Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nainaisson

Christ! I just looked -- that was 2015.

Are you still holding a grudge? Let it go man!!

You also may be misdirecting your hatred of the Glazers at others.

At any rate, is not healthy.
No, it's a crime that becomes even more heinous with time, like the Spanish Inquisition or the Nazi invasion of Poland.

stevoc

I'll retract "scum" if Howson leaves the channel. An insane narcissist who thinks it's a good idea to ask people to pay to go to a pub with him deserves a worse word than "scum", but there are rules about profanity here.
And did anyone agree to pay to go to the pub with him? Basically he was advertising a private tour guide service?

Last edited:

soapythecat

This thread man….you could trawl the internet to find absolutely zero in the sale of the club or any credible update, yet on here we have folk thinking it’s sold due to a few tweets.
This will be one of the biggest stories in world news when it happens and it will break like a tsunami when it does. I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting that update from some clown in Enderby.

philippexyz

Don't get carried yourselves people, until a serious source(Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Athletic, BBC, Sky...) confirms anything. Glazers will indeed I believe make a choice relatively soon, don't know what that will be.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't get carried yourselves people, until a serious source(Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Athletic, BBC, Sky...) confirms anything. Glazers will indeed I believe make a choice relatively soon, don't know what that will be.
Oh ok thanks for clearing up

philippexyz

Oh ok thanks for clearing up
And thank you for the sarcastic, condescending response. I will always be here(unless I potentially get banned) on this forum to bring sense, reason, rationality. That's who I am, as a person(and a United fan).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Awwwww but i thought all these self blue ticked mega sources had the answers :(

I think most people know they're crap sources but at this point people like any kind of good news

stevoc

It's been done and dusted for months according to Bloomberg.

Sky :lol:

Zora

Who? If you're talking about Ste I know him very well, top bloke.
He's an arrogant cnut who loves the sound of his own voice and also thinks he's the second coming of Pep Guardiola because he now hangs out with Rio Ferdinand and manages a Sunday league team.

Ricky Spanish

He's an arrogant cnut who loves the sound of his own voice and also thinks he's the second coming of Pep Guardiola because he now hangs out with Rio Ferdinand and manages a Sunday league team.
True of many people on the internet.

Zora

True of many people on the internet.
It doesn't make it right though.

Ste Howson and all of the other cnuts are out to make a few quid off the back of Utd. They can peddle the "We're real Utd fans" schtick all they want - they're no different from Mark Goldbridge.

Ricky Spanish

Howson really rubs a lot of people up the wrong way on here. :lol:
Yeah, strange. He definitely turns up his personality for effect (as most youtubers do), but I don't doubt how much he loves United. Fought for his country too, goes a long way with me, my dad was a soldier.

aganley

Yeah, strange. He definitely turns up his personality for effect (as most youtubers do), but I don't doubt how much he loves United. Fought for his country too, goes a long way with me, my dad was a soldier.
Howson comes across as an arrogant bully.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So they didn't exclusively report that Qatar were confident they'd complete the takeover soon?
Not in those words no, can you point out the specific words in the article? The journalist reporting the news works near me, I'd be surprised if that's what he has said.

Pes6Monster

Not in those words no, can you point out the specific words in the article? The journalist reporting the news works near me, I'd be surprised if that's what he has said.
On the 29th June 2023, Bloomberg reported Ratcliffe's then-bid was 'dead in the water', but he has later revised his bid.

Ratcliffe 'dead in the water' practically clears Qatar's path.

stevoc

Bloomberg exclusive: Qatar Group Now Confident of Winning Manchester United Race

The Qatari group led by Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad J.J. Al Thani is increasingly confident it’s won the bidding war for Manchester United Plc, thwarting a rival offer from British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe as the sale of the football club extends into the crucial summer months.

The transaction has been beset with delays, with bids failing to meet expectations of the selling Glazer family, splits among the owners about whether to sell and fears of litigation from minority shareholders, people with knowledge of the matter said.

Those within the inner circle of the Qatari bid have now begun communicating their confidence of victory and believe it’s just a matter of time before an official announcement is made, according to the people.

That was back in June, full of shit.

Just like Reuters.

GreatDane

This thread man….you could trawl the internet to find absolutely zero in the sale of the club or any credible update, yet on here we have folk thinking it’s sold due to a few tweets.
This will be one of the biggest stories in world news when it happens and it will break like a tsunami when it does. I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting that update from some clown in Enderby.
I'll have you know that Sean from Enderby literally has #NeverWrong in his bio, so checkmate, mate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

That was back in June, full of shit.

Just like Reuters.
They never said soon. They said a matter of time which is completely different, and the Bloomberg journalist actually came out to provide further context that it was down to the structure of Ratcliffe's bid being dead in the water with class A shareholders.

Bloomberg never said soon, and the dynamics have also changed since Ratcliff has punted on minority stake instead.

croadyman

That's the trouble with recent international breaks it always leads to false crap about takeover

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On the 29th June 2023, Bloomberg reported Ratcliffe's then-bid was 'dead in the water', but he has later revised his bid.

Ratcliffe 'dead in the water' practically clears Qatar's path.
Cleared* not clears

And as you out it was a then bid. Not the current state of play. The journalist was very clear in saying that unless Ratcliff changes his bid or convinces the A shareholders then it would be dead in the water.

stevoc

They never said soon. They said a matter of time which is completely different, and the Bloomberg journalist actually came out to provide further context that it was down to the structure of Ratcliffe's bid being dead in the water with class A shareholders.

Bloomberg never said soon, and the dynamics have also changed since Ratcliff has punted on minority stake instead.
They basically did.

In what context does the phrase ''it's just a matter of time'' not usually mean relatively soon?

Rarely would someone say ''it's just a matter of time'' before they are going to get/do something, if they meant it was 2, 5 or 10 years away.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They basically did.

In what context does the phrase ''it's just a matter of time'' not usually mean relatively soon?
A matter of time does not mean soon. It means the direction of travel is inevitable toward one outcome, but the time is unknown, hence "it's just a matter of time" . If they wanted to imply soon, they'd say soon.

The journalist came on a youtube channel to give proper context on his article too, which you have appeared to ignore.

Last edited:

Yorke to Cole

The Athletic has rehashed an article they wrote a while back about how speculation affects the share price. I do not subscribe to them anymore and therefore have not read it but I would not be surprised if it was the same piece with a couple of new sentences in.

Crafton brought out another article "the day angry staff faced Richard Arnold on 18th September". FFS, give it a rest, you have had your moment in the sun, let the club deal with their own issues. It goes to show how an international break really prompts people to bring out stories and keep their hand in.

Status
Not open for further replies.