Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
To see Alex Ferguson be called a coward on these forums is embarrassing.

Not only is he in his ‘80s and by all accounts lucky to be alive, but he has given United fans much more than we could ever have dreamed of.

Disgraceful comments and when you hear such gibberish, you have to wonder if we deserve to be in the state we are.
Agreed. Leave the old man alone. Too many idiots on this forum these days.

Lemoor

So we just ignore his hand in the whole glazer affair? I have a lot of respect and love for fergie for what he did for the club as our manager but he deserves his share of criticism for glazer reign, they don't get screw us if fergie doesn't get greedy thats just facts.
Where does the conviction that Magnier and McManus would never deal with Glazer, if it wasn't for that dispute, come from?

SmallCaine

Where does the conviction that Magnier and McManus would never deal with Glazer, if it wasn't for that dispute, come from?
It's not whether they would sell to glazers, the question is would they sell in the first place without the dispute?

reddyornot

More from the Sunday Times.
Malcolm Glazer was branded by a judge in the 1980's "as a snake in sheep's clothing"
Mixing up his metaphors but we know what he means.

Pes6Monster

When countersuing Ferguson (it got settled out of court), they increased their shares in the company.

After the settlement, it took a whole year for them to sell to the Glazers, who by that stage had become the primary shareholders. Cubic owned 27% in total.

Watching the pro-Qatari crowd (and that is who it is) parrot these demonstrably false narratives, attack our club's legends and history is deeply embarrassing. Richard Keys on Qatari state media? Says it all.

But that's sports-washing for you. They'll
worship, and I do mean worship, Qatar over the club itself.

Already in play at both city and newcastle.

Lemoor

It's not whether they would sell to glazers, the question is would they sell in the first place without the dispute?
Unless I misremember something massively, Malcolm Glazer had no problem buying out other shareholders without the dispute and I just don't see any reason why he wouldn't come to them with at least a similar offer. I can buy that details would likely be different (for example maybe they would get a better price from him that United would have to pay the bill for anyway), but I just don't see any reason for them to not sell at all and I don't see any way with which they would block him even if they decided not to sell their shares. They were here to invest the money, not to make United fans happy.
The only reason I see for this is that it would be kind of poetic if United now was suffering for Ferguson's sins, but just because it would be a compelling story doesn't make it true.

Last edited:

Acquire Me

Not only is he in his ‘80s and by all accounts lucky to be alive, but he has given United fans much more than we could ever have dreamed of.

Disgraceful comments and when you hear such gibberish, you have to wonder if we deserve to be in the state we are.
Don't take any notice. Going after him shows how little they actually care about the club.

SmallCaine

Unless I misremember something massively, Malcolm Glazer had no problem buying out other shareholders without the dispute and I just don't see any reason why he wouldn't come to them with at least a similar offer. I can buy that details would likely be different (for example maybe they would get a better price from him that United would have to pay the bill for anyway), but I just don't see any reason for them to not sell at all and I don't see any way with which they would block him even if they decided not to sell their shares. They were here to invest the money, not to make United fans happy.
The only reason I see for this is that it would be kind of poetic if United now was suffering for Ferguson's sins, but just because it would be a compelling story doesn't make it true.
These guys weren't just investors though, they had were very good friends with sir alex which is what led to the whole affair in the first place and billionaires at that so not exactly hurting for money, this is just my personal opinion but as i see it, if the horse business never happens they do their due diligence on how glazers run the club and more importantly Sir Alex could have actually played a part in stopping the purchase in the first place, people ignore the fact that the manager who broke the british transfer record thrice was turned into a guy who had replace cristiano ronaldo with antonio valencia and gabriel obertan.

dinostar77

Agreed, its only a minority of idiots who go after a OAP and a legendary OAP at that. He gets a £1mil a year as a non executive director so he's hardly going to speak his mind and make anti glazer comments. City's success must be killing him inside.

Moriarty

More from the Sunday Times.
Malcolm Glazer was branded by a judge in the 1980's "as a snake in sheep's clothing"
Mixing up his metaphors but we know what he means.
I posted a fair bit of stuff about Malcolm Glazer's litigation woes, citing court cases, judgments, and press cuttings from the time. If the government of the day had acted with as much zeal as they did when Murdoch bid for the club, Glazer would or should have been sent away with a flea in his ear. Instead, they were permitted to acquire an historic community asset with the intention of turning it into a tacky, American-style franchise, with every blade of grass on the pitch available for sponsorship.

Yorke to Cole

There has been a lot of conjecture about the Glazers are "thick skinned" and "immune" to protests, but let's look at this with a clear head. Look at what has happened over the past month. The leaks that are coming out. The very specific plan in regards to Greenwood. The invitation to a pedophile being invited to watch womens match, that was a year ago. Stories of workers handing fliers out on behalf of the 1958.

Someone high up wants the Glazers out. Yes the two want Ratcliffe because the way he runs it might get them to that 10 billion. One thing is for sure, the way they run it, will not get that valuation.

There has to be a threshold to this "thick skin" assessment. Potential sponsors, investors as well the existing partners will start to get agitated.

Phil Brown went on the Muppetiers and gave a good example of United declining in marketing perception. That is we can't even replace a shirt sponsor. It should take a "month or two" to resolve that and that has not happened.

Herman Toothrot

Fully agree with Richard keys on this matter, there is no way that they would be here initially without fergie falling out with jp mcmanus who sold the shares to the glazers in the first place over a disagreement on race horses. Fantastic manager but a coward, he should speak out and hasn’t ever. As Richard keys said it’s comedic watching the club at the moment, that should tell you everything you need to know right there. He should speak out and not be a coward, simple as that, he’ll be gone before long, imagine one final piece of a fergie masterclass, the fans and everyone would love it.
Jesus Christ.

Andy_Cole

Ferguson - completely agree that he’s an 82 year old man and he shouldn’t be obliged to go into public. He could’ve died a few years ago. Leave him be. He doesn’t even talk football matters practically ever never mind this stuff.

Whilst he was at the club? I think Ferguson was always crippled with bad owners arguably. He was another level manager who got the best from the club with the tools he had. He also was an employee so why would he criticise his employers.

Cantona in disguise

I dont get the stuff aimed at SAF it's ridiculous. The man can do as he pleases he gave my generation the best of united. He won the lot. Can't get my head around it. He owes the fans nothing. Not a jot. My generation owe him our best football memories. The modern fan... Christ on a bike.

redshaw

People like Keys are just stirring the pot like they do with our penalty awards.

Ferguson should be left to enjoy his final years long may they continue. What can he do anyway except get embroiled and stressed about a complex multi billion sale, where does he push to, Jim/Jassim? Some other mystical buyer? Nothing is clear in the buyer, fans want the club sold but who the feck to, not many seem to like the two main options either but still want the club sold. Do we have different protests if it goes Qatar, do some fans get annoyed if Fergie pushes for Qatar.

Glazers. Hedge fund, Jassim Ineos all very suspect for different reasons.

SirAF

Ageist
I don't think he would agree with you, any more than Matt Busby would had the same been said of him.
Don't care. Without Ferguson most of us wouldn't be here - hell, RedCafe probably wouldn't exist.

bstb3

Crikey, the statement machine is in overdrive. Mildred's never had so much typing to do.

Bit of an odd thing to be confused over, you have to wonder whether someone is playing silly buggers to wind things up.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Busby and Fergie built the club up on the simple principle that the club would always be bigger than any individual or group.
They built the teams to play for the supporters who in effect are the club.
That was the philosophy of pretty much every club, not just United, those days are long gone and they're never returning, not at top level football

Woodzy

The cnuts just need to sell lets be honest, every aspect of the club is coming apart and the Glazers are there like the fecking violin players on the titanic.

Zora

This club is done. Never known it in such a state and I’ve been supporting Utd since 1981.

Zora

Don't care. Without Ferguson most of us wouldn't be here - hell, RedCafe probably wouldn't exist.
Without Fergie many of the people here would be supporting Liverpool or Arsenal.

Yorke to Cole

If this continues (the chaos off the pitch and the "leaks", there is allegedly more to dirty laundry to come), how do we think this will end?

Surely some clarification of intentions needs to come out?

Will Raine themselves say anything to their clients about how this backdrop of mess in clouding the club. As I said earlier, these leaks are not a coincidence.

AneRu

If this continues (the chaos off the pitch and the "leaks", there is allegedly more to dirty laundry to come), how do we think this will end?

Will Raine themselves say anything to their clients about how this backdrop of mess in clouding the club. As I said earlier, these leaks are not a coincidence.
The way the bad news keeps piling one would think its coordinated, wouldn't shock me if it's true that the staff at OT is also sick of the OG Chuckle brothers.

Yorke to Cole

The way the bad news keeps piling one would think its coordinated, wouldn't shock me if it's true that the staff at OT is also sick of the OG Chuckle brothers.
The timing does definitely show that these stories are orchestrated. Look at the timing. The Athletic have now got a snout giving them stories. Whoever that is, is trying to disrupt the "brand" of the club and hurt the Glazer's where it matters.

cyberman

Any clues as to what bad news is coming?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The club is never done. And many of us started before 1981.
It is all the stories coming out, but like others have said, without social media going back it was easier to keep a lid on any bad stuff going on. The press were happy to keep quiet as well, it meant they could get exclusives from managers and player. Now they just make a story out of any rumour they hear.

AneRu

The timing does definitely show that these stories are orchestrated. Look at the timing. The Athletic have now got a snout giving them stories. Whoever that is, is trying to disrupt the "brand" of the club and hurt the Glazer's where it matters.
The Glazers have pissed off a couple of powerful bidders plus minority shareholders on Wall Street, its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone is driving this. Could all be a coincidence, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.