

For example.their creativity in the entertainments industry is excellent, music, film and theatre. Also in sport, whether they are owners, coaches, players and athletes you associate them with hard, work, tactical awareness, competitiveness, doing the best you can. Those two brothers are the complete antithesis of this ethos.

I have seen more life in a corpse than I do in those 2 twats.

As I am typing this, I have realised that I have answered my own query when I mentioned the remark "exploitation". Anyway, I have been wanting to say this, so there you go.

Rhyme Animal

What gets me is that there are a lot of criticisms and generalisations people make towards Americans in relation to politics, racial policies, their ignorance sometimes towards their view of the World outside of them, exploitation in spreading markets. But there are some aspects of life that you applaud them for.

For example.their creativity in the entertainments industry is excellent, music, film and theatre. Also in sport, whether they are owners, coaches, players and athletes you associate them with hard, work, tactical awareness, competitiveness, doing the best you can. Those two brothers are the complete antithesis of this ethos.

As I am typing this, I have realised that I have answered my own query when I mentioned the remark "exploitation". Anyway, I have been wanting to say this, so there you go.
They’re useless, aging nepo babies, what do you expect?

It’s like expecting Prince William to be as enterprising as Richard Branson. Why would he be? Everything’s been handed to him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If they announce they're not selling officially, I'd hope that the supporters group would stage more public actions against them. Saying nothing just kind of neuters the enthusiasm for such things. So it's a win from the parasites.

Drz

I wish there were some legal form of action that could be taken. Maybe somehow make the FA ruling on leverage buy-out of clubs retroactive, so it has to come out of the Glazer's pockets and not attached to the club anymore. I only see them being affected by United becoming a financial stress personally.

wolvored

Multiple sources have said that the parasites have thick skins and being 4000 mile away coccooned from whats happening here, so basically dont give a feck about protests. I reckon when the Liverpool game got abandoned thats the only time it hurt them, in the pocket of course.

wolvored

I have only been to USA once, to a cousins wedding in 2001 in Richmond Virginia. Had a weeks holiday and found there is a Manchester district there! Couldnt wish to meet more nicer people. Very friendly and generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.