Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

That was the philosophy of pretty much every club, not just United, those days are long gone and they're never returning, not at top level football
I hate to say you're right, but you are. It's a great big fecking corporate enterprise now, run by and for rich men who have never likely kicked a ball in anger or stood on the terraces. TV rules the roost and the everyday supporters, those who were the lifeblood of the club, just don't really matter. It's all about pundits, stats, celebrity commentators and other talking heads. For me, football gets less interesting with each passing season.

Lemoor

These guys weren't just investors though, they had were very good friends with sir alex which is what led to the whole affair in the first place and billionaires at that so not exactly hurting for money, this is just my personal opinion but as i see it, if the horse business never happens they do their due diligence on how glazers run the club and more importantly Sir Alex could have actually played a part in stopping the purchase in the first place, people ignore the fact that the manager who broke the british transfer record thrice was turned into a guy who had replace cristiano ronaldo with antonio valencia and gabriel obertan.
A situation where an 800 million pound takeover would be stopped or even affected in any way, because a team manager with no shares, who is friends with people owning 30% of shares said something would be completely unprecedented. I would be incredibly surprised if anything even remotely similar happened anywhere, ever. To me it's just pure wishful thinking.
If the horse thing never happened, it's not like sale would force them to not be friends in any way and if anything the more wealth people have the greedier they get, but that's kind of besides the point.

Yorke to Cole

Any clues as to what bad news is coming?
If we look at what has been " leaked" so far, how they intended to bring back Greenwood and then the pedophile story, it is information presented that is to hurt the image of the club and affect it's brand.

Yes, there is the moral element to both of these stories but is exposing how the club makes decisions. For example, the Greenwood case. Crafton really focused on how United classified certain groups as "hostile." That word has negative connotations when you attribute it to charities. Now it could be the intentions were to be thorough and that was just not correct term to use. But that really turned the screw on United in terms of of outside perception.

It is going to be stories of how United a) work as organisation with absentee owners, b) decision that have been constrewed as mistakes but hidden c) potential stories into the workings of financial mistakes. Possibly material about Woodward and his decision making. Maybe, his part in the Super League?

Yorke to Cole

The Glazers have pissed off a couple of powerful bidders plus minority shareholders on Wall Street, its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone is driving this. Could all be a coincidence, time will tell.
I completely agree. There have been murmurings that someone will leak/or have leaked some of the due diligence details to show how bad they are running the club. Jassim, Ratcliffe, Eliot, Ares,Sixth Street and Carlyle are all more powerful than the Glazer's. Anyone of those could be behind this.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The Glazers have pissed off a couple of powerful bidders plus minority shareholders on Wall Street, its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone is driving this. Could all be a coincidence, time will tell.
VERY powerful bidders… both with far more wealth and power than the entire Glazer family combined…

And both of whom have been strung along and mugged off publicly by them for months, wasting their time and money.

Yorke to Cole

VERY powerful bidders… both with far more wealth and power than the entire Glazer family combined…

And both of whom have been strung along and mugged off publicly by them for months, wasting their time and money.
I was speaking to a United supporter who helped to develop Brighton and Hove Albion's current stadium, (so he got to know the executives there well). He said it can costs millions to put a team in order to place an offer to buy a club.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
That was the philosophy of pretty much every club, not just United, those days are long gone and they're never returning, not at top level football
The reason those days are gone is because the FA which was supposed to look out for the interests of supporters sold them out.
We should not be surprised. FIFA is the most corrupt sporting organization in the world.
Qatar WC?

Shit flows downstream.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Man City have £365m plan for world domination while life passes by Man Utd
The era of multi-use arenas is upon us and could soon be the difference between running a successful football club or not. Manchester City are investing in the development of a new complex next to the Etihad Stadium, which will contribute to future revenue that is financial fair play-compliant

Last edited:

croadyman

I completely agree. There have been murmurings that someone will leak/or have leaked some of the due diligence details to show how bad they are running the club. Jassim, Ratcliffe, Eliot, Ares,Sixth Street and Carlyle are all more powerful than the Glazer's. Anyone of those could be behind this.
So if you had to select one of those for being behind these stories getting leaked out

Yorke to Cole

So if you had to select one of those for being behind these stories getting leaked out
The most obvious is perhaps 92 Foundation, given that they thought their efforts had come through back in June. Knowing that the fanbase and past players are advocating them to takeover, they feel they have the most support. Also, the report Solhekol saying they had the support within the club. All the bidders know that they are playing games in order to increase the money.

So know the screw is being turned onto them.

Even the minority investors are possibly thinking that if we can get our foot in the door, we can kick these 2'brothers out, run the club properly and then sell at the price the Glazer's initially want. Although they will not be seen as popular by the fans, they feel that they could credited with strong arming the Glazer's out the door.

Yorke to Cole

‘A brand like Man Utd’ :lol:

He’s a fecking proper numpty.

You know the tragi-comedy will continue under him. He has it written all over him.

This is not a guy who’s gonna put Utd back on top.
He is using language to appeal to the Glazer's. It is probably strategic. I am confident as opposed to last week when the Sunday Mail story came out. I do think all options are still on the table and I think more leaks and skulduggery is going to come out against these owners.

croadyman

You know the tragi-comedy will continue under him. He has it written all over him.

He wouldn't be my first choice either,however surely he couldn't be even worse than these leeches can he?

Rhyme Animal

He is using language to appeal to the Glazer's. It is probably strategic. I am confident as opposed to last week when the Sunday Mail story came out. I do think all options are still on the table and I think more leaks and skulduggery is going to come out against these owners.
Confident of what - full sale? Ratcliffe ft Glazer Bros? Other?

Yorke to Cole

Confident of what - full sale? Ratcliffe ft Glazer Bros? Other?
I think if Jassim adds another £200 million increase, they will be under severe pressure to accept from the class A shareholders plus the other siblings.

What gives Ratcliffe hope is if he was to increase, then the 4 siblings may accept and the 2 brothers get to it stay on.

Rhyme Animal

He wouldn't be my first choice either,however surely he couldn't be even worse than these leeches can he?
Thing is, if he buys the club and is a clown - that’s Utd for 10 years, minimum.

I’d rather take 2 seasons of hard failure under the turd bros and then a proper owner comes in.

Also, if it’s Ratcliffe, the turd bros will still be there, behind the scenes.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The reason those days are gone is because the FA which was supposed to look out for the interests of supporters sold them out.
We should not be surprised. FIFA is the most corrupt sporting organization in the world.
Qatar WC?

Shit flows downstream.
The FA has never looked after then interest of supporters, that's not their job, the clubs did that and at the start most people were for it, Sky gave the ability for people to see their team regularly on TV, something we never had before, the problem is that it became too much of a money spinner, of the inaugural teams that started the PL I bet there's only 1-2 who are owned by the same people

croadyman

Thing is, if he buys the club and is a clown - that’s Utd for 10 years, minimum.

I’d rather take 2 seasons of hard failure under the turd bros and then a proper owner comes in.

Also, if it’s Ratcliffe, the turd bros will still be there, behind the scenes.
Hard to stomach another two years of those pair of leeches. I don't want to feel like we are finished off the field,however that looks as though it could well be the case

sglowrider

Not sure which is worse, the use of the word 'brand' or 'franchise'.

croadyman

I think if Jassim adds another £200 million increase, they will be under severe pressure to accept from the class A shareholders plus the other siblings.

What gives Ratcliffe hope is if he was to increase, then the 4 siblings may accept and the 2 brothers get to it stay on.
Question is what will it take for Jassim to find that extra £200m you feel is needed

Rhyme Animal

Not sure which is worse, the use of the word 'brand' or 'franchise'.
It’s just such a fecking suspect thing to come out with - same as when he complimented the Glazers. Basically every time he talks about Utd he says something very dubious.

He’s a clown.

fecking Cadbury’s is a brand, Stone Island is a brand, Man Utd is a fecking FOOTBALL CLUB.

It’s so revealing of his outlook that he didn’t say ‘when you buy a club like Man Utd’.

sglowrider

It’s just such a fecking suspect thing to come out with - same as when he complimented the Glazers. Basically every time he talks about Utd he says something very dubious.

He’s a clown.

fecking Cadbury’s is a brand, Stone Island is a brand, Man Utd is a fecking FOOTBALL CLUB.

It’s so revealing of his outlook that he didn’t say ‘when you buy a club like Man Utd’.
Tbf to Ratcliffe, maybe that's how he must have read the room or got information on the Glazers. He is being as expedient as possible. Just get control of the club.

My worry is whether he has the finances to go beyond just getting 'control' of the club. Serious, ambitious football clubs have gone beyond being just a football club now in order to compete globally.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/09/10/manchester-city-365m-stadium-plan-man-united/

Question is whether one man, albeit with his own company behind it can take it to the next level of being or existing as a 'legacy' brand. City, the PE-owned clubs are taking it to another level now. Ten years ago, a billionaire was sufficient. Now, its sovereign funds or PEs that can compete.

Ratcliffe could buy United but not have the funds to expand. Then we will just slowly lose our relevance over time. I used to live in Nottingham... so I know what its like to watch a club slide into Oblivian.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The cnuts just need to sell lets be honest, every aspect of the club is coming apart and the Glazers are there like the fecking violin players on the titanic.
Fun fact. Wallace Hartley the band leader who went down with the Titanic on its maiden voyage was born in 1878. The same year Manchester United were formed.

Pes6Monster

United are a brand, let's be honest, they are.

There's a reason why the club removed the words 'Football Club' from its logo in 1998.

Make no mistake, the brand appeal is why Qatar and Ineos want United so much.

Tbf to Ratcliffe, maybe that's how he must have read the room or got information on the Glazers. He is being as expedient as possible. Just get control of the club.

My worry is whether he has the finances to go beyond just getting 'control' of the club. Serious, ambitious football clubs have gone beyond being just a football club now in order to compete
United have the requisite finances as is. The major hindrance to our future is, of course, the debt.

The concern with both owners is neither have advised how they'd run the club. Qatar have (rather stupidly) advised they'd turn OT into the BeInSports Bowl whereas Ratcliffe appealed to the club's history and sense of community (never change the name of OT). No information on how to run the actual football.

Neither have any experience running a club like United, in a serious league, and both will be irremovable if they take over.

As for city's concert venue FFP flub, it should not be allowed. It will of course be.

Status
Not open for further replies.