g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

I mentioned this. It wouldn't even have to be thousands but a few hundred would cause problems. Police wouldn't be able to handle it and games would be postponed. If it happened multiple times then games may get played behind closed doors. They wouldn't be able to ban and arrest everyone.
Will you be part of the lifetime bans group?

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Fully agree with Richard keys on this matter, there is no way that they would be here initially without fergie falling out with jp mcmanus who sold the shares to the glazers in the first place over a disagreement on race horses. Fantastic manager but a coward, he should speak out and hasn’t ever. As Richard keys said it’s comedic watching the club at the moment, that should tell you everything you need to know right there. He should speak out and not be a coward, simple as that, he’ll be gone before long, imagine one final piece of a fergie masterclass, the fans and everyone would love it.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I know Ferguson gets a lot of deserved cop for the Glazer takeover but the structure was always set for a hostile takeover regardless at the time.

He’s an old man who has done wonders for the club. I also don’t think Neville would be so critical of the Glazers without some tacit approval from SAF

Chairman Steve

I always thought Ferguson saying he liked the Glazers as owners from the outset was to be diplomatic so that fans are assured and secondarily possibly to throw shade on the two horsefeckers who owned a part of the club that he definitely didn’t like.

lex talionis

Sir Alex is a legend in all of professional sports, but it is long overdue for him to speak up against the Glazers.

What possible retribution could the Glazers exact on him?

FujiVice

Not like he'd do it anyway, but there is less than 0% chance he hasnt signed a NDA as director of the football club. You dont sign up to be a director/ambassador if you dont sign something like that. Especially when you have his influence.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The Glazers were always going to take over the club. Horsegate just accelerated the inevitable.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
sponsors dont pay for empty stadiums though, the matchday game is the ultimate product
Most of the sponsers don't care, they want their products shown on TV, 75K in a stadium is irrelevant when the TV audience is hundreds of millions

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Of course it did. Its amazing people still parrot that shite.
Bullshit. They were opportunists. Had there not been a whole other circus going on at the time there would have been a much bigger outcry. And McManus didn't care who he sold to - he only bought it to piss of SAF.

FujiVice

Bullshit. They were opportunists. Had there not been a whole other circus going on at the time there would have been a much bigger outcry. And McManus didn't care who he sold to - he only bought it to piss of SAF.
Absolute bollocks. We were vulnerable to this kind of takeover always, due to the structure of the business. The way it was bought should never have been allowed, and that's not on Ferguson.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There is an article from The Sunday Times, here. It is not the full article as I am not a subscriber.

I wondered if anyone else has happened to read it and what it deciphers?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...lys-faltering-fight-to-sell-man-utd-n6cq2x5rz
Pretty much what we knew.

Couple of niblets I did not know...

"After the death of his mother, Hannah, in 1980, Malcolm became embroiled in a bitter legal fight with his four elder sisters over her $1 million estate. It lasted 16 years and ended in a confidential settlement. "

"Minority investors holding the less powerful “A” shares could sue if the Glazers were paid a big premium for their super-voting “B” shares. And United’s stock exchange filings state that B shares will be automatically converted into A shares if the Glazers sell them. "

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Pretty much what we knew.

Couple of niblets I did not know...

"After the death of his mother, Hannah, in 1980, Malcolm became embroiled in a bitter legal fight with his four elder sisters over her $1 million estate. It lasted 16 years and ended in a confidential settlement. "

"Minority investors holding the less powerful “A” shares could sue if the Glazers were paid a big premium for their super-voting “B” shares. And United’s stock exchange filings state that B shares will be automatically converted into A shares if the Glazers sell them. "
There is more:

Ratcliffe initially proposed a deal where Ineos would buy about 50 per cent of United and allow Joel and Avram to keep about 20 per cent, which they would sell to Ineos over time. It has since been reported that all six Glazers could stay in with reduced shareholdings, which they would sell to Ineos gradually using derivatives.
Not just the two bros.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I know it’s a bit low profile and only good for the United scum element to attack our scarfers getting into the ground as per two seasons ago but please don’t choose our game in a couple of weeks for your “game stopping” protest cos I’ve just booked my hotel - all jokes aside I hope you get rid of the scum asap, absolute joke their takeover and stewardship of one of our he finest institutions of the English game and I empathise with every genuine home and awayer that has suffered through it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I said it last year. They’ve no interest in selling the club and only announced they were looking at selling last year to get some heat off the back and would retract their decision once some time has passed by saying they didn’t get any bids that met their valuation.

They fecked up because they didn’t expect the private bids to be all announced by their media and it’s hard for them to back down now without major backlash.

Both Ineos and SJ knows this and that’s why they haven’t withdrew. They’re hoping the backlash forces the cnuts to sell.

croadyman

I said it last year. They’ve no interest in selling the club and only announced they were looking at selling last year to get some heat off the back and would retract their decision once some time has passed by saying they didn’t get any bids that met their valuation.

They fecked up because they didn’t expect the private bids to be all announced by their media and it’s hard for them to back down now without major backlash.

Both Ineos and SJ knows this and that’s why they haven’t withdrew. They’re hoping the backlash forces the cnuts to sell.
Still staggered neither have walked away if they are convinced these leeches aren't selling

croadyman

People have paid for their ticket and for a lot of them it is something that they enjoy doing on the weekend. It's easy for us who don't have season tickets to tell fans to stop going to games
Yeah that's very true and wouldn't want to moralise because like you say it's a commitment

clarkydaz

Still staggered neither have walked away if they are convinced these leeches aren't selling
I'm surprised they haven't walked away purely on who they are dealing with. Id be inclined to buy spurs for half the price with that new stadium and based in London, and turn them into a new Man City

C'est Moi Cantona

Not sure about this, they'd have to be naive in the extreme to think the bids wouldn't be announced.

I think the explanation of why the club was put on the market in the first place is the most likely, in that most of the Glazers wanted out, so Joel and Avram had little choice, but no bidding war has happened, and no minority stake to buy the other Glazers out are viable, so we have a stalemate, and probably alot of in fighting in the family aswell.

But Jassim and Ratcliffe must still be been given enough encouragement to not to pull out.

MDFC Manager

There is more:

Not just the two bros.
That explains why ineos hasn't pulled out yet. The moment Qatar pull out (and i think that's not far away personally), ineos will find a way to close the deal, potentially with some sort of settlement to the class A shareholders.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Not sure about this, they'd have to be naive in the extreme to think the bids wouldn't be announced.

I think the explanation of why the club was put on the market in the first place is the most likely, in that most of the Glazers wanted out, so Joel and Avram had little choice, but no bidding war has happened, and no minority stake to buy the other Glazers out are viable, so we have a stalemate, and probably alot of in fighting in the family aswell.

But Jassim and Ratcliffe must still be been given enough encouragement to not to pull out.
The encouragement they have is the fan’s reaction to the news that the Glazers are planning to take the club off the market. The more unhappiness people starts showing at the Glazers online and in matches, the more untenable the situation becomes for them and that’s when they’ll be forced to sell.

The Greenwood example is the blueprint of how the fans and media can force the club into doing things. The people at the too are ultimately gutless and will give in when it starts to impact their earnings.

AneRu

The club has had to dump Greenwood, the situation with Antony is unfolding badly and we might have more horrors awaiting us this season. By now our wings to other clubs for transfer fees must be astronomical and will soon begin to really affect transfer business. In January ETH will be demanding funds for a RW and a back up striker.

All of the above won't be enough to break their resolve but an unbalanced team with little depth won't hold its own at the upper echelons of this league. Poor performances on the pitch will compound an already negative mood around the club and rile up fans even worse.

They will sell the club because they don't have the drive, the funds or competence to mount another rebuild whilst swimming in a sea of debt. What United need is beyond them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The encouragement they have is the fan’s reaction to the news that the Glazers are planning to take the club off the market. The more unhappiness people starts showing at the Glazers online and in matches, the more untenable the situation becomes for them and that’s when they’ll be forced to sell.

The Greenwood example is the blueprint of how the fans and media can force the club into doing things. The people at the too are ultimately gutless and will give in when it starts to impact their earnings.

Calling Rachel Riley, MBE... do your thang!

glasgow 21

They will sell the club because they don't have the drive, the funds or competence to mount another rebuild whilst swimming in a sea of debt. What United need is beyond them.
This isn't a soft Glazer statement whatsoever and am 100% behind you all to get rid, but wake up folks.

Sea of debt ? really? Close to 6b offered to buy this club so debt ratio is 6:1 . Most of us operate fine on that 240k value in our house with 40k mortgage would be happy land.
Just because it 1b doesn't mean they running around Florida panicking.
If they see staying another few year will line their pockets further ( irrelevant of what happens on the the pitch) they will stay.
They have no interest in United other than the cash cow and its a numbers game to them.
We as supporters has close to 0% affect on what they mulling over at breakfast in the morning.

Has purchasing United worked for the Glazers? Yes
Has Glazers buying worked for United ? No.

I think if they were actually running the football side more prudent and professionally then there would be less of an issue, but the stadium, and training would still be a huge issue in light of Barca, Madrid , Spurs refurbs being done or near completion.

Now no one on here would go to a meeting for a Antony on 19k and offer him 200k and trebling Sancho's wages etc.
We are littered with deals like this.
So is that Glazers? or Arnold /Murtough advising poorly will we ever know.
I personally think the Glazers know little to nothing about the actual football knowledge side.
I think that all football transfer issues are done at Carrington by the Man Utd internal staff and they need to be called out.

Qatar / Ratcliffe takeover is not a silver bullet. There is more culling required to get Man Utd operating close to competent.

Last edited:

SmallCaine

This isn't a soft Glazer statement whatsoever and am 100% being you all to get rid but wake up folks.

Sea of debt ? really? Close to 6b offered to buy this club so debt ratio is 6:1 . Most of us operate fine on that 240k value in our house with 40k mortgage would be happy land.
Just because it 1b doesn't mean they running around Florida panicking.

If they see staying another few year will line their pockets further ( irrelevant of what happens on the the pitch) they will stay.
They have no interest in United other than the cash cow and its a numbers game to them.
We as supporters has close to 0% affect on what they mulling over at breakfast in the morning.

Has purchasing United worked for the Glazers? Yes
Has Glazers buying worked for United ? No.

I think if they were actually running the football side more prudent and professionally then there would be less of an issue, but the stadium, and training would still be a huge issue in light of Barca, Madrid , Spurs refurbs being done or near completion.

Now no one on here would go to a meeting for a Antony on 19k and offer him 200k and trebling Sancho's wages etc.
We are littered with deals like this.
So is that Glazers? or Arnold /Murtough advising poorly will we ever know.
I personally think the Glazers know little to nothing about the actual football knowledge side.
I think that all football transfer issues are done at Carrington by the Man Utd internal staff and they need to be called out.

Qatar / Ratcliffe takeover is not a silver bullet. There is more culling required to get Man Utd operating to close to competent.
How does this calculation even work? Are the would owners supposed to pick up united's interest and dividend cheques as a goodwill gesture even without the sale? Just because someone offered them 6bn doesn't change the fact that united are still in 1bn debt and need more investment given they haven't agreed to sell, Glazers have no actual cash to put up for investments in squad and club that utd need. They are absolutely panicking which is why they announced the sale in the first place, their big cash rich idea of americanizing european football got destroyed so they went looking for minority investments and were clearly laughed out of the door or given terms that basically takes away control from them. Even now the report say they will delay the sale by a 1.5 years there is still no plan of sticking around because they can't afford to stick around, this isn't the nfl where the city pays for the infrastructure and the league pays for the squad, you need to invest here.

Pes6Monster

The Glazers have faced blanket hostilxity from
before they bought the club. A few protests (in which tickets and bought and paid for), cross words and Qatari apparatchiks like Neville and Rio via media means diddly squat to them.

They won't be 'forced' to sell for any reason past debt being unmanagable.

Sorry, but the Greenwood example is a footballer being audibly caught threatening his partner with sexual violence if she dare refuse him sex.

It's not similar to business people selling an asset at all.

The protest for the Greenwood example are obvious, necessary and moral, whereas protesting business owners, in many cases to the benefit of an autocratic, repressive dictatorship, is not even close to such.

Fair play to her for highlighting the Greenwood saga, but her silence on Qatar's potential takeover is disappointing.

Acquire Me

The Glazers should be stepping up their efforts to make the sale. New elements to the circus are planned day by day now.

glasgow 21

How does this calculation even work? Are the would owners supposed to pick up united's interest and dividend cheques as a goodwill gesture even without the sale? Just because someone offered them 6bn doesn't change the fact that united are still in 1bn debt and need more investment given they haven't agreed to sell, Glazers have no actual cash to put up for investments in squad and club that utd need. They are absolutely panicking which is why they announced the sale in the first place, their big cash rich idea of americanizing european football got destroyed so they went looking for minority investments and were clearly laughed out of the door or given terms that basically takes away control from them. Even now the report say they will delay the sale by a 1.5 years there is still no plan of sticking around because they can't afford to stick around, this isn't the nfl where the city pays for the infrastructure and the league pays for the squad, you need to invest here.
How does it work ? simple maths.
"Are the would owners supposed to pick up united's interest and dividend cheques as a goodwill gesture even without the sale?" I don't understand ?

Glazers will borrow United's money to make them richer which they have done since day one.
United not Glazers service the debt.
Whether that means we can't buy that 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th player is irrelevant to them.
You and I are passionate about United they are passionate about making money.
If they see events in the near future increase the asset the stay, if they don't they will sell simple as.

glasgow 21

Yeah Rachel and whilst your at it , the whole world is watching United on the Antony situation so taking that into account where is your world online disgust at Hakami still being played by PSG. ………

Hoof the ball

Absolute bollocks. We were vulnerable to this kind of takeover always, due to the structure of the business. The way it was bought should never have been allowed, and that's not on Ferguson.
Horseshit.

I don't have any objection to the point made, I just wanted to follow the fun trend of responding to a poster with a one word denunciation. :D

Parma Dewol

To see Alex Ferguson be called a coward on these forums is embarrassing.

Not only is he in his ‘80s and by all accounts lucky to be alive, but he has given United fans much more than we could ever have dreamed of.

Disgraceful comments and when you hear such gibberish, you have to wonder if we deserve to be in the state we are.

SmallCaine

How does it work ? simple maths.
"Are the would owners supposed to pick up united's interest and dividend cheques as a goodwill gesture even without the sale?" I don't understand ?

Glazers will borrow United's money to make them richer which they have done since day one.
United not Glazers service the debt.
Whether that means we can't buy that 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th player is irrelevant to them.
You and I are passionate about United they are passionate about making money.
If they see events in the near future increase the asset the stay, if they don't they will sell simple as.
I don't think you understand how ratios work dude. You don't take 2 random nos and try and come up with a ratio of those, nos have to mean something to each other for that to work. The buying price has absolutely nothing to do with man united's ability to service its debts, pay for squad refreshment and ability to invest in infrastructure upgrades. Much of that 6bn figure comes from the control premium on the club, you take that away and clearly no one's offering anything decent in terms of loans or minority investment hence the need to sell. So how exactly does it make any sense to take a ratio of those things together to draw any inference. This isn't a house its a business, a not a high profit margin one at that. Its value comes from the prestige of owning it not from the money it makes and the club needs money to spend otherwise it loses value.

SmallCaine

To see Alex Ferguson be called a coward on these forums is embarrassing.

Not only is he in his ‘80s and by all accounts lucky to be alive, but he has given United fans much more than we could ever have dreamed of.

Disgraceful comments and when you hear such gibberish, you have to wonder if we deserve to be in the state we are.
So we just ignore his hand in the whole glazer affair? I have a lot of respect and love for fergie for what he did for the club as our manager but he deserves his share of criticism for glazer reign, they don't get screw us if fergie doesn't get greedy thats just facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.