Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
None of the big names on it yet but tweets about Qatar meeting with FSG in Boston. You think it is real?

samlee86

Hopefully the sh** storm that is brewing will convince the Glazers its only downhill from here.

That’s probably wishful thinking on my part but its the most logical assessment.

Surely if we don’t make the champions league this year (definitely possible) then the valuation of the club plummets.

Woziak

There’s so much fake news from all parties, If the Glazers don’t sell and another PL team is taking over by the same 92 foundation then they really will never be able to visit old Trafford again, they need to be aggressively counselled by the minority share holders this month and told they have to sell, these are dark times for united fans but we must keep the faith.

Moriarty

There’s so much fake news from all parties, If the Glazers don’t sell and another PL team is taking over by the same 92 foundation then they really will never be able to visit old Trafford again, they need to be aggressively counselled by the minority share holders this month and told they have to sell, these are dark times for united fans but we must keep the faith.
The Glazers have skin as thick as the armour plating on a King Tiger. They are immune to pressure.

alanjohnson

yeh, eating prawn sandwiches and singing 'GLAZERS OUT' is really going to affect the glazers.

alanjohnson

if old trafford was close to empty for every single game from here on now, if fans stopped buying the merch and even stopped watching the games on tv, then it would work.
singing songs makes no difference.

protesting, carrying flags and singing songs isnt the way.

croadyman

if old trafford was close to empty for every single game from here on now, if fans stopped buying the merch and even stopped watching the games on tv, then it would work.
singing songs makes no difference.

protesting, carrying flags and singing songs isnt the way.
Old Trafford will never be close to empty and not enough fans will stop buying merch either

RedDevilQuebecois

Only ever illegal when it's lowly plebs like us.

Billionaires are always rigging the game and nothing happens.
Joe Lewis (Tottenham; $6.1 billion worth according to Forbes) got indicted by the SDNY DA at the very end of July on charges of insider trading.

philippexyz

None of the big names on it yet but tweets about Qatar meeting with FSG in Boston. You think it is real?
This could be a message/threat from the Qataris to the Glazers. If you continue to mess around and stall, we have another willing seller(second biggest club in England - Liverpool).

Anustart89

This could be a message/threat from the Qataris to the Glazers. If you continue to mess around and stall, we have another willing seller(second biggest club in England - Liverpool).
Imagine a bullshit tweet from Indykaila being the thing that scares the Glazers into selling :drool: Immediate Tier 1 status for Indy

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
When indykaila tells me it's pasta on the plate I smash him over the head and call him a complete bullshitter.

Old Ma Crow

Panic on the streets of Florida! Come on Glazers sell now before the club loses even more value! The next scandal is surely coming. Board meetings must be fun these days.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Is it so unrealistic to get OT empty for a game/few games? Surely with a mass campaign on social media etc it’s possible. Banners outside the ground. Certainly shouldn’t be hard to mobilise all season ticket holders for example?

clarkydaz

Is it so unrealistic to get OT empty for a game/few games? Surely with a mass campaign on social media etc it’s possible. Banners outside the ground. Certainly shouldn’t be hard to mobilise all season ticket holders for example?
Ultimately, people cant be bothered with that. The fanbase is too divided

Woziak

She’s not wrong, at what point do the Goblins actually start to read the room, the main reason why the club is not worth £6 to £7 billion is because of them, they do not understand the modern ways of running an elite Football club.

They employ worst in class, they like to sweep all their dirt under the carpet and use the club as an ATM, we’ll the Box is now empty and no one wants to refill it with cash as it simply completely broken and no longer worth servicing.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Surely no one is divided on saying feck off to the Glazers though?
Some are, look at some of the responses when the Mail speculation broke through on the weekend. Some were rejoicing that the Glazers were staying because they didn't want a Qatari bid

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I would assume for many watching United play is a huge part of their lives. It's easy for non-season ticket holders to say "just stop attending matches" but it's goes deeper than that. I'm from Houston, and when the Rockets were absolute garbage and poorly run I still religiously went to as many games as I could simply b/c it had become such a big part of my life. There was no way I was going to stop attending games.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I would assume for many watching United play is a huge part of their lives. It's easy for non-season ticket holders to say "just stop attending matches" but it's goes deeper than that. I'm from Houston, and when the Rockets were absolute garbage and poorly run I still religiously went to as many games as I could simply b/c it had become such a big part of my life. There was no way I was going to stop attending games.
I totally respect that but I think for a one off game it could be achieved as a symbol. No matter how die hard or casual the fan everyone knows this is an unsustainable situation and it must be stopped before it really is too late.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I totally respect that but I think for a one off game it could be achieved as a symbol. No matter how die hard or casual the fan everyone knows this is an unsustainable situation and it must be stopped before it really is too late.
They have already paid for the season ticket though and if it's a one-off how is that sustained pressure? I just think asking fans to boycott matches isn't realistic. Football is entertainment and an escape from reality and no matter how shit of a situation the club is in for some people that's all it is.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Is it so unrealistic to get OT empty for a game/few games?
It's extremely unrealistic for a number of reasons.

United's fan base is very much not united in any shape or form with regard to the relevant issues here.

Sure, most agree that the Glazers are shit (to varying degrees, in various forms) - but that doesn't mean it's easy to get tens of thousands of people to actually not turn up for a match they have a ticket for.

RedDevilQuebecois

Some are, look at some of the responses when the Mail speculation broke through on the weekend. Some were rejoicing that the Glazers were staying because they didn't want a Qatari bid
I just can't wait to see the back of those people should the Qataris finally win the bid. Anyone supporting or enabling the Glazers is not a true Manchester United fan.

croadyman

Ultimately, people cant be bothered with that. The fanbase is too divided
Yeah the divide is definitely what would stop this from happening,it's a much bigger commitment if you have been going to games for years

Status
Not open for further replies.